Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

who shot who?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aimee Lacroux

Contribution Points : 8821

PostSubject: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:32 am

Ive never come across a list showing who exactly d&e each killed, done anyone know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 76966

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:37 am

I've wondered this too. I always read Eric shot/killed more people than Dylan. I think they attributed Dylan to 5. However, I've never seen any evidence indicating this.

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 25792

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:51 am

Eric Harris:
-Rachel Scott
-Daniel Rohrbough
-Dave Sanders
-Steven Cournow
-Cassie Bernall
-Kelly Fleming
-Daniel Mauser
-Isaiah Shoels

Dylan Klebold:
-Kyle Valasques
-Matt Kechter
-Lauren Townsend
-John Tomlin
-Corey DePooter

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 25792

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 am

There is evidence indicating that Dylan killed 5.
Both by forensics and witness reports.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 30654

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:56 am

There is a good thread about this.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 am

Great thanks!

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 17428

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:50 am

It's interesting that only 2 of the victims who were killed were shot by only Dylan (Kyle and Matthew). Everyone else who was killed was either shot by both E&D or just Eric.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:58 am

The link explains why, think eric had better guns and aim.

ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 76739

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:10 am

Eric did in fact kill more, but he had also used his weapons a significant amount more then Dylan as well.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 am

Dylan did sure talk alot according to accounts .

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

It is true that Dylan seemed to be more vocal, and loud during the attack. While Eric was said to have been less vocal and appeared as if he was more on a mission then being completely out of control as Dylan was. But they both were laughing and tormenting those at their mercy.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

Contribution Points : 59217

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 am

It is true that Dylan seemed to be more vocal, and loud during the attack. While Eric was said to have been less vocal and appeared as if he was more on a mission then being completely out of control as Dylan was. But they both were laughing and tormenting those at their mercy.
After Eric broke his nose I think he sort of lost focus though. That was probably something that sort of snapped him back into reality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:29 am

After Eric broke his nose I think he sort of lost focus though. That was probably something that sort of snapped him back into reality.

Agreed, he was probably pretty disoriented which must have affected his actions from that point forward. I wonder if he was more angry or embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:31 am

Agreed, he was probably pretty disoriented which must have affected his actions from that point forward. I wonder if he was more angry or embarrassed.
I remember reading Dylan said about one of the surviving victims "you can have him" and Eric kind of just walked off. I don't think he was that interested anymore after he broke his nose. He was probably just thinking about killing himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 am

I do believe that was a turning point. He had wanted to go out with a bang, and not only did his bombs fail but he broke his own nose. Rolling Eyes

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:34 am

Might have been Evan Todd. Always surprising to me that they let him go essentially unharmed. Both of them wanted to kill as many people as they could, according to their writings, but it did not seem to be their main motivation on that day. It was more about destruction and inciting fear/playing god.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 am

Might have been Evan Todd. Always surprising to me that they let him go essentially unharmed. Both of them wanted to kill as many people as they could, according to their writings, but it did not seem to be their main motivation on that day. It was more about destruction and inciting fear/playing god.
It's harder for these mass murderers to kill anybody they have a connection with. Anybody they spoke to really didn't die that day unless it was a taunt or something vindictive.

Evan Todd made a little connection with Dylan and Eric by saying he never hated them and always respected them, etc. They probably didn't have it in them to kill the kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 am

The way e&d behaved was on the spur, as if they didnt have a concrete plan. I do think dylan was as crazy as eric, a madman shouting despite what sue says. Even if one is depressed its no excuse killing people so Dylan was a madman (his head was messed up)They just took the moments as they came, and after eric hurt his nose he probably was ready to get things over with. Eric was more skilled of the 2 with guns so it figures he would have a better aim .

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 am

It's harder for these mass murderers to kill anybody they have a connection with. Anybody they spoke to really didn't die that day unless it was a taunt or something vindictive.

Evan Todd made a little connection with Dylan and Eric by saying he never hated them and always respected them, etc. They probably didn't have it in them to kill the kid.

OR they wanted him to relive that moment for the rest of his life. I wonder how many times Bree Pasquale had thought about having to beg Eric for her life over the past 18+ years? Sad

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:50 am

For some reason i cant reply to a posters post, but i think they let certain types go because it was all «on the spur» like madmen behave... chopping and changing personas. They say they hated jocks /everyone but then they let certain types go.

Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:52 am

The way e&d behaved was on the spur,  as if they didnt have a concrete plan. I do think dylan was as crazy as eric, a madman shouting despite what sue says. Even if one is depressed its no excuse killing people so Dylan was a madman (his head was messed up)They just took the moments as they came, and after eric hurt his nose he probably was ready to get things over with. Eric was more skilled of the 2 with guns so it figures he would have a better aim .
I think what Dylan experienced was hollowness -- not exactly "depression".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 76966

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:53 am

Since it was supposed to be a bombing and then a secondary shooting they were erratic.

Sue has never said Dylan wasn't culpable or cruel. I'd like to see quotes from Sue where she says Dylan wasn't cruel that day. She did talk about her feelings and actions before and after the October 1999 presentation of evidence.

If you've never had feelings like they did. Not feeling human you can't understand.

Some people with mental illness become violent. Kids that are bullied can snap and sometimes the pain and anger can last into adulthood l.

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 am

Ivan, do you remember sue said he had depression? See i dont buy that, i used that term as she says it was his mental health, well eric also was mentally unstable.

Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 am

OR they wanted him to relive that moment for the rest of his life. I wonder how many times Bree Pasquale had thought about having to beg Eric for her life over the past 18+ years? Sad  
That's cruel as well.

If only Eric and Dylan spoke to a psychiatrist about their REAL problems and opened up about the plan, etc. I don't think they'd go to jail. They'd just be put in a Mental Health program specifically designed to help them out of that crap.

But they never spoke about it and what's done is done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:56 am

Ivan, do you remember sue said he had depression? See i dont buy that, i used that term as she says it was his mental health, well eric also was mentally unstable.
The only person who would know if Dylan had depression was Dylan though. Sue can only go by what Dylan told her and I think he may have mistaken hollowness for depression.

I have studied this case since 2010 along with others off and on and it's the only conclusion I can come to. A child that is "depressed" doesn't break into a van and steal items for the Hell of it. Nor do they plan and embark on a mass shooting.

Eric and Dylan were more similar than we think. I also think Dave Cullen is an idiot because Eric ADMITTED to depression/feeling lonely in his journal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:57 am

Yea but sue saw 1 side,and as a mother we tend to see the best in our kids. Its obvious Dylan had 2 sides, we all do, unfortunately the unstable side vented out.

Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:00 am

Yea but sue saw 1 side,and as a mother we tend to see the best in our kids. Its obvious Dylan had 2 sides, we all do, unfortunately the unstable side vented out.
I don't think everyone has two different personalities. I think Dylan was hiding his true self away from his Mom and Dad. I do think he loved them very much and probably did find it hard to leave them behind -- he was just less vocal about it than Eric.

Dylan had a lot of problems but I think they were problems he was born with that manifested into what he became as a teenager.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:01 am

Ivan i agree that e&d were somewhat similar, they both broke into a van, both killed people , both of them lost it in the end and killed themself... . What do you mean by hollow?

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:01 am

But could it have been a combination of depression and another mental illness or multiple illnesses? I tend to link the depression to his suicide but something more sinister with the homicide, although that is just my opinion/observation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 am

Ivan i agree that e&d were somewhat similar, they both broke into a van, both killed people , both of them lost it in the end and killed themself...   . What do you mean by hollow?
That he felt empty, nothing inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

who shot who?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next