Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Sue Klebold has said things that are inexplicable in my opinion. Things that to me define her character and point directly to her part in everything that happened. Her guilt lies beyond being simply the mother of a killer, her guilt is the creation of a killer.

Some things Sue has said with my commentary then summary.

"Dylan did not do this because of the way he was raised, He did it in contradiction to the way he was raised."

Deflecting blame at it's finest. Claiming no responsibility for something she had a direct hand in. Raising a killer. Dylan was not born a killer, regardless of her idiotic claim that she felt dread upon holding him as a baby. Dylan was turned into a killer by his parents.

"I haven't done anything for which I need forgiveness"

LMFAO, seriously? You brought up a son who killed people.... That is a statement that boggles my mind. That someone can be so arrogant as to not realize they can actually make mistakes.

"I don’t understand the decision and I don’t agree with it, but I’m going to support it. This will be resolved quickly if we comply with the ruling, and I don’t want to make a bad situation worse by alienating you from the people running the school."

Said to Dylan on the way home after being suspended for 5 days due to hacking the schools servers. What does she care about in this situation? She cares about how the administration feels about her and Dylan. Her reputation always takes precedence over anything and everything else. She can do no wrong and her child cannot either, if she would admit that he did she would shatter her fabricated lie of a life.

"I told Dylan he couldn’t allow the obnoxious behavior of others to upset him."

In regards to being bullied. Nice Sue, tell your child to hold everything in and pretend everything's fine like you do. Again shifting blame, Dylan couldn't have caused anything that led to "obnoxious behavior" from others. Shifting blame is a common theme in Dylan's writings, no clue where he got that from. Not dealing with emotions... Comes from Sue as well.

"I have read in the years since that the scratch read ‘Fags’ — a slur I have also read was frequently leveled against Dylan and Eric in the hallways at Columbine — but we did not hear that from the school."

In her book, in regards to Dylan scratching "fags" on a locker. Her son cannot be blamed because he himself was called a fag!!! Justification of actions because something was done to you. I'm sure her lessons helped Dylan justify NBK. Another thing is it would tarnish her and her sons reputation and that could not happen since that's all that ever mattered to her.

"This lack of follow-through on my part was uncharacteristic, but indicative: I believed Dylan was a psychologically healthy human being. I never considered that the paper could be a reflection of deep-seated problems. I knew it contained some rough language and a dark theme, but had confidence that his teacher and the school counselor would handle the situation appropriately.”

In regards to the paper Dylan wrote. Has Sue done any parenting... Ever?! Severe lack of interest in her own child. Sue feels no responsibility for Dylan nor his actions. This is one of the major factors that really makes Sue the responsible party for Dylans involvement in Columbine. Sue believes others should take care of it... WTF?! Other don't have an investment in your child... But neither did Sue. I believe she was fooled by Dylan because she herself taught him to live a lie. Never do anything that will give us a bad name, image means everything to her. More than her children.

"I can be in a doctor’s waiting room and still hope they call me by my first name, rather than shout out Mrs Klebold, every time I meet someone and give my name, there’s a moment of hesitancy where I watch their face very closely. They may say, 'Gee, why does that sound so familiar?'"

Stated in 2016. Still to this day caring solely about her reputation, not taking responsibility. Some say it could be shame, but she has shown no shame other than her son brought a bad reputation to their name.

"They had different brain conditions. I believe Dylan had some kind of a mood disorder. I believe psychopathy is in a different category. For whatever reason, the two were like magnetic poles. They stuck together. They fed each other. I don’t want to say someone commits crimes because they have a mental illness – that is not true – but I believe strongly that both Dylan and Eric were victims of their own pathology, just as everyone else was a victim of that pathology.”

Here is a great one. Dylan didn't choose to do this, he couldn't make the choice because he was mentally ill....... She claims to be an advocate for mental illness but is at a complete loss when it comes to understanding it. She says someone doesn't commit crimes because of mental illness and then says they were victims of their own pathology, ok then Sue. Dylan is a victim of your upbringing. Sue will divert blame to anything at any given moment.

Another event that shows Sue's culpability is how she reacted to Dylan saying "Stop pushing me, Mom. I’m getting angry, and I don’t know how well I can control it." Sue apologized later... WTF?! Your son cannot control his anger and you don't question it? You don't talk to him? You apologize because you yourself cannot handle emotions and you taught your son the same, Sue just simply could not handle it because she didn't know how.

