Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
+104
Screamingophelia
Littlelo
starrwilliams
ColumbineIsInterestingAF
droolgag
REBdoomer1999
gumshoe
James411
nicolonoscopy
TheSpiral
dontknow43
sexysin
Pennydreadful
KatieJean1988
ehunterjumper
W.A.R.
myshame
Rose The Hat
Holloka
EGSandrew
Scarletmoon
YouDontSeeMe
Lucy
Selah
suburbanmessiah
spidEr
Acid84
vin_diesel
jada887
Grayscale
spinvault
jp2892
Kiwik
lilith
Kida
aquillina
sororityalpha
bubbles
Freezingmoon
shades
cypressdustwitch
Vii
sscc
Lizpuff
PaintItBlack
ThoughtBox
cyn1231
astrospace92
Jayhawk80
Belladonna
slippy123
Gctiger
human_abstract
Jbow89
TaylorsMom
Gamling
C#major
04daviszoe
Archvile
alt reality
radaddio
Gonz
afrrs
exceptionella
LPorter101
Fatheroftwo
John Denver
Gustopoet2
Dico
Falco
eli27
meenwhile
browneyes11
ellie z
Sabratha
lol
WhereHateRunsRed
paradisedreams
JDM87
Mj2beat
lasttrain
jettfyre80
carrie12
TheFragile
Juicy Jazzy
Draw_It_White
Mr_Chagrin
Z_Splatter
tfsa47090
Marco1211
maninthebox
em81
JayJay
deelightful
RaiseTheFist
MarmaladeSkies
Wideawake
queenfarooq
BurnIt
Lifetime
Jenn
areyoulistening
tragedy79
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

The small questions thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

There was a rumor going on that was supposedly debunked but while reading the 11k I noticed there was a page that said something to the extent of evidence taken out, no way to cover peoples names from yearbook" the rumor was in Eric's junior yearbook, the one Dylan wrote his "book" in he had wrote on peoples pictures "die" and "let live" doesn't that page prove that it might have been true?

Also anyone ever notice in Eric's planned 98-99, the page with the little calendar for the year on it. He crosses out the whole month of May?

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 7:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I remember reading an article that claimed something to that effect. Who knows if they really "labeled" the people or if they just crossed them out, drew on their faces, wrote insults over them, etc. Part of me does think that Eric would have written "die" or "kill" over at least a few people who he really disliked.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Did E&D really think their friends would be able to have any of their things after the massacre? They told Chris Morris and Nate Dykeman they could have their computers and other stuff in the final basement tape...how could they have thought those items wouldn't be confiscated by police?

Sue says one of Dylan's friends (Nate, I believe) took a pair of his sunglasses from his room to remember him by. I'm pretty sure reading that part of her book made me a little emotional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:31 pm

I think they may have actually thought it would happen in that particular moment. E&D were a wee bit naive in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:38 pm

I agree. They probably didn't think the cops would take things as evidence.

Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Which is strange, considering their original idea of sending TBT to news stations because they feared the police would either take them and never release them, or cut them up in some way. They were right about one thing.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Littlelo, yes Nate took a pair of his sunglasses, it made me tear up too.

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Has Sue Klebold ever talked about 9/11? I wonder what it was like to wake up knowing that it would have been Dylan's 20th birthday and that you would be mourning on your own and then to hear the news that thousands of people had died and know that the entire country was mourning. Did they have access to the content of Eric's rant about hijacking a plane and crashing it into New York City by September of 2001? I feel like it would have been supremely eerie to anyone who knew about that on the day that it happened.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 6:09 pm

sscc wrote:
Has Sue Klebold ever talked about 9/11? I wonder what it was like to wake up knowing that it would have been Dylan's 20th birthday and then hear the news that thousands of people had died. Did they have access to the content of Eric's rant about hijacking a plane and crashing it into New York City by September of 2001? I feel like it would have been supremely eerie to anyone who knew about that on the day that it happened.

I have actually wondered this before. It's so crazy to think about how she must have felt, on top of the emotions of remembering Dylan. At that point he had only been gone for a little over 2 years.

