Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The small questions thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 57541

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Maybe it's just the way it was written? Some investigators were a bit more thorough with their descriptions. Although they did write that the knife was on his leg...

True... and I try not to look at the suicide photos but I think Dylan's arm is down on one side maybe touching the gun.

I wonder if his family kept his jewelry. He wore the same things everyday for years.

I definitely had a morbid curiosity about the photos but I find it hard to look at them anymore tbh.

I am sure they wanted to keep his jewelry, I just wonder what was allowed to be kept since some things were considered a biohazard. Do those pieces of evidence ever get released or are they destroyed?

I have to look it up but I think the pocket watch and ring were returned.

I imagine the earring and necklace had to have been covered in blood so probably a biohazard. His ring was on his gloved hand so probably fine. When I saw someone who knew Dylan it looked like they had a similar ring but I doubt it was his.. it would seem like an odd thing to wear around. Maybe not, I'm not sure why I'd do.

I have a visceral reaction when. I see the picture and get teary eyed... it's so weird. I never met them but I get sad. It's odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo

Contribution Points : 15443

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:20 pm

It makes me sad, too. Definitely not a weird reaction!

It's essentially the culmination of the deeds of two extremely troubled people who thought their death and the death of innocent people was their only hope for peace and happiness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 58424

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:23 pm

Has anyone ever confirmed exactly why SWAT had removed Dylan's jewelry? I know there was some debate about whether he had removed everything himself or not. scratch

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:30 pm

It makes me sad, too. Definitely not a weird reaction!

It's essentially the culmination of the deeds of two extremely troubled people who thought their death and the death of innocent people was their only hope for peace and happiness.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Has anyone ever confirmed exactly why SWAT had removed Dylan's jewelry? I know there was some debate about whether he had removed everything himself or not. scratch

Nothing that I've seen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:50 pm

2 possibly dumb questions. I was reading the 1 star reviews of AMR, some are actually sympathetic to Dylan more so than Sue. Like no wonder he was screwed up with a mom like that.

One reviewer mentioned 2 things that happened in the book that I'm not sure about, I've read it and listened to the audiobook.

1. Dylan got a DUI. That doesn't ring a bell

2. The gun magazines were addressed to Dylan. I don't think that was confirmed.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:52 pm

2 possibly dumb questions. I was reading the 1 star reviews of AMR, some are actually sympathetic to Dylan more so than Sue. Like no wonder he was screwed up with a mom like that.

One reviewer mentioned 2 things that happened in the book that I'm not sure about, I've read it and listened to the audiobook.

Never remember hearing about a dui. Wouldn't we have spoken extensively about this?

You're right about the catalogs. Sue never thought to check who they were addressed to, which leads me to believe they were for him and she overlooked it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:56 pm

Never remember hearing about a dui. Wouldn't we have spoken extensively about this?

You're right about the catalogs. Sue never thought to check who they were addressed to, which leads me to believe they were for him and she overlooked it.

Yes I assume we would've talked about that a lot. So she must be mistaken.

The overlooking makes sense.

oh!! Plus if he got a DUI in diversion he would've gotten into a lot of trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:53 pm

I read somewhere that E & D both said they never wanted kids. I know where Dylan's comes from, it was in AMR but I have never seen anything from Eric.

It makes you think, I wonder if their young "fangirls' who are in HS and in their early 20's realize they would have been 37 this year... if they sat down to think about it.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:59 pm

I bet either one or both would have changed their minds about kids. I always said I didn't want them until I was around 25-26 and then I realized I did (eventually). You never know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
23september

Contribution Points : 13620

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:50 am

Was there any audio in the cafeteria footage? Watching the '99 special report and they've got "buzzy" cafeteria sounds with shots in the background as the students look out the window. Maybe just special effects?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:09 am

Dylan supposedly getting a DUI is new news to me as well. scratch I have never come across anything saying that he was ever caught drinking while alive(other then him showing Sue the flask after Prom), much less drinking while driving.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:12 am

Dylan supposedly getting a DUI is new news to me as well. scratch I have never come across anything saying that he was ever caught drinking while alive(other then him showing Sue the flask after Prom), much less drinking while driving.  

I think the reviewer was mistaken, because I think he would have been kicked out of diversion. Unless it was before..but you'd think we'd hear about it.

The thought of even sipping on peppermint schnapps makes me go blah!

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 am

I think the reviewer was mistaken, because I think he would have been kicked out of diversion. Unless it was before..but you'd think we'd hear about it.