"I never had anger towards him, except for the moment when I saw the Basement Tapes at the sheriff’s department, six months after he died. I felt about a day of anger because he was bad-mouthing everybody and everything – family members – and pulling things out of his past, some incident in day care when he was three years old. He was trying to latch on to things that made him feel angry, and he was grasping at straws because he’d had such a good life. But I just couldn’t sustain that anger."

Is Sue even human? Dylan can do no wrong, not when he's killing people... But he cursed on a tape!! No one can see that! Destroy the basement tapes!!! She is a very sick person.

"I feel that Dylan was a victim of some kind of malfunction going on in his brain. If you explained suicide to a child, your grandfather died because he got sick in his brain and hurt grandma and then he hurt himself. That’s my thinking with Dylan. The Dylan I knew and raised was a kind person. He was thoughtful. He was conscious-ridden, which is why this is still so difficult for me to understand. I feel a need to apologize to anyone who might be offended because I’m not angry at him, or don’t judge him. But I don’t, because he is my son, and because I believe that whatever killed all the others, killed him, too.”

Explaining why she's not mad about the actual massacre. Doesn't even talk about the victims.. Because according to Sue there are only 2 victims, herself and Dylan. Dylan didn't kill anyone, his mental illness killed everyone... But... Mental illness doesn't cause crimes.... Sue?? Sue?? It's hard to even respond to this quote honestly, it's just simply sickening.

"I had the distorted belief that Dylan belonged to me. He was mine. And when I see movies, or plays, or songs, I have a sense that someone is taking him away from me, that they’re claiming ownership of something they know nothing about."

In regards to books, movies, ect. Showing her true colors finally. Dylan belonged to Sue, his legacy belonged to her. Why? Because who benefitted the most from Columbine? Sue. Sue the advocate, Sue the speaker.... Sue the murderer.

I could list quotes all day long that show how self-righteous, arrogant, manipulative and disgusting this woman is. Dylans' tragedy was her creation and her property. She wanted to be the only one to benefit from it. He did no wrong because his mental illness did it, which diverts blame and doesn't "tarnish" her family name. She created the perfect façade, she had this façade before Columbine and continues it today. Caring mother, devoted, loving... Her ignorance and inability to deal with emotions or any event that would make her or Dylan look bad caused the whole massacre.

Dylan didn't want to live a lie like his mother, he wanted to be real but was never taught how.

Burn in hell Sue.

Thank you for reading!


_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1Mare1
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 286
Join date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:37 pm

The thing I just can't understand about Sue is, who the hell prays for their son to die? I could never make the meaning out of that sentence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:55 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
The thing I just can't understand about Sue is, who the hell prays for their son to die? I could never make the meaning out of that sentence.

That's after she found out Dylan was involved right? There's two ways of seeing it. She was praying for him to die so the massacre would end. Of course I don't believe that for a second. She was praying that he would die because he ruined her reputation. That's the one I believe.

_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Have you read Kass' book about Columbine? He writes a fair amount about Sue as a person and who she was before she was married and a mother. Paints a good picture of her imho.

I don't agree with all of what you said but I do think that Sue excuses Dylan from what he did quite a bit and I think that is a bit of motherly nature. It is not right at all but it happens.

The things she did with Dylan, and her parenting style relate back to who she is as a person which is where I feel the Kass book brings some of it to light.

She presents herself as a strong woman who was broken. Someone who clings to logic rather than emotion but in reality is anything but

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
She presents herself as a strong woman who was broken.

Key word here is "presents" something she has done for quite a long time, presenting a false image. The media and everyone love this person.

I think what she does in regards to excusing Dylan goes beyond being motherly.

I haven't read Kass but I've read a lot of her interviews and the such and can see right through her.

_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:13 pm

While I do somewhat agree that Sue seems to stick her head in the sand when faced with the full roll Dylan played in Columbine, she also is a mother who had every thought, hope and dream concerning her son taken in the blink of an eye. That would effect every aspect of your being, every single thought you had, every action.

