Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?

Go down 
+21
Jenn
Smiggles94
xxellie_xxo
Lunkhead McGrath
Sabratha
23september
Tommy QTR
Divine Wind
bradt93
QuestionMark
Screamingophelia
InsaneIntruder
Giga143
spidEr
W.A.R.
Littlelo
Glamazon
sscc
1Mare1
runreilly
STK
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Empty
PostSubject: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Given the uptick in mass shooters after Columbine, I'm curious to hear you're thoughts on what Eric/Dylan would think of them. Who would they respect the most? Which one would they dislike the most?

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 1:17 pm

they would like paddock and Breveik for coming up with way to cause the most mayhem(also paddock had those explosives in his car so that could be another thing eric and dylan had in common with Anders and Stephen)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 1:33 pm

I think they would likely have mixed feeling about the blatant copycats. They would like the fact that people wanted to emulate them, in affect trying to carry on with the Revolution they wanted to kick start. BUT I think they would be pissed and rather annoyed at the cringe inducing Randy Stair! Haha
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 2:11 pm

I think they might be creeped out by Adam Lanza.

STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I think even Thomas Hamilton would be creeped out by Lanza.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: lanza   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 6:01 am

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

They would have BEATEN UP Lanza. You hear that Cullen?...

I mean, if they're doing night raids on Nick Baumgart for being "an immature little f*ggot", or whatever it was...

Back to top Go down
runreilly

runreilly

Contribution Points : 66304
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 7:07 am

-warrior wrote:
they would like paddock and Breveik for coming up with way to cause the most mayhem(also paddock had those explosives in his car so that could be another thing eric and dylan had in common with Anders and Stephen)

Totally agree. They would admire Paddock and Breveik. They would probably also take some credit for massacres that happened after 1999; Virginia Tech for sure. In a way they could use these as vindication for what they did. They would feel legitimate. They inspired others and they had an impact on the world. I think that's kinda what they wanted.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 am

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
EVERYONE would be creeped out by Adam. Even Cho and Randy and everyone who's inspired by Adam.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
EVERYONE would be creeped out by Adam. Even Cho and Randy and everyone who's inspired by Adam.

Cho and Randy might not. Both were so far from reality that I doubt Adam would truly be able to creep them out.

1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61369
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 pm

I wonder what would they think of Elliot Rodger.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
Relatable? I'm not quite sure actually. I think they might relate to him but also judge him for his low kill count.
Or they'll call him a crybaby with a low kill count.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:07 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Cho and Randy might not. Both were so far from reality that I doubt Adam would truly be able to creep them out.
What is it about Lanza that creeps you all out so much? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:10 pm

sscc wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

What is it about Lanza that creeps you all out so much? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he was so weird..he basically lived as a shutin in a world of mass murder and video games

communicated with his mom via email, his obsession with mass murder, and just things he did in his day to day life that is so abnormal..

hes a creepy guy, not scary (unless he has a gun)
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 6:19 pm

>What is it about Lanza that creeps you all out so much?

Lanza is like a total and thorough catalogue of EVERY problem that conservative older generations have with today's kids combined into one complete and outright crazy fuckup. He's like his generation's shame personified, especially if you're one of those people.
Tick off the list: Antisocial, shut-in, Asperger's/autism, video-game addiction, looked like a bug eyed little scrawny bowlhaired geek, gun violence, wasn't he bullied at school too? Did he shit his pants or do creepy things to girls? Maybe I'm thinking of that damned kid from "We Need To Talk About Kevin."
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Conservatives have a problem with the younger generation for being scrawny, autistic geeks with bad haircuts who get bullied? Not very nice!

I honestly thought that you were going to come at it from the "he murdered children" perspective rather than the "he was an autistic geek who played a lot of video games and didn't like to go outside" perspective. It seems counter-intuitive to call someone creepy for those reasons when he shot up an elementary school.

