Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The small questions thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:11 am

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is there anything that validates Eric telling someone to stop bitching it's a flesh wound. I remember people way back quoting that, it's funny though because it's from Monty Python.... it seems like an odd thing to make up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 am

I believe he probably said "quit your bitching". But maybe over time that got combined with the quote on his AOL profile (which is the Monty Python quote). Or maybe he really did say it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks littlelo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 am

I'm wondering how much Eric would have had to have told Dr.Albert about 4/20 for police involvement.

Would he have had to spell everything out with specifics or would a "my friend and I are so mad we are considering blowing up the school"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm wondering how much Eric would have had to have told Dr.Albert about 4/20 for police involvement.

Would he have had to spell everything out with specifics or would a "my friend and I are so mad we are considering blowing up the school"

I also wonder this because I know there is a line you can't cross regarding patient confidentiality unless there is an imminent threat to him or others.

I doubt he would have said anything too incriminating though. Who knows how that might be different if it were today...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:50 am

Do we have a fairly accurate idea of how many minutes there were between Brooks & Eric's conversation and the first shots fired outside/pipe bombs detonated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Do we have a fairly accurate idea of how many minutes there were between Brooks & Eric's conversation and the first shots fired outside/pipe bombs detonated?

From Brooks account in his book, it was within a few minutes of him walking away from the school parking lot down Pierce Street that he heard the gunshots, mistaking them for a nail gun at first.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:39 pm

This is a nice summary of Brooks' movements.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm

This is a nice summary of Brooks' movements.

Awesome, thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 pm

I've always been curious about the 1999 year end musical Oklahoma. Dylan is listed as doing sound for it and I have always wondered who was in it. I don't think they actually did it of course but it was after Smoke in the Room. Oklahoma was also my year end musical at my high school in 1999. I was Ado Annie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:12 am

Also was it just Dylan and Zach Heckler who wrote in the college admission essay that there was going to be a "big production" in the spring?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 pm

I saw this video and apparently Eric and Dylan had customized their trenchcoats to be able to light co2 bombs while shooting.

So it seems their plan was to have them on, what do you guys think changed it? And when?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Good question, Eric took his off pretty soon into the massacre and Dylan took his off in the library. In the cafeteria footage Dylan lights a bomb and throws it.

Did they have something around their arm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Good question, Eric took his off pretty soon into the massacre and Dylan took his off in the library. In the cafeteria footage Dylan lights a bomb and throws it.

Did they have something around their arm?

They had supposedly attached matchbox igniter strips to their arms.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Question....are there any copies of Dylan's journal that show the scans in more "high definition"? I've seen one color photocopy of a page of his day planner that looks like an original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:25 pm

I've seen one color photocopy of a page of his day planner that looks like an original.
Could you link us to what you are talking about? That sounds interesting and I don't think I have seen it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:28 pm

I've seen one color photocopy of a page of his day planner that looks like an original.
Could you link us to what you are talking about? That sounds interesting and I don't think I have seen it.

Sure, here it is. It's taken from A Columbine Site:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:41 pm

BTW I asked about high res journal scans because a lot of Dylan's writing bled through to the other side of the paper. Some places where he writes the name of a girl are just barely visible. I'm wondering if it would be possible to analyze and make out a letter or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Let us know if you see anything!

I think one was Marla Faust because of a rumor I heard, I heard someone found her info and emailed her and she said she spoke to the FBI and to leave her alone.. the leave her alone part sounds about right.

Plus he did ask her to prom too. Maybe that's why Robyn had to "convince him" he didn't want to go with her, he wanted to go with Marla? Sad

I also wonder, from the other posts about what would happen to other mass murderers if they were still alive.

I wonder sometimes how Eric and Dylan do in prison. I often think not very well. Unless Eric really played up his interest in Nazis and joined a group. Dylan would have found some way or other to kill himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:24 pm

I also wonder, from the other posts about what would happen to other mass murderers if they were still alive.

I wonder sometimes how Eric and Dylan do in prison. I often think not very well. Unless Eric really played up his interest in Nazis and joined a group. Dylan would have found some way or other to kill himself.

Eric would probably have fared about as well as Kip Kinkel. He wanted to die, tried to get the police to shoot him when he was arrested. Now he is sitting in prison with a life sentence, trying to appeal and using the insanity plea.

I think Dylan would have committed suicide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Where was the prom held in 1999?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 pm

It was held at the Denver Design Center
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:48 am

In Eric's Yearbook Dylan writes I think Senior then crosses it out and writes"Junior year" Do you think there was any significance in that?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:00 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is there anything that validates Eric telling someone to stop bitching it's a flesh wound. I remember people way back quoting that, it's funny though because it's from Monty Python.... it seems like an odd thing to make up.
100% a recent video of the victim shows her shoulder wound and repeats Eric's exact words. I'll try find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:17 am

In his journal, Eric says that he will force himself not to have feelings of sympathy or mercy for any of his victims when he goes NBK. So many people say he couldn't have had those feelings in order to do what he did. Do you think he really just forced himself not to care on that day? I can't imagine being able to do that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:18 am

I interpret them not killing anyone after the library as some sort of sympathy or them coming back down to reality and realizing that killing people was not as "fun' as they thought and some of their humanity was returning.

They wanted to shoot people from afar then get killed by cops.

I could be looking at it through an empathetic lens and be wrong but I think Eric did force himself not to care, he seemed to have more empathy then Dylan did. Dylan barely said anything during the good bye message according to the transcripts of the BT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:35 am

I agree, I think Eric felt worse than Dylan about everything. He apologized to his family in TBT. He had to force himself to be cold and uncaring. I think Dylan was so depressed he lost his sense of reality and didn't even need to disassociate himself from the pain he was causing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The small questions thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next