Where you see her shame of a ruined reputation, or her embarrassment. I see the shame and embarrassment of a mother who feels like she let her son down. I see a mother who was blissfully unaware that her own son had longed for death for years underneath her very nose and she suspected nothing, did nothing to help him. I see a woman who had a child that she nurtured and loved taken from her in one of the most horrible way you can imagine.  

I honestly get no feelings of arrogance from anything Sue has ever written or said. I only get the feeling of total anguish. Her eyes hold a hell that reflects what her thinking must be like. Her internal dialog would be hell on its own. Much less living with the fact your child not only killed himself, but decided to take innocent people with him.

Yet everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 am

Sue had what she felt was the perfect family. Byron on drugs I think had been the worst thing up until that point. Even when Dylan got in trouble Sue still thought she had the perfect family. Yes she buried her head in the sand a bit but compared to a lot of kids Byron and Dylan were good kids.

I think it goes to show how great of a liar Dylan was. Sue and Tom did not know what was truly going on with him, his friends, his teachers, hell even his counselor did not notice any issues. They may have seen small things but never the big picture.

Had Sue noticed and gotten him help would things have changed? I don't know. I'd like to think yes. But had she been a helicopter parent, I think Dylan would have spun out much sooner

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I think it goes to show how great of a liar Dylan was.  Sue and Tom did not know what was truly going on with him, his friends, his teachers, hell even his counselor did not notice any issues.  They may have seen small things but never the big picture.


I agree. I have always said that Dylan was the better manipulator of the two.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 am

Dylan doesn't come across as a liar to me really. Unless there are specific circumstances that I'm not aware of at the moment. Dylan hid everything inside. He didn't have to lie because no one was suspect. He didn't have parents to help him, he had adults that lived with him.

_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 am

silentprocess wrote:
Dylan doesn't come across as a liar to me really.  Unless there are specific circumstances that I'm not aware of at the moment.  Dylan hid everything inside.  He didn't have to lie because no one was suspect.  He didn't have parents to help him, he had adults that lived with him.

He lied by omission. Hiding things inside he was lying about who he was. He lied about going to college, he lied about all of the times he got in trouble. But mostly the lying about who he really was is the biggest thing to me

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:07 am

silentprocess wrote:
Dylan doesn't come across as a liar to me really.  Unless there are specific circumstances that I'm not aware of at the moment.  Dylan hid everything inside.  He didn't have to lie because no one was suspect.  He didn't have parents to help him, he had adults that lived with him.


His ability to hide everything was what made him better at manipulation then Eric was. Dylan was the one who had everyone around him completely fooled. Which in my opinion made him the better liar of the two.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:34 am

I guess we just have different definitions of lying. To me a lie has to be an intent to deceive someone. I don't believe Dylan had that intent, that's probably because I've suffered from severe depression myself all my life and I know.

Nice to know that you think all severely depressed people are liars. Because I know of no one that freely expresses their desires to die because of their depression.

_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:19 pm

silentprocess wrote:
I guess we just have different definitions of lying.  To me a lie has to be an intent to deceive someone.  I don't believe Dylan had that intent, that's probably because I've suffered from severe depression myself all my life and I know.

Nice to know that you think all severely depressed people are liars.  Because I know of no one that freely expresses their desires to die because of their depression.

I do not feel that way at all. If you read back on this forum you would see where i discuss my own depression. Almost exactly this time last year I went thru one of the worst times in my life including a suicide attempt of my own. I do NOT think all people with depression or mental illness are liars. From what I personally know about Columbine I would indeed call Dylan a liar.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 33
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:22 pm

silentprocess wrote:
Never do anything that will give us a bad name, image means everything to her.


Dylan! You had one job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:25 pm

silentprocess wrote:
I guess we just have different definitions of lying.  To me a lie has to be an intent to deceive someone.  I don't believe Dylan had that intent, that's probably because I've suffered from severe depression myself all my life and I know.

Nice to know that you think all severely depressed people are liars.  Because I know of no one that freely expresses their desires to die because of their depression.


I do not think all depressed people are liars. But I do think Dylan wanted to die and was willing to do whatever he had to, and by whatever means necessary to achieve his own death. Which in my opinion absolutely included lying in one form or another. Saying he never had to lie because no one suspected or questioned him, is just more proof that he had everyone convinced he was fine. So he may have lied by omission, or just out right lied. Either way it is a moot point.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Ok I'll try to see it from your view.  Where in the columbine documents can we find him talking about lying and using deception?  I'll look them up and read it but don't know where to start.  People who intentionally lie and do so often become proud of their ability to deceive and it will eventually become apparent, it's all over Eric's writings.  Dylan will be the same if he was intentionally trying to deceive people.

