Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts about this "coincidence"

Go down 
+4
Lunkhead McGrath
Sane One
Tuga
Rebbie556
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 91831
Forum Reputation : 225

Thoughts about this "coincidence" Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:09 am

This is weird , but I believe in God, and I was wondering if you think that Eric and Dylan were forgiven for what they did.
this passage gives me hope that they were:
“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.”
Isaiah 1:18

a snowstorm began after Erics and Dylans bodies  were moved out of the school.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64242
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 am

Another trivial observance is that one of their victims was named Isaiah and they really frightened and taunted him before murdering him. As for the Book of Isaiah, I haven't read it yet and I'm still somewhere on Samuel but the main association I have with that part of the Bible is the song ''Rivers in the Desert'' from Persona 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:12 am

It's Colorado.
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 84648

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Like Mordupen said, it’s Colorado. If I had it my way I would toss out every version of the Bible. New, old, left, right. I personally believe it was created to sustain moral ground and to give human beings hope there is something good after death. Honestly, god or whoever had the power would stop violent acts in progress as their happening, he or she or it wouldn’t allow innocent humans to die or babies or humans to get raped or molested.. Wrath would come down in the form of a heart attack or just straight up death right away.

People love to respond with enjoy hell to others who did bad things but the reality is there is no hell. We evolve or disappear forever, that’s it.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: forgiveness   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 6:03 am

Rebbie556 wrote:
This is weird , but I believe in God, and I was wondering if you think that Eric and Dylan were forgiven for what they did.
“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.”

1)Why do you want Eric and Dylan to be forgiven? Are you one of those Christians who secretly doesn't believe in Hell?
2)Were they SORRY? Don't point to them telling their parents they were sorry beofre they did it in the Basement Tapes or whatever it was. What would God forgive for, if one isn't sorry? What kind of late 90s entitlement IS this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:

a  snowstorm began after Erics and Dylans bodies  were moved out of the school.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Doesn't the Bible also say "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." in Leviticus 20:13? Why would God forgive two killers then? What you're saying is such wishful thinking. If repentance is enough to get off the hook with God after killing then surely wouldn't the likes of Lanza and Cho be chilling in heaven right now too?
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:04 pm

mordupen wrote:
wouldn't the likes of Lanza and Cho be chilling in heaven right now too?
Off topic, but I would totally watch a TV show about Cho, Adam, Eric/Dylan, and a few other heavy hitters chilling in the afterlife.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:10 am

I'm an atheist, so of course I don't believe the snow was a sign. It was April in Colorado. Furthermore, E&D did not want "forgiveness" and they mercilessly killed 13 people...
Back to top Go down
Tuga

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 am

Littlelo wrote:
I'm an atheist, so of course I don't believe the snow was a sign. It was April in Colorado. Furthermore, E&D did not want "forgiveness" and they mercilessly killed 13 people...
Speaking of forgiveness, I stumbled upon this Buffy the Vampire Slayer quote while browsing a Columbine blog on Tumblr - "To forgive is an act of compassion. It's not done because people deserve it. It's done because they need it." Comparing the survivors and relatives who decided to forgive them and those less forgiving and unforgiving is an interesting thought exercise. The mental process behind it is interesting. Personally, I wouldn't forgive them. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 am

Tuga wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Speaking of forgiveness, I stumbled upon this Buffy the Vampire Slayer quote while browsing a Columbine blog on Tumblr - "To forgive is an act of compassion. It's not done because people deserve it. It's done because they need it." Comparing the survivors and relatives who decided to forgive them and those less forgiving and unforgiving is an interesting thought exercise. The mental process behind it is interesting. Personally, I wouldn't forgive them. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I understand the sentiment. Craig Scott said in an interview that "forgiveness is like setting a prisoner free, and discovering that the prisoner was you". I guess I can't even comment on it at a biblical level because I don't believe in any of that, but I see where people may think differently.
Back to top Go down
Tuga

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 am

Littlelo wrote:
Tuga wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

I understand the sentiment. Craig Scott said in an interview that "forgiveness is like setting a prisoner free, and discovering that the prisoner was you". I guess I can't even comment on it at a biblical level because I don't believe in any of that, but I see where people may think differently.
I perceive it as a ''feel good'' deed. Letting go of the anger and moving on while honoring what you lost has the exact same effect IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 11:05 am

Tuga wrote:
Craig Scott said in an interview that "forgiveness is like setting a prisoner free, and discovering that the prisoner was you".

I can agree with Craig on that. I have had to forgive someone who certainly never asked for my forgiveness, who truly didn't deserve it in the least. BUT it was slowly killing me inside to have so much resentment, hurt, and anger built up.

I was in a sense poisoning myself with it while it had no effect on him at all.  It took me a while to realize the feelings I had were really just another form of control this person had on me.
Back to top Go down
Tuga

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tuga wrote:
Craig Scott said in an interview that "forgiveness is like setting a prisoner free, and discovering that the prisoner was you".

I can agree with Craig on that. I have had to forgive someone who certainly never asked for my forgiveness, who truly didn't deserve it in the least. BUT it was slowly killing me inside to have so much resentment, hurt, and anger built up.

I was in a sense poisoning myself with it while it had no effect on him at all.  It took me a while to realize the feelings I had were really just another form of control this person had on me.
Your realization about ''being controlled'' echoes a sentiment from an interesting Elizabeth Smart TED Talk presentation. Here is the full quote: My mom said to me, “Elizabeth, what this man has done to you is terrible and there are not words strong enough to describe how wicked and evil he is. He has stolen nine months of your life that you will never get back. The best punishment you could ever give him is to be happy, is to move forward with your life because by feeling sorry for yourself and holding on to the past and dwelling on what’s happened to you, that’s only allowing them more control, more power, steal more of your life away from you. So don’t let that happen. Justice may or may not be served, restitution may or may not be made but don’t you dare give them another second of your life”.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 am

Tuga wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tuga wrote:

Your realization about ''being controlled'' echoes a sentiment from an interesting Elizabeth Smart TED Talk presentation. Here is the full quote: My mom said to me, “Elizabeth, what this man has done to you is terrible and there are not words strong enough to describe how wicked and evil he is. He has stolen nine months of your life that you will never get back. The best punishment you could ever give him is to be happy, is to move forward with your life because by feeling sorry for yourself and holding on to the past and dwelling on what’s happened to you, that’s only allowing them more control, more power, steal more of your life away from you. So don’t let that happen. Justice may or may not be served, restitution may or may not be made but don’t you dare give them another second of your life”.

I wholeheartedly agree with that! The very day I realized that I was still letting myself be controlled was a huge eyes opener.
Back to top Go down
Mojo11

Contribution Points : 55254

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 12:30 am

Have you ever heard being angry is like taking a poison pill and hoping it kills the other person
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Mojo11 wrote:
Have you ever heard being angry is like taking a poison pill and hoping it kills the other person

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Actually I have heard that countless times. My grandmother was filled with little sayings like that. Smile

Also it is very true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Mojo11 wrote:

Man, thats kinda deep as shit.
Back to top Go down
JP

Contribution Points : 60750

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 am

sometimes it does
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about this "coincidence"   Thoughts about this "coincidence" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about this "coincidence"
Page 1 of 1