Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smiggles94

PostSubject: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:23 am

Badly want too see it will it be released ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wirely

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:49 pm

I have not seen the spreadsheet and to my knowledge neither has anyone in the public. The spreadsheet was one of the many things that the police has withheld from the public, including some photos of Adam holding guns ect. I sadly doubt that we will see the files be released ever unless someone hacks into the police database that has these files.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:41 am

Don't see why they would hide these photos from us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Adam gave out a public download link at least once and probably twice. The first time was on the old forum, though the complete thread was not archived, and the other was on Wikipedia, though the download link is now dead. This means that someone outside of law enforcement could definitely have a copy. The best chance of ever seeing it would be someone from the old forum since I agree that the police will not release this document. I hope it will surface one day but I have never even heard someone mention that they remember looking at it, much less having downloaded it. The Wikipedia post was kind of buried but the forum post would have been a lot more visible. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who may remember seeing it even if they don't have a copy saved.

I have always wondered exactly what information was contained in the spreadsheet. Adam knew details that went down to the average age of victims, if I remember correctly. They said that this was unprecedented and the research was meticulous. The narrative has been that it was created because Adam hoped to top the list one day and maybe that's accurate but I wonder if he was attempting to use the data to gain insight into the phenomenon of mass shootings or the lives of shooters, given that he discussed mass shootings as being caused by societal issues. Maybe it was just an obsessive habit and there was no further analysis but it sounds like there was too much research involved for this to have been just a way to keep track of 'scores.' He also noted some shooting trends in his final post on the forum so I do think that there is a good chance that it was more than a morbid tally sheet.

FIBAgent

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Imagine if Adam Lanza wasn't obsessed with the macabre and focused his mind on helping to cure cancer or reduce genetic defections. Imagine what that kid could've done if his mind was in the right place.

Nevertheless, the police will rarely hand the truth to the public. You could try to file a FOIA to the FBI and CT Police for some details, but half of what you get back will likely be covered in black strips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?   Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Imagine if Adam Lanza wasn't obsessed with the macabre and focused his mind on helping to cure cancer or reduce genetic defections. Imagine what that kid could've done if his mind was in the right place.
If that were the case, he would have been an isolated, barely functioning loner with a 5'8 spreadsheet on various cancer types. Lanza's serious mental health issues basically ruled out the possibility of anything resembling a normal life. In order for that to have happened, he would have needed serious treatment, treatment that both he and his mother would probably have been unwilling to engage in.

Anybody seen Adams spreadsheet ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1