Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New TV Show About Active Shooters

Go down 
+12
Acid84
Juicy Jazzy
InsaneIntruder
Tuga
Screamingophelia
sscc
PredBull
QuestionMark
Smiggles94
abstractsmigs
STK
Ainjel
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ainjel

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 65108
Forum Reputation : 0

New TV Show About Active Shooters Empty
PostSubject: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 10:09 pm

So while I was watching Showtime tonight, I saw the advertisement for a new series called Active Shooter: America Under Fire.  Here is the trailer that they are advertising.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 11:16 pm

AWESOME! With the comparatively large amount of TV Shows/Movies dedicated to serial killers, I'm glad to see that some about mass shooters are finally appearing.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

Contribution Points : 71223

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Showtime has quality content, I'm interested in this.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 69924
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 10:22 am

Looks good actually
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:19 pm

STK wrote:
AWESOME! With the comparatively large amount of TV Shows/Movies dedicated to serial killers, I'm glad to see that some about mass shooters are finally appearing.

IKR? Serial killers have become overused and boring, mass murder is far more interesting nowadays.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:23 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
STK wrote:

IKR? Serial killers have become overused and boring, mass murder is far more interesting nowadays.
I couldn't really get into serial killers, because they usually end up being character studies, and the character is always "sexually maladjusted psychopath".  “Serial killers are lame. Everyone knows that mass murderers are the cool kids".

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
PredBull

Contribution Points : 65527

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 2:56 pm

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
STK wrote:

I couldn't really get into serial killers, because they usually end up being character studies, and the character is always "sexually maladjusted psychopath".  “Serial killers are lame. Everyone knows that mass murderers are the cool kids".
Is this a lanza quote?
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 3:56 pm

PredBull wrote:
STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
STK wrote:

Is this a lanza quote?
Yes

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 5:51 pm

The show will examine shooter incidents like Aurora, San Bernardino, Charleston, the DC Navy Yard, Oak Creek, Orlando, and Columbine.

The series was announced by Showtime on September 5, revealing that survivors, families of the victims, and witnesses in the shootings would be part the docuseries and would offer their perspective on what happened in each scenario.

Tonight’s premiere will examine the 2012 mass shooting inside a Century 16 movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Twelve people were killed in the audience, and 70 were injured– the largest number of casualties in a shooting in the US.

So, did anyone watch the premiere about Aurora? I'd like to watch it but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm curious about how much the witnesses and surviving victims will be participating and adding to the conversation. Also curious about what angle they're going for and whether there is any particular agenda they're going to push as a simple solution to the mass shooting problem (mental health, gun control, ?) or whether it will be an honest exploration of the issue with more complex conclusions.

I would like to see a Sandy Hook episode but I'm guessing that isn't going to happen or it would have been on the list above.
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 7:08 pm

So I did watch this. The documentary is pretty much from the viewpoint of the first responders, police, hospital staff, and victims/families. It doesn't go into great detail about the event itself other than a brief description of what James Holmes did while in the theater and the emergency response afterward. One victims family describes how they are now pushing for the No Notoriety movement. There aren't really any new ideas on how to prevent these events. They did talk about James Holmes a little bit. I thought it was interesting enough to watch the next episode.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 8:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think I will probably watch it even if it's nothing new. From your description, it actually sounds a lot like the documentary 'Newtown' about Sandy Hook. That focused on first responders' recollections and the experience of victims' families as well as their attempts to influence public policy after the shooting instead of the shooter.

Thanks for the information!
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 8:24 pm

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
STK wrote:

I like character studies, I'm just tired of hearing about serial killers when the vast majority of them are old news. There's nothing that hasn't already been said about them.

Ainjel wrote:
So I did watch this.  The documentary is pretty much from the viewpoint of the first responders, police, hospital staff, and victims/families.  It doesn't go into great detail about the event itself other than a brief description of what James Holmes did while in the theater and the emergency response afterward.  One victims family describes how they are now pushing for the No Notoriety movement.  There aren't really any new ideas on how to prevent these events. They did talk about James Holmes a little bit.  I thought it was interesting enough to watch the next episode.

