Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The small questions thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Don't be embarrassed: we all make mistakes in life.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Haha, I've redeemed myself by devouring SBB and 11k. And I forgot, I also read the section on Dylan in A. Solomon's "Far from the tree", which was very informative
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:46 pm

maninthebox wrote:
And I forgot, I also read the section on Dylan in A. Solomon's "Far from the tree", which was very informative
Oh, for sure, that's something I want to read too. Good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
em81

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:32 am

The section in "Far from the tree" is very interesting and touching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:50 pm

The Klebold part in that massive book is a short 12-page read. Whoa. I had a lump in my throat reading the comments by Mrs. Klebold... That's a hell of a way to gain wisdom in life, having a son commit a massacre and killing himself. But yes, she obviously has made an incredible, and positive, inward journey from all this. The author of the book is writing about Tom and Sue in an appreciative manner. They are indeed inspiring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:08 am

You've said well what I was trying to express. I've also watched "Rosemary's baby" (partly) because she mentions it in the book.
Spoiler:

Small question I have - where was Radioactive clothing filmed? I've read the answer somewhere, but can't remember now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:26 am

They were driving around for the first part of it. If you mean whose house was the 2nd part filmed at? I believe that was Mike Vendegnia's house. If not his, it would have had to been Erik Veik's house. Pretty sure it was Mike's though.

maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Jenn wrote:
They were driving around for the first part of it. If you mean whose house was the 2nd part filmed at? I believe that was Mike Vendegnia's house. If not his, it would have had to been Erik Veik's house. Pretty sure it was Mike's though.
Yeah, I meant the house. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marco1211

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:51 am

Does Wayne Harris ever mention why he never did regular room searches for Eric after finding a propane bomb? That should have sent off warning signs, though maybe he just didn't want to believe it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:36 am

@Marco1211: I don't know myself, maybe someone else will have an answer for you, but my impression? It's that the basement was sort of a no-go place for the parents. It does seem like both parents, the dad at least, was in some denial, not wanting to see what was going on. He took some pipe bomb device but nothing else, apparently didn't search the whole room after that episode. ''Let's make sure he studies and sleeps and gets home by 6pm and get things done but, otherwise, we'll let him do whatever else he wants in his basement.'', may have been the logic behind it. It's not unique to them: many parents would not believe their kids capable of planning something like a shooting and would rather cut a teenage boy under pressure some slack...as long as he seems to behave.

For some reason, the mother said to police coming in on 4/20: ''don't go down there''. She may have been afraid of something being discovered or exploding, or, not believing her son was involved at that point, did not want the basement to be searched and turned around because what would Eric think when he got home later during the day?!? Who knows what she thought.

She did make sure she fed ''the monster down in his cave'' with slimjims and candies. Don't wake up the monster, less he devours you!

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marco1211

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:45 pm

JayJay wrote:
@Marco1211: I don't know myself, maybe someone else will have an answer for you, but my impression? It's that the basement was sort of a no-go place for the parents. It does seem like both parents, the dad at least, was in some denial, not wanting to see what was going on. He took some pipe bomb device but nothing else, apparently didn't search the whole room after that episode. ''Let's make sure he studies and sleeps and gets home by 6pm and get things done but, otherwise, we'll let him do whatever else he wants in his basement.'', may have been the logic behind it. It's not unique to them: many parents would not believe their kids capable of planning something like a shooting and would rather cut a teenage boy under pressure some slack...as long as he seems to behave.

For some reason, the mother said to police coming in on 4/20: ''don't go down there''. She may have been afraid of something being discovered or exploding, or, not believing her son was involved at that point, did not want the basement to be searched and turned around because what would Eric think when he got home later during the day?!? Who knows what she thought.

She did make sure she fed ''the monster down in his cave'' with slimjims and candies. Don't wake up the monster, less he devours you!
Yeah, I suspected so. Do we know if the parents went down to Eric's room before rhe cops there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Does anybody know anything more specific about if Littleton had a curfew and what the rules of the curfew were? In Rachel's tears, pg(62) her father says: "Rachel had been out late one night and was cited for breaking the Littleton curfew, so I had to take her downtown to pay a fine. She hadn't done anything wrong, but the city is strict about its curfew, and she violated it."

I wonder how Eric and Dylan managed to avoid been issued a curfew fine when they were out at all hours doing their missions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:04 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Does anybody know anything more specific about if Littleton had a curfew and what the rules of the curfew were? In Rachel's tears, pg(62) her father says: "Rachel had been out late one night and was cited for breaking the Littleton curfew, so I had to take her downtown to pay a fine. She hadn't done anything wrong, but the city is strict about its curfew, and she violated it."

I wonder how Eric and Dylan managed to avoid been issued a curfew fine when they were out at all hours doing their missions?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Ah that's great thank you. So the curfew was from 11 p.m - 5 a.m for 17's and under. I always thought, surely if there was some kind of curfew then Eric and Dylan were constantly breaking it. Seems so unfair that Rachel had to pay a fine for breaking the curfew yet Eric and Dylan received no punishment for breaking the same curfew with their missions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:14 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Ah that's great thank you. So the curfew was from 11 p.m - 5 a.m for 17's and under. I always thought, surely if there was some kind of curfew then Eric and Dylan were constantly breaking it. Seems so unfair that Rachel had to pay a fine for breaking the curfew yet Eric and Dylan received no punishment for breaking the same curfew with their missions.
And here is another link to a little bit more info on that.

And I think the boys didn't have to pay a fine because they didn't get caught by police, did they? Usually the fine only applies to you if the police catch you out after curfew.

