Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The small questions thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Does anybody know for sure who murdered Dave Sanders? Some people say it was only Eric and then others say it was only Dylan?

Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:49 pm

It was Eric. He was shot with a rifle, I believe.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:58 pm

I should probably know the answer to this question but does anybody know exactly when Eric started Zoloft? And people have also said that Eric mentioned that he would either stop taking his medication to fuel or his anger or go on and off the medication for greater enlightment. Does anybody know where that was mentioned. I cant find it anywhere in his journals and it's been bugging me!!

Last edited by CatherineM813 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:37 am

In his journal he says "my doctor wants to put me on medication to stop thinking about so many things and to stop getting angry." That was on the 21st of April '98. I assume around then.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:28 pm

I wonder if the potatoes that Dylan ate on April 20th came from KFC?
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I think it was rumored they came from Outback Steakhouse, Dylan's parents said he told them he went there the night before. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is possible he could have eaten something else in the moring before 4/20. I would bet good money on saying Dyland would have liked KFC though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 am

@queenfarooq wrote:
@K.F.C. wrote:

I think it was rumored they came from Outback Steakhouse, Dylan's parents said he told them he went there the night before. http://zanazl.tripod.com/Columbine/Suspects/DylanKlebold/Interview.html
It is possible he could have eaten something else in the moring before 4/20. I would bet good money on saying Dyland would have liked KFC though Very Happy

I am sure Dylan and Eric too ate at KFC many times, as there are several KFC locations in the Denver, Colorado area. Isn't it true that Robyn Anderson rushed her friends out of Columbine on April 20th to take them to lunch at KFC? Do you know if Robyn ate potato wedges or mashed potatos and did she get dark meat or white meat chicken? She probably didn't get a buscuit, as a lot of girls I know won't order a buscuit or will give their biscuit away because they think the bread will make them gain more weight.
Back to top Go down
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:47 am

Robyn and her friends went to Dairy Queen for lunch so I doubt they also went to KFC.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:20 am

@CatherineM813 wrote:
Robyn and her friends went to Dairy Queen for lunch so I doubt they also went to KFC.

What did Robyn have to eat? Did she have fried chicken or they don't serve fried chicken at Dairy Queen? I thought Dairy Queen was mainly ice cream, milkshakes and blizzards?
Back to top Go down
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:12 am

I'm not sure. I dont renember her going into detail about it.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:14 am

I just finished watching Columbine: understanding why and thought it was a really good documentary. Most people on Netflix completely disagreed though. For those who have seen it what is your opinion of the documentary? They actually thought the book Columbine was a very reliable and trustworthy source. Rolling Eyes

Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:28 am

I just finished watching Columbine: understanding why and thought it was a really good documentary. Most people on Netflix completely disagreed though. For those who have seen it what is your opinion of the documentary? They actually thought the book Columbine was a very reliable and trustworthy source. Rolling Eyes

Is it on Netflix and can I view it online? I have Netflix, but only use the online version. I don't have it set up to rent DVD's. That takes too long.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 am

Yes, you can watch it on the online version. Tell me what you think. I thought it was really good and was surprised about all the negative comments.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:53 pm

I don't know how small of a question it is but were they actually bullied?

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:32 pm

I believe they were. Eric moreso than Dylan. Here's a video with Tiffany Typher and one of her friends that describes some of the bullying and how people would treat them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Interview with Chris Morris that also describes how they were treated at 3:42.
These two interviews and videos made me even more sad than I already am today.

One person on Eric's hitlist said that he constantly teased Eric in gym class because Eric had a big head on a small body and wasn't very good in gym. He also said a lot of other people teased him too. Bullying is discussed in Brooks's book and their journals. Then there's that whole thing with the ketchup soaked tampon incident which was confirmed by Sue because she had noticed ketchup stains all over Dylan's shirt.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 am

I believe they were. Eric moreso than Dylan. Here's a video with Tiffany Typher and one of her friends that describes some of the bullying and how people would treat them.
Interview with Chris Morris that also describes how they were treated at 3:42.
These two interviews and videos made me even more sad than I already am today.

One person on Eric's hitlist said that he constantly teased Eric in gym class because Eric had a big head on a small body and wasn't very good in gym. He also said a lot of other people teased him too. Bullying is discussed in Brooks's book and their journals. Then there's that whole thing with the ketchup soaked tampon incident which was confirmed by Sue because she had noticed ketchup stains all over Dylan's shirt.

Thank you!

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:08 am

Is it just me or does anybody think that Eric looked a lot like Wayne?

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:33 am

In the meeting between the Harris' and the Mauser's, the Harris' say they've accepted that their son is a psychopath and basically that there's nothing they could have done. I think that's a shitty thing to accept. Surely they cuddled their son when he was growing up? Do they believe that was all lies from Eric too?
Back to top Go down
samanthab20

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Not to mention that it's pretty much impossible to diagnose someone as a psychopath POSTMORTEM. Gah!

The only person who may have had any inkling if Harris was a psychopath would have been his therapist he was seeing at the time. Even then, Harris could have easily possessed "psychopathic tendencies/traits" without being a full-blown psychopath. Regardless, we may never know - and that would open up a whole other can of worms - as far as liability and a moral/ethical responsibility of the therapist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 pm

@samanthab20 wrote:
Not to mention that it's pretty much impossible to diagnose someone as a psychopath POSTMORTEM. Gah!