Dylan had to write somewhere in all those years of writing that he had lied to someone, those were his personal thoughts and not intended for anyone else.

I just would like proof instead of assumptions.

_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:02 pm

I am on here during breaks at work. I don't have the time right now to go digging thru the entire 11k. I know you consider Sue to be a bit of a liar herself and bias toward Dylan so ignoring her, There were many people who asked Dylan how he was doing outright and he said he was fine. Outright answering is not hiding anything it is a lie.

Telling his teacher his paper was just a story was a lie.

In a way enrolling in college, driving across states to pick a dorm room and pretending to be interested is a lie. NOw this last one is an opinion of mine.

Go to the 11k and read the testimonies of those that actually knew Eric and Dylan. You can find this on acolumbinesite or broken down by subject here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In any case though, all of what I have said on this thread is my own personal opinion. I never met Dylan or Eric or Sue. I was not around when this was all going on. I have no facts of my own to present other than what others have said. This is just speculation on my part.

I am not asking for anyone to take my side or believe me over you. But when you give an opinion online there are people who will disagree and will state so. Its what makes a conversation.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:18 pm

silentprocess wrote:
Ok I'll try to see it from your view.  Where in the columbine documents can we find him talking about lying and using deception?  I'll look them up and read it but don't know where to start.  People who intentionally lie and do so often become proud of their ability to deceive and it will eventually become apparent, it's all over Eric's writings.  Dylan will be the same if he was intentionally trying to deceive people.

Dylan had to write somewhere in all those years of writing that he had lied to someone, those were his personal thoughts and not intended for anyone else.

I just would like proof instead of assumptions.



There are many times Dylan did in fact lie. But everyone has their own opinions, and often see things from different angles and viewpoints. But I'll just name one or two things off the top of my head without having to dig through documents. LOL!

In Sue's book she wrote she had smelled tobacco on Dylan. When she asked if he had been smoking, he said, "I'm not that stupid." While he didn't say no, he did skirt around the question. Which lead his mom to believe that he didn't smoke, when in fact he did.

He outright lied to his Diversion case worker, when asked about alcohol he said that he had only experimented with it a few times. When in fact he had apparently had enough experience with vodka to have adopted it as a nickname, and did drink often. As he stated in his journal. He talks about being partially drunk with a screw driver. Also in the basement tapes he was taking swings of whiskey.

So to my way of thinking these are lies he told to keep his parents off his back.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we have completely different definitions of lies. I believe Dylans story was just that, a story, I think anything written as fiction is just a story. There are parallels of course and embellishments, but he didn't write about a high school bombing nor shooting students. He was expressing how he felt on paper not writing a manifesto.

Also Dylan acting like everything was normal up until the end, in my belief, was his last sliver of hope. I know Dylan "came up with the idea" which was obviously his personal thoughts in regards to his treatment and not something he would have acted out without Harris. I believe he wouldn't have done it if not for Harris pushing him and I think he believed that it could still not happen. Dylan was in a tough situation, parents that had interest in him as long as he was successful and not a problem, and a friend who shared how he felt and believed in him. Also in regards to this he could have been manic while doing this things, seeing things would work out and be ok and then have fallen back into his depression. In that case his intent would not have been to deceive. I think we assume much when we say we know what Dylan was thinking and his intents, especially when his writings reflect none of this. Sue we have books and quotes that show her true self.

Course that's all conjecture on my part. It also could have been that he made peace with his suicide and was just doing what a good son would do. Doing what your parents want you to do knowing you won't be there to do it is a huge stretch of a lie in my opinion. A depressed kid is supposed to tell their parents that he didn't plan on being alive to go to college? In a house that forced suppression of feelings or didn't understand them? Yeah... Dylans own father said it wasn't up to him to figure out why this happened.. LMAO WUT?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] those are indeed lies, because deception was the point of him saying those things. Of course I don't know of a teen that wouldn't do that. I and my brothers and even my nephew lied about drinking and smoking and that honestly is one of the standard teenager lies. It seems some people believe that Dylan was an Eric Harris level liar when he was anything but. Normal teen stuff, his depression wasn't a lie, hiding depression isn't a lie it's survival. People hide their mental issues all the time, not to deceive, but to just exist in society without being stigmatized. I know everyone here has not been 100% honest with others on what was going on inside of them.

