Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New shooting at Elementary school in California

Go down 
+3
Kaynvink
sororityalpha
STK
7 posters
AuthorMessage

New shooting at Elementary school in California  Empty
PostSubject: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 2:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not much on this yet, still being updated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 pm

5 dead, including the shooter..they are saying like 5 crime scenes, sort of like the 2013 santa monica shooting

Im thinking it was domestic, or domestic at first and spiraled into something else
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

-warrior wrote:
5 dead, including the shooter..they are saying like 5 crime scenes, sort of like the 2013 santa monica shooting

Im thinking it was domestic, or domestic at first and spiraled into something else

Yeah, apparently the shooter was going around just shooting at random things at different places.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72209
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Sounds like a mixture between Santa Monica and the San Bernardino Elementary School shooting.
On the plus side, the past few weeks have been great for those working in journalism.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani

Last edited by STK on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121563
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 4:10 pm

At least five people are dead, including the gunman, after a shooting Tuesday in Northern California's Tehama County, Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said.

Police fatally shot the attacker after reports of at least seven shooting scenes, including an elementary school, Johnston said.

The violence started with an apparent domestic dispute, according to neighbors, and spread out with the suspect "randomly picking targets," Johnston said.

The Corning Union Elementary School District said part of the shooting spree occurred at Rancho Tehama Elementary School.

"This is a sad day for us here in Tehama County," Johnston said.

"Anne and I are saddened to hear about today's violence in Tehama County, which shockingly involved schoolchildren," Gov. Jerry Brown said in a statement. "We offer our condolences to the families who lost loved ones and unite with all Californians in grief."

Some students were transported to hospitals by helicopter, and others were moved to safe locations, the assistant sheriff's said.

At least one student was shot at the elementary school, and another child was shot in a truck along with an adult female, Johnston said.

Three children and an adult are being treated at Enloe Medical Center in Chico, officials said. Their conditions were not available.

Police were still trying to get an accurate count of the injured, Johnston said.

A semi-automatic rifle and two handguns believed to be used by the gunman, who engaged police in a shootout, have been recovered, according to Johnston.

The school district was cooperating with local law enforcement, according to its statement. No other details were available.

The shooting apparently did not start at the school.

The sheriff's office said it has requested Department of Justice evidence investigation teams. The California Highway Patrol and FBI also were assisting.
Back to top Go down
Kaynvink

Kaynvink

Contribution Points : 60625
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

3 more or less effective mass shootings in less than 2 months. Funny I just wrote a message to a friend saying that I doubt there would be a "bigger shooting" till the end of the year a few days before the last vegas massacre.

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Kaynvink wrote:
3 more or less effective mass shootings in less than 2 months.  Funny I just wrote a message to a friend saying that I doubt there would be a "bigger shooting" till the end of the year a few days before the last vegas massacre.

i mean 5 dead including the suspect isnt that crazy, we had the shooting in Orlando in june, the plano shooting, and the Mississippi shootings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 pm

This never happens in Australia for the last 20 years......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Ziamber II wrote:

2007 Melbourne CBD shootings, i cant really find any other major shootings besides that uni one in like 2002..But there has been arson attacks that killed like 10and a car attack where 6 died this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hmm this doesnt seem biased tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 pm

a news source is saying the shooter tried to enter the school but was unable to enter for some reason
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm

-warrior wrote:
a news source is saying the shooter tried to enter the school but was unable to enter for some reason

Did the school have time to do a Lock down?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
-warrior wrote:

from what i can tell yes, apparently he couldn't find a classroom or something, idk but he could of just shot through like Lanza
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:09 pm

-warrior wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
-warrior wrote:

from what i can tell yes, apparently he couldn't find a classroom or something, idk but he could of just shot through like Lanza

Are they still thinking it was domestic related or has a different motive been found? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
-warrior wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
-warrior wrote:

Are they still thinking it was domestic related or has a different motive been found? scratch  

so from what i read

1. he stabbed some girl

2. he got out of jail on bail

3. he killed the girl he stabbed

4. he started opening fore on random targets, just like in 2013 Santa Monica
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Crazy. Shocked
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

Contribution Points : 58620
Forum Reputation : 0
Location : Australia. OCCUPATION: NEET, Professional shitposter. IQ: Extremely High (185)

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 am

-warrior wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hmm this doesnt seem biased  tongue

COINCIDENCE DETECTED
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 am

If he entered the school, it could have been another Sandy Hook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 11:13 am

Shooters name still not released yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am

Ziamber II wrote:
If he entered the school, it could have been another Sandy Hook.