Do you feel that all reclusive, autistic geeks are creepy or is this a retrospective creepiness which derives from the knowledge that he murdered two dozen people?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:01 pm

-warrior wrote:
he was so weird..he basically lived as a shutin in a world of mass murder and video games
You left out hamsters. He also liked hamsters a lot.
"Everything about them is amazing."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:02 pm

sscc wrote:
-warrior wrote:

did he like monkeys or did he just think of them in relation to that chimp he called in the radio station about
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 11:01 pm

-warrior wrote:
sscc wrote:
-warrior wrote:

did he like monkeys or did he just think of them in relation to that chimp he called in the radio station about
He was very interested in chimps but I don't know if he liked them in the same way that he liked hamsters. Actually, I don't know why he liked hamsters so much. All I know is that he liked to talk about them and he had a folder on his hard drive called "Captain Huckabee And Admiral Stockdale" with pictures of a hamster and lego creations and another folder called "Bucky Brightener" with a web page on hamster health care. He was into them.

A couple of posts on the forum suggest that he liked rodents in general. He said that Willard was one of his favorite movies and this book, which the movie was based on, was found in his home.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Ratman's Notebooks is a 1969 short novel by Stephen Gilbert. It features an unnamed misfit who relates better to rats than to humans."
I've never read the book so even if I could tell you with certainty that he related to the main character, I couldn't say whether there are passages that might give some insight into why he liked rodents. (Not that anyone asked, anyway.)

This is what I said in the past about Adam and chimpanzees.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There is an excerpt from an interview with his real life friend which discusses their conversations about chimps. It doesn't sound like he ever mentioned Travis to the friend so his interest in chimps clearly went beyond that (and he also had a book by Jane Goodall, In The Shadow of Man, which he mentioned that he was reading on the forum) but he did generally discuss chimps in a similar way, relating their lives to our own.

He also said this about Travis which suggests a feeling of connection. I think it goes along with everything else he said about chimps. It suggests that he didn't seem to feel that there was as much of a difference between humans and chimps as most people do, aside from the way our culture has affected our development as a species. I'm not sure whether he felt the same way about hamsters and other rodents.
Smiggles wrote:
Enculturing human children is already terrifying enough, but enculturing other apes is something out of the cruelest nightmare. I don't know of anything more worthy of crying over. Rest in peace, little buddy. You're free from the rape of civilization now.
I can understand why his online friend told the FBI that Adam probably felt that he was saving or protecting those children, even though I don't exactly believe it myself. He may have believed that the children were better off dead than living in a world like this but I think the fate of his victims would have been a comforting afterthought, not a motivation to kill.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 12:26 am

sscc wrote:
Do you feel that all reclusive, autistic geeks are creepy or is this a retrospective creepiness which derives from the knowledge that he murdered two dozen people?

I'm going to say it's the retrospective creepiness. There are a lot of weird, autistic, mentally ill nutjobs out there - let's use Christian Weston Chandler as an example. Chris-chan, like Adam, is a shut-in, obsessively plays video games, and lives in a fantasy world most of the time. However the worst Chris has done was pepper-spray a GameStop employee. Adam killed 27 people, including 20 children and his own mother.

Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: asdfajsdfkj;   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 6:46 am

sscc wrote:
Conservatives have a problem with the younger generation for being scrawny, autistic geeks with bad haircuts who get bullied? Not very nice!

I honestly thought that you were going to come at it from the "he murdered children" perspective rather than the "he was an autistic geek who played a lot of video games and didn't like to go outside" perspective. It seems counter-intuitive to call someone creepy for those reasons when he shot up an elementary school.

I don't feel like picking on autistics (I probably am one myself, anyway) and I was a total video game addict until college came around and I didn't feel like buying a PS2. I was also scrawny and didn't attend many parties and I sure as hell didn't win any fights. But the more conservative element in this country, whose perspective I was counting on, will TOTALLY look at all those things when they look at Adam Lanza, who murdered children indeed. Go read some conservative/Christian-leaning book about what's wrong with kids sometime--there's a zillion of them. The video game addiction thing WILL come up.
Back to top Go down
Glamazon

Contribution Points : 66585
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 7:56 am

I think they would've been impressed by Cho's high body count. He also paid homage to the Columbine killers. So he'd probably be on their good side.

Regardless of what they'd think of their copycats, they'd probably be pleased to have copycats in general. Well, at least Eric would, since he expressed having the desire to start a chain-reaction of school massacres.