That all? I was expecting an in-depth look into the psychology of a mass murderer, how they planned things, what warning signs were missed, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Yeah I wanted to hear a little more about what drove him to go through with the mass shooting but all they basically talked about was whether or not he was sane. They did interview the doctor who performed the psychological tests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 10:11 pm

Expanding on what Ainjel already shared:

• Most of it was the police/medical staff talking about the crisis, like having to transport the injured in police cars, learning a little girl was among the victims, lack of hospital beds, etc.
  • 2 victims who survived being shot recall their experience from arriving at the movie to arriving at the hospital. One of them talks about testifying in court, and the chronic pain they now live with.
  • A mother and father talk about their son, who died protecting his girlfriend. They're also the ones who speak about the No Notoriety movement.
  • The psychiatrist who had to determine if James was legally sane said James was a quiet but bright kid who never held a gun until graduate school. He mentions James wanting the shooting to be impersonal, being remembered for those orange hair selfies, and "earning a point" for each person he's killed. The planning of the attack taking his mind off his depression/suicidal thoughts is briefly mentioned.
  • The episode ends with a police officer saying "We've seen a change in our society since Columbine. We need to stop whatever's happening. This suspect had everything going for him in his life, and then for whatever reason, decided at that time he was gonna be the worst shooter in US history... and then someone else comes along.... I don't know." The screen then says "in memory of" and lists the victims before the credits roll.
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 3:24 pm

So last nights episode was about San Bernadino. Most of this episode was from the viewpoint of the officers hunting for the suspects. They did delve a little deeper into motive this week with discussion about religious extremism. One of the pieces that stuck out most to me this week was a comment from an officer. He said that after Columbine we now have the responsibility of not waiting and going ahead and eliminating the threat. I can't remember his exact words but this was the idea he was trying to relay. This same officer said that when he entered the scene, he noticed a victim who needed help but he had to make sure the threat was eliminated before delivering first aid. That victim ended up dying before first aid could have been rendered which struck me as rather tragic.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Next Friday is the Columbine episode.

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 1:02 am

I am most interested in the Columbine episode. It won't be anything none of us don't already know, but still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 2:43 pm

are the episodes on yt or will they be on again? i missed a few
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Do you know if they plan on making an episode about Sandy Hook? There has, at least to my knowledge, been no actual live action documentary portraying that shooting. Not to say I will get my hopes up, even if they did do an episode on it, I feel like they won't accurately portray it as they should.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Wirely, I don't see it listed for this season but if it gets picked up I bet they will cover it.

Contribution Points : 63692

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Watched the Aurora episode a few days ago. I wish they had a narrator but they did a good job nonetheless. I like how they showed the point of view from doctors and nurses, I'd love to hear from medical staff that treated Columbine students particularly the critically injured ones. That Aurora survivor who's considering amputating his leg was a really emotionally heavy scene, can't even describe the impact of it really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Tuga wrote:
Watched the Aurora episode a few days ago. I wish they had a narrator but they did a good job nonetheless. I like how they showed the point of view from doctors and nurses, I'd love to hear from medical staff that treated Columbine students particularly the critically injured ones. That Aurora survivor who's considering amputating his leg was a really emotionally heavy scene, can't even describe the impact of it really.

do you know if they re-air old ones?
Back to top Go down
Tuga

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 2:09 pm

-warrior wrote:
Tuga wrote:

I watched it on the internet, Daily Motion specifically. Just google the key words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Tuga wrote:
-warrior wrote:
Tuga wrote:

I watched it on the internet, Daily Motion specifically. Just google the key words.

found em. thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 pm

the santa monica and sikh episodes are very good so far, i like it
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 pm

Here are the highest quality episodes I've found on dailymotion:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica
-warrior wrote:
Yeah, I like how the show has devoted time to lesser known shootings rather than just sticking to the most famous ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 11:42 pm

