Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded

Go down 
+5
QuestionMark
Naze Warbled
1Mare1
Ainjel
sscc
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Empty
PostSubject: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 1:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There isn't much information yet but it sounds like the perpetrator was stopped by a staff member after killing a student that tried to stop him and wounding three more.

A student said that he had friends and was not bullied, that he was "nice and funny and weird" but that he was obsessed with other school shootings. The article says that he came to the school with a pistol, rifle and a duffel bag so I wonder if this is another Columbine copycat.
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 65108
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 6:41 am

Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 60819
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 10:08 am

I found a youtube channel which re-uploaded his videos, another E&D copycat.

Back to top Go down
Naze Warbled

Naze Warbled

Contribution Points : 62049

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 1:26 pm

How exactly did the staff member "stop" him? i mean he had gun.. was he shocked after killing the student or something?

Not every man who goes to war dies, some wind up dead
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Naze Warbled wrote:
How exactly did the staff member "stop" him? i mean he had gun.. was he shocked after killing the student or something?

Probably tackled him. Just a second of distraction could destroy one's plan easily, especially if it's a teenage boy with no advanced training.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 2:32 pm

1Mare1 wrote:

It's weird, I don't even think this guy was alive when Columbine happened. Most copycats were alive when it happened.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 3:30 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:

It's weird, I don't even think this guy was alive when Columbine happened. Most copycats were alive when it happened.
I don't find it weird at all. Eric and Dylan are the most infamous school shooters, it makes sense someone with a predisposition to commit a school shooting would show an interest in previous school shootings.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 4:26 pm

His channel doesn't seem to have anything about Columbine....
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 8:18 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
His channel doesn't seem to have anything about Columbine....

His channel doesn't exist, it was deleted by Youtube on the day of the shooting. You are talking about the channel which re-uploaded his videos.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 12:37 pm

The gunman, 15 year old Caleb Sharpe, brought both an AR and a pistol to school, using a duffel bag to carry the rifle. He pulled the rifle out and tried to load it but the AR immediately jammed and then he pulled out a pistol as a classmate approached him saying, "I knew you would shoot up the school." He shot and killed the boy (who Caleb said bullied him but who he did not target specifically) and then shot three girls before the pistol also jammed. Then he surrendered to a janitor who approached him, dropping to the ground until authorities arrived.

He was seeing a school counselor after expressing suicidal thoughts and he had also previously informed other students at the school that he was going to "do something stupid" which could get him arrested or killed.

Last edited by sscc on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 12:51 pm

sscc wrote:

He was seeing a school counselor after expressing suicidal thoughts and he had also previously informed other students at the school that he was going to "do something stupid" which could get him arrested or killed.

Funny how people go full paranoid when someone wears a trench coat at school, but when someone gives open red flags like that kid, they act blind. Where were the parents, and did they have any knowledge of their son's behavior?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 1:30 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
sscc wrote:

Funny how people go full paranoid when someone wears a trench coat at school, but when someone gives open red flags like that kid, they act blind. Where were the parents, and did they have any knowledge of their son's behavior?

One news report states he had lost his father sometime this Summer.
Back to top Go down
Naze Warbled

Naze Warbled

Contribution Points : 62049

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 1:50 pm

sscc wrote:

The gunman, 15 year old Caleb Sharpe, brought both an AR and a pistol to school, using a duffel bag to carry the rifle. He pulled the rifle out and tried to load it but the AR immediately jammed and then he pulled out a pistol as a classmate approached him saying, "I knew you would shoot up the school." He shot and killed the boy (who Caleb said bullied him but who he did not target him specifically) and then shot three girls before the pistol also jammed. Then he surrendered to a janitor who approached him, dropping to the ground until authorities arrived.

Just imagine how triggered he must had been at that moment. Finally executing his plan and all the guns like shits on his face and jams.

Not every man who goes to war dies, some wind up dead
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 2:01 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Not sure if that's legitimate, but shouldn't that just give more reasons to watch him? Children are crippled through the period of realizing they just lost their parent. He had all red flags for sure.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 2:48 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Not sure if that's legitimate, but shouldn't that just give more reasons to watch him? Children are crippled through the period of realizing they just lost their parent. He had all red flags for sure.
Actually, it turns out that it was the victim's father who was killed this summer.

Quote :
The student who was killed, a 15-year-old sophomore, was still mourning the unexpected death of his father, who was crushed beneath a motorhome he was working on in June.

"Half her family is gone," Knezovich said of the victim's mother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 2:49 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

From the little known about him so far, he did seem to be very troubled. I'm just wondering how the notes that he passed to friends saying that he was going to do something like this not get more attention? One report stated that one of the notes had been given to the school counselor by his friend. I wonder how they didn't think it was a serious matter?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 2:51 pm

sscc wrote:
Actually, it turns out that it was the victim's father who was killed this summer.

Quote :
The student who was killed, a 15-year-old sophomore, was still mourning the unexpected death of his father, who was crushed beneath a motorhome he was working on in June.