The only person who may have had any inkling if Harris was a psychopath would have been his therapist he was seeing at the time. Even then, Harris could have easily possessed "psychopathic tendencies/traits" without being a full-blown psychopath. Regardless, we may never know - and that would open up a whole other can of worms - as far as liability and a moral/ethical responsibility of the therapist.

Eric had waaay too much love and sympathy for animals to be a classic psychopath! I sure would like to see Albert's testimony regarding his sessions with Eric..
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:58 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

Eric had waaay too much love and sympathy for animals to be a classic psychopath! I sure would like to see Albert's testimony regarding his sessions with Eric..

Any idea if Mr and Mrs Harris got a look at those? I know that they wanted to at some stage or another.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

<----- THIS. He was also aware of the feelings of his family and tried to minimize the pain he would cause them in his own (twisted) way. Seems the boy was all full of repressed FEELS. ;) Why else did he have to try so hard to prove his "hatred" for the world and all the people in it? Seems like he was an emotionally immature adolescent full of "big thoughts and ideations", yet jeez...was the guy an entitled little asshat sometimes. And I mean that with affection. Razz

Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:55 pm

This is the criteria Cullen uses to paint Eric as a psychopath, and why Cullen is truly brainless...

1) Eric lied.
They guy was planning mass murder, of course he lied.

2) Eric feigned remorse in his apology letter to the van owner.
No teenager forced to apologize is going to be genuinely sorry.

3) Eric showed no conscience towards others.
The football played who shoved Dylan in that video also showed no conscience. Maybe he's a psychopath too.

4) Eric wasn't angry, he had a deep contempt for others.
People usually have contempt for those they hate.

5) Eric had a mega superiority delusion.
The evangelical Christians in his area had this too. Maybe they're also psychopaths?

I want to kick Cullen in the teeth every time he opens his mouth.
Back to top Go down
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 pm

This is the criteria Cullen uses to paint Eric as a psychopath, and why Cullen is truly brainless...

1) Eric lied.

The football played who shoved Dylan in that video also showed no conscience. Maybe he's a psychopath too.

The evangelical Christians in his area had this too. Maybe they're also psychopaths?

I agree with a lot of your points and love the last line. Laughing But if you are referring to Eric in the one year before video that wasn't Dylan. It was Eric Veik instead.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:46 am

OK. Thanks for the correction about the video. My point is that most, probably all, the teenagers at Columbine acted without conscience towards each other. They would lie about their behavior too, if a teacher confronted them. Lack of empathy and lying are normal in high school. If Eric is a psychopath for his lack of empathy, then the entire Columbine football team are psychopaths too.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 am

1) Eric lied.

Is it bad that I find this whole post funny? In a good way though, as I agree.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:53 am

1) Eric lied.

Is it bad that I find this whole post funny? In a good way though, as I agree.

No don't feel bad. I found it really funny too.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 am

@CatherineM813 wrote:
@RaiseTheFist wrote:

1) Eric lied.

I agree with a lot of your points and love the last line. Laughing But if you are referring to Eric in the one year before video that wasn't Dylan. It was Eric Veik instead.

Which reminds me.. I wish we could get Eric Veik on this forum to pick his brains! afro OH, the stuff that guy knows.
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:36 am

One of my favorite quotes from Cullen: "Researchers often compare psychopaths to robots or rogue computers, like HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey-- programmed only to satisfy their own objectives. "

In Cullen's scientific opinion Eric is an Evil Computer because he was a selfish teenager.

Another Cullen quote: "His brain was never scanned, but it probably would have shown activity unrecognizable as human to most neurologists."

In Cullen's scientific opinion Eric was correct that he was fundamentally different than other humans.

Another Cullen quote: "He's not just conning you with a scheme, he's conning you
with his life. His entire personality is a fabrication, with the purpose of deceiving suckers like you."

In Cullen's scientific opinion Eric rants about mass murder on the web because he's conning people into believing that he's a good kid.

Another Cullen quote: "Even an earthworm will recoil if you poke it with a stick... Psychopaths make it that far up the emotional ladder, but they fall far short of the average golden retriever"

If Eric's community viewed him the same way that Cullen does, no wonder he drove bullets into their backs.

Back to top Go down
Wideawake

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:27 am

Quote :
If Eric's community viewed him the same way that Cullen does, no wonder he drove bullets into their backs.

Interesting point, really. Of course, we have to look at accounts from after the massacre, but few people, including most of Eric's "friends", say nice things. Sure, there were some people who stepped up with positive comments but not nearly the number that spoke for Dylan. Eric is described as mean, weird, angry, scary, etc.

From the small glimpses of his life we get on video, he doesn't really seem that way to me. Sad, lacking in self confidence, but smiled pretty often and cracked jokes that I would have laughed at. So did he really act in a way to earn such scorn? Or was this all based on his actions of 4/20? Or was he ostracized for some other reason?

(Forgive me if this is completely incoherent, I'm on Hour 8 of a 12-hour night shift. Made perfect sense to my sleepy, over caffeinated brain but maybe not to normal people.) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next