Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.

Go down 
+3
STK
Dingus
goodusername4u
7 posters
AuthorMessage
goodusername4u

Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0

I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Empty
PostSubject: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 pm

I say that because Harris and Klebold, while both wearing one glove, wore them on opposing hands. It's like Lanza was wearing a glove on both hands in reference to them. Maybe, if i'm right with what i just said, he felt he was honoring them by doing this.
Back to top Go down
Dingus

Contribution Points : 60016

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Last edited by Dingus on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 4:53 pm

He probably wore them because fingerless gloves (like sunglasses) makes the murdering of cowering defenseless children incapable of in any way defending themselves, crying as the memory of their mother's warmth fades away to be replaced by the merciless cold of the eternal void, cruel and........wait a minute. What was I on about? Aww who cares, the point is that all black, sunglasses, and fingerless gloves looks badass.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 5:01 pm

STK wrote:
He probably wore them because fingerless gloves (like sunglasses) makes the murdering of cowering defenseless children incapable of in any way defending themselves, crying as the memory of their mother's warmth fades away to be replaced by the merciless cold of the eternal void, cruel and........wait a minute. What was I on about? Aww who cares, the point is that all black, sunglasses, and fingerless gloves looks badass.

I have to agree with STK and Dingus. Lanza might have just wanted to rock a pair of fingerless gloves to match his "Murderer" outfit.
Back to top Go down
Dingus

Contribution Points : 60016

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Last edited by Dingus on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 5:51 pm

I think Eric and Dylan wore the gloves because the jackasses kept cutting their hands firing their guns, from what I saw in Rampart Range.

I think Dylan thought they were bad ass, Eric probably thought it was tactical. Then he broke his nose...

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Dingus wrote:

This is probably irrelevant, but he was wearing a green Eddie Bauer vest.
Yeah, the fishing vest and the "boonie" style hat kinda devalues the badass image he was (probably) trying to convey. Should've gone with cameo......

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
goodusername4u

Contribution Points : 59171

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Lanza I feel no doubt thought the boonie hat looked cool on himself. I could see him getting inspiration for the hat from Captain Price, a special forces character from Call of Duty 4 (a game he owned and played).
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69376
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 2:51 am

It is possible, but people do wear those to fire guns anyway.

Seung did the same thing, not just the gloves but a backward 90's style hat (which has now come back into fashion as of 2010's) but his room mates saw his final rant video and said he never wore his hat like that before, so that was a definite nod to the boys. I can't remember if he wore it during the massacre though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 10:55 am

I think chi did not wear it during the massacre, his autopsy had him hatless. And with autopsies they try to keep the crime scene exactly the same so maybe the hat fell off and the police marked it as evidence
Back to top Go down
Semperfidelis

Contribution Points : 56872
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 4:59 am

Adam hated certain tactile sensations. He may have been protecting his warped little brain from having to touch more metal (something he really hated) than necessary.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 11:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There were latex gloves in several places around his house so I understand why you're saying that but if this was his concern, I don't think that he would have cut off the fingers. I've also always thought that the reluctance to touch metal was related to a contamination phobia (OCD) rather than an aversion to the tactile sensation so it's interesting that you brought this up. I wonder if you are correct.

I think that he definitely wore them as part of the "costume" as others have mention and probably also because other shooters have used them for practical reasons. Adam was prone to sweating when he was stressed or anxious so he may have been concerned about this. His mother wrote in an e-mail in 2006 that during his Yale evaluation, “His palms were sweating so much that his shirt got wet."
Back to top Go down
Semperfidelis

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Good points. I kind or used the "tactile sensation" remark in place of the more officially diagnosed problem of OCD. You are most likely correct.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Semperfidelis wrote:
Good points.  I kind or used the "tactile sensation" remark in place of the more officially diagnosed problem of OCD.  You are most likely correct.
Well, I still think your point is valid. You are absolutely correct that he had issues with tactile sensations and that was in addition to the apparently OCD related phobias. The sensory issues were probably related to Asperger Syndrome although Nancy often referred to a Sensory Integration Disorder/Sensory Processing Disorder when Adam was younger because somehow, despite displaying several autistic traits and undergoing various evaluations in his early years, he was not even officially diagnosed with autism for the first time until he was 13. In addition to his speech therapy, he also received special education therapy to improve his ability to withstand tactile stimulation when he was younger. They said that there was improvement and that it was not interfering with his functioning as much but I believe that Adam's preference for wearing the same clothes (not the exact pieces but the same style) day after day throughout his school years may have been partially due to the fact that it was difficult for him to find clothes that he felt comfortable wearing. It was also mentioned by an internet friend that one of his issues with eating was the texture of foods so the sensory problems clearly persisted in some ways, even up to his death.

(As an aside, Elliot Rodger had similar issues with the textures of certain foods which caused him to be a picky eater. His symptoms only earned him a PDD-NOS diagnosis (basically, sub-clinical autism/Aspergers) but he did not like to eat any foods with a gooey texture, like melted cheese.)
Back to top Go down
Semperfidelis

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 7:06 pm

You are just a wealth of knowledge on this "man". Seriously, as soon as I can PM you I will. There is much to speak about on this topic.

I find it very sad that even in one of the better school districts in one of the better states, mental health care was still able to fail so totally because of parental interference.

And, yeah, for all of the faux-commando-chic nonsense he was rockin', the " A River Runs Through Me"* look of the green Eddie Bauer vest was a real reach, but he made it work.

*"Children are swept away in the stream of semen" - Adam Lanza not channeling Dr. Seuss... I seriously wonder WTF that kid meant by that remark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.   I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I feel Lanza wore two fingerless gloves because Harris and Klebold did.
Page 1 of 1