Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Forum member who committed murder/suicide.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 pm

sitnwatchitburn wrote:

The quality of everything he uploaded is insane.

That is one thing that I have learned from what I have seen thus far. He wanted everything to be meticulously perfect and seemed quite pissed when certain aspects of his videos were not shaping up to what he had envisioned. The sheer volume of material he left behind is just mind boggling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FIBAgent

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:03 pm

He should've downscaled his images and videos not to be so huge in filesize.

It's going to take hundreds of man hours to go through all of the content he left behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
human_abstract

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:26 pm

I've watched a few of this guy's videos from his Suicide Tapes collection, but there's no way I can continue watching because everything is 1+ hour and very long winded. As some others mentioned, this is almost a good case for the release of the Basement Tapes, because any mystery this guy might have had is wiped out with his meticulous videos. You really get to see his personality traits clearly and it's apparent he was suffering a mental illness on multiple levels. The more videos one watches of this guy, the less interesting he becomes. I have a strong feeling that were Eric and Dylan self-documented to this extent, they would have a minuscule following because the ridiculousness of their plight would be shown.

As an example of this, there's a video among the collection where he's driving in a car. Pretty soon after it starts, he begins profusely complaining about potholes in the street, yelling and raging so hard you think they're the reason he's going to kill himself. This shifts onto other topics with a similar amount of hatred over pretty trivial things for the next hour. This whole scene sounds familiar to the leaked audio of the basement tapes, and Randy/Andrew sounds like a huge whiner with preschool level anger management.

It is quite interesting that he developed a Nickolodeon-themed cartoon goddess he dedicated himself to... but apart from that, everything else is quite cringy. Reaction videos to his own 25+ minute videos, commentated videos, and all of these with views hardly above the double digits (at least for now). It was clear he was really stuck inside his own mind and most likely narcissistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 pm

All the anger and obnoxious screaming about everything reminds me of McJuggerNuggets and I cannot stand that guy. For the longest time YouTube would notify me every time he uploaded a video and I have no idea why because I can't stand him and I was never subscribed to him.

harrys

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 am

human_abstract wrote:
I've watched a few of this guy's videos from his Suicide Tapes collection, but there's no way I can continue watching because everything is 1+ hour and very long winded. As some others mentioned, this is almost a good case for the release of the Basement Tapes, because any mystery this guy might have had is wiped out with his meticulous videos. You really get to see his personality traits clearly and it's apparent he was suffering a mental illness on multiple levels. The more videos one watches of this guy, the less interesting he becomes. I have a strong feeling that were Eric and Dylan self-documented to this extent, they would have a minuscule following because the ridiculousness of their plight would be shown.

As an example of this, there's a video among the collection where he's driving in a car. Pretty soon after it starts, he begins profusely complaining about potholes in the street, yelling and raging so hard you think they're the reason he's going to kill himself. This shifts onto other topics with a similar amount of hatred over pretty trivial things for the next hour.

It sounds like many here aren't that respectful towards him anyway so I hope no one thinks it's inappropriate for discussion, but what mental illnesses do you think he suffered from? I know it's kinda awful behavior judging someone and sticking labels on them but that's probably what the criminal psychologists will do soon anyway. I heard he might've had autism and schizophrenia somwhere. From how you describe his suicide tapes it sounds like he was expecting people to scour through his youtube videos and think every little rant he had was something prophetic. That or he just had anger issues and lacked the self-awareness not to upload it or just did not care.

reading a few of his posts they didn't read crazy or even autistic, but then I wouldn't know any tell-tale signs. One post that caught my attention - "I'm glad I wasn't sucked into Columbine when I was in high school. I have no idea what would be going through my head." Nothing really to say about it just interesting.

He only joined this forum 6 months ago. Are his suicide tapes all since then? Wouldn't be surprised if it all rapidly progressed from as soon he started idolizing mass shooters (assuming he did).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:47 am

harrys wrote:
From how you describe his suicide tapes it sounds like he was expecting people to scour through his youtube videos and think every little rant he had was something prophetic.
He was probably expecting that because it's extremely common for people to "scour" things left behind by famous killers. This forum alone is proof enough of that.

