Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cafeteria/car bombs

Go down 
+5
1Mare1
Lizpuff
STK
TheSpiral
KNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KNE

Contribution Points : 59799
Forum Reputation : 0

Cafeteria/car bombs Empty
PostSubject: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 pm

The bombs that failed were such a big screw up, there was zero chance of those propane tanks exploding, that I wonder if it was deliberate

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 3:48 am

It wasn't. They probably got the idea from moives and video games, and genuenly thought that propane explodes like that.
Their 9mm weapons couldn't even pierce the tanks.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 am

Columbine was always meant to be a bombing. Which is why E&D tried so hard to get them to blow. The bombs failing was definitely not part of the plan.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 am

Why wouldn't you assume it was deliberate? Why would they take the tremendous time and effort required to make bombs if they didn't intend for them to explode?

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 8:37 am

I think Eric had read enough crappy books about bombs to think he could do it. And I think there was rushing as well. They did not do testing on the bombs and did not get the propane until that morning.

I think Eric was just too full of himself thinking it would work because he was so great at building bombs.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 60819
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 9:54 am

They were bad at planning when you look at it. They didn't even have a plan B in case something goes wrong, which was the case.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:14 am

1Mare1 wrote:
They were bad at planning when you look at it. They didn't even have a plan B in case something goes wrong, which was the case.

I have always thought this too. Both were overly confident of Eric's bomb making expertise. They didn't seem to have thought about what the next step would be if something failed, or didn't go as planned.
Back to top Go down
KNE

Contribution Points : 59799

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 am

True, I guess they only thought of what they would get in the end (Eric: to kil, Dylan: to die), they just seemed smarter than that. I'm almost disappointed

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:37 am

Eric got the idea for the bombs out of a book. The actual plans for the bomb did not include propane. He just substituted it with propane. That's why he thought they'd explode instantly. If he would have built the bomb correctly, it would have exploded instantly.

Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 60819
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:40 am

KNE wrote:
True,  I guess they only thought of what they would get in the end (Eric: to kil,  Dylan: to die), they just seemed smarter than that.  I'm almost disappointed

Eric was just as suicidal as Dylan, and Dylan was just as homicidal as Eric. Why do people still think Dylan was a follower?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 pm

TheSpiral wrote:
It wasn't. They probably got the idea from moives and video games, and genuenly thought that propane explodes like that.

I actually think Eric got it from "The Anarchist Cookbook"
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 2:13 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
TheSpiral wrote:

The Anarchist Cookbook is known to be faulty and unreliable. There have been many incidents of people hurting themselves while trying to build stuff from that book.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 5:56 pm

TheSpiral wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:
TheSpiral wrote:

The Anarchist Cookbook is known to be faulty and unreliable. There have been many incidents of people hurting themselves while trying to build stuff from that book.
Yes, he did get the directions from that book. I've read the same book that he did and I saw the directions for the bomb myself. It did not call for propane. I have no idea why he decided to use propane or what made him think propane would make an instant exploding bomb.

Eric was under the impression that the timer would go off and the bomb would instantly explode. He didn't do his research because if he did, he'd know propane starts out as a liquid and takes awhile to expand enough to explode.

The bombs were also one of three topics about Columbine that I was interested in and for the longest time, I could not figure out how the hell Eric thought these bombs were going to cause an instant explosion. Then I read the book and it finally made sense.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Eric/Dylan's coworker(s) @ Black Jack Pizza also informed them of using propane for an explosion.
Back to top Go down
WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 81079

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Jenn wrote:
TheSpiral wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:
TheSpiral wrote:

Yes, he did get the directions from that book. I've read the same book that he did and I saw the directions for the bomb myself. It did not call for propane. I have no idea why he decided to use propane or what made him think propane would make an instant exploding bomb.

Eric was under the impression that the timer would go off and the bomb would instantly explode. He didn't do his research because if he did, he'd know propane starts out as a liquid and takes awhile to expand enough to explode.

The bombs were also one of three topics about Columbine that I was interested in and for the longest time, I could not figure out how the hell Eric thought these bombs were going to cause an instant explosion. Then I read the book and it finally made sense.

That is very interesting, care to elaborate a little more Jenn?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 5:52 pm

WhereHateRunsRed wrote:
Jenn wrote:
TheSpiral wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:
TheSpiral wrote:

That is very interesting, care to elaborate a little more Jenn?

I don't think that anyone can elaborate further. Doing so would almost be like giving instructions on the bomb, which is very much against the rules here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria/car bombs   Cafeteria/car bombs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cafeteria/car bombs
Page 1 of 1