I'm not sure if she knew about their hijacking plan in 2001. October 1999 is when they saw a lot of evidence including the basement tapes. 2006 is when a majority of ther writings and such were made available to the public. It would be interesting to know.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Eric writing that and then 9/11 happening on Dylan's Birthday was Eerie.

I wonder if she could even process her emotions regarding the WTC while dealing with her own loss and stressors.

I think CHS made a statement around that time of sympathy... I don't remember the next shooting after Columbine so it could have been that.

If you were there that day on 4/20 and had a child later, would you want them to go to CHS?

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 10:27 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Eric writing that and then 9/11 happening on Dylan's Birthday was Eerie.

I wonder if she could even process her emotions regarding the WTC while dealing with her own loss and stressors.

I think CHS made a statement around that time of sympathy... I don't remember the next shooting after Columbine so it could have been that.

If you were there that day on 4/20 and had a child later, would you want them to go to CHS?

In regards to your question, I think logically it doesn't make sense to be worried to send your kid to CHS, since the killers are long gone. However, if you are worried about copycat attacks or bullying, that is a different story. I'm sure security there is crazy these days.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:25 am

I was thinking more along the lines of bullying. I bet it would depend on how you handled it throughout the years. If you were still having PTSD issues or anxiety you may not like the general idea of your child going to CHS because of your own memories.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 am

This is going to be a dumb question, I apologize.

I've seen the scans of the CHS yearbook pages. Are those just released drafts of the yearbook?

The students who have the 1999 yearbook, how much Eric and Dylan are actually IN the yearbook that they have? Is the one picture that is super blurry of Eric walking down the hall in it?

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:45 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Is the one picture that is super blurry of Eric walking down the hall in it?

I think that one was left out of the year book. BUT I would LOVE to see a clearer version of it.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:46 am

I would too! You're talking about the one with a description of what he is wearing next to the picture, right? I think he has sunglasses on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:47 am

Littlelo wrote:
I would too! You're talking about the one with a description of what he is wearing next to the picture, right? I think he has sunglasses on.

Yep, that's the one.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:50 am

Yes! Candid shots of Eric were taken for the yearbook 2 years in a row. His junior year one in the cafeteria then the one in his senior year.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:51 am

AFAIK Eric and Dylan were only pictured on their actual class photos. There is a listing in the back of the book showing which pages kids are on. Both Eric and Dylan only have 1 listing

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:53 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Yes! Candid shots of Eric were taken for the yearbook 2 years in a row. His junior year one in the cafeteria then the one in his senior year.

Well he was very photogenic.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:56 am

Were they taken out of the full class photo?

Were Nate and Devon's little ads taken out? Devon mentions Dylan in her good bye to seniors snippet

Eric was photogenic I will give him that much. ;)
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:58 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Were they taken out of the full class photo?

Were Nate and Devon's little ads taken out? Devon mentions Dylan in her good bye to seniors snippet

Eric was photogenic I will give him that much. ;)

They were in the full shot. But being that neither was in any extracurricular activities and Eric's candid was removed, they were not in any extras

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks!

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 pm

I assume their senior portrait was not in there either.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I assume their senior portrait was not in there either.

Those were in there. Their individual shots were included among the other single student photos.

Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 pm

I was glad they decided to keep them in the yearbook, but I still can't believe they chose to.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 pm

PG 77 is Eric and Pg 81 is Dylan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Thank you Lizpuff!!

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Anyone else find it odd that "I'm Not Ashamed" included a scene where Eric grabbed Rachel's hair before he killed her, but Rachel actually had pretty short hair at the time? Did her family just ignore that fact to try and push the story they accept of what happened that day?

Here she is getting ready for Prom a few days before the shooting. (Photo originally posted by user Juicy Jazzy)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:16 pm

I think they did ignore it. From what I understand her friends weren't happy about the film and said they didn't get Rachel at all and she would have hated all of this martyr stuff.

Did Dylan do the sound for Smoke in the Room?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:40 pm

That movie was crap from start to finish. A classic example of overplayed, over dramatized religious fluff.

When even Rachel's own friends disliked the film, that should tell you something about the truth and accuracy of it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:47 pm

I listened to the God Awful Movies podcast about the movie and that was enough.

