Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday

Go down 
+2
cakeman
Naze Warbled
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Empty
PostSubject: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 8:40 am

According to PBS' Frontline documentary called "Raising Adam Lanza", his mother Nancy wrote in a 1999 email that Adam had invited TWENTY-SIX friends for his seventh birthday party, which was his victim count at Hook. Pretty sad and scary coincidence if you ask me, and I believe that not many people are talking about it.
Back to top Go down
Naze Warbled

Naze Warbled

Contribution Points : 62599
Forum Reputation : 0

Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Fate was showing signs way before he did the act. That is sure.

Not every man who goes to war dies, some wind up dead

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Wow. Nice attention to detail in that find!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Also 1999....
"There's no such thing as coincidences"

Fate can be ignored, but not denied.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 4:23 pm

Given his anxiety and Asperger's, I wonder how Adam would have interacted with 26 people in his house?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 6:55 pm

God, I couldn't even imagine myself handling that well, poor guy. He mightve been too young to realize his condition. Did it mention when he was diagnosed?(<-edited that question cause I realized the original was dumb) I know I used to be crazy outgoing as a kid, I also would invite nearly everyone from my class to my bday, and now I can't even do damn phone calls without wanting to cry.

But it's also worth noting, how many of those kids actually showed up?

Last edited by Westygalery on Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79722
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 7:05 pm

His 7th birthday was the day the cafeteria bombs were discovered.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Westygalery wrote:
God, I couldn't even imagine myself handling that well, poor guy. He mightve been too young to realize his condition. Are you born with Asperger's or can you develop it? I know I used to be crazy outgoing as a kid, I also would invite nearly everyone from my class to my bday, and now I can't even do damn phone calls without wanting to cry.

But it's also worth noting, how many of those kids actually showed up?
You're born with Asperger's but people are diagnosed with it at different ages, Adam was 13 when he was officially diagnosed.

I don't know how many kids turned up, probably not all.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Damn, so his whole life, he could've felt something was out of place, and only got the truth around 13...
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Westygalery wrote:
Damn, so his whole life, he could've felt something was out of place, and only got the truth around 13...
Yeah it is quite sad, although interestingly enough, Adam rejected the diagnosis and claimed he never had Asperger's.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Westygalery wrote:
Yeah it is quite sad, although interestingly enough, Adam rejected the diagnosis and claimed he never had Asperger's.

I wonder if this could be tied to his later feelings that mental illnesses were caused by society and modern civilization.

Either that or he was just too proud to admit that he had such a debilitating disorder.

Coneyislandqueen likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 11:56 pm

I mean I think he had a point, a lot of depression and similar feelings directly stem from society, and how the world is ran, for many people. If our modern environment was severely different (more nature and nurture based, far less stressful, less political, less bullshit etc.) I think we'd see a lot less of that. I think part can be a physiological pattern your natural body falls into (sadly), but also has roots/worsens in very real problems with the world.

Misdiagnosis is also pretty common. Truly hard to understand a mind you aren't living in yourself, even with a degree.
Back to top Go down
Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 52721
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 1:53 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Given his anxiety and Asperger's, I wonder how Adam would have interacted with 26 people in his house?

He was more social in elementary school. Even so, when he was in university in his home was party where people playing in games.

From Peter Langman`s "Adam Lanza : Timeline" :

"Summer 2008

Adam attends WCSU, taking computer science classes in Visual BASIC and website production. Adam hosts a “LAN party” at his home for the Newtown High Tech Club. Several friends attend. All reports from these friends indicate that nothing unusual happened; most of the attendees played Warcraft 3, Nancy met several of them, there were never any firearms seen, and Adam asked other students to take off their shoes and be “respectful of the house.” The party took place entirely in the basement, and none of the attendees entered the upper two floors of the house."
Back to top Go down
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 48518
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 10:45 am

Guest wrote:
ut it's also worth noting, how many of those kids actually showed up?

Around 20 of them showed up... which is also the amount of children he killed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday   Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smiggles invited 26 friends (his future victim count) for his 7th birthday
Page 1 of 1