Last edited by Glamazon on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:43 am

I think E&D would have a hard time respecting any other mass shooters. They felt like they were the only true "gods" and were pretty hypocritical when it came to their beliefs and actions (e.g. Eric hating racists but also hating minorities). They would probably find a reason to dislike any mass shooter for one reason or another. Randy Stair claimed to idolize Eric, but Eric would have definitely made fun of him for his obsession with a cartoon character.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 11:55 am

Littlelo wrote:
Randy Stair claimed to idolize Eric, but Eric would have definitely made fun of him for his obsession with a cartoon character.

Not to mention the fact that Randy was also a fan of My Little Pony despite being an adult. Eric might actually be insulted that Randy idolized him.

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 11:56 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Randy Stair claimed to idolize Eric, but Eric would have definitely made fun of him for his obsession with a cartoon character.

Not to mention the fact that Randy was also a fan of My Little Pony despite being an adult. Eric might actually be insulted that Randy idolized him.

Haha
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 8:56 am

Im still laughing at them dubbing him Tranny Phantom.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69376
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm

they'd laugh at the fact that none of them can figure out how to make explosives and just use hand guns. They'd also laugh at the fact every single person has an i-phone in their pocket and police would be there in a split second. They'd also mock that they are focused more on shooting random people then trying to blow up the building.

Littlelo wrote:
Eric would have definitely made fun of him for his obsession with a cartoon character.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
maybe.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:00 pm

lol I forgot about that shirt

Weirdly enough, Mike V. never really considered himself very close with Eric or Dylan. I think it was more of an "in school" friendship. From the Eric in Columbine video he seems kind of annoying. He was home sick on 4/20/99.
Back to top Go down
Giga143

Giga143

Contribution Points : 60573
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:36 pm

I feel like they would be jealous of cho for single handedly murdering more people then they both did combined. Felt like they would be disgusted by Lanza for killing small children. I felt like even they had standards when it came to whom they would kill. Then they would dedicate a basement tape to roasting randy stair.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Giga143 wrote:
I feel like they would be jealous of cho for single handedly murdering more people then they both did combined. Felt like they would be disgusted by Lanza for killing small children. I felt like even they had standards when it came to whom they would kill. Then they would dedicate a basement tape to roasting randy stair.

I can agree with this. Would have loved to see a Randy roast in TBT. It's weird that Lanza is considered more evil because he killed kids, while E&D technically killed kids too. Their youngest victim was 15 which is still very young in my opinion. But I get it; when you hear 6 and 7 year olds are killed it can turn your stomach.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 4:42 pm

spidEr wrote:
they'd laugh at the fact that none of them can figure out how to make explosives and just use hand guns. They'd also laugh at the fact every single person has an i-phone in their pocket and police would be there in a split second. They'd also mock that they are focused more on shooting random people then trying to blow up the building.

Littlelo wrote:
Eric would have definitely made fun of him for his obsession with a cartoon character.
maybe.

i mean shooters still got similar kill counts

Tim in 09, Chris in '15, omar last year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Giga143 wrote:

people had more kills then E/d at the time though..like lubys shooting killed 23 and Edmond post office killed 14
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69376
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 5:47 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
they'd have hated him, they often shat on 'rich privileged kids'.
Even if they did find a shooter similar to them, they'd still hate them as Eric says he rips on people that are just like himself.

Also about Seung, I don't think they would be jealous of his body count. Seung's only role was to execute people with a gun, Eric and Dylan was an epic plan of blowing up a building. They could have easily mowed down crowd of people. They had enough ammo to take out everyone in that library. They walked past people in class rooms, didn't care to enter, Dylan checked the bomb progress and didn't fire at a crowd of 100 students and furthermore, the whole CCTV footage of them trying to detonate the bombs, they can clearly see students hiding around the cafeteria, with the door wide open and yet they didn't target them and they ran out the doors to escape. It is possible even after they set off the sprinkler system that kids ran past Eric to escape.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 5:57 pm

spidEr wrote:

But they couldn't make any real explosives.

Pipe Bombs and "Crickets" are pretty elementary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 am

Eric might have respected Pekka Eric Auvinen for seeing the world as Eric saw it, maybe Matti Saari too
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97390
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 1:38 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I think they would likely have mixed feeling about the blatant copycats.
"we are gonna have followers" said Dylan.

spidEr wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:

Not like Dylan was anything other than a 'rich privileged kid'. The fact taht Dylan allowed Eric to bash rich kids around him just shows how much Dylan was willing to "adjust" to be in the same boat with Eric.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Yea part of Dylan’s hypocrisy. I am pretty sure his leather coat cost a pretty penny. And he drove a BMW... he can take the emblems off but he was better off than many kids.