STK wrote:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica
-warrior wrote:
Yeah, I like how the show has devoted time to lesser known shootings rather than just sticking to the most famous ones.

some of the cctv and interviews i heard in the episodes ive never seen before, cool for sure.. imagine if they interview Johnson or golden
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 am

STK wrote:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica
Thanks STK. If anyone's looking for some sort of TV show or anything like that, check Dailymotion since someone's probably uploaded an episode onto there.
Also off topic, this might be a stupid question, but does your name mean "shoot to kill"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
STK wrote:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica
Thanks STK. If anyone's looking for some sort of TV show or anything like that, check Dailymotion since someone's probably uploaded an episode onto there.
Also off topic, this might be a stupid question, but does your name mean "shoot to kill"?

what is your avatar from, is it a movie or something? ive always wondered
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 pm

-warrior wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
STK wrote:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica

what is your avatar from, is it a movie or something? ive always wondered
I think I found it on tumblr.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 12:22 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Yes. I've always wondered why more mass shooters didn't employ Lanza-esque tactics.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm

STK wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Yes. I've always wondered why more mass shooters didn't employ Lanza-esque tactics.

what exactly are lanza techniques? he didnt even kill every student he encountered(sure it was an error in reloading but he had other weapons). Other shooters basically kill anyone anyway, what did he do that Stephen,Omar, Anders...didnt do
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 pm

-warrior wrote:
what exactly are lanza techniques? he didnt even kill every student he encountered(sure it was an error in reloading but he had other weapons). Other shooters basically kill anyone anyway, what did he do that Stephen,Omar, Anders...didnt do
He focused specifically on targeting the classrooms and the people inside, and hitting his victims multiple times to ensure they were dead (I'm aware that Anders and other shooters have used similar tactics; I refer to them as "Lanza-esque" solely due to my own personal obsession with him). I've always wondered why more shooters don't use such tactics, especially when I hear about some high schooler shooting 4 people in a hallway before being tackled to the ground.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 pm

STK wrote:
-warrior wrote:
He focused specifically on targeting the classrooms and the people inside, and hitting his victims multiple times to ensure they were dead (I'm aware that Anders and other shooters have used similar tactics; I refer to them as "Lanza-esque" solely due to my own personal obsession with him). I've always wondered why more shooters don't use such tactics, especially when I hear about some high schooler shooting 4 people in a hallway before being tackled to the ground.

most high school shooters have little experience like Sharpe, Padgett,Pierson, and others act basically on impulse compared to lanza or paddock whos planning was extremely extensive
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:53 pm

STK wrote:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica
The San Bernardino video was taken down due to copyright.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 6:04 pm

STK wrote:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica

Nice. Any other episodes that have a Dailymotion vid?

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
STK wrote:
Aurora
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Santa Monica

Nice. Any other episodes that have a Dailymotion vid?

i looked and only foudn those, i think there is a dylann roof one but its shit quality
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 am

The Columbine episode is tonight.

I'm interested in hearing everyones thoughts.

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

im not really eexicted, i dont care for columbine. I hope they get to more unknown shootings

im hoping for sandy hook, townville,Northern Illinois University, or one on Mark o Bartons spree
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm interested because of the delay going in to be honest and also how many things changed when it comes to first responders after Columbine.

If there's a season 2 hopefully they will cover some more unknown shootings, it would probably be more interesting for many people who feel inundated by the "big ones"

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I'll watch it only if there's a Dailymotion mirror of it.

sscc

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 3:11 pm

I'd be happy if they did one for NIU also.

I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing but I'm looking forward to the Columbine episode anyway. Ideally, they would interview some people that don't often speak out about their experiences. I'd actually be very interested to hear from some of the officers that were involved in the pre-Columbine incidents, or people who dealt with them while they were in the diversion program or working at Blackjack. I'm guessing that it's definitely not going to happen because they're going to focus on the attack itself but I'd also be interested in hearing some first responder accounts (especially people who were there very early on) or from anyone at Jeffco and that seems like a possibility.

