Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daniel Rohrbough

Go down 
+3
Littlelo
spidEr
Love
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67441
Forum Reputation : 38

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 7:08 am

Daniel Lee Rohrbough (March 2, 1984 - April 20, 1999). Dan was heading out of the cafeteria that morning with friends Lance Kirklin and Sean Graves when the shooters opened fire down the grassy knoll outside the school's west entrance. He bled to death on the sidewalk outside the school where he lay for nearly 2 days before paramedics were allowed to move him. The Rohrboughs were kept in the dark about what had happened to their son; law enforcement told them they didn't know for certain that the body on the sidewalk was Dan Rohrbough and wouldn't let the family in to check for themselves. It wasn't till the morning after the shootings that the Rohrboughs found out for certain what they already knew in their hearts: Danny was indeed the dead boy outside and they learned this news because it was splashed all over the morning news and not because the family was told directly by officials.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69376
Forum Reputation : 145

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 9:40 pm

that photo of him sitting on stairs is creepy, that is where he would die, in the same shirt.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:16 am

I had seen the photos of Danny sitting on the stairs but never knew the context behind it. It was actually taken from a video that his family didn't see until after the shooting. Here is a little more information if anyone is interested:

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97793
Forum Reputation : 154

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:04 am

Quite surprising that none of the family had any recordings of Danny’s voice - Christmas, school productions etc. I know it was 99 but there always used to be cameras knocking about at those sorts of things when I was a lad.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:15 am

Part of me thinks it was just part of the narrative of the story to make it a little more catching. They had a lot of photos of him, so how could there have been no videos?

I think the point was they would never hear his voice again after 4/20/99, but the new footage they were given was special because they hadn't seen it before.
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67488
Forum Reputation : 35

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:01 am

Does anyone know who the woman was?
Back to top Go down

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:52 pm

spidEr wrote:
that photo of him sitting on stairs is creepy, that is where he would die, in the same shirt.

I think it is more sad then creepy. Sad
Back to top Go down

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I had seen the photos of Danny sitting on the stairs but never knew the context behind it. It was actually taken from a video that his family didn't see until after the shooting. Here is a little more information if anyone is interested:

As a Mom myself, I can't even imagine what that would feel like. The thought of never hearing "Mom" come from of my children's mouths is heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
novaprospekt

novaprospekt

Contribution Points : 59955
Forum Reputation : 0

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:43 am

spidEr wrote:

That is so freaking eerie yet very interesting.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 102844
Forum Reputation : 235

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Szabo wrote:
Does anyone know who the woman was?

I believe this was a video shot by Rachel Scott, so I imagine the woman was her sister. Dana or Bethanee.

Daniel Rohrbough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Rohrbough   Daniel Rohrbough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daniel Rohrbough
Page 1 of 1