Thank you for correcting me! Very Happy I didn't read through it well enough apparently.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 2:55 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

One report stated that one of the notes had been given to the school counselor by his friend. I wonder how they didn't think it was a serious matter?

Indeed. Everyone is paranoid when it's not needed, but fails to detect the obvious signs. Similar mistake happened when Dylan wrote that story in creative writing.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 3:30 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
From the little known about him so far, he did seem to be very troubled. I'm just wondering how the notes that he passed to friends saying that he was going to do something like this not get more attention? One report stated that one of the notes had been given to the school counselor by his friend. I wonder how they didn't think it was a serious matter?
I was kind of horrified when I read the sheriff's take on it.
Quote :
Asked if warning signals had been missed, Sheriff Knezovich said, "They are always missed" and that the school should not be blamed.
I hope he was misquoted because it's a ridiculous thing to say. It's not that the signs are "always" missed, it's just that there isn't a mass shooting when the signs are taken seriously so we never hear about it. I don't know how honest this kid was with his counselor but if they didn't inform his parents and ask him to explain exactly what he meant by what he wrote in the note then they seriously failed him (and all of his victims) and they should certainly be blamed.

And it seems that the parents failed him as well. The kid was in counseling because he was suicidal but they let him have access to the family's guns. Even if they had no idea about the mass shooting glorification, they still had an obligation to restrict his access to that gun safe if they wanted to protect him. A gun safe is not any use at all if a suicidal kid has the combination.

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Thank you for correcting me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I didn't read through it well enough apparently.
No problem. Happens to us all sometimes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 5:15 pm

sscc wrote:

I was kind of horrified when I read the sheriff's take on it.
Quote :
Asked if warning signals had been missed, Sheriff Knezovich said, "They are always missed" and that the school should not be blamed.
I hope he was misquoted because it's a ridiculous thing to say. It's not that the signs are "always" missed, it's just that there isn't a mass shooting when the signs are taken seriously so we never hear about it. I don't know how honest this kid was with his counselor but if they didn't inform his parents and ask him to explain exactly what he meant by what he wrote in the note then they seriously failed him (and all of his victims) and they should certainly be blamed.

And it seems that the parents failed him as well. The kid was in counseling because he was suicidal but they let him have access to the family's guns. Even if they had no idea about the mass shooting glorification, they still had an obligation to restrict his access to that gun safe if they wanted to protect him. A gun safe is not any use at all if a suicidal kid has the combination

I agree, if the parents knew he was suicidal why the hell did he still have access to guns? I'm also wanting to hear what the counselor has to say.
Back to top Go down
pessimist

Contribution Points : 60241

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Fuck, I knew shootings were going to happen this school year, but I didn't expect one to happen so early. If he was suicidal, I wonder why he didn't kill himself? Or why he stopped shooting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:38 pm

pessimist wrote:
Or why he stopped shooting?

From the news reports both guns jammed.
Back to top Go down
pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Ah, gotcha. I still wonder why he chose to give himself up if he was truly suicidal. You'd think he'd bring some kind of backup of some kind like at the very least a homemade explosive device as a last measure of sorts. I bet he feels pretty fucking stupid having only killed 1 person and is now likely spending the rest of his life in prison over high school bullying that would've only lasted a few more years at most.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:42 pm

pessimist wrote:
If he was suicidal, I wonder why he didn't kill himself?

Some suicidal people feel their suicide is not going to cause any significance and people will move on like nothing happened next day, and out of misery and rage they want to take other lives with them. This is one of the reasons mass shootings happen.
Back to top Go down
pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:45 pm

I know that, I meant after he was done shooting why he didn't kill himself, but now I learned that his guns jammed so I guess that answers my question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:46 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
pessimist wrote:
If he was suicidal, I wonder why he didn't kill himself?

Some suicidal people feel their suicide is not going to cause any significance and people will move on like nothing happened next day.

Would you go as far to say that some suicidal people do not kill themselves out of spite? If in their own minds, they think that their death would have no effect on the people around them, do they stay alive to punish those people?
Back to top Go down
pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:53 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Would you go as far to say that some suicidal people do not kill themselves out of spite? If in their own minds, they think that their death would have no effect on the people around them, do they stay alive to punish those people?

Oh definitely, this is kind of similar, but I've seen people before who have been encouraged/bullied into committing suicide by others before, but have purposefully not done it just to spite the other person who they hate. It's honestly kind of crazy how a bit of reverse psychology can actually stop someone from choosing to end their own lives. However, I'd imagine that it probably only works with someone who's not entirely sure that they want to commit suicide yet. I'd imagine if someone is extremely and severely suicidal, there isn't much anyone can do to stop them from killing themselves. Those are the types of people who will endure any kind of physical suffering just to die, and don't care about the rest of the world or what other people think of them by that point.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

It is not uncommon. If the weapons didn't jam, this shooting would have had a different ending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Wait don't want to misinform, as there seem to be conflicting stories on if only one or both of his weapons jammed. Either way the first jammed, and the second either jammed or he just surrendered when he was approached. Still trying to read whats been released on this case.
Back to top Go down
pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:58 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Wait don't want to misinform, as there seem to be conflicting stories on if only one or both of his weapons jammed. Either way the first jammed, and the second either jammed or he just surrendered when he was approached.

