Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide

Go down 
+9
sororityalpha
Lavitax
Kiwik
Screamingophelia
pessimist
TheSpiral
Jenn
1Mare1
DooMRebel
13 posters
AuthorMessage
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Jenn wrote:

I saw the pictures of her leaving prison, all laughing and smiling. I'm normally not a violent person, but I would have loved to punch her in her shit grinning face.
Any person with an IQ higher than 1 would want to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 7:55 pm

deleted

Last edited by mordupen on Thu May 24, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:11 am

mordupen wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That poor little baby lost her life after suffering every single day of her short life and this bitch gets to rejoin society and she's still young too. She can have more kids if she wants, get married and still live a long, full life. It just makes me so sad thinking about that adorable little baby and everything she went through.

The kid is gone. Regardless if it died from a beating or in its sleep It's not feeling much of anything as of now. Plus better a baby than a 5-year-old for example.

Wow. All children are defenseless. But this comment.....just wow

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 am

Lizpuff wrote:
mordupen wrote:
That poor little baby lost her life after suffering every single day of her short life and this bitch gets to rejoin society and she's still young too. She can have more kids if she wants, get married and still live a long, full life. It just makes me so sad thinking about that adorable little baby and everything she went through.

The kid is gone. Regardless if it died from a beating or in its sleep It's not feeling much of anything as of now. Plus better a baby than a 5-year-old for example.

Wow.  All children are defenseless.  But this comment.....just wow

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I completely agree. I was going to comment on that, but knew there was no way to keep it civil so I didn't. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:17 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
mordupen wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I completely agree. I was going to comment on that, but knew there was no way to keep it civil so I didn't. Evil or Very Mad

I mean I guess it is a good thing that she is no longer being subjected to abuse on a daily basis, but how she had to get there.... it might just be the mother in me but I can't for the life of me think that beating any child is better than others. Sad

There is a special place in hell for that mother. That is all I have to say

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:22 am

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
mordupen wrote:

I mean I guess it is a good thing that she is no longer being subjected to abuse on a daily basis, but how she had to get there.... it might just be the mother in me but I can't for the life of me think that beating any child is better than others.  Sad

There is a special place in hell for that mother. That is all I have to say

EXACTLY! I would hate to think of the things I would do to anyone who ever hurt my children, or even attempted to hurt them.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:30 am

No one was even looking out for her either. Someone to get her out of the home into a good family to take care of her. I'm not sure what her life would have been like anyway with all the abuse she sustained but who knows? She could have had a fighting chance.

It's another reason I get annoyed when people compare Lanza to E&D, I have no interest in looking into Sandy Hook because there is a huge different in my mind between teens killing teens and an adult killing 6 year olds. Neither are right in any way but I can have empathy for E&D but others like James Holmes and Lanza, I don't at all.

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
It's another reason I get annoyed when people compare Lanza to E&D, I have no interest in looking into Sandy Hook because there is a huge different in my mind between teens killing teens and an adult killing 6 year olds. Neither are right in any way but I can have empathy for E&D but others like James Holmes and Lanza, I don't at all.
You're not alone. I see this distinction drawn time and again. Adam was only a couple of years older than Eric and Dylan and he was developmentally impaired in a way that Eric and Dylan were not. The choice of victims in the two cases was certainly different but if you acknowledge that murder is murder, then how do you maintain empathy for murderers of defenseless youth but draw a line when you subtract ten years from the ages of victims? Since Holmes did not target children, that doesn't seem to be what is drawing this line in your mind after all. Maybe you can just relate to the lives and personalities of Eric and Dylan more than Holmes and Lanza?

I guess my main question would be, what is the distinguishing factor which allows you to maintain empathy for Eric and Dylan that you find lacking in other mass killers?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 pm

I can relate to Eric and Dylan a lot more and I still maintain that because it happened when I was 17 I look at it through those eyes, even though I'm older now. I was bullied, had a few cursory friends, came from a "good" family, was the good kid but full of a ton of anger and probably would be someone that if an Eric or Dylan came my way and said "we should blow up the school" back then I may have said "hell yea' when Columbine happened it scared me because of that. Through researching them and learning I really feel like they would have been guys that I would have been friends with, mainly Dylan, at least we would have known each other through the theatre. I was one of the ones that reached out to Sue Klebold, I called her and we talked for a while back in 2000.

