Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?

Go down 
+4
TheSpiral
sscc
Myll
sororityalpha
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Empty
PostSubject: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 3:56 am

A DailyMail article states that officers who shared looks over Adam's body says: "He appeared to have the body size of a 12-year-old." I mean, sure he was skinny enough for a 12 year old's body but the height...?

Last edited by scibblewop on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 9:32 am

Maybe they were referring to his frail frame, or musculature, not his height.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121563
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 am

Adam was VERY pale & skinny for his age - maybe a quick glance made him look younger.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Myll

Contribution Points : 59847
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Depending on the position he was in when he shot himself in I can see it making him look much shorter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 2:33 pm

scibblewop wrote:
From the same DailyMail article in my last topic, it states that officers who shared looks over Adam's body says: "He appeared to have the body size of a 12-year-old." I mean, sure he was skinny enough for a 12 year old's body but the height...?

he was tall (but at 12 i was also 6foot) so not that much of a stretch. he also weighted very little looked frail and most likely no tan as he sat inside 24/7
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Myll wrote:
Depending on the position he was in when he shot himself in I can see it making him look much shorter.
His knees were curled up toward his chest so you are probably correct. And the first responder that they seem to be quoting said he looked like he was about 19 but had the body of a 12 year old. They knew he was older but he was so frail and thin that his body seemed small.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74139
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 4:35 pm

I've never really seen what Adam looked like, aside from the head.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 5:21 pm

TheSpiral wrote:

there is a video of him playing ddr and a picture of him and his "tech club"
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 6:59 pm

-warrior wrote:
TheSpiral wrote:

there is a video of him playing ddr and a picture of him and his "tech club"
In case anyone wants to see.

This was a few months before the shooting.

This was in high school.

And here's one more from when he was about 13. You can see that he had been very skinny for a long time.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 7:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] do you happen to have the yearbook picture of Lanza in elementary school. He looks normal in that one. I wonder when he started getting like this
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I posted a few pictures of him when he was younger in this thread.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are a couple of yearbook pictures posted there but I'm not sure if you meant this one instead since you can see his whole body here.
(I have always wondered what happened between this one and the individual picture that put this look on his face.)

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 7:24 pm

sscc wrote:
There are a couple of yearbook pictures posted there but I'm not sure if you meant this one instead since you can see his whole body here.

the old navy was the one i was asking about, but thanks for the tothers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 4:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Good find right there.
Back to top Go down
Semperfidelis

Contribution Points : 56347
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 4:52 am

One of the police officers, when confronted with Adam's dead body and before comprehending the situation, thought he was a child victim around 12 years of age, knelt next to him and asked, "Who shot you?"

Another officer replied, "He shot himself. That is the suspected shooter."

Too bad he didn't live. Prison would have been fun for the mass murderer of children.

Rosie1756 likes this post

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72209
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Semperfidelis wrote:
One of the police officers, when confronted with Adam's dead body and before comprehending the situation, thought he was a child victim around 12 years of age, knelt next to him and asked, "Who shot you?"

Another officer replied, "He shot himself.  That is the suspected shooter."
This affects me in an extremely intense way that I have trouble putting into words.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani

crepuscule likes this post

Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66332
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 5:23 pm

STK wrote:
Semperfidelis wrote:

Another officer replied, "He shot himself.  That is the suspected shooter."
This affects me in an extremely intense way that I have trouble putting into words.

Imagine the feeling that the officer must have felt when he realized he wasn't looking at a child victim but the actual shooter himself. My face would've dropped and heart would sunken if I was him.

I wondered if anyone mistaken or initially thought Adam was a current pupil at Sandy Hook that committed the shooting did due to his frail appearance, seems unlikely but it would've been interesting if anyone thought that way in the initial hours.
Back to top Go down
Semperfidelis

Contribution Points : 56347
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 6:54 pm

State Trooper Bill Cario said when he first entered the classrooms he didn't understand what he was looking at. Then "as I looked around...my heart broke."

That's the quote, from his report, that got me. That and trying to put myself in Governor Malloy's place, walking into a room with 26 desperate families...having to tell them that no more children would be coming out.

I've had to inform people of bad situations in my role in the Marine Corps and in a first responder capacity...but nothing even remotely as terrible as what that moment must have been like. The room erupted in screams and wails so loud that those outside of the building removed thier hats out of respect.

This is why I so strongly hate the people who attack the families. That moment right there. Pure, unadulterated sorrow and despair.
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 28828
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 3:07 pm

Maybe he was just short.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?   Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam's "6 FT" dead body apparently looked more like a 12 year olds...?
Page 1 of 1