Course that's all opinion you know? I don't believe hiding depression, anxiety and other mental issues is lying. Telling people these things as a teen would most likely cause counseling which at that era would do more damage than good (I know), more bullying when the kids at school found out, being ostracized, and who knows what other damage it would cause. People with depression hide it to protect themselves and those they love from suffering with them.




_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:54 pm

silentprocess wrote:
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] those are indeed lies, because deception was the point of him saying those things.  Of course I don't know of a teen that wouldn't do that.  I and my brothers and even my nephew lied about drinking and smoking and that honestly is one of the standard teenager lies.  It seems some people believe that Dylan was an Eric Harris level liar when he was anything but.  Normal teen stuff, his depression wasn't a lie, hiding depression isn't a lie it's survival.  People hide their mental issues all the time, not to deceive, but to just exist in society without being stigmatized.  I know everyone here has not been 100% honest with others on what was going on inside of them.

Course that's all opinion you know?  I don't believe hiding depression, anxiety and other mental issues is lying.  Telling people these things as a teen would most likely cause counseling which at that era would do more damage than good (I know), more bullying when the kids at school found out, being ostracized, and who knows what other damage it would cause.  People with depression hide it to protect themselves and those they love from suffering with them.

As I said before, everyone has their own way of looking at things. What I see/think/feel/believe will be vastly different from you, because we are different people who have had different experiences in life.

Without a doubt Dylan was a master at hiding his true self, his true feelings. To be that convincing takes a lot of skill and practice. Either he lied as a way to seem normal and to just fly under the radar of life, OR he deceived and manipulated everyone in order to rouse no suspicion of what he and Eric had planned.

Unfortunately this is just another unanswered question to add to the Columbine list. We could debate this back and forth and still never see eye to eye.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedude11



Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:01 pm

silentprocess wrote:
Sue Klebold has said things that are inexplicable in my opinion.  Things that to me define her character and point directly to her part in everything that happened.  Her guilt lies beyond being simply the mother of a killer, her guilt is the creation of a killer.  

Some things Sue has said with my commentary then summary.

"Dylan did not do this because of the way he was raised, He did it in contradiction to the way he was raised."

Deflecting blame at it's finest.  Claiming no responsibility for something she had a direct hand in.  Raising a killer.  Dylan was not born a killer, regardless of her idiotic claim that she felt dread upon holding him as a baby.  Dylan was turned into a killer by his parents.

"I haven't done anything for which I need forgiveness"

LMFAO, seriously?  You brought up a son who killed people....  That is a statement that boggles my mind.  That someone can be so arrogant as to not realize they can actually make mistakes.

"I don’t understand the decision and I don’t agree with it, but I’m going to support it. This will be resolved quickly if we comply with the ruling, and I don’t want to make a bad situation worse by alienating you from the people running the school."

Said to Dylan on the way home after being suspended for 5 days due to hacking the schools servers.  What does she care about in this situation?  She cares about how the administration feels about her and Dylan.  Her reputation always takes precedence over anything and everything else.  She can do no wrong and her child cannot either, if she would admit that he did she would shatter her fabricated lie of a life.

"I told Dylan he couldn’t allow the obnoxious behavior of others to upset him."

In regards to being bullied.  Nice Sue, tell your child to hold everything in and pretend everything's fine like you do.  Again shifting blame, Dylan couldn't have caused anything that led to "obnoxious behavior" from others.  Shifting blame is a common theme in Dylan's writings, no clue where he got that from.  Not dealing with emotions...  Comes from Sue as well.

"I have read in the years since that the scratch read ‘Fags’ — a slur I have also read was frequently leveled against Dylan and Eric in the hallways at Columbine — but we did not hear that from the school."

In her book, in regards to Dylan scratching "fags" on a locker.  Her son cannot be blamed because he himself was called a fag!!!  Justification of actions because something was done to you.  I'm sure her lessons helped Dylan justify NBK.  Another thing is it would tarnish her and her sons reputation and that could not happen since that's all that ever mattered to her.