Agreed. Thankfully he didn't try very hard to get inside.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 11:21 am

Man to gunman: Shoot at me, not kids

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 11:25 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Man to gunman: Shoot at me, not kids

I read about that in a different report. If he really said that, then that guy has a HUGE set and deserves some applause. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Now it's five dead with another body being the wife of Kevin Neal (the shooter) found at the house
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 5:00 pm

How much ammo did he have when he was killed?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 9:16 pm

He spent 6 minutes trying to get into the Elementary School

Shooters should quit trying to kill children and just kill themselves instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
He spent 6 minutes trying to get into the Elementary School

Shooters should quit trying to kill children and just kill themselves instead.

Completely agree! I still have yet to understand why people go after innocent kids. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85103
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
What about the siege in the Cafe in Sydney?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 6:59 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I still have yet to understand why people go after innocent kids.  Evil or Very Mad  

Is it really that hard to understand that some people are just sadistic and looking for an easy target?

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 7:21 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I still have yet to understand why people go after innocent kids.  Evil or Very Mad  

Is it really that hard to understand that some people are just sadistic and looking for an easy target?

No, not really hard to think that some people are just soul sick enough to consider a child as an easy target. But still heartbreaking and sad all the same.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 10:32 pm

Quote :
Experts say Neal apparently exploited a legal loophole that enabled him to get around California's tough gun laws buy ordering the parts for a weapon that is illegal in that state — and putting it together at home.

Another strong parallel to the Santa Monica shooting.

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

Quote :
Experts say Neal apparently exploited a legal loophole that enabled him to get around California's tough gun laws buy ordering the parts for a weapon that is illegal in that state — and putting it together at home.

Another strong parallel to the Santa Monica shooting.

yup ghost guns, they dont exist..no serial number, no way to show where or who the end up in
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:01 pm

-warrior wrote:
yup ghost guns, they dont exist..no serial number, no way to show where or who the end up in

I am curious as to how he bought his ammunition. Maybe that also came from online purchases.

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:09 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
-warrior wrote:

I am curious as to how he bought his ammunition. Maybe that also came from online purchases.

do you need background to just buy ammo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 12:26 am

-warrior wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
-warrior wrote:

do you need background to just buy ammo?

I think so.

sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 12:36 am

For decades, federal law regulated firearms and ammunition similarly.

The federal Gun Control Act of 1968 imposed a series of regulations on ammunition manufacturers, dealers and purchasers—including dealer licensing and recordkeeping requirements, as well as a ban on interstate mail-order sales—but most of these provisions were repealed by Congress in 1986 at the behest of the NRA.

Federal prohibited purchaser categories for firearms also apply to ammunition. Federal law does not require ammunition sellers to conduct background checks to determine if a prospective ammunition purchaser falls into a prohibited category, however.

Six states have enacted laws regulating ammunition sales and requiring purchasers to pass a background check in order to buy ammunition. Two states, California and New York, have passed laws requiring point-of-sale background checks on ammunition purchasers, in a manner similar to background checks conducted on firearm purchasers. Four other states, (Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, and New Jersey) require individuals to obtain a relevant license or permit, after passing a background check, in order to purchase or possess ammunition.

Additional states restrict access to ammunition by certain categories of dangerous people or people under a certain age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New shooting at Elementary school in California    New shooting at Elementary school in California  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New shooting at Elementary school in California
Page 1 of 1