Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

New TV Show About Active Shooters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
STK
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also off topic, this might be a stupid question, but does your name mean "shoot to kill"?
Yes. I've always wondered why more mass shooters didn't employ Lanza-esque tactics.

I plan to live in a big, black hole. My firearms will be the only things to fight my isolation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
-warrior
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Also off topic, this might be a stupid question, but does your name mean "shoot to kill"?
Yes. I've always wondered why more mass shooters didn't employ Lanza-esque tactics.

what exactly are lanza techniques? he didnt even kill every student he encountered(sure it was an error in reloading but he had other weapons). Other shooters basically kill anyone anyway, what did he do that Stephen,Omar, Anders...didnt do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 pm

what exactly are lanza techniques? he didnt even kill every student he encountered(sure it was an error in reloading but he had other weapons). Other shooters basically kill anyone anyway, what did he do that Stephen,Omar, Anders...didnt do
He focused specifically on targeting the classrooms and the people inside, and hitting his victims multiple times to ensure they were dead (I'm aware that Anders and other shooters have used similar tactics; I refer to them as "Lanza-esque" solely due to my own personal obsession with him). I've always wondered why more shooters don't use such tactics, especially when I hear about some high schooler shooting 4 people in a hallway before being tackled to the ground.

I plan to live in a big, black hole. My firearms will be the only things to fight my isolation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
-warrior
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 pm

He focused specifically on targeting the classrooms and the people inside, and hitting his victims multiple times to ensure they were dead (I'm aware that Anders and other shooters have used similar tactics; I refer to them as "Lanza-esque" solely due to my own personal obsession with him). I've always wondered why more shooters don't use such tactics, especially when I hear about some high schooler shooting 4 people in a hallway before being tackled to the ground.

most high school shooters have little experience like Sharpe, Padgett,Pierson, and others act basically on impulse compared to lanza or paddock whos planning was extremely extensive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Here are the highest quality episodes I've found on dailymotion:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The San Bernardino video was taken down due to copyright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Nice. Any other episodes that have a Dailymotion vid?

View user profile
-warrior
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Nice. Any other episodes that have a Dailymotion vid?

i looked and only foudn those, i think there is a dylann roof one but its shit quality
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 am

The Columbine episode is tonight.

I'm interested in hearing everyones thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
-warrior
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 pm

im not really eexicted, i dont care for columbine. I hope they get to more unknown shootings

im hoping for sandy hook, townville,Northern Illinois University, or one on Mark o Bartons spree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm interested because of the delay going in to be honest and also how many things changed when it comes to first responders after Columbine.

If there's a season 2 hopefully they will cover some more unknown shootings, it would probably be more interesting for many people who feel inundated by the "big ones"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:57 pm

I'll watch it only if there's a Dailymotion mirror of it.

View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:11 pm

I'd be happy if they did one for NIU also.

I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing but I'm looking forward to the Columbine episode anyway. Ideally, they would interview some people that don't often speak out about their experiences. I'd actually be very interested to hear from some of the officers that were involved in the pre-Columbine incidents, or people who dealt with them while they were in the diversion program or working at Blackjack. I'm guessing that it's definitely not going to happen because they're going to focus on the attack itself but I'd also be interested in hearing some first responder accounts (especially people who were there very early on) or from anyone at Jeffco and that seems like a possibility.

I hope to god that they don't put too much Cullen into the show but based on this
I'm going to guess that this will be a Cullenbine rehash.

I don't care if they put on a dozen different experts to speak all about Eric The Psychopath because it makes enough sense but I can't stand Cullen's rhetoric about Dylan The Reluctant Mass Murderer who was clearly hesitant to kill despite him shooting Lance in the face minutes into the attack.

(And imagine if one of the Harrises made an appearance. Not going to happen but that would be amazing.)

-warrior
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:12 pm

I'd be happy if they did one for NIU also.

I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing but I'm looking forward to the Columbine episode anyway. Ideally, they would interview some people that don't often speak out about their experiences. I'd actually be very interested to hear from some of the officers that were involved in the pre-Columbine incidents, or people who dealt with them while they were in the diversion program or working at Blackjack. I'm guessing that it's definitely not going to happen because they're going to focus on the attack itself but I'd also be interested in hearing some first responder accounts (especially people who were there very early on) or from anyone at Jeffco and that seems like a possibility.