I plan to live in a big, black hole. My firearms will be the only things to fight my isolation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 am

So he's got a name now. The Danny Fantom killer.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:56 am

In the first segment of Stairs suicide tapes that Jenn has uploaded on Youtube, he had a set date of May 7, 2019. I wonder why he jumped the gun? As I can only wade thru so much of his ramblings at a time, has anyone gotten farther in and discovered why he didn't stick with his original date?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abstractsmigs

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:33 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
In the first segment of Stairs suicide tapes that Jenn has uploaded on Youtube, he had a set date of May 7, 2019. I wonder why he jumped the gun? As I can only wade thru so much of his ramblings at a time, has anyone gotten farther in and discovered why he didn't stick with his original date?

He mentioned several dates, in his journals there is mention of dates in June and September as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
human_abstract

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:20 am

harrys wrote:
human_abstract wrote:

As an example of this, there's a video among the collection where he's driving in a car. Pretty soon after it starts, he begins profusely complaining about potholes in the street, yelling and raging so hard you think they're the reason he's going to kill himself. This shifts onto other topics with a similar amount of hatred over pretty trivial things for the next hour.

It sounds like many here aren't that respectful towards him anyway so I hope no one thinks it's inappropriate for discussion, but what mental illnesses do you think he suffered from? I know it's kinda awful behavior judging someone and sticking labels on them but that's probably what the criminal psychologists will do soon anyway. I heard he might've had autism and schizophrenia somwhere. From how you describe his suicide tapes it sounds like he was expecting people to scour through his youtube videos and think every little rant he had was something prophetic. That or he just had anger issues and lacked the self-awareness not to upload it or just did not care.

reading a few of his posts they didn't read crazy or even autistic, but then I wouldn't know any tell-tale signs. One post that caught my attention - "I'm glad I wasn't sucked into Columbine when I was in high school. I have no idea what would be going through my head." Nothing really to say about it just interesting.

He only joined this forum 6 months ago. Are his suicide tapes all since then? Wouldn't be surprised if it all rapidly progressed from as soon he started idolizing mass shooters (assuming he did).

(completely amateur, post-mortem diagnosis incoming)

That's a good question, there's certainly something involving gender identity in there, as he believed he was a woman in a man's body, but not attracted to men. He mentioned in one of the recordings that he hates gay people and was relieved when he realized he wasn't gay. Also his creation of his 'goddess' plays into this. Whether he's attracted to her or just views her as his personal deity is unclear. Of course, this could all be symptoms of a larger illness.

I agree that he doesn't seem to exhibit autistic traits, although he could have some degree of Asperger's but I don't think that by itself factors into it too much. He desperately wanted friendship but didn't do anything about it. The first of his recordings he admits this, but later on shifts the blame to others. In his early uploaded videos where he was a young teenager, he's seen with a number of other friends interacting normally. Overall, he does seem to understand social norms well enough but perhaps fell off the grid after high school / college when everybody moved away or got involved in other things. He's from a town with a population of 2,000 so it would be easy enough to lose social ties during this time. A persecution complex developed alongside this, blaming others for his own inaction in a way similar to Eric and Dylan. I feel like he had some similar issues to Dylan, who references the 'halcyon' in a way Randy references his cartoon goddess. So perhaps going into schizotypal territory there? I don't feel like he had schizophrenia though.

Without getting too lengthy, I think he started off with a relatively minor set of issues that snowballed once he lost his social ties. He chose to work the night shift at work which made it worse, since in his leisure time he was in his house alone all day. This gave him the chance to explore and expand these issues without intervention. He got more and more 'stuck in his own mind' so to speak. His lack of YouTube fame frustrated him further, as it was his only source of interacting with others at the point. His videos mostly had between 0-200 views which is basically nothing. He had a fair amount of potential with it but his content was just not humorous / too long and boring / specific to him instead of a wider audience. In his recording to his parents, he mentioned the myriad warning signs and times when they could have intervened, so he wanted help but was unable to express it properly.

Edit: I should note that this is what I've gathered in an attempt to see through the various 'deep meanings' he attempted to convey. He wants his viewers to go deep into the rabbit hole on this one, but with his insane amount of material I'm not going to go through and watch / listen to everything he made. Plus, he was pretty annoying about the whole thing and I don't want to give him any satisfaction from the grave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Based on what I have seen so far, this reminds me of Randy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_prone_personality

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Has anyone watched this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9EbBprs39I

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:59 pm

@Jenn what's your youtube channel?