"This lack of follow-through on my part was uncharacteristic, but indicative: I believed Dylan was a psychologically healthy human being. I never considered that the paper could be a reflection of deep-seated problems. I knew it contained some rough language and a dark theme, but had confidence that his teacher and the school counselor would handle the situation appropriately.”

In regards to the paper Dylan wrote.  Has Sue done any parenting...  Ever?!  Severe lack of interest in her own child. Sue feels no responsibility for Dylan nor his actions.  This is one of the major factors that really makes Sue the responsible party for Dylans involvement in Columbine.  Sue believes others should take care of it...  WTF?!  Other don't have an investment in your child...  But neither did Sue.   I believe she was fooled by Dylan because she herself taught him to live a lie.  Never do anything that will give us a bad name, image means everything to her.  More than her children.

"I can be in a doctor’s waiting room and still hope they call me by my first name, rather than shout out Mrs Klebold, every time I meet someone and give my name, there’s a moment of hesitancy where I watch their face very closely. They may say, 'Gee, why does that sound so familiar?'"

Stated in 2016.  Still to this day caring solely about her reputation, not taking responsibility.  Some say it could be shame, but she has shown no shame other than her son brought a bad reputation to their name.

"They had different brain conditions. I believe Dylan had some kind of a mood disorder. I believe psychopathy is in a different category. For whatever reason, the two were like magnetic poles. They stuck together. They fed each other. I don’t want to say someone commits crimes because they have a mental illness – that is not true – but I believe strongly that both Dylan and Eric were victims of their own pathology, just as everyone else was a victim of that pathology.”

Here is a great one.  Dylan didn't choose to do this, he couldn't make the choice because he was mentally ill.......  She claims to be an advocate for mental illness but is at a complete loss when it comes to understanding it.  She says someone doesn't commit crimes because of mental illness and then says they were victims of their own pathology, ok then Sue.  Dylan is a victim of your upbringing.  Sue will divert blame to anything at any given moment.

Another event that shows Sue's culpability is how she reacted to Dylan saying "Stop pushing me, Mom. I’m getting angry, and I don’t know how well I can control it." Sue apologized later...  WTF?!  Your son cannot control his anger and you don't question it?  You don't talk to him?  You apologize because you yourself cannot handle emotions and you taught your son the same, Sue just simply could not handle it because she didn't know how.

"I never had anger towards him, except for the moment when I saw the Basement Tapes at the sheriff’s department, six months after he died. I felt about a day of anger because he was bad-mouthing everybody and everything – family members – and pulling things out of his past, some incident in day care when he was three years old. He was trying to latch on to things that made him feel angry, and he was grasping at straws because he’d had such a good life. But I just couldn’t sustain that anger."

Is Sue even human?  Dylan can do no wrong, not when he's killing people...  But he cursed on a tape!!  No one can see that!  Destroy the basement tapes!!!  She is a very sick person.

"I feel that Dylan was a victim of some kind of malfunction going on in his brain. If you explained suicide to a child, your grandfather died because he got sick in his brain and hurt grandma and then he hurt himself. That’s my thinking with Dylan. The Dylan I knew and raised was a kind person. He was thoughtful. He was conscious-ridden, which is why this is still so difficult for me to understand. I feel a need to apologize to anyone who might be offended because I’m not angry at him, or don’t judge him. But I don’t, because he is my son, and because I believe that whatever killed all the others, killed him, too.”

Explaining why she's not mad about the actual massacre.  Doesn't even talk about the victims..  Because according to Sue there are only 2 victims, herself and Dylan.  Dylan didn't kill anyone, his mental illness killed everyone...  But...  Mental illness doesn't cause crimes.... Sue??  Sue??  It's hard to even respond to this quote honestly, it's just simply sickening.

"I had the distorted belief that Dylan belonged to me. He was mine. And when I see movies, or plays, or songs, I have a sense that someone is taking him away from me, that they’re claiming ownership of something they know nothing about."

In regards to books, movies, ect.  Showing her true colors finally.  Dylan belonged to Sue, his legacy belonged to her.  Why?  Because who benefitted the most from Columbine?  Sue.  Sue the advocate, Sue the speaker.... Sue the murderer.

