Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The next big shooter and their gimmick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72209
Forum Reputation : 328

The next big shooter and their gimmick Empty
PostSubject: The next big shooter and their gimmick   The next big shooter and their gimmick Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 5:38 pm

I've noticed that the most well known shooters have a "gimmick"; Something interesting about them that can be said in a single sentence. The severity of the attacks is a very important factor (as seen with many of the people on this list), but a good gimmick can make up for a low kill count (see Brenda Spencer).

Charles Whitman: Sniper. Brain tumor. Killed mother/wife.
Brenda Spencer: "I Don't Like Mondays". Girl. Sniper.
Eric/Dylan: I don't even need to explain this one.
Seung Hui Cho: First major college shooting since Whitman.
James Holmes: Attacked movie theater.
Adam Lanza: Elementary school.
Elliot Rodger: Misogynist at a time when that was a hot button issue..

With the decreasing publicity of recent shootings, as well as the increasing prevalence/publicity of terror attacks, what do you think the next big killer will do? What will their gimmick be? Will there even be a next big killer?

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85103
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: The next big shooter and their gimmick   The next big shooter and their gimmick Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:41 am

A lot of people identify with Elliot Rodger, and some people on YouTube who talk about identifying with Elliot Rodger also show signs of being suicidal/homicidal (see Kleine Deville and Alexander Layko) so I think the next big shooter's gimmick will be the same as Elliot Rodger's.
Back to top Go down
Kaynvink

Kaynvink

Contribution Points : 60625
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The next big shooter and their gimmick   The next big shooter and their gimmick Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Apart from the ISIS terrorist who don't do a "bad job" at carrying out their attacks and keeping them a secret during the planning time I think the next attack may be even something against this whole thing of religious nonsense. Maybe sometime someone walks into a mosque and shots prayers and gets a decent kill count , to be honest was there even ever a bigger attack at a religious building? Apart from the 2007 new life shootings although Matthew Murray could have done much more damage if he wouldn't have been shot by police
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The next big shooter and their gimmick   The next big shooter and their gimmick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The next big shooter and their gimmick
Page 1 of 1