Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
+39
Vallutaja
James411
Holloka
Majk
cakeman
icanmakeuhappy
Emanation of Darkness
cory M
5PMSomewhere
NotTheRedBaron
QuestionMark
thelmar
munchkinphone
Screamingophelia
23september
Tommy QTR
sororityalpha
Sabratha
STK
myshame
ehunterjumper
WhereHateRunsRed
Draw_It_White
Fatheroftwo
TaylorsMom
rocketkween17
Jea
04daviszoe
milkwood
Tuga
fly-with-me
W.A.R.
Jenn
Juicy Jazzy
spidEr
Szabo
Lizpuff
sscc
Littlelo
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

The small questions thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 11:24 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wow! I've never looked into the boys' Juvenile Diversion records. Just found them on Google. At a glance there's lots of cool information here. Thanks again!

in the diversion files you meet snobby and arrogant Dylan. That is always fun.

Antarath

Contribution Points : 47410
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 4:07 am

I haven't seen those either. No wonder this case gets people (me included) sucked into a vortex and often keeps me up at night because of small details that races through my mind every time I go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 11:22 am

What was the poem that brooks wrote when he was little? “I will despair if Dylan says he’s not my best friend?” I think it’s from his book

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 11:59 am

From No Easy Answers:

I couldn't have asked for a better pal in grade school than Dylan Klebold. In fact, my mom still has a drawing of the two of us that I made in class; underneath it, I wrote in crayon, “ What scares me most is if Dylan does boast that he isn't my friend.”
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
From No Easy Answers:

I couldn't have asked for a better pal in grade school than Dylan Klebold. In fact, my mom still has a drawing of the two of us that I made in class; underneath it, I wrote in crayon, “ What scares me most is if Dylan does boast that he isn't my friend.”

Thank you!

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 am

Do you think a teacher could have done something for Eric and Dylan? Probably not at the end but maybe if a caring and loving teacher had noticed something was starting to get wrong with them things could have changed? Or maybe I am very naive given that nor Eric's parents nor Dylan's parents noticed anything... I always wonder if teachers can have a real positive impact on children and teenagers.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 11:09 am

Neah wrote:
Do you think a teacher could have done something for Eric and Dylan? Probably not at the end but maybe if a caring and loving teacher had noticed something was starting to get wrong with them things could have changed? Or maybe I am very naive given that nor Eric's parents nor Dylan's parents noticed anything... I always wonder if teachers can have a real positive impact on children and teenagers.

This is a good question. Because I think Sue talks about it a little bit in her book. With Eric he was always a good student even when he was planning the massacre he never faltered. His grades kept up and I think he had a really good relationship with Mr. Carruthers. He wrote about the arrest and how it affected him badly. And Mr. Carruthers wrote on the paper that he would definitely trust Eric.

With Dylan I think a lot of the teachers just got annoyed with him and didn’t see anything to really help. They just found him to have a bad attitude and that was about it. I think he went to his math teacher and asked if he could just study on his own and just show up on test days. I’m going to have to find the interview. Mrs. Kelley, the writing teacher, was concerned about the paper but then they kind of brushed it off. And I think Dylan’s computer teacher was worried about him when he hacked into the servers but then Dylan was able to tell everyone he was fine. So no one really pushed. I’m sure in hindsight they regret it and wish they did.

Back then too if you got good grades and you weren’t really a threat you could really slip under the radar. They came from good homes and I don’t think they were looked at as the troubled students. I think someone like Chris Morris would’ve been looked as being more trouble than them.

There is one moment that I’m thinking about that I wish I could’ve been a turning point for Dylan and that’s when he was with his I believe counselor waiting for his dad to show up and Dylan was complaining about things and really upset I wish somebody had brought him in to talk to him a little bit more and gained his trust.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 6:15 pm

I've got a very simple question but surprisingly I never asked myself about it before and the shooting in Brasil made me think about it:

Did Eric and Dylan remained together during the whole shooting, or did they sometimes seperate (even if they remained not far from each other)? How far have they been from each other during the shooting?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Neah wrote:
I've got a very simple question but surprisingly I never asked myself about it before and the shooting in Brasil made me think about it:

Did Eric and Dylan remained together during the whole shooting, or did they sometimes seperate (even if they remained not far from each other)? How far have they been from each other during the shooting?