The other shootings like Aurora, I'm looking at as an adult. James Holmes was mentally ill (but so were Eric and Dylan but they seemed to be able to maintain more of a front) him being alive takes away the mystique too.

Columbine hits me in the gut every time. I also started off in the yahoo groups back when it first happened. We raised money for the victims families and while yes we were young and talked about how cute they were but never condoning of course we tried to do some good.

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I can relate to Eric and Dylan a lot more and I still maintain that because it happened when I was 17 I look at it through those eyes, even though I'm older now. I was bullied, had a few cursory friends, came from a "good" family, was the good kid but full of a ton of anger and probably would be someone that if an Eric or Dylan came my way and said "we should blow up the school" back then I may have said "hell yea' when Columbine happened it scared me because of that. Through researching them and learning I really feel like they would have been guys that I would have been friends with, mainly Dylan, at least we would have known each other through the theatre. I was one of the ones that reached out to Sue Klebold, I called her and we talked for a while back in 2000.

The other shootings like Aurora, I'm looking at as an adult. James Holmes was mentally ill (but so were Eric and Dylan but they seemed to be able to maintain more of a front) him being alive takes away the mystique too.

Columbine hits me in the gut every time. I also started off in the yahoo groups back when it first happened. We raised money for the victims families and while yes we were young and talked about how cute they were but never condoning of course we tried to do some good.
Thank you for your response. It seems that a lot of people who are drawn to Columbine can understand to some extent what Eric and Dylan were feeling, whether they were teens when it happened, are teens when they first hear about it or just because they can remember how unpleasant and confusing it was to be a teenager.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 8:51 pm

You're welcome. I'm glad I could shed some light. There are some people who think I condone what they did, I don't at all what so ever. I found their actions that day vile of course.

Though when I need a laugh I do go back and read my old yahoo posts from 99/2000 the misspellings and the saltiness PLUS the lack of info, kind of hysterical. I passionately stated the Shoels were only suing the families of Eric and Dylan for money and Cassie's parents would NEVER do such a thing.. sighs.... sighs...
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
You're welcome. I'm glad I could shed some light. There are some people who think I condone what they did, I don't at all what so ever. I found their actions that day vile of course.
I just want to let you know that I wasn't suggesting that you condone their actions. Unless someone implies that they approve of Eric and Dylan's violence, I always assume that their empathy is well-meaning and not hateful.

To clarify, my question was more to the point of why it's so easy for many people to see Eric and Dylan as human beings deserving of empathy while others are placed squarely in the "monster" category with no grey area and what factors dictate the boundaries of this distinction.

I won't pretend that I feel empathy for every person who has ever lived, so I can understand that we all draw distinctions in our mind, but I suspect that the difference here is based more on whether we feel that we can understand (and sometimes relate to) a person as a whole human being outside of their acts of violence than it is based on any particular aspect of the violence itself. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me. So, if someone knows nothing about a person aside from the horrible acts they engaged in, then there is no reason for them to have any empathy. Of course, some would probably argue that you don't really need to know any more than what they've done to make a judgment but as we see with Eric and Dylan, it might be a bit more complicated than that.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks SSCC, I didn't take it that way, I always feel the need to say that whenever I talk about them.

I think about that a lot too. I see E&D as two kids that got angry and tangled up in something that they couldn't and didn't want to get out of. Their friendship was really strong and you wonder what they could have done if they focused their energy on some positive things and worked together.

You are absolutely right, if you don't look into a case and you ONLY know what they did that day and read about the horrible things Dylan said on that day for example and how they were joking and just being horrible you wouldn't have empathy.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide   X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-Ray of Eric's head after the suicide
Page 1 of 1