Yeah I still have empathy for both of them. Even though I grew up poor and was bullied very bad, maybe worse than them . They also have more friends than me..... but my freaking soft heart is all empathetic towards those 2 up until 4/20 of course

However Sue said they weren’t rich at all, but years later in an interview she did call Dylan privileged.

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 1:54 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Dylan’s hipocracy.

Noun
Hipocracy: Rule by horses, especially as a form of government. Etym. from ancient greek hippokratía.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 2:31 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
Eric might have respected Pekka Eric Auvinen for seeing the world as Eric saw it, maybe Matti Saari too

Pekka was a plagiarist and a copycat.

I think out of most of the post-Columbine shooters Eric and Dylan would've respected Nikolas Cruz the most, both for his kill count and his general behavior throughout life. They might've thought of him as badass.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 3:25 pm

That’s interesting I would think E and D would find Cruz cringey

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 3:41 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

My guess is that Eric's comment would be: "Oh the guy who meekly gave in to the cops without firing a shot"
Dylan's might be: "I was hoping we'd have followers of a larger caliber".

Screamingophelia wrote:
Yea part of Dylan’s hypocrisy. I am pretty sure his leather coat cost a pretty penny. And he drove a BMW... he can take the emblems off but he was better off than many kids.

Yeah I still have empathy for both of them.

I don't have empathy for normal people, let alone for those two shooters.

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 90306
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 5:08 pm

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
I don't think he would gun down innocent little children at a school. I lost all pity for Labza when he did that and killing his own mother. The guy should've been locked up in a psych ward. It's where he needed to be, but his mom was so blind she didn't want to see it.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 5:11 pm

Sabratha wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I think they would likely have mixed feeling about the blatant copycats.
"we are gonna have followers" said Dylan.

spidEr wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:

Not like Dylan was anything other than a 'rich privileged kid'. The fact taht Dylan allowed Eric to bash rich kids around him just shows how much Dylan was willing to "adjust" to be in the same boat with Eric.
Yea and I mean didn't Eric also live in a nice house?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 5:50 pm

bradt93 wrote:
The guy should've been locked up in a psych ward. It's where he needed to be, but his mom was so blind she didn't want to see it.

This is probably the best one-liner analysis of Sandy Hook I ever read.

bradt93 wrote:

I was under impression that Eric's parents status was considered in white America of the 90s as "middle class". He certainly wasn't poor, but Eric didn't have his own swimming pool and tennis court like Dylan.

Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 7:13 pm

Sabratha wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
The guy should've been locked up in a psych ward. It's where he needed to be, but his mom was so blind she didn't want to see it.

bradt93 wrote:

I was under impression that Eric's parents status was considered in white America of the 90s as "middle class". He certainly wasn't poor, but Eric didn't have his own swimming pool and tennis court like Dylan.
Yes, it also depends on the state you live in too. Here in Tennessee, 60K a year would be middle class, but in California probably 100-150K would be considered middle class.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I think they'd admire his kill count and be impressed with his luck at slipping through the cracks so much. 

Sabratha wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Yea part of Dylan’s hypocrisy.  I am pretty sure his leather coat cost a pretty penny. And he drove a BMW... he can take the emblems off but he was better off than many kids.

Yeah I still have empathy for both of them.

I don't have empathy for normal people, let alone for those two shooters.

Watcher likes this post

Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 8:36 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

bradt93 wrote:

Yes, it also depends on the state you live in too. Here in Tennessee, 60K a year would be middle class, but in California probably 100-150K would be considered middle class.
Wait, bradt? I thought you were banned?
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 8:51 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

bradt93 wrote:

Jenn and I worked it out.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 10:09 pm

bradt93 wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

bradt93 wrote:

Jenn and I worked it out.
Oh ok.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 10:26 pm

I still can't get over what Adam Lanza did to those poor children. What kind of monster does that you know? Crying or Very sad My eyes get watery when I think about it. Not just mental problems, I don't think Adam Lanza had a soul.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 pm

Quote :
I think they'd admire his kill count and be impressed with his luck at slipping through the cracks so much. 

I can see that!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?   What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would Eric/Dylan think of the more modern shooters?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next