Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The small questions thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Littlelo

Contribution Points : 14518

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Not to mention it would put to rest, once and for all, the Rachel/Eric controversy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 46549

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Was the whole 'Eric and Dylan killed themselves outside of the library doors" debunked?

If they were outside how could Patrick have heard Dylan coughing?

I will have to look at the map again.

It sure would put the Eric and Rachel thing to rest, they didn't even get her hair right, they needed it to be long for the dramatic death scene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Her family went through the trouble of having her car restored to have it in the movie and make things more accurate or "real" but couldn't even get her appearance correct. She had recently cut off all of her hair for a part she was playing that spring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Her family went through the trouble of having her car restored to have it in the movie and make things more accurate or "real" but couldn't even get her appearance correct. She had recently cut off all of her hair for a part she was playing that spring.

Exactly and it's not as though they could have said 'well we forgot that she cut her hair" because her prom pictures showed the short hair...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Exactly and it's not as though they could have said 'well we forgot that she cut her hair" because her prom pictures showed the short hair...

Yup. It makes me so frustrated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 28812

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Was the whole 'Eric and Dylan killed themselves outside of the library doors" debunked?

It sure would put the Eric and Rachel thing to rest, they didn't even get her hair right, they needed it to be long for the dramatic death scene.

Wait what? Is this even a question?

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Wait what?  Is this even a question?

The outside the library statement was a question, since someone brought it up today on another thread THEN I remembered the molotov cocktail and everything else so it's not anymore Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Wait what?  Is this even a question?

The outside the library statement was a question, since someone brought it up today on another thread THEN I remembered the molotov cocktail and everything else so it's not anymore Smile

Oh ok I was just like ? How is it possible that someone thinks they died outside? Their bodies were found inside

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:06 pm

I wondered that too but I saw it today and I've seen it a few times before and I was puzzled... so I was wondering if there was something to it. There's not, just basic misinformation some people seem to have.

My question was poorly worded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Does anyone know if the Harris family ever toured the school/library? This sign-in sheet shows the date and time that the Klebolds went, and it got me wondering.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Does anyone know if the Harris family ever toured the school/library? This sign-in sheet shows the date and time that the Klebolds went, and it got me wondering.

Not that I know of. They also didn't want the clothing or personal items Eric had that day. Unlike the Klebolds

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:56 pm

I've never seen them listed as visiting the library.

I noticed Patti Nielson is listed as family not staff.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Not that I know of.  They also didn't want the clothing or personal items Eric had that day.  Unlike the Klebolds

Wow I didn't know that. I guess you can understand why since the memories tied with it would be painful. But it's still sad to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm

After the evidence tour do we know if Dylans parents got his coat back?

I wonder too if they got his ring, pocket watch and necklace back too?

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:01 pm

The Klebolds were given his items. It took a fight from them as they didn't want to give them the items. They threatened a lawsuit IIRC

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:09 pm

The Klebolds were given his items.  It took a fight from them as they didn't want to give them the items.  They threatened a lawsuit IIRC

They really fought for Dylan even after everything. Thank you for the info.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 49088

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:15 pm

The Klebolds were given his items.  It took a fight from them as they didn't want to give them the items.  They threatened a lawsuit IIRC

I never understood WHY they made such a big deal out of returning Dylan's belongings to his mom and dad. scratch

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Yeah once the investigation is over, does it really make a difference to JeffCo what they did with his belongings? His parents had every right to demand them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:39 pm

Yeah once the investigation is over, does it really make a difference to JeffCo what they did with his belongings? His parents had every right to demand them.

In my opinion the Klebolds shouldn't have HAD to demand the return of their dead son's belongings. Evil or Very Mad

Just another indicator that Jeffco was run by a bunch of assholes back then.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Detectives interviewed anyone who's name appeared on Eric or Dylan's hit lists.

Apparently, when they reached out to one individual they discovered he or she had been present in the library on the day of the shooting. So not only was this person hated by Eric or Dylan (or both), but they survived.

