Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi together!

Don't know if this is the correct section, otherwise a mod should please move this thread (it's my first post though).

A few days ago i was looking if there are any news about the remaining of Dylan's and Eric's cars. Last i knew about Dylan's BMW was that somebody tried to sell it a few years ago. So i checked out this forum once again about updated informations (finally managed to sign up by the way).

I've spent the last days to read through all threads to check in general about news.

A few minutes ago i spotted the VIN of Dylan's BMW and tried several pages which offers detailed reports. Unfortunately all of them want payment for this. So i just typed the VIN into Google and let things happen...

I was very surprised that i got a result for an Ebay auction from this year, so i checked it out. And i couldn't believe the result.

Here's the link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's Dylan's BMW which was enlisted to Ebay this year. The auction unfortunately was ended by the owner on March 30th 2017. You can check the VIN which is listed in the acution. There is also the possibility to get an car report through this auction.

The cars years after Columbine:
01/19/1999 LITTLETON, CO
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:11D174157)
01/29/1999 CO
Motor Vehicle Dept. PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
02/01/1999 LITTLETON, CO
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/09/2000 LITTLETON, CO
10/09/2001 LITTLETON, CO
10/09/2001 CO
Motor Vehicle Dept. PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
02/07/2003 LITTLETON, CO
03/13/2006 DENVER, CO
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:15E414051)
05/12/2006 LINCOLN, NE
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT
06/14/2006 LINCOLN, NE
06/14/2007 LINCOLN, NE
03/21/2008 LINCOLN, NE
05/29/2008 LINCOLN, NE
12/13/2008 LINCOLN, NE
Police Report ACCIDENT REPORTED (Case #:A8-122688)

It looks like the owner didn't know the infamous history of this car, because he did not mention anything about Dylan or Columbine (ok maybe to prevent Ebay ending this auction).

Maybe someone wants to dig in a little bit deeper?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cicero

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Wait, am I reading correctly that the owner set the starting bid at $12.3 million? Seems to me like they knew the history of the car if they are trying to get that much.

Good job at catching this, especially if it's legit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrwilliams

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:24 am

Wow, that's amazing. Ended because item was lost or broken? Very strange indeed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mystic808

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:07 pm

If this is legit, then I'm shocked since his car was gone/missing forever.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll be under your stars ~FOREVER~

Last edited by Mystic808 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:51 pm

deeagle wrote:
Wow, that's amazing.  Ended because item was lost or broken?  Very strange indeed!

Wow, didn't noticed that at first. Thougt it was only 12,5k

Well, theres also no detailed describtion in the auction, so i don't know if the seller has never worte one or deleted it too.

The more i think about it, i guess the seller just quickly listed the auction and then deleted it immediately before Ebay will do it as in past (as Murderpilia is not allowed by their rules). So that you can find this auction even that it's no more active.

Maybe he hopes that someone will contact him directly now for buying it. Who knows. As it seems there are also no pictures included in the auction, maybe everything was not more a fake.

If there's someone with enough time left, he could try to contact the seller for more infos. Unfortunately i'm very busy at the moment so i can't find much time for that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dahlia_rose

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:50 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I read Sue's book, she mentioned that Dylan bought a car for around $400, fixed it up with his Dad and "liked" that the model was his birth year (1981). I don't think he had a 1982 model car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chicago Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:23 am

The VIN number, the tenth symbol is the year. For Dylan vehicle it's C and that's 82...1980 was
First year this began and it was A, 81 B, and 82 C. However I also thought I had previously read that it was an 81, so I'm with ya on the confusion there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:28 am

No Dylan's car was an 82. Eric's was an 86

View user profile
hvernon

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Did we ever get to the bottom of this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milkwood

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 pm

This is really interesting! I've sent the seller a message to see if they can provide any more info!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago   Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:15 am

Dahlia, you're right! Sue said in her book it was an '81 and Dylan and his dad fixed it up. She bought it for $400
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Dylan's BMW was on Ebay 3 months ago
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1