Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

who shot who?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ivan
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
But could it have been a combination of depression and another mental illness or multiple illnesses? I tend to link the depression to his suicide but something more sinister with the homicide, although that is just my opinion/observation.
A lot of people who suffer from Antisocial Personality Disorder talk about suicide/think about the action but they rarely go through with it. I think Dylan committed suicide to avoid consequences for his actions on that fateful day -- as did Eric.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:05 am

Ivan i agree that e&d were somewhat similar, they both broke into a van, both killed people , both of them lost it in the end and killed themself...   . What do you mean by hollow?
That he felt empty, nothing inside.

He had anger, self loathing etc inside. He tried to self medicate. He needed help. So did Eric.

Littlelo I agree it was a combination of a couple things. Even his mom admits that there was more than just depression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:05 am

Ivan, i didnt say sides for me meant different personalities, i meant sides as in our moods can change depending on environment, brain state, health, who we are with, etc. Moods not personality.

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 am

Guys gals I cant seem to post replies to your posts?

Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 am

But could it have been a combination of depression and another mental illness or multiple illnesses? I tend to link the depression to his suicide but something more sinister with the homicide, although that is just my opinion/observation.
A lot of people who suffer from Antisocial Personality Disorder talk about suicide/think about the action but they rarely go through with it. I think Dylan committed suicide to avoid consequences for his actions on that fateful day -- as did Eric.

I guess I have to respectfully disagree with that. I don't believe Dylan killed himself to avoid reprecussions of NBK. I think he genuinely wanted to die, and may have even been surprised that he lived long enough to carry out the shooting before ending his life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 am

I don't think there has ever been much doubt on why they killed themselves. Dylan wanted to die, but needed something HUGE to push him so he wouldn't back out of it. Eric killed himself to avoid paying for his actions. Surviving was never in the plans.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:09 am

I think e&d suffered from a multitude of things that they didnt get help for. Its unfortunate build up of low self esteem and unhappiness at the school/life.

Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:09 am

Ivan i agree that e&d were somewhat similar, they both broke into a van, both killed people , both of them lost it in the end and killed themself...   . What do you mean by hollow?
That he felt empty, nothing inside.

He had anger, self loathing etc inside. He tried to self medicate. He needed help. So did Eric.

Littlelo I agree it was a combination of a couple things. Even his mom admits that there was more than just depression.
Once again, a lot of people with the same disorder have huge self esteem issues that they try to compensate by making fun of/bullying others. Which is exactly what E&D did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:11 am

I don't think there has ever been much doubt on why they killed themselves. Dylan wanted to die, but needed something HUGE to push him so he wouldn't back out of it. Eric killed himself to avoid paying for his actions. Surviving was never in the plans.
I think Eric and Dylan would have felt even worse if they were arrested instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:13 am

Ivan, i didnt say sides for me meant different personalities, i meant sides as in our moods can change depending on environment, brain state, health, who we are with, etc.  Moods not personality.
But when you have huge problems like E&D those thoughts plague your mind endlessly.

I bet even when they were just hanging out with Chris Morris all they could think about was what was going to happen in April of 1999.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:13 am

I can agree with this. Depression was what put Dylan on to the suicide path. BUT exactly what made him want to take others lives is still not 100% known.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:16 am

"Melancholia

This is the term used to describe a severe form of depression where many of the physical symptoms of depression are present. One of the major changes is that the person starts to move more slowly. They're also more likely to have a depressed mood that is characterized by complete loss of pleasure in everything, or almost everything."

"Psychotic depression

Sometimes people with a depressive disorder can lose touch with reality and experience psychosis. This can involve hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't there) or delusions (false beliefs that aren't shared by others), such as believing they are bad or evil, or that they're being watched or followed. They can also be paranoid, feeling as though everyone is against them or that they are the cause of illness or bad events occurring around them."

Dylan did not experience either of these things. He was still partaking in his usual activities and he was never psychotic.

It will be very hard to convince me Eric and Dylan weren't sociopathic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:16 am

E&d would not want to survive .... as far as they were concerned they was god and could end theirs and others lives when they chose to. (Madmen behaviour)... not to mention facing their parents, jail, etc.... suicide for them was easy option.

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:22 am

Scientifically, certain mental issues distort chemicals in the brain , which can result in violent episodes.
The religious theory as some would Claim say they were possessed.

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:23 am

If only we had a time machine lol

Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:23 am

Scientifically, certain mental issues distort chemicals in the brain , which can result in violent episodes.
The religious theory as some  would Claim say they were possessed.
This was not some one-off violent episode. They planned the attack for over a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:26 am

Now that would be heading into a whole new topic! As some who have seen the video of Eric in the cafeteria claim that the weird faces he was making and strange sounds, etc. proves he was being possessed. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 am

I think Eric and Dylan would have felt even worse if they were arrested instead.

No doubt there. But the question is would they have felt worse about what they had done, all the innocent lives they took? OR would they have just felt bad about getting caught before they could kill themselves?

Seeing as neither were really menacing or scary in any way. I can imagine their time in prison wouldn't have been very pleasant. They knew this as well, which is why they never planned on surviving.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:52 am

Prison isn't what folklore makes you believe though. They would just be locked away for 23 hours a day and given one hour of free time for exercise.

I actually see Eric and Dylan gaining a lot of weight over the years. I also think their health would deteriorate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Prison isn't what folklore makes you believe though. They would just be locked away for 23 hours a day and given one hour of free time for exercise.

I actually see Eric and Dylan gaining a lot of weight over the years. I also think their health would deteriorate.

Either way, they had just never planned on living past NBK.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:34 am

This was not some one-off violent episode. They planned the attack for over a year.

True, they did plan it. However this mathes the science that chemicals in the brain take a while to de-balance , its not like a thing that happens straight away all at once.

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:36 am

Now that would be heading into a whole new topic! As some who have seen the video of Eric in the cafeteria claim that the weird faces he was making and strange sounds, etc.  proves he was being possessed. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

yes i did see the video and yes he looked a little out of place almost bored. Certain Religious people would say he was possessed lol cant prove it one way or the other anyway.

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:38 am

I do think they hated their life and both E/D thought that by killing everyone and themselves they are making a big statement that they are god, its kind of like a FU to everyone who knew them.

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: who shot who?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:42 am

No doubt there. But the question is would they have felt worse about what they had done, all the innocent lives they took? OR would they have just felt bad about getting caught before they could kill themselves?  

Seeing as neither were really menacing or scary in any way. I can imagine their time in prison wouldn't have been very pleasant. They knew this as well, which is why they never planned on surviving.

I would think they would feel more sorry for themselves that they were caught. They didnt care for the victims and would never repent unless they got the PROPER professional help they needed (to treat their underlying issues of low self esteem, violence etc ) but no doubt they would hate prison and they wouldnt have the guts to sit in jail or a psychiatric ward and do their time .

who shot who?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2