Who do you think it was? Do you think E&D saw them and let them live?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:29 pm

It would likely have to be someone sitting close enough to have seen Dylan shoot Cory. Check the near by tables and that would narrow it down some.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Szabo

Contribution Points : 13232

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Seth Houy who was under table 10 was in E&Ds bowling class, and was reportedly a "jock", but I'm not too sure if he could see table 14 (where Corey was) from his position. He's really the only person in that area of the library I could see having had any contact with E&D prior to 4/20.

Is it known if any girls appeared on the hit lists?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Is it known if any girls appeared on the hit lists?

The names are redacted but using context in the reports, yes, some were female.

You might be right about Seth...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:36 pm

I sometimes wonder how many people they saw and how much of it was shooting blindly under tables. There's a lot of adrenaline I'm sure. They let John go and talked to him and they also talked to Evan but other people it seems like they were shooting blindly.

Szabo, thanks for that info!!

As far as girls, Eric had a hit list of girls, I also believe that Eric had the girl or the girls boyfriend that Dylan called a bitch on his list. No reasoning behind why Dylan seemed to have such a dislike of her.

Ah, there's my question for my fellow researchers.

Where is the interview with that girl from gym class that Dylan pushed and called a bitch?

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 pm

It is interesting to me that a lot of girls called Dylan sweet and gentle then he's pushing other girls in class.

I knew someone like that, he punched me in the back on graduation day. His friend (a girl) told him to knock it off and apologized on his behalf.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 pm

I am assuming we would have heard about Dylan in this aspect via AMR BUT do we know if Eric or Dylan had any actual suicide attempts?

Do we know if anyone ever saw any of Dylan's self mutilation marks? It wasn't on his autopsy but he talks about cutting himself.

munchkinphone
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 10992

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 am

E&D were not as tight-lipped as people think. It amazes me how many opportunities there were for someone to put the pieces together.

I still can't get over, if it is true, Mark Manes asking Eric if he was going shooting and he said "maybe tomorrow" he probably had a huge smirk on his face.

There was a story either at the mall or at the cafeteria, they were showing pictures of the layout of the school to people. I could be combing a few stories together...

I think either Alex Marsh or Nicole Markham said she walked up to them in the cafeteria while they were holding a piece of paper. She grabbed it from their hands even though they were trying to be discrete with it. She said it was a map of the school (or maybe just the cafeteria?) that included locations of the security cameras.

I think it was just the cafeteria. It is interesting that they located the cameras and then proceeded to get caught on tape by most of them. I wonder if it in any case was intentional, like for example the bomb planting where they are very visible. I feel like they could have gone behind the pillar instead of in front of it to avoid getting caught on tape.

Well I guess it is just another thing to show they absolutely had no thoughts about the repercussions of their crime, knowing they where gonna make sure to end themselves before getting caught.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:00 am

Maybe they wanted to be caught by the cameras? I don't think there would be any motivation not to; they weren't planning on living through NBK. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 10992

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 am

I am assuming we would have heard about Dylan in this aspect via AMR BUT do we know if Eric or Dylan had any actual suicide attempts?

Do we know if anyone ever saw any of Dylan's self mutilation marks? It wasn't on his autopsy but he talks about cutting himself.

I've read in the 11k someone mentioning Dylan as the guy who carved his arm with a razor. I dont remember where though. However if I remember it correctly the statement regarded something he had heard long before the attack. Probably junior year sometime.

Ok, I found it in the 11k highlights thread:

11k-report
p1101-1200
page 15
Have you seen them before?
Yes, in school, they are seniors, one carved his arm with a razor.

Creds to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by munchkinphone on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:05 am

I've read in the 11k someone mentioning Dylan as the guy who carved his arm with a razor. I dont remember where though. However if I remember it correctly the statement regarded something he had heard long before the attack. Probably junior year sometime.

I'd be interested to see that part of the report. There is a ton of misinformation by "leads" in the 11k, but if we had reason to believe it was an accurate report, it would be a big piece of evidence.

Would the coroner have noted seeing scars on his arms, even if there weren't any actual cuts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The small questions thread
Page 2 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next