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AestheticDeath

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:14 pm

human_abstract wrote:
As an example of this, there's a video among the collection where he's driving in a car. Pretty soon after it starts, he begins profusely complaining about potholes in the street, yelling and raging so hard you think they're the reason he's going to kill himself. This shifts onto other topics with a similar amount of hatred over pretty trivial things for the next hour. This whole scene sounds familiar to the leaked audio of the basement tapes, and Randy/Andrew sounds like a huge whiner with preschool level anger management.

Haha, now, I'm not trying to defend him but I'm from his area and I've also been all around the US.  The potholes in his area are on a whole other level than anywhere else.  

When I first got a car I ruined two tires in like a 2-3 mile stretch of the main street in one of the main cities. There's parking both sides and oncoming traffic so there is nowhere to swerve. You have to hit the potholes. I raged pretty hard and ended up getting some guys at a closed gas station to sell me any kind of tire that wasn't completely busted (I only had 1 spare). They were like "uh,we're closed" but I just kept going on about the roads and eventually scored something from out back.

Its going back a ways, maybe a decade or more but at one point the interstate highways here were ranked 3rd last in the nation. Some of the local roads are so bad they'd be better off not paved - at least the entire tire wouldn't drop down into a hole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:38 pm

[quote="AestheticDeath"]
human_abstract wrote:

I hail from an area that borders two states. Virginia and Tennessee. The road I live on switches back and forth between the states two times in just a four mile stretch. It's what we call a "No mans land" meaning neither state really maintains the roads. Our potholes are legendary.  I have raged and ranted over them several times myself.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philosopher_king

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:48 pm

For someone who appeared sensitively affected by the death of people, I kept thinking how could he lead himself to justifying murdering those innocent people he was working with. In his own rational way, he choose a coin flip to decide if he died in his room or at work. I wished he left innocent people out of his plans.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
macks_ant86

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Looks like his archive has finally been taken down, glad I saved some of it. I wonder what took them so long? I guess the powers-that-be were busy saving content themselves. I wonder if the sheer amount of content was deliberate on his part? I only really interested in the psychology of it all, I don't wish to give him any fame (what he wanted). I didn't get to watch his final video as it was hosted on youtube and it seems to have been taken down. 

@Jenn would it be possible to merge the other thread about this with this one or vice-versa?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrenchObserver

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:32 am

What a sad news.
But not really surprising.
Another kid searching for attention, probably rejected, not strong enough.

I think is one of the major issue about Columbine.
By hiding during so long clues and proofs, JeffCo has literaly make of this case a myth for many people.

By not knowing, people imagine and idealize what was the reality of E&D motivations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:16 am

philosopher_king wrote:
For someone who appeared sensitively affected by the death of people, I kept thinking how could he lead himself to justifying murdering those innocent people he was working with. In his own rational way, he choose a coin flip to decide if he died in his room or at work. I wished he left innocent people out of his plans.

I don't believe there was ever a possibility he was going to kill himself in his room. If he'd have done that, nobody would have watched all that shite he's recorded. The only way for people to really take note was to kill a bunch of people first. For a start, we wouldn't all be talking about him now. I doubt I'd even have noticed if he stopped posting on here. I know he had quite a few people follow his channel, but not very many could have watched much of his stuff else something might have been done before this happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:26 am

FrenchObserver wrote:
What a sad news.
But not really surprising.
Another kid searching for attention, probably rejected, not strong enough.

I think is one of the major issue about Columbine.
By hiding during so long clues and proofs, JeffCo has literaly make of this case a myth for many people.

By not knowing, people imagine and idealize what was the reality of E&D motivations.

I agree 100% with you! Jeffco's actions regarding the shooting its self then the following investigation is what caught my attention. Considering they "misplaced" paper work filed by the Brown's that may have stopped E&D in their tracks, then blatantly lied about it to cover their own ass. Apparently missed the video evidence of Eric and Dylan actually planting the Cafeteria bombs, that was then found many years later by arm chair detectives. It really makes you think what else they missed, or merely just covered up. I think its safe to say everyone involved with the case dropped the ball then kicked that bitch all over the place.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miko

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:07 pm

this is a fucking mess, and to think of there could be more people right here planning of doing the same. here's a video of him I found on liveleak https://www . liveleak . com/view?i=126_1497315955
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:04 pm

philosopher_king wrote:

my thoughts as well, frustrating when they take down innocent people.