I hope to god that they don't put too much Cullen into the show but based on this
I'm going to guess that this will be a Cullenbine rehash.

I don't care if they put on a dozen different experts to speak all about Eric The Psychopath because it makes enough sense but I can't stand Cullen's rhetoric about Dylan The Reluctant Mass Murderer who was clearly hesitant to kill despite him shooting Lance in the face minutes into the attack.

(And imagine if one of the Harrises made an appearance. Not going to happen but that would be amazing.)

they focus on the attack in the
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-warrior
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:53 pm

10 minutes left
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Not on for me yet, but I'm HOPING it is not focused on Cullen's POV of the massacre.

I believe it was Anne Marie H who said she did not like the book, there was a ton of misinformation and it was very overblown and dramatic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Not on for me yet, but I'm HOPING it is not focused on Cullen's POV of the massacre.

I believe it was Anne Marie H who said she did not like the book, there was a ton of misinformation and it was very overblown and dramatic.
I am watching it online right now. Cullen is one of the main people explaining the story.

Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Oy. Is it worth watching? Do we learn anything new?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Well, Cullen is only one of the people contributing so I won't say it's from his point of view but I'm not even half finished yet. Kate Battan, one of the lead investigators, is explaining the attack as well and Patrick Ireland and Sean Graves are speaking about their own experiences. I think these have been the four main contributors so far but there has been a sentence here and there from others.

There may not be anything that is truly new but if you're into Columbine, why not watch it, right?

Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:55 pm

I am interested in hearing from Kate Battan and the others. It will probably be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tuga

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:19 am

I'll post some stray observations and highlights about the episode. Sean Graves pretty much admits to being bullied himself for his weight and during his last scene he gets emotional and almost sheds a tear, can't figure out what his inner thoughts were at the moment though. Dave Cullen is rather theatrical with his hand movements and comparing the original shooting plan as a III act movie. Coni Sanders talks about how we've become (meaning society) desensitized to this and people calling it the new normal, she concedes that they are right with a sad voice but wishes they weren't and I liked the part when she mentions her sister Angela's response on the police response to Columbine - ''It sucked'', very brief, direct and true. My personal favorite is Tom Mauser's quote near the very end, paraphrasing it here ''Daniel wasn't in the wrong place, in the wrong time. He was in school during school hours, he was in the library''. I really agree with this sentiment. Being in school during school hours is not a wrong time or place to be for a high school student. It's the place and time where and when you expect them to be. The wrong place and wrong time lingo has an implicit victim blaming sentiment to it IMO and also implies that the killers were in the right place and time. Along with ''God's plan'', right up near the top of my most hated ways of thinking. Others thoughts on the episode?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:22 am

I haven't seen it yet, I have to catch it streaming today. That is a fantastic line from Tom Mauser. It's true, none of the kids but Eric and Dylan were doing ANYTHING wrong that day nor could they have taken steps to prevent it. They were at school, trying to learn and two ass holes with guns started shooting. Who thinks to themselves "better not go to the library, seems like a bad idea"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ainjel

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:16 pm

I just finished watching it and I wasn’t all that surprised about how this was portrayed. I thought the music used at the beginning and end was kind of creepy. DeAngelis is just as much in denial today about his school as he was then. Cullen continued to push his theory that Eric is a psycho and Dylan is a love-sick depressed follower. Im curious if anyone has ever asked Cullen to explain Dylan’s actions on the day of the massacre if he was just following orders so to speak. This episode also made me wonder if the Harris’s and Klebold’s stay away from all-things media whenever there is a mass shooting because they ultimately know that Columbine will be brought up as a reference at some point. Also as a parent, and as someone who was a Senior in high school when Columbine happened, I found it heartbreaking that the norm today is practicing active shooter drills. When I was in school, our normal drills were typically tornado and fire drills. I also wondered if my parents found it hard to let me go to school the next day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:00 pm

I just finished watching it and I wasn’t all that surprised about how this was portrayed. I thought the music used at the beginning and end was kind of creepy.  DeAngelis is just as much in denial today about his school as he was then.  Cullen continued to push his theory that Eric is a psycho and Dylan is a love-sick depressed follower.  Im curious if anyone has ever asked Cullen to explain Dylan’s actions on the day of the massacre if he was just following orders so to speak.  This episode also made me wonder if the Harris’s and Klebold’s stay away from all-things media whenever there is a mass shooting because they ultimately know that Columbine will be brought up as a reference at some point.  Also as a parent, and as someone who was a Senior in high school when Columbine happened, I found it heartbreaking that the norm today is practicing active shooter drills.  When I was in school, our normal drills were typically tornado and fire drills.  I also wondered if my parents found it hard to let me go to school the next day.  