I could list quotes all day long that show how self-righteous, arrogant, manipulative and disgusting this woman is.  Dylans' tragedy was her creation and her property.  She wanted to be the only one to benefit from it.  He did no wrong because his mental illness did it, which diverts blame and doesn't "tarnish" her family name.  She created the perfect façade, she had this façade before Columbine and continues it today.  Caring mother, devoted, loving...  Her ignorance and inability to deal with emotions or any event that would make her or Dylan look bad caused the whole massacre.

Dylan didn't want to live a lie like his mother, he wanted to be real but was never taught how.

Burn in hell Sue.

Thank you for reading!


Great post, I agree with everything you wrote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Without a doubt Dylan was a master at hiding his true self, his true feelings. To be that convincing takes a lot of skill and practice. Either he lied as a way to seem normal and to just fly under the radar of life, OR he deceived and manipulated everyone in order to rouse no suspicion of what he and Eric had planned.

That's actually pretty much my point.  Dylan didn't have anyone around besides Eric to care enough about how he felt.  You can read from Sue or Tom's statements that they only cared about how people saw them.  Sue thought the teachers and administration would take care of Dylan cause that's what happened with him his whole life.  She didn't teach him any life lessons, she didn't have the time for it.  His father doesn't even care enough to wonder why Dylan did this, that's for others to determine.....  It's pretty obvious that even if Dylan wanted to lie, he had no opportunity to.  I'm sure Sue asked if Dylan was smoking not only because of the smell but because of how it would portray the family.

To hide things from people they have to actually want to know them.

Sorry, had to edit. A real parent would have talked to Dylan about his story, about his anger which he actually TOLD her he had. She not only ignored Dylan's cry for help she confirmed how he felt. His own mother didn't care enough to ask him how he was feeling.. Sue was one of the major factors that drove Dylan to feel the way he felt. It's all over the internet and in her book.

That's the whole point of the thread anyway. Look at everything she ignored, it's not that she didn't see it. She plain outright ignored Dylan. Blatantly without regret and then on top of it using her own son and his "legacy" to elevate herself.

_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.


Last edited by silentprocess on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lasttrain
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:02 pm

There is nothing bad you could say about Sue Klebold that hasn't already been said a million times before. She's been blamed, persecuted, accosted in public, sued for millions of dollars, had her entire life destroyed, threatened with her life probably more times than she can remember, and lost a child in the process.

And sure, it would be nice if we could blame her. Then we'd have an easy answer.

But that is one thing you will not get in the Columbine case--an easy answer.

I thought Sue Klebold's book was the best one I've read on Columbine--and actually one of the best books I've read, period. She writes movingly about an unthinkable subject, and it's one of the most powerful statements about motherhood and a mother's love I've encountered. It was a remarkable book, and if it leads one parent to take a closer look at an at-risk child, it will have been worth it.

In the meantime, I'm not buying your simplistic explanation that Sue is somehow the villain behind Columbine. The whole situation is more complicated than that.

Sorry. Try again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:06 pm

Lol, you don't have to buy it.  I'm simply pointing out statements she has made that are outright disturbing.

Imagine someone that disturbed raising children.  Look at her characteristics.  Examine her statements to Dylan and her reactions.  Look beyond the façade and her sob story book.  Analyze her interviews, the more you look at it the more apparent it becomes imo.

The thoughts were in Dylan before Eric was even in the picture.  So what pushed him into that?  It wasn't Eric.  Something happened somewhere along the line that messed him up.

In this quote she just outright says it:

Those of us who cared for Dylan felt responsible for his death. We thought, “If I had been a better (mother, father, brother, friend, aunt, uncle, cousin), I would have known this was coming.” We perceived his actions to be our failure. I tried to identify a pivotal event in his upbringing that could account for his anger. Had I been too strict? Not strict enough? Had I pushed too hard, or not hard enough? In the days before he died, I had hugged him and told him how much I loved him. I held his scratchy face between my palms and told him that he was a wonderful person and that I was proud of him. Had he felt pressured by this? Did he feel that he could not live up to my expectations?

Yes Sue you were responsible and you even stated what you had done. The pressure you put on a child that you had broken.