I hope to god that they don't put too much Cullen into the show but based on this
I'm going to guess that this will be a Cullenbine rehash.

I don't care if they put on a dozen different experts to speak all about Eric The Psychopath because it makes enough sense but I can't stand Cullen's rhetoric about Dylan The Reluctant Mass Murderer who was clearly hesitant to kill despite him shooting Lance in the face minutes into the attack.

(And imagine if one of the Harrises made an appearance. Not going to happen but that would be amazing.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 3:12 pm

sscc wrote:
I'd be happy if they did one for NIU also.

I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing but I'm looking forward to the Columbine episode anyway. Ideally, they would interview some people that don't often speak out about their experiences. I'd actually be very interested to hear from some of the officers that were involved in the pre-Columbine incidents, or people who dealt with them while they were in the diversion program or working at Blackjack. I'm guessing that it's definitely not going to happen because they're going to focus on the attack itself but I'd also be interested in hearing some first responder accounts (especially people who were there very early on) or from anyone at Jeffco and that seems like a possibility.

I hope to god that they don't put too much Cullen into the show but based on this
I'm going to guess that this will be a Cullenbine rehash.

I don't care if they put on a dozen different experts to speak all about Eric The Psychopath because it makes enough sense but I can't stand Cullen's rhetoric about Dylan The Reluctant Mass Murderer who was clearly hesitant to kill despite him shooting Lance in the face minutes into the attack.

(And imagine if one of the Harrises made an appearance. Not going to happen but that would be amazing.)

they focus on the attack in the
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 7:53 pm

10 minutes left
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Not on for me yet, but I'm HOPING it is not focused on Cullen's POV of the massacre.

I believe it was Anne Marie H who said she did not like the book, there was a ton of misinformation and it was very overblown and dramatic.

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Not on for me yet, but I'm HOPING it is not focused on Cullen's POV of the massacre.

I believe it was Anne Marie H who said she did not like the book, there was a ton of misinformation and it was very overblown and dramatic.
I am watching it online right now. Cullen is one of the main people explaining the story.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Oy. Is it worth watching? Do we learn anything new?

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Well, Cullen is only one of the people contributing so I won't say it's from his point of view but I'm not even half finished yet. Kate Battan, one of the lead investigators, is explaining the attack as well and Patrick Ireland and Sean Graves are speaking about their own experiences. I think these have been the four main contributors so far but there has been a sentence here and there from others.

There may not be anything that is truly new but if you're into Columbine, why not watch it, right?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:55 pm

I am interested in hearing from Kate Battan and the others. It will probably be interesting.

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 7:19 am

I'll post some stray observations and highlights about the episode. Sean Graves pretty much admits to being bullied himself for his weight and during his last scene he gets emotional and almost sheds a tear, can't figure out what his inner thoughts were at the moment though. Dave Cullen is rather theatrical with his hand movements and comparing the original shooting plan as a III act movie. Coni Sanders talks about how we've become (meaning society) desensitized to this and people calling it the new normal, she concedes that they are right with a sad voice but wishes they weren't and I liked the part when she mentions her sister Angela's response on the police response to Columbine - ''It sucked'', very brief, direct and true. My personal favorite is Tom Mauser's quote near the very end, paraphrasing it here ''Daniel wasn't in the wrong place, in the wrong time. He was in school during school hours, he was in the library''. I really agree with this sentiment. Being in school during school hours is not a wrong time or place to be for a high school student. It's the place and time where and when you expect them to be. The wrong place and wrong time lingo has an implicit victim blaming sentiment to it IMO and also implies that the killers were in the right place and time. Along with ''God's plan'', right up near the top of my most hated ways of thinking. Others thoughts on the episode?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   New TV Show About Active Shooters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New TV Show About Active Shooters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next