I feel like except for the beginning they were pretty much together. According to Sue’s book and I think Cullens book they were apart and Eric had to find Dylan. I’m not sure exactly how accurate that is.

Though when was the Tim Klass thing? Eric wasn’t around for that.

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 7:34 pm

Neah wrote:

Not coming at you like I'm some expert, but because I've wondered about this and had days where I focused on it, it makes me want to answer. If others know otherwise, feel free to take me to task.

I don't think they were ever separate long at all. I doubt the hand signals were ever used. I think when it came to movement for the most part, Dylan followed Eric's lead while he played marine and told him to cover. I think the most they were ever apart was when Dylan went down the stairs at the beginning, when Dylan ran up to where near Dave Sanders was once he was shot, and maybe e. g. in the library when Eric was in between the bookshelves and Dylan over by the trophy case, or in the cafeteria when Eric is taking a drink and Dylan by the cafeteria bombs. Supposedly Dylan entered the library first, but Eric was not far behind. I guess there's the issue of where Dylan was during Eric's gunfight with police.

When Dylan enters the cafeteria i. e. 'checked on the bombs' at the beginning is probably the greatest distance they were ever apart. If you remove his very short time in the cafeteria at the start, I don't think they were ever more than the length of a hallway apart. They seemed to move as a team. Together when it starts. Together when they enter the school. Together in the library. Together as they roam the halls. Together on the cafeteria CCTV. Together when it ends. If either wanted to say shoot the other at point blank range, they probably had 100 chances. If they wanted to do something the other couldn't see them doing, they probably had one.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Neah wrote:

I feel like except for the beginning they were pretty much together. According to Sue’s book and I think Cullens book they were apart and Eric had to find Dylan. I’m not sure exactly how accurate that is.

Yeah you mean Tim Kastle or whoever it is, with Dylan pointing a gun at him while he's in the ceiling or in a duct or whatever? I'm not sure I buy that. Not that he's lying but put me in that situation and I might well go omg there was this dust bunny I swear it was Dylan I was terrified. I certainly don't get when or where that was supposed to have happened.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 8:00 pm

cakeman wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Neah wrote:

Yeah you mean Tim Kastle or whoever it is, with Dylan pointing a gun at him while he's in the ceiling or in a duct or whatever? I'm not sure I buy that. Not that he's lying but put me in that situation and I might well go omg there was this dust bunny I swear it was Dylan I was terrified. I certainly don't get when or where that was supposed to have happened.

Yes!

I remember reading something about one or both of then entering the kitchen.

But I thought Tim said it was the bathroom...

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 2:00 am

Thank you both!

cakeman wrote:
If you remove his very short time in the cafeteria at the start, I don't think they were ever more than the length of a hallway ap

It is not far if we think about the distance between them, but maybe in their eyes it was quite a great distance, it musts be scary when you fear you can be attack on all sides at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Antarath

Antarath

Contribution Points : 47410
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
cakeman wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Neah wrote:

Yes!

I remember reading something about one or both of then entering the kitchen.

But I thought Tim said it was the bathroom...

The bathroom in the faculty lounge and the two bathrooms in the kitchen are located side by side, and Tim stated as he started crawling he knocked several ceiling tiles off in the kitchen bathroom, . When he reached the west wall, he looked back to the area over the kitchen bathroom, he observed someone staring and pointing his gun at him. In one report he says this person has shoulder length hair and he believed this person to be Klebold. They were good friends and played Fantasy Baseball with him.
Jankowski said  she heard loud male voices in the cafeteria around 40 minutes since the shooting started. It sounded as if they were right outside the door.  40 mins after the shooting would be around 12:00, during E&D's last visit to the cafeteria. On the CCTV footage we can see them coming from the faculty area heading towards the stairs.

So I guess all this happened around that time. Unsure if Dylan alone entered the kitchen. I need to check the timeline (yet) again.

Jankowski and Foss exposed themselves too a lot of pain for that short distance they managed to crawl. Foss could barely walk on his own as seen on the footage from the triage at S Yukon Ct.

All of them, including Kastle ended up running through the doors. There is only approx. 5-6 feet from the faculty door to the door leading to the outside, based on the diagram.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21