Last edited by Jenn on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

And I think the boys didn't have to pay a fine because they didn't get caught by police, did they? Usually the fine only applies to you if the police catch out after curfew.
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant, that Eric and Dylan didn't get caught for the multiple times they broke the curfew. It just seems so ridiculous that Rachel got caught and they did not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:36 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

And I think the boys didn't have to pay a fine because they didn't get caught by police, did they? Usually the fine only applies to you if the police catch out after curfew.
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant, that Eric and Dylan didn't get caught for the multiple times they broke the curfew. It just seems so ridiculous that Rachel got caught and they did not.  
Probably because they were dressed in all black and being sneaky; hiding and shit so that they wouldn't get caught. If Dylan would have worn that bright ass Hawaiian shirt, I bet the would have been busted.Very Happy 

queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Probably because they were dressed in all black and being sneaky; hiding and shit so that they wouldn't get caught. If Dylan would have worn that bright ass Hawaiian shirt, I bet the would have been busted.Very Happy 
LOL 
It's probably a good job Dylan didn't wear the Hawaiian shirt for the missions, that we know of.... Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:36 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Wow. I never heard of such a thing as a curfew except in war zones. In a suburb? Sounds like a police state, or Panem in Hunger Games. It sounds extremely discriminatory to teenagers, too. And it did not prevent E & D from doing ''rebel missions'' before 11pm...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marco1211

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:17 pm

I was reading about the crosses originally put up for Eric and Dylan after the shooting. The comments on their crosses were very telling with Dylan having "Why?" "I'm sorry we failed you" and Eric's having "How can we ever forgive you?". What did you guys think about that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Marco1211 wrote:
I was reading about the crosses originally put up for Eric and Dylan after the shooting. The comments on their crosses were very telling with Dylan having "Why?" "I'm sorry we failed you" and Eric's having "How can we ever forgive you?". What did you guys think about that?
That it is fucked up that their crosses got torn down and chopped up.

maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:05 pm

On SBB there was a guy who said he was a coworker of Eric and Dylan. I don't remember his name, but I think he said something about them listening to Tool and being harassed by school bullies at work. Did anyone confirm if he was real?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tfsa47090
Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:29 pm

maninthebox wrote:
On SBB there was a guy who said he was a coworker of Eric and Dylan. I don't remember his name, but I think he said something about them listening to Tool and being harassed by school bullies at work. Did anyone confirm if he was real?
It hasn't been entirely confirmed to my knowledge, but I personally believe it was him. Jason Secor is his name, and his username was Venturo. A good while before scmrpg/sbb closed, let alone reopened as an archive, I copied and saved that thread and then posted it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:36 pm

He seems genuine to me too. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:07 pm

maninthebox wrote:
You're very welcome.

I'm adding some audio links to the thread right now. Be sure to check the thread to listen to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:10 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
You're very welcome.

I'm adding some audio links to the thread right now. Be sure to check the thread to listen to them.
Audio links? Spiffy!
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:21 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
You're very welcome.

Audio links?  Spiffy!
Yes! These were sent to me, and someone must have cut up pieces and uploaded them from the following:

Jefferson County 911 and dispatch audio on a two CD-ROM set
Released Aug. 7, 2000

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:06 pm

It seems there was no requirement at all from authorities to have a class on how to handle a gun, at the time Eric and Dylan bought their arms, is that right?

For people familiar with guns, how do you think they handle their guns when you watch the Rampage Range video? Regardless of the ultimate goal of them getting guns, would they have benefited from taking a class on how to handle a gun? What about shooting, do they shoot somewhat well at all?

Also, does someone know how much pressure Eric's shotgun (pump gun?) recoil give on the shoulder? It seems pretty rough to sustain (not that I pity him AT ALL).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z_Splatter

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:53 am

I enjoy shooting handguns and shotguns. The thing to understand is most gun owners shutter when they see the videos of E & D shooting. The shotguns would have been extremely hard to shoot accurately but lucky for E & D you don't have to be very accurate with the way the cut off the barrel. And really I don't think that this was a big concern of theirs. The bombs were supposed to be the bigger weapons.

The shot of dylan shooting his tec 9 one handed makes me roll my eyes. Its the 'gangsta' and its not very effective.

I will say that they look to be using much better form in the cafeteria footage so maybe they got it out of their system before NBK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_Chagrin

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:58 pm

JayJay wrote:
It seems there was no requirement at all from authorities to have a class on how to handle a gun, at the time Eric and Dylan bought their arms, is that right?

For people familiar with guns, how do you think they handle their guns when you watch the Rampage Range video? Regardless of the ultimate goal of them getting guns, would they have benefited from taking a class on how to handle a gun? What about shooting, do they shoot somewhat well at all?

Also, does someone know how much pressure Eric's shotgun (pump gun?) recoil give on the shoulder? It seems pretty rough to sustain (not that I pity him AT ALL).

Well of course cutting the stock off a shotgun is not intended as it was designed with one to specifically absorb the shock of recoil from firing the weapon. I don't know why they had purchased cut down weapons, they had no intention of needing to conceal them. Which is the only reason that you would modify a shotgun in such a way. Perhaps it was easier to carry in addition to another weapon, or because it was "straight outta doom". Or the fact that they were not that good at shooting. In my mind it would make more sense to use an intact shotgun.

Either way they were rather ineffective at using the shotguns. Watching Eric's arms flail about when he's firing the shot gun is pretty amusing, it was too much for him. Which was proven when he busted his nose in the library.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The small questions thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next