Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The small questions thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Did we ever get clear confirmation about Zach going to Dylan's funeral or was it Zach's parents? I've seen both.

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 17478
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:39 pm

The 11k states Zach was present at the funeral. They don't use his first name, just "friend Heckler".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanks!

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Was Rachel in the production of Frankenstein?

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

I know Brooks Brown was in it...and I think Alex Marsh was too.

Can't find anything confirming whether or not Rachel was but I will post if I find anything!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks! I figured it would be in No Easy Answers if she was.

It sounds like it was a fun show.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 49032
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:05 pm

What year was the Columbine production Frankenstein? I remember reading that Rachel got shitty at a friend because her friend got one of the lead roles in an unnamed play and she didnt. I wonder if that was the same play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 pm

It was 1998 I believe either the end of Dylan's junior year or beginning of senior

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Anyone know what Dylan's obsession was with the number 5? It's referenced and drawn in his journal/writings multiple times. He draws it on road signs along the lost highway and puts it at the top of one of the pages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 65481
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:33 pm

The 5th Dimension

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The 5th Dimension

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks. I swear I learn something new about Columbine on a weekly basis here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Do you think if Eric or Dylan's photo had appeared alphabetically next to one of their victims in the yearbook, they would have still kept them in it? (New CVA video got me thinking)

I know it's a weird question, but imagine seeing your friend who was killed or paralyzed in a shooting and right next to them is the person who did it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 14517
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:21 pm

In a picture description assignment Eric did in highschool he describes a picture of a girl and basically just says negative stuff about her and then at the end he says "The taste of polyester comes to mind."
I thought that was really weird and out of place, does anybody know what he means?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:22 pm

In a picture description assignment Eric did in highschool he describes a picture of a girl and basically just says negative stuff about her and then at the end he says "The taste of polyester comes to mind."
I thought that was really weird and out of place, does anybody know what he means?

I thought it meant she was cheap and acrid.

I have to read it again.

I think Eric's black poem is funny. Dylan's shows that dark side of himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 30804
Forum Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Did Sue mention this in her book? I don't think she did but maybe I just don't remember.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, considering that Dylan trashed his hard drive, it would have been interesting if the police had examined the school's laptop computers to see if they could locate the one that Dylan had in his possession. I wonder if he'd used it before he had to bring it back and what might have been on there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm

I don't remember Sue talking about that. Was it ever confirmed? It wouldn't surprise me since they had special access to other things (locker list).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 am

I don't think that was ever confirmed.

Zach sounded like he could be as volatile as them back then. He participated in a lot with them and also wrote a threatening letter to Devon's ex. It wouldn't surprise me if Dylan was considering talking to him about going NBK, even if he wasn't serious at the time.

Dylan has a journal entry where he talks about finally finding his true love it's the whole "as a man, he conquers" something or other. I'm curious to know if there's a date on that. He seemed to have found his soulmate every few mothers or so.

ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:43 am

Zach sounded like he could be as volatile as them back then. He participated in a lot with them and also wrote a threatening letter to Devon's ex. It wouldn't surprise me if Dylan was considering talking to him about going NBK, even if he wasn't serious at the time.

Agree.  A lot of people really don't pay much attention to the fact that Zach was likely considered for a roll in NBK in the beginning. He was around for the Rebel Missions, so I have little doubt that Dylan probably considered him. But for some reason went with Eric instead. Maybe Zach drew the line at petty vandalism, while Eric was willing to go farther.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am

Agree.  A lot of people really don't pay much attention to the fact that Zach was likely considered for a roll in NBK in the beginning. He was around for the Rebel Missions, so I have little doubt that Dylan probably considered him. But for some reason went with Eric instead. Maybe Zach drew the line at petty vandalism, while Eric was willing to go farther.

I agree with all this. I think the turning point that pushed Zach away was getting in trouble for the lockers. He was involved, and afterwards his parents wouldn't allow him to spend as much time with E&D. Obviously he also had a girlfriend which contributed to the distancing as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 am

I agree with all this. I think the turning point that pushed Zach away was getting in trouble for the lockers. He was involved, and afterwards his parents wouldn't allow him to spend as much time with E&D. Obviously he also had a girlfriend which contributed to the distancing as well.

