Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could ask one question what would it be?

Go down 
+9
QuestionMark
whyno
ColumbineIsInterestingAF
EGSandrew
spidEr
dahlia_rose
Lunkhead McGrath
runreilly
Fatheroftwo
13 posters
AuthorMessage

If you could ask one question what would it be? Empty
PostSubject: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 8:10 am

If you could ask any number of deceased killers one question who would you ask and what would your question be?
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 82513
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 3:28 pm

To whom and to what degree did you tip off that something was going to happen on 4/20?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Random question   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 10:23 pm

I would ask Adam Lanza what he thought of skinny jeans.
Back to top Go down
runreilly

runreilly

Contribution Points : 65754

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 1:40 am

Strychnine wrote:
If you could ask any number of deceased killers one question who would you ask and what would your question be?

So many of the victims were young, wimpy, and (I assume) mostly uninvolved with the upper echaelons of the school's social system. Mauser and Velasquez come to mind right off the bat. They shot them point blank, but it doesn't even matter because bombs could have killed anyone, anyway.

I think it's in the "Lost Boys" documentary where is shows some solemn kids in the weight room talking about how, 'if they wanted to kill jocks, they could have shown up [early] and walked into the weightroom.'

I'd ask, "Why didn't you plant the bombs, or any bombs, in the weightroom?"
Back to top Go down
runreilly

runreilly

Contribution Points : 65754

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 1:50 am

I'd ask Adam Lanza what it feels like to be Adam Lanza. He was handicapped and I don't think he had complete control of his own agency at all times. He kinda touches on this in the phone call about Travis the Chimp. Seems like he was thinking a lot about nature vs. nurture. I think he was impaired and suffering badly. He couldn't even fake living a normal life.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: huh   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 9:22 pm

I'd ask them to what extent THEY--Eric and Dylan themselves--felt bullying was to blame for what they did. Of course, God knows if they'd tell me the truth.

Also, RIP Chris Cornell....the Soundgarden track "Like Suicide," now 23 years young, is going to be pretty damn eerie now.
Back to top Go down
dahlia_rose

dahlia_rose

Contribution Points : 69154

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 12:15 am

Sue Klebold mentioned in her book that 4/20 was predicated entirely on Dylan's desire to die. I would ask Eric and Dylan exactly WHAT made the idea of death so appealing? What made life objectively unbearable, if they could single it out to just one thing? At exactly what point in their lives did they lose all hope in the future and why?

This really interests me as nothing can seem to answer that question from an outsider's perspective. When you read about their lives the conclusion that they were short-sighted, narcissistic, privileged ingrates kind of jumps out at you but that might just be an easy out. Were Dylan and Eric simply victims of their pathology or was it something actually external (as opposed to warped perceptions or psychological disturbance) that convinced them that life was not worth living?
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 8:14 pm

I'd ask Eric if he'd like to collab on a Megawad with me or if he'd like me to teach him ACS/Decorate script
Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew

Contribution Points : 66603

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 8:14 am

One wouldn't be nearly enough but I guess a big one would be "what would you guys have done differently if given the opportunity to do it all over again?"

Contribution Points : 64762
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 5:29 am

id bring eric harris back to life and have a one on one conversation with him.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 67003
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
To whom and to what degree did you tip off that something was going to happen on 4/20?

this is a really good one. It's something I ponder all the time.

To Eric and Dylan: if they could have seen the future - that the bombs wouldn't go off, and that they only killed 13 people, would they still have gone through with it? Or would they have realized that it wasn't worth it.

I say "only 13" because we know they had planned on killing hundreds.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 am

EGSandrew wrote:
One wouldn't be nearly enough but I guess a big one would be "what would you guys have done differently if given the opportunity to do it all over again?"

I could ask you the same thing. Neutral

joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68325
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 1:52 pm

"Why didn't you bring more ammo?"
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:09 pm

EGSandrew wrote:

Didnt see this before. Eerie

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:57 pm

If I had to pick only one I’d ask them to tell me about the first conversation they had when it wasn’t a joke anymore, when they started planning.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104663
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm

I'd ask them why they never sent the basement tapes out to news outlets like they mentioned they were going to do Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could ask one question what would it be?   If you could ask one question what would it be? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could ask one question what would it be?
Page 1 of 1