Honestly anything sweet mixed with liquor is just a recipe for disaster in my opinion. No I'm not big on drinking, not that I can't handle it, I just don't like not having full control of myself. But when I do drink, I'm a straight up shots kind of girl. Haha

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:40 am

Honestly anything sweet mixed with liquor is just a recipe for disaster in my opinion. No I'm not big on drinking, not that I can't handle it, I just don't like not having full control of myself. But when I do drink, I'm a straight up shots kind of girl. Haha

If it's good vodka I can drink it straight and I like the occasional scotch, I'm mostly a wine girl, my "drinking" days are over. I hate being drunk then unable to do anything the next day
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:43 am

If it's good vodka I can drink it straight and I like the occasional scotch, I'm mostly a wine girl, my "drinking" days are over. I hate being drunk then unable to do anything the next day

Agreed! My bounce back, recovery period isn't what it used to be! Haha

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:10 am

I really don't think he got a DUI. We would have heard about it for sure.

Vodka water - my go to drink!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 16536

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:14 am

I believe Sue said she didn't know Dylan drank or smoked.

If Dylan got a DUI im pretty sure she would know he was drinking Haha

W.A.R.
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 16536

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:17 am

I really don't think he got a DUI. We would have heard about it for sure.

Vodka water - my go to drink!

Long Island for me.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 am

cheers

She sure would, when I first read the book and she said he didn't drink I'm like... uhh..his nickname?

I guess one of their friends moms was getting them alcohol according to Eric I've always wondered who that was. I've always felt it's a little creepy when adults give kids alcohol, and it's not a special occasion . Maybe because of people I grew up with?

Does anyone else think vodka is a dumb nickname? I've always thought it wasn't very creative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 am

cheers

She sure would,  when I first read the book and she said he didn't drink I'm like... uhh..his nickname?

I guess one of their friends moms was getting them alcohol according to Eric I've always wondered who that was. I've always felt it's a little creepy when adults give kids alcohol, and it's not a special occasion . Maybe because of people I grew up with?

Does anyone else think vodka is a dumb nickname? I've always thought it wasn't very creative.

The teen me would think that an adult providing alcohol was perfectly fine.  Smile  Yet the adult/mom me is gritting her teeth! Mad  

In the coming years if I ever find out that another mom has given either of my children alcohol I will definitely be catching an assault charge. Twisted Evil

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 am

cheers

She sure would,  when I first read the book and she said he didn't drink I'm like... uhh..his nickname?

The teen me would think that an adult providing alcohol was perfectly fine.  Smile  Yet the adult/mom me is gritting her teeth! Mad  

In the coming years if I ever find out that another mom has given either of my children alcohol I will definitely be catching an assault charge. Twisted Evil

Same here! I remember having a wine cooler at a slumber party and thinking my friends mom was so cool.

I've been pondering, if i ever have a kid, whether I should let them try wine with dinner when they're 16/17 but it depends on a lot of factors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:57 am

cheers

Same here! I remember having a wine cooler at a slumber party and thinking my friends mom was so cool.

I've been pondering, if i ever have a kid, whether I should let them try wine with dinner when they're 16/17 but it depends on a lot of factors.

To each their own in that department. What someone else wants to do with their kids isn't my business. As long as it doesn't involve mine.Smile  

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:06 am

cheers

To each their own in that department. What someone else wants to do with their kids isn't my business. As long as it doesn't involve mine.Smile  

Damn straight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 am

These chat conversations intrigue me. The way Eric is talking about taking action or wanting to take action and "play god" almost makes it look like he was feeling out this girl to see if she would be interested. If he did this with a random girl online, I wonder who else he talked to about these things (besides Dylan). Am I looking too far into it? What do you think?

"you and me are the ones who should be running the world"

"i just wish i could actually DO this instead of just DREAM about it all"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:27 am

These chat conversations intrigue me. The way Eric is talking about taking action or wanting to take action and "play god" almost makes it look like he was feeling out this girl to see if she would be interested. If he did this with a random girl online, I wonder who else he talked to about these things (besides Dylan). Am I looking too far into it? What do you think?

It does "seem" like he was testing the waters. Possibly to see how much this girl could think like him, or how she would react to the way he thought and the things he said.scratch

Also I will be saying "yey doggie" from now on! Haha

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:30 am

It does "seem" like he was testing the waters. Possibly to see how much this girl could think like him, or how she would react to the way he thought and the things he said.scratch

I like that theory too...almost wanting to see if he could be "accepted" for those thoughts, not necessarily wanting to see them through with her
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:35 am

I like that theory too...almost wanting to see if he could be "accepted" for those thoughts, not necessarily wanting to see them through with her

From her responses she seemed to be just saying anything that kinda went with what he said. Not like she really felt that way but just sort of responded in a way to keep the conversation going. At least in my opinion.

Also her "Hey hold on, I want to read your prof" is code for I have to see what he looks like before I continue on with this. Rolling Eyes Haha

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 am

Must have been scary for that girl to realize who she had been talking to, in hindsight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 am

I've never seen this part!

Maybe he was also trying to get an idea of how people would react? Maybe seeing if people also felt the way he fell. A lot of people do and wouldn't mind talking about it but they wouldn't actually do it.

I wonder who she was? Were all these from people Eric knew in real life or just other girls he may have talked to through AIM?

The small questions thread
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next