Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basement Tapes, News Stations.

Go down 
+2
Erosion271
jodie-b
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jodie-b

Contribution Points : 64250
Forum Reputation : 0

Basement Tapes, News Stations. Empty
PostSubject: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Hello this is my first topic post and I'm not sure if this has already been discussed as a topic (i've seen it mentioned in other topics).

But why wasn't the Basement Tapes sent into the news stations?

I'm sure either Eric or Dylan said about sending the tapes into a news network and made it sound like it was part of their 'NBK' plan.

I may be wrong just wanted to hear some opinions on the matter.

Also, if the news networks were to have received the tapes what do you think they would of done with them? Would the police stop them from showing them on TV?
Back to top Go down
Erosion271

Erosion271

Contribution Points : 59863
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 12:20 am

I'm not sure Eric and Dylan ever mentioned sending the tapes into the news stations (could be entirely wrong on that). I swear they only mentioned that the tapes would eventually be found and viewed by people.

The virginia tech shooter i know DID send a tape into i believe NBC news.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 60819
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 am

It wasn't a thing back then, they knew someone would eventually come across their tapes.

Cho Seung Hui sent his documents and tapes to NBC.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 1:36 am

From the Basement Tapes:

Dylan asked Eric if he thinks the cops will listen to the whole video. They say they believe that the video will be cut up into little pieces & the police will just show the public what they want it to look like. 

They mention that they want to distribute the videos to four news stations & that Eric is going to scan his journal & then send copies by e-mail & distribute blue prints and maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
From the Basement Tapes: They mention that they want to distribute the videos to four news stations & that Eric is going to scan his journal & then send copies by e-mail & distribute blue prints and maps.

I wonder why they didn't do it? scratch

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 am

Snarky me said because Eric asked Dylan to do it... and he didn't do it.

That's a mystery that will remain unsolved. They had time to do it.

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 10:44 am

I don't know. If I was them I probably wouldn't expect police to release the tapes so I don't know why they didn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Snarky me said because Eric asked Dylan to do it... and he didn't do it.

Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes, News Stations.   Basement Tapes, News Stations. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes, News Stations.
Page 1 of 1