_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:05 pm

silentprocess wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Without a doubt Dylan was a master at hiding his true self, his true feelings. To be that convincing takes a lot of skill and practice. Either he lied as a way to seem normal and to just fly under the radar of life, OR he deceived and manipulated everyone in order to rouse no suspicion of what he and Eric had planned.

That's actually pretty much my point.  Dylan didn't have anyone around besides Eric to care enough about how he felt.  You can read from Sue or Tom's statements that they only cared about how people saw them.  Sue thought the teachers and administration would take care of Dylan cause that's what happened with him his whole life.  She didn't teach him any life lessons, she didn't have the time for it.  His father doesn't even care enough to wonder why Dylan did this, that's for others to determine.....  It's pretty obvious that even if Dylan wanted to lie, he had no opportunity to.  I'm sure Sue asked if Dylan was smoking not only because of the smell but because of how it would portray the family.

To hide things from people they have to actually want to know them.

Sorry, had to edit.  A real parent would have talked to Dylan about his story, about his anger which he actually TOLD her he had.  She not only ignored Dylan's cry for help she confirmed how he felt.  His own mother didn't care enough to ask him how he was feeling..  Sue was one of the major factors that drove Dylan to feel the way he felt.  It's all over the internet and in her book.

That's the whole point of the thread anyway.  Look at everything she ignored, it's not that she didn't see it.  She plain outright ignored Dylan.  Blatantly without regret and then on top of it using her own son and his "legacy" to elevate herself.


You seem to be trying to fully place the blame of Dylan's actions in his parents lap. Mainly his mother's. The blame rests with two people only, Eric and Dylan. No matter who bullied them, no matter what mental issues they suffered from, no matter how they were or were not raised. They decided to do this, they were not forced into it. They chose to try to blow up hundreds of innocent people. When that failed they instead gunned down 13, then took their own lives.  Nothing will ever excuse or justify what they did.

As I have said before, I do feel sympathy for both E&D. I feel both were in desperate need of help.  But lets place the blame where it ultimately belongs, and that is with Eric and Dylan, not their parents.

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein


Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentprocess

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2017-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:12 pm

You may do that.  I have no issue with it whatsoever.  I believe differently, I believe we are a product of our environment.

When the USSR lost power and citizens had somewhat a semblance of freedom.  Why did some Russians only have one cow?  They could finally own more but they wouldn't buy more.  They were told for years that they could only own one cow.  They have a choice though don't they?  No, not in their minds.  

After someone is forced to believe something for years, it becomes who they are.  That's is on Sue.  Sure he chose.  He chose to escape what he viewed as a miserable life, one brought on by his parents expectations of him.  Your basically saying the egg came first and I the chicken.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 665
Join date : 2017-03-03
Location : TN./VA.

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:24 pm

silentprocess wrote:
You may do that.  I have no issue with it whatsoever.  I believe differently, I believe we are a product of our environment.

When the USSR lost power and citizens had somewhat a semblance of freedom.  Why did some Russians only have one cow?  They could finally own more but they wouldn't buy more.  They were told for years that they could only own one cow.  They have a choice though don't they?  No, not in their minds.  

After someone is forced to believe something for years, it becomes who they are.  That's is on Sue.  Sure he chose.  He chose to escape what he viewed as a miserable life, one brought on by his parents expectations of him.  Your basically saying the egg came first and I the chicken.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.


As I said before, we could argue this until the end of time, and we would still never see eye to eye. SO lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that. Very Happy

_________________
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche


I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaylorsMom

avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-01-05
Age : 34
Location : Greene, ME

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:22 pm

Am I the only one here that got a good laugh out of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] comment?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

avatar

Posts : 3281
Join date : 2013-03-22
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
silentprocess wrote:
Never do anything that will give us a bad name, image means everything to her.


Dylan! You had one job!

I thought that was good too.

Don't forget that both Eric & Dylan praised and mocked their parents.

_________________
Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 33
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold   Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 am

I actually do agree with a couple of points the original poster picks up on. The thing about Sue holding Dylan and having the feeling he will bring great sorrow disturbs me somewhat. Why would she even come out with that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
The self-righteous arrogance of Sue Klebold
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Righteous and Free OOC (1x1 sign up)
» Sword & Shield
» Custom Changes to Dalelands Beyond
» A Righteous Challenge

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: