Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YeahNoBigDeal

PostSubject: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Sat May 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Recently I have watched the two hour film Duck!. Personally I found it to be the best "Columbine" movie to date. It wasn't accurate nor did it need to be. It came out a few months after the shooting and has pretty mediocre acting throughout. Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I was just wondering: Has anyone else seen the movie? What did you think about it? And what do you know about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Sat May 13, 2017 9:21 pm

I own it and good friends with the director (who is also the lead actor). He makes a lot of crazy home made movies. The movie has a very Troma-esque feel to it. It is pretty funny if you want to let go of your humanity for 2 hours and enjoy some dark humor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lb80123

PostSubject: Re: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Sat May 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Compared to other movies made about Columbine I would say that "Duck!" Is one of the best too, especially compared to "I'm Not Ashamed" which was packed with bullshit. But, I think the best Columbine related film is yet to come......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheyAllFloatDownHere

PostSubject: Re: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 am

Great satire film, i like the way they portrayed Eric and Dylan together and the cheap scenes and script. reminds me of the game postal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aperfectchildofsatan

PostSubject: Re: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:52 am

I watched this on YouTube not that long ago and I dug it. It's extremely trashy and politically incorrect. I think it was shot on VHS so the movie has a dirty look to it and I like that. I believe the Director dated Misty Mundae at one point, so that's pretty cool for him I suppose.

make me suffer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aperfectchildofsatan

PostSubject: Re: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:57 am

Good practical gore effects as well.

make me suffer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aperfectchildofsatan

PostSubject: Re: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:01 am

make me suffer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 am

I've seen the movie a couple of times now. Not my thing at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kaynvink

PostSubject: Re: Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre   Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:05 pm

I watched it now a few times as well. It's more comedic made I think especially the whole shooting part and because it was more of a low budget movie the whole humor of the movie saved it. It also critisised a few things as you can see shortly before the shooting when the character that is based on Dylan (sadly I don't know his name right now ) goes to his mother and says something "I want you to know that im going to kill myself in school today" and the mother which just woke up and was still drunk just said ok. obviously they criticize bad parenting at this point because as the same character leaves the house later and wents by his dad you can clearly see that he did not had a very great father son relationship with his dad.
Dylan and Eric had "good " child parent relationships with their parents but they never spoke to them about any of there problems so I think the concept was not very fitting completely to Eric and Dylan but may to some other shooters.
You also get to se every many "warning signs " they put up before the shooting and how they get ignored as well as the bullying they hade to face so all in all also keeping in mind it where 2 students who made this movie in 1999 instead of by some some proffesional film director in a film studio in 2017 it isn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Duck! The Carbine High School Massacre
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1