Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

where the old library was?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aimee Lacroux

Contribution Points : 8196

PostSubject: where the old library was?   Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:00 