Some reviews from people who were like "We are NOT sympathetic to the shooters at all, but since when are they cartoon villains, this is awful, everything is awful"

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I listened to the God Awful Movies podcast about the movie and that was enough.

Some reviews from people who were like "We are NOT sympathetic to the shooters at all, but since when are they cartoon villains, this is awful, everything is awful"

That was probably one of its best reviews! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Littlelo wrote:

Lol

That's a clear look of regret. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foxofgrey

Contribution Points : 59193
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 6:16 am

(So this was originally its own thread, but I'll just post this here instead since I requested that thread to be deleted for the sake of not being repetitive.)

So I haven't gotten any sort of true answers, if any, for these questions:

1) Why didn't Eric or Dylan kill any jocks (white-hat individuals) if they constantly had a hatred of such individuals?
2) In the Hitman for Hire video, what was/were the song(s) muted? Are there any copies left without any sort of alterations?
3) Overused question, but just want to see where this forum stands on this: Have you guys accepted that the basement tapes are gone forever?
4) Did Eric or Dylan like Marilyn Manson? I heard some conflicting reports where one or both of them disliked Marilyn, or it might have been something else.
5) Where does this forum stand on the controversy around Rachel Scott (e.g., 13 tears, the god conversation she had with Eric before she died, I'm Not Ashamed, etc.)?
6) Did Eric Harris do any sort of art projects (since looking at his journal, his art is drawn great)? Could have been at Columbine or outside of school.
7) In the Zero Hour documentary (around 29:08 minutes into it), Eric encounters a girl and says "Do you want to die, huh? Well... we're all gonna die. We were going to blow up the school anyway." And didn't shoot at her. If this actually happened, who was she and why didn't Eric shoot her?

I just had these questions lingering in my mind for a while, so I hope I get some concluding answers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 7:42 am

Foxofgrey wrote:
(So this was originally its own thread, but I'll just post this here instead since I requested that thread to be deleted for the sake of not being repetitive.)

So I haven't gotten any sort of true answers, if any, for these questions:

1) Why didn't Eric or Dylan kill any jocks (white-hat individuals) if they constantly had a hatred of such individuals?
2) In the Hitman for Hire video, what was/were the song(s) muted? Are there any copies left without any sort of alterations?
3) Overused question, but just want to see where this forum stands on this: Have you guys accepted that the basement tapes are gone forever?
4) Did Eric or Dylan like Marilyn Manson? I heard some conflicting reports where one or both of them disliked Marilyn, or it might have been something else.
5) Where does this forum stand on the controversy around Rachel Scott (e.g., 13 tears, the god conversation she had with Eric before she died, I'm Not Ashamed, etc.)?
6) Did Eric Harris do any sort of art projects (since looking at his journal, his art is drawn great)? Could have been at Columbine or outside of school.
7) In the Zero Hour documentary (around 29:08 minutes into it), Eric encounters a girl and says "Do you want to die, huh? Well... we're all gonna die. We were going to blow up the school anyway." And didn't shoot at her. If this actually happened, who was she and why didn't Eric shoot her?

I just had these questions lingering in my mind for a while, so I hope I get some concluding answers.

Alright lets just jump right into this!Very Happy

1. In my opinion E&D's issues were with the entire school and the community. NOT just the jocks. They wanted to take down the whole school. No they didn't go looking for jocks to shoot. BUT the bombs in the cafeteria were supposedly placed at/under the tables where all the jocks sat. So if they had worked as planned, then that would have likely caused a lot of injuries maybe a few deaths, as there are a lot of debates about how effective those bombs would have been if they had worked.

2. I'm not sure any remain that haven't been altered. Check Youtube.

3. I still hold out hope that a copy of the basement tapes is hidden out there somewhere.

4. Dylan had a MM cd and a MM poster in his room, so one would assume he did indeed like MM. I don't think I have come across anything saying that Eric either liked or hated MM.

5. In my opinion, based on evidence it likely didn't happen. I don't think Eric stopped and grabbed her by her very short hair and had a religious conversation with her during a massacre. The movie was Religious Propaganda, and even Rachel's friends had issues with it.