Yeah, that's where I'm confused too. I read an article saying that it was only his first pistol that jammed, but some people here are saying both jammed? Does anyone have any credible facts yet?
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:00 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Wait don't want to misinform, as there seem to be conflicting stories on if only one or both of his weapons jammed. Either way the first jammed, and the second either jammed or he just surrendered when he was approached. Still trying to read whats been released on this case.

Can't trust the media these days, but the first article says his rifle and his pistol were both jammed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:00 pm

pessimist wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Wait don't want to misinform, as there seem to be conflicting stories on if only one or both of his weapons jammed. Either way the first jammed, and the second either jammed or he just surrendered when he was approached.

Yeah, that's where I'm confused too. I read an article saying that it was only his first pistol that jammed, but some people here are saying both jammed? Does anyone have any credible facts yet?

LOL! Credible facts seem very hard to come by when things like this happen. Mainly because the media just rush to crank out something about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:05 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
Can't trust the media these days

I agree, the media is why I have trust issues. Very Happy If I didn't see it with my own eyes, hear it with my own ears, then it didn't happen. I'm very skeptical. LOL
Back to top Go down
pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:06 pm

lmao true, it really says a lot about the modern media in how you can find more credible facts from some random youtube video that actually took the time to research the attack then the actual mainstream news channel which we're supposed to trust. No wonder they've had such a shitty reputation recently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:08 pm

pessimist wrote:
lmao true, it really says a lot about the modern media in how you can find more credible facts from some random youtube video that actually took the time to research the attack then the actual mainstream news channel which we're supposed to trust.

My thoughts EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:08 pm

I think even Eric mentioned something about the media in his writings:

Eric Harris wrote:

You know what I love? Freedom of speech!
You know what I hate? Freedom of press!
Back to top Go down
pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:11 pm

1Mare1 wrote:

Eric Harris wrote:

Holy shit I've never read that quote before, this deserves to be printed out and framed over every major news outlet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:14 pm

1Mare1 wrote:

Eric Harris wrote:

I believe in freedom of press. I just wish they would make sure that the truth is told. Sadly News now days is bought and sold to the highest bidder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 5:55 am

The incompetence of mass shooters saves more than anything else could.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 am

awsomehq wrote:
The incompetence of mass shooters saves more than anything else could.
High schools contain dozens of rooms that have only one exit, upwards of 20 or 30 people, and minimal cover. If the next guy to attack one actually thinks about that, then will have a hell of a lot more casualties than one dead three injured.
Back to top Go down
pessimist

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:11 am

The problem is that so many can be stopped by literally a locked door. All it takes is a couple of shots fired and the entire school is under lockdown. Then the kid will walk around for a couple of minutes before they either kill themselves or the resource officer on campus comes in and tackles them. I never understood why so many kids just go into the hallways and start shooting when they could get a much higher body count if they just shot up one specific classroom and barricaded the entrance to delay police time. Kind of like what Cho did.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:25 pm

pessimist wrote:
I never understood why so many kids just go into the hallways and start shooting when they could get a much higher body count if they just shot up one specific classroom and barricaded the entrance to delay police time. Kind of like what Cho did.

Sooner or later, there will be. It's just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 6:47 am

QuestionMark wrote:
pessimist wrote:
I never understood why so many kids just go into the hallways and start shooting when they could get a much higher body count if they just shot up one specific classroom and barricaded the entrance to delay police time. Kind of like what Cho did.

Sooner or later, there will be. It's just a matter of time.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that. Sooner or later someone will make that connection and the results will be catastrophic.

I truly hope that school administrations across the world are trying to think of better ways to ensure the safety of their students if faced with an Active Shooter situation.  Shooter drills are ok, but you could practice that everyday and you would still find yourself at a gunman's mercy if you were trapped in a room that had only one entry and exit door. Having more then one exit to all rooms would be a good first step.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Well it's official; The shooter, Caleb Sharpe, has got himself a page on schoolshooters.info. Ironically, the page contains little information.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:30 pm

STK wrote:
Well it's official; The shooter, Caleb Sharpe, has got himself a page on schoolshooters.info. Ironically, the page contains little information.

It's probably gonna take some time before relevant and credible information can be put there.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 4:54 am

STK wrote:
Ironically, the page contains little information.
Don't see how that's ironic but ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Could this incident have ended up like Stoneman Douglas?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Could this incident have ended up like Stoneman Douglas?
Depends how good Caleb was with his AR-15.

Last edited by Tommy QTR on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm

AR-15 must be an easy gun to Shoot with, just look at Martin Bryant's results.....
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
AR-15 must be an easy gun to Shoot with, just look at Martin Bryant's results.....
Martin Byrant also shot at close range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded   Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freeman High School Shooting - 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next