I'm beginning to think Zach and Dylan kind of just became school friends after a while. That was interesting to me because Devon reffered to him as her best friend for years after. Though it could be one of those "best friend group" things. though it seems like he spent more time with Robyn

There are some people who claim to have 10 best friends I don't know how that works lol

I don't have the quotes off the top of my head but they both vascilated between remembering Dylan fondly and distancing themselves from him. I'm not sure how I feel about Devon

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am

Zach did not speak fondly of E&D to LE when he was interviewed (which is to be expected).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 am

Zach did not speak fondly of E&D to LE when he was interviewed (which is to be expected).

You're right. I was misremembering

I'm not sure if you have to think of many happy memories either. I'm surprised that Nate was able to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

Re-reading some things from Eric's website and I noticed he says that even to the people he respects, they better stay out of his line of fire. What do you guys think of this statement?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 14517
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm

I wonder what exactly he was angry at when he wrote this.

I think he means that he is "considerate" enough to not aim at hurting the people he respects but out of control enough to not take responsibility for him accidentally hurting them.

He feels he can instead blame his feelings since others provoked them. He actually contributed to feeding his negative feelings himself in order to get more violent to be able to express his feelings so that excuse doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 pm

I think he means that he is "considerate" enough to not aim at hurting the people he respects but out of control enough to not take responsibility for him accidentally hurting them.

Agree. Eric and Dylan both seemed to consider the risk of their friends being injured or possibly even killed as collateral damage.

They even told a few "Hey if you survive then you can have this or that from my room." E&D knew they were putting them at risk, but just didn't really care.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Agree. Eric and Dylan both seemed to consider the risk of their friends being injured or possibly even killed as collateral damage.

They even told a few "Hey if you survive then you can have this or that from my room."  E&D knew they were putting them at risk, but just didn't really care.

They were looking at it as there's always casualties in a war and sometimes good people die.

If They were to have told Nate ,Zach, Robyn or Chris not to come to school Tuesday they'd probably just look at them like they were crazy and ask why. They knew full well that people they liked were going to be at school. Working for them/unlucky for everyone else they didn't see Robyn or anybody else before they started. Luckily nobody was in the library that they cared about.

I'd like to know why he was so angry in that post too

I've always found it interesting that Dylan was the one with more friends but Eric seemed to mention people and Dylan just mention his mom . Not even his dad and brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 pm

They even told a few "Hey if you survive then you can have this or that from my room."  E&D knew they were putting them at risk, but just didn't really care.

They were looking at it as there's always casualties in a war and sometimes good people die.

If  They were to have told Nate ,Zach,  Robyn  or Chris not to come to school Tuesday they'd probably just look at them like they were crazy and ask why. They knew full well that people they liked were going to be at school. Working for them/unlucky for everyone else they didn't see Robyn or anybody else before they started. Luckily nobody was in the library that they cared about.

I've always found it interesting that Dylan was the one with more friends but Eric seemed to mention people and Dylan  just mention his mom . Not even his dad and brother.

I know Sue has said it meant a lot to her that Dylan said "mom" in their goodbye video. I just wonder if that was the most painful part for Tom. Tom really thought they had a great relationship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:16 pm

If  They were to have told Nate ,Zach,  Robyn  or Chris not to come to school Tuesday they'd probably just look at them like they were crazy and ask why. They knew full well that people they liked were going to be at school. Working for them/unlucky for everyone else they didn't see Robyn or anybody else before they started. Luckily nobody was in the library that they cared about.

I've always found it interesting that Dylan was the one with more friends but Eric seemed to mention people and Dylan  just mention his mom . Not even his dad and brother.

I know Sue has said it meant a lot to her that Dylan said "mom" in their goodbye video. I just wonder if that was the most painful part for Tom. Tom really thought they had a great relationship.

True. Tom assumed they were very close. He considered Dylan his best friend.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Tom called him his best friend Sad

He's the one that talked to Dylan after the January incident. I'm hoping at the very least Byron and Tom clung to each other. That had to have been devestating

I can't help but think when I was hiking in Deer Creek Canyon that is where they walked and so many others walked to have tough talks or deal with stuff on their minds.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 pm

There is an interesting write up I found On EC  about someone's reaction to meeting Tom when Dylan got in trouble. Let me find it

I can't link it directly but if you search like father like son it's pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

The small questions thread
Page 5 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next