6. Other then his doodles in his journals etc, I'm not aware that Eric did any Art related things.

7. That would be Bree Pasquale. Yes that really did happen. Her witness statements are in the 11k. Eric supposedly made her beg for her life. He asked her several times if she wanted to die, and she kept saying "NO". Then he told her that every one was going to die, because they were going to blow up the school.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 7:59 am

2. There was a HFH video that I saw with some music in it, I believe it was supposed to be Wilder Wine

3. I think there are copies

5. I agree with Shadowed and honestly with their timeline being SO structured they didn't really have enough time to get into a conversation with anyone with the bombs about to go off. Hence why Brooks was told to go home.

As for Marilyn Manson, Devon said that Dylan liked more of the music than the lyrics of songs, so if he had a good beat in some of his songs then he probably really liked it.

Additional Question- Were they outside when the bombs did not go off? Sue goes over the timeline in detail but I'm not sure where they were at the times the bombs were supposed to detonate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 8:19 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Additional Question- Were they outside when the bombs did not go off? Sue goes over the timeline in detail but I'm not sure where they were at the times the bombs were supposed to detonate.

To my understanding they were outside waiting for the bombs to blow, when they realized the bombs had failed was when they started shooting at Rachel and Richard.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 8:27 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

Lol

This is great! Though I don't like the writing they do for Dylan in general. He had more words in his vocabulary than "huh" and "oh" I think Zero Hour Dylan was pretty good, and this Dylan looks a little more like actual Dylan. At least he has the long hair. However WHY can't they give the actor a nice patchy blonde beard and mustache. The pictures are super blurry but sometimes I get a hint of this mess I hear of on Dylan's face with his blonde beard...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 8:28 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

To my understanding they were outside waiting for the bombs to blow, when they realized the bombs had failed was when they started shooting at Rachel and Richard.

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 10:15 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

Lol

This is great! Though I don't like the writing they do for Dylan in general. He had more words in his vocabulary than "huh" and "oh" I think Zero Hour Dylan was pretty good, and this Dylan looks a little more like actual Dylan. At least he has the long hair. However WHY can't they give the actor a nice patchy blonde beard and mustache. The pictures are super blurry but sometimes I get a hint of this mess I hear of on Dylan's face with his blonde beard...

I'm with you. The Dylan in INA seemed dull and kind of dumbed down. Dylan was probably more pensive and brooding than what he is portrayed as. He was not just a blind follower of Eric.

Dylan did have some facial hair which you can see in some of the high res prom pics!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 11:03 am

I agree. There was no slow burning anger or shit eating grin either. In the Basement Tapes recreation I wonder did the actor who played Dylan ever hear of him... it was so blah.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 4:40 pm

**I created a new thread for this topic, if anyone cares to reply there**

On the day the Jan '98 incident occurred, E&D were with Zach Heckler, but parted ways with him before they broke into the van. What could have transpired differently if Zach had been with them?

Would they not have done it?
If all three of them committed the crime, would E&D not have had such a close bond considering someone else was involved?

What are some alternate scenarios for that day, and how could they ultimately have affected NBK? (Dylan's "wrath for January's incident").

EDIT: should I have made this it's own thread? Wasn't sure how involved of a question it was...

Last edited by Littlelo on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 5:53 pm

I like this question!

I want to ponder it some

Just a quick note to say Zack and Devon's relationship sound so dramatic didn't zack get out of a moving car that night
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Some thoughts about that. I am assuming Zach stopped doing the rebel missions around the time he met Devon. That night of the van break in Zach got into a fight with Devon. So he decides just to leave with Eric and Dylan and hang out, cause some problems.

I think the bond with E and D would have to do with how close were they before and how far removed was Zach? They very well could have all gotten into trouble and left Zach out, or tried to convince Zach to go NBK with them. If they all did their time, learned their lesson and no NBK. I assume Zach and Devon would have broken up, Eric may have gotten into more trouble but nothing to the extent of 4/20 and straightened up later and Dylan... I always assume he'd end up killing himself Sad though my hope would be that he would do well in life.