I was a senior as well. I don't remember if my mother was nervous about sending me to school, she was wondering why I was watching the news coverage so much, I guess I was never a big news watcher. She was freaked out by trench coats though, which was pretty silly to me. She asked if anyone at my school wore them, and I said well in the winter because it's cold.....

I would LOVE to know if anyone has ever asked that of Dave Cullen. I would like to know what he says. I guess in the book he skips over anytime that Dylan said cruel things and laughed. Dylan was the nastier of the two. I do remember when it first happened the Dylan being the depressed follower with a lot of friends who snapped was the norm. We know it's not true now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] At last we know why the Columbine killers did it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks SSCC, I'm glad Cullen has explained it to me. Smile

They do blatantly pic a very nice picture of Eric and a not so great one of Dylan, so we can certainly see how the media still portrays people in a certain way.

That look on Cullen's face in that screen cap LOL. "most common word was love"

Did he read what was in Eric's yearbook??

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks SSCC, I'm glad Cullen has explained it to me. Smile

They do blatantly pic a very nice picture of Eric and a not so great one of Dylan, so we can certainly see how the media still portrays people in a certain way.

That look on Cullen's face in that screen cap LOL. "most common word was love"

Did he read what was in Eric's yearbook??
I'm sure that Cullen thinks that Dylan was only playing along with Eric's desires so that he could die. He said that Dylan "finally agreed" to go along with Eric's plan in the documentary. I think an even better question is why he wrote what he wrote in his private journal, which Eric would never see. Cullen always mentions that Dylan was talking about suicide for two years before Columbine but he never mentions that Dylan was also talking about going on a vengeful killing spree without Eric when he speaks about how much love there was in Dylan's journal. I don't know why Cullen insists on presenting facts selectively but he does it very consistently.

Luckily, Kate Battan was allowed to speak for a moment about the difference between their personalities so there was at least a little bit of balance to it. She said that Eric was more Type A and Dylan was more Type B so Dylan may have been the type to go with the flow and Eric was the man with the plan but that didn't make Dylan a sad puppy follower and it was clear that he was all in. I think that's probably the most accurate interpretation and it doesn't surprise me that someone who had to take photos of the victims would find it more difficult to gloss over Dylan's enthusiastic participation in the events of that day. I agree that Eric and Dylan had different personalities and that their motivations were somewhat different but I don't think the contrast is as striking as Cullen wants us to believe that it is. I still don't completely disbelieve the psychopath diagnosis but putting Eric's motivations aside, I do believe that Dylan was seeking revenge as much as he was looking for a way to die.

Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 pm

I agree and I'm glad Kate Battan got to speak about it. You can't interview people and see the crime scene and think it was only Eric who was into it.

I think it was proven Eric shot more but Dylan was certainly an active participant who got VERY brutal. There are people walking around with visible scars of Dylan's brutality, he didn't want to die without taking people down with him, or he would have killed himself long before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Can someone post a link please?

Found one. You can just torrent it...

Last edited by Juicy Jazzy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ainjel

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] your right on both accounts.  I had forgotten about NBK in Dylan’s journal and the Battan interview.  I feel like Cullen only pulls out the parts that fit his narrative and saying that Dylan wrote about NBK before him and Eric ever started planning would not prove his psychopath/follower theory that he pushes down everyones’ throats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acid84

PostSubject: Re: New TV Show About Active Shooters   Yesterday at 7:01 am

Just started watching active shooter and must say I really like it... it doesn't necessarily add any new information on these crimes etc but it does add a real human element etc.
Just finished the third one which is about charleston...
Give it a watch if you havent already
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New TV Show About Active Shooters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next