Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Blaming Eric vs Blaming Dylan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Erosion271

PostSubject: Re: Blaming Eric vs Blaming Dylan   Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:07 am

Actually Dylan does say that he blamed his parents in his journals and the basement tapes. Eric doesn't come out and say he blames his mom and dad, but he does say that maybe his parents made some mistakes along the way that they were not aware of.[/quote]

Do you think that perhaps dylan said that in a moment of anger rather than TRULY blaming them? Let's not take everything Eric and Dylan said literally shall we? I terms of TRUE blame i don't think they blamed the parents at all, the basement tapes support the fact they did still love them and that it wasn't their fault.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Blaming Eric vs Blaming Dylan   Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Do you think that perhaps dylan said that in a moment of anger rather than TRULY blaming them? Let's not take everything Eric and Dylan said literally shall we? I terms of TRUE blame i don't think they blamed the parents at all, the basement tapes support the fact they did still love them and that it wasn't their fault.

The question was simply who did they blame?

Dylan does in fact say he blames his family, more so then Eric. Maybe he honestly meant it, maybe he didn't. Either way E&D placed blame on a wide assortment of places/people/things. Which is why I said it would be harder to find something they didn't blame.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Blaming Eric vs Blaming Dylan   Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

Dylan also tried to blame just about everyone. From random family members he had not seen in years to children at his daycare center from 15 years prior.

Dylan was grabbing at straws to blame everyone and everything but himself.

Eric did this a bit as well, but he also in the end stated that the only real ones to blame were him and Dylan. Whether or not this was truly how he felt lies within Eric alone but at least he didn't blame daycare children

View user profile
thedude11

PostSubject: Re: Blaming Eric vs Blaming Dylan   Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 pm

You're also forgetting how much Dylan enjoyed killing. He was frantic during the whole thing, Eric was quiet. Honestly, Dylan is more scary and went more psycho, imagine a tall kid yelling, whooping it up and killing without hesitation, his screaming was honestly scary when you hear it on that partial 911 call that we have. I honestly think Dylan's brain was wired differently and he was definitely deranged.

Eric on the other hand, yes he was definitely aggressive (from what we heard, read, analyzed), but I truly believe... If something good happened to his life (could've been anything, popularity, being liked by people, just for once feeling of being relaxed at school), or maybe if he got some kind of counseling, anything, just someone slapping him back to reality and telling him "look there's this, stop obsessing and dreaming about bullshit", I don't think he'd do it.

And yes I do agree it was Dylan's idea, he planted a seed in Eric's head and he just obsessed with it and they went along with it, together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Blaming Eric vs Blaming Dylan   Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:51 am

For better or worse Eric had a lot more follow through.

It is interesting though Dylan seemed to hide his anger and came off as more of an awkward, shy kid with a temper but sweet to those who knew him. Eric seemed to be known as the angrier one. Or Brooks Brown saying they were weird and like Napoleon Dynamite but not funny and others saying they made them laugh constantly and were sweet normal kids. Granted we all perceive people differently. I was speaking to an old friend today and I was talking about how mean I was back in HS and how I'm kind of cranky pants now and she said she had no clue what I was talking about that I have always been sweet and bubbly. One of my exes called me a creepy weirdo and another ex has nothing but nice things to say about me, we just grew apart after 7 years together and he says I was a smart, sweet and funny gal.

In SKs book she talked about a treatment facility that Dylan could have gone to but diversion seemed like a better option. I think he would have done well if he was honest about what he was going through. Which is a big thing in therapy. I do believe he was depressed though. The highs and lows, the lack of personal hygiene, falling asleep in class etc. Among other things that were not diagnosed.

I'm rambling now, I'm on my second glass of reisling. Good Night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Blaming Eric vs Blaming Dylan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2