Zach possibly being a third shooter in this scenario would either have increased their chances of getting caught or someone backing out or caused a deadlier massacre. Zach also wrote a threatening letter to Devon's ex BF when they all got suspended for hacking (Devon, Zach, Eric and Dylan) so Zach may have had his own issues too.

I do like the idea of this being a separate thread.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 pm

areyoulistening wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
For me, it is the opposite.  I don't understand Wayne Harris.  I get the feeling he doesn't even care to remember Eric existed, like maybe he feels he is better off without him.  I know that sounds pretty bad, but, I once read this story where Wayne and Kathy Harris met up with the parents of one of the victims, I think it was the Mauser's, but I don't know for sure, and I just felt that Wayne seemed annoyed about the whole situation.  Did anyone else read that story and what was your take on it?

As for the Klebolds?  I think they seem like nice, caring people.  I think they probably still think about Dylan and miss him on a daily basis.  I think they stayed in the house he grew up in because they wanted to remember him and not be chased away from those memories.  I honestly don't think they knew what Dylan was up to and I really don't see how they can be blamed for his actions.  Really, it could have been anyone's teenagWhen you e son.  Maybe they weren't involved in his life as much as they should have been, but he was 17, and by that age, most teenagers aren't as close with their parents as they used to be.  They pretty much do their own thing and with both of his parents working, maybe they didn't notice things, like his depression for example.  But can't that be said about the parents of many teenagers?  Teenagers are very good at hiding things and keeping things to themselves, especially teenage boys, I think. Dylan hid his depression very well from his parents and his friends.  Even his closest friends say they didn't know what was going on with Dylan.

That's actually how I think about it. I think Dylan was a master in hiding this other side of him. When you read his journal you can see how he really thinks of himself as two different persons. His father thought they were very close and that Dylan used to tell him everything. He worked mostly at home and they worked on his BMW together. They used to hang out together like almost every afternoon on a schoolweek. I think that's spending a lot more time with your teenage son than most parents would do.

I am not sure about Wayne Harris. I did read about the meeting between The Mausers and Harrisses. It's in Tom Mausers' book and there is also an article about it. I think it's really brave they met the Mausers' and I think maybe Wayne doesn't know how to act in such a situation. I think he really did care about Eric and did everything he could to prevent him of getting into trouble while he was alive. Maybe a little to much..Sometimes you have to let your kid take a little bit more responsibility.

Maybe it's because Mr and Mrs Harris remind me of my own parents in the way that they dealt with things but I don't find them suspicious in the slightest. It might be because the Klebolds claimed to be so close to their son yet didn't see a single thing to tell them that he was unhappy that bothers me. But then I remember all the stuff that I hid quite well and it may not be the same thing, but I suppose I was being too hard on them and giving a double standard compared to the Harrises.

I've gone completely off topic, excuse me while I fade into the background....

this, its not hard to hide stuff like that from your parents..although my mom would get suspicious if i had locks and guns in my room, but i dont know how there life was day to day so im just speculating
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Sue strikes me as someone who thought it was depression and teen angst, nothing more serious. The Klebolds remind me of my parents so I can sympathize. I believe Dylan only had his shotgun in the house for a brief period of time and then the day of they found a couple of pipe bombs.

Eric is the one who seemed to be hiding an arsenal.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122108
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 11:06 pm

Yes, Eric did stash more of the items at his house than Dylan did.
Back to top Go down
Foxofgrey

Contribution Points : 59193
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 4:23 am

I also have to ask, how tech literate was Eric Harris? Like did he brag about how powerful his PC was to others?
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 7:24 am

So many people (myself included) like to say that E&D just had to wait a couple weeks for graduation and then they'd be done with CHS for good. They wonder why they did not just hold out a little longer.

Has anyone ever suggested that maybe Eric was genuinely afraid of what life would bring after high school? Dylan was going to Arizona if NBK didn't happen (unless he would have chosen to end his life before that), and Eric had no set plans.

When I was a freshman in high school, I remember hearing about a senior student who committed suicide. The note she left basically said that she was too overwhelmed with the thought of life after high school and the pressure of college/adult life.

Just something that entered my mind today, thought I would share.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next