Is this the most the most "Columbine" inspired suicide/murder? The actual killings weren't school related, but the prep seems to showcase more Columbine mirroring than anything I can remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
philosopher_king wrote:

my thoughts as well, frustrating when they take down innocent people.  

Is this the most the most "Columbine" inspired suicide/murder?  The actual killings weren't school related, but the prep seems to showcase more Columbine mirroring than anything I can remember.
Yea, I think so and the only reason I think it wasn't at a school is because the shooter was in his mid 20s. He had already finished high school and college.

For anyone looking for the suicide tapes on my channel, I took them down. I'm not willing to risk losing my channel over them. I will try to re-upload them to another channel though. It's gonna take a few days though.

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:43 am

Jenn wrote:
Yea, I think so and the only reason I think it wasn't at a school is because the shooter was in his mid 20s. He had already finished high school and college.

For anyone looking for the suicide tapes on my channel, I took them down. I'm not willing to risk losing my channel over them. I will try to re-upload them to another channel though. It's gonna take a few days though.

I'm not sure if this is the case as he said he was concerned with a shooting in the day someone either conceal or open carrying in his supermarket (Pennsylvania is a can issue state for CC licenses and also requires no license for open carry) . I'd also assume with he was concerned with potential school security staff or being disarmed in some way.

A single shooter is a lot easier to disable than multiple shooters making navigating corners without care a potential threat to the shooter. This is especially true with the pure concentration of people within a school and some areas of the building and someone with poor training in close quarters combat. Of course this is all highly hypothetical as there is a lot of different outcomes when you consider people reacting under a stressful situation, especially high school students.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Introvert

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:51 pm

I remember him mentioning in a video he had inspiration to make a school shooting at some point. Did he name any specific reasons why he end up doing it at his workplace?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Introvert wrote:
I remember him mentioning in a video he had inspiration to make a school shooting at some point. Did he name any specific reasons why he end up doing it at his workplace?

I'm not too sure as I've yet to fully investigate this however the reason it was done at night was because he knew only his co-workers would be there and the risk to him being apprehended or prematurely ending his spree was very low. I'd speculate that there's another reason why he picked his workplace instead of other potential "soft targets" so to speak. I do recall him saying he'd only be able to kill 3 people as an estimate though I'd chalk this up to the predicted low population of the store at the time. What I understand is he was trying to emulate at least part of the Columbine shooters though it doesn't appear he was going for a "high-score" at least on first glance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FIBAgent

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 am

good video, check it out.

[quote="Jenn"]
Fatheroftwo wrote:

Per email account, you can make 10 channels. One channel getting terminated wont take down your entire channels iirc.

If you validate an account with email I think you can make like 100 channels.

My suggestion: make another gmail account, use a phone to validate it, and make an alt army.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:41 am

Very sad to hear Randy Stair was a poster here. My life has taken a major turn for the better over the past 6+ months and for the most part I've been away from researching mass shootings and Columbine. This case drew me back in though and a little research showed he was a part of this community.

I've always respected this board because of its maturity towards the subject of mass killings. All across the web there are people who glorify Eric, Dylan, and every other modern school shooter. This place on the other hand is filled with posters who (for the most part) take a sympathetic-yet-logical view of these situations. I've never seen a poster here that screamed "POTENTIAL THREAT", and that's what makes this place so important.

If anyone is having those kinds of feelings please seek help. If you really know you're shit on the subject then you know Eric and Dylan wasted their lives for nothing. They had friends and loved ones and bright futures in front of them.

I'm sorry to anyone this may have effected and I hope it doesn't bring unnecessary bullshit down on this place. It serves an important purpose and people like Stair are rare among the posters here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
awsomehq

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:46 pm

I find it annoying and sad that some of the most dangerous mental conditions and mental states are so hidden. Like Paranoid Schizo, Depression etc.

If only it were that people were educated on Mental Health issues the same way we treat and educate Physical Health and First Aid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgelord

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Been going through some of the material he left behind. I seriously can't believe he hated his father for being mad at him for quitting his job, he was given so much, gave him his own autism cave where he could fap to his waifus, had a comfy night shift...just shows if you're mentally ill your quality of life doesn't even matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Forum member who committed murder/suicide.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next