Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

I'm Scared.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hate99

PostSubject: I'm Scared.   Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:48 am

I never realized how much shit I was getting myself into when I researched mass shootings, but when you're a kid, no matter how mature you are, people are going to react badly. I wish I could delete my entire digital footprint, and start over. If my parents looked at the stuff I posted or researched, they'd take it the wrong way. I didn't ask for this interest. It just was there, but everyone will think I'm crazy.

Sokushinbutsu

PostSubject: Re: I'm Scared.   Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Plenty of sane people are interested in these kinds of extreme or morbid topics. You just have to decide for yourself where this interest springs from so that if it is ever brought up by your parents you can have some answers for them.

Think about it honestly, too. Why did you start researching mass shootings? Why was an initial cursory read not satisfying to you? What do you think about when you read about these events, or the people involved?

I often refer to this kind of thing as a rabbit hole. You have a responsibility to yourself and those around you to assess where your interest springs from and to continually monitor your own mental state along the way. If you don't maintain perspective, you can become hopelessly lost.

View user profile
STK

PostSubject: Re: I'm Scared.   Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:53 am

There's nothing wrong with an interest in the subject, long as you don't have a desire to hurt anyone.
You know, I talk so much about murder, my friends call me "Murderpedia"! Both of them!

edgelord

PostSubject: Re: I'm Scared.   Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:36 am

I hide my power level pretty well lmao. It's not unhealthy until it becomes like an autistic obsession, I've been able to keep my Columbine and crime related interests at guilty pleasure level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hate99

PostSubject: Re: I'm Scared.   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Well, what people might find more disturbing is my prevailing interest in Sandy Hook.

edgelord

PostSubject: Re: I'm Scared.   Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:08 am

I get it you got caught up in the Manza but it's not too late. Just don't play dance dance revolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: I'm Scared.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:19 pm

I used too obbsess over serial killers my favourate being
Jeffrey dahmer
Richard ramirez
Peter sutcliffe
Then I stumbled Upon mass shooters
Columbine
Sandy hook
V tech
People think I'm strange but I really don't care what people think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Scared.   Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:46 am

I mean unless you are posting online about wanting to emulate these crimes which I believe you said before you are not...then what is wrong with the interest? The true crime community is huge and there are a lot of great things to be learned by researching. There is nothing wrong with being interested in crime.

View user profile
REBdoomer1999

PostSubject: Re: I'm Scared.   Yesterday at 3:14 am

If you're really worried, why not just lock your computer when it's not in use, or even whenever you leave the room? It really isn't anything to worry about anyway. Unless you've ever said anything incriminating or threatening, but I'm going to assume you haven't. Someone's interest in true crime shouldn't automatically mean that they plan on becoming criminals themselves. Does an interest in military history automatically mean someone desires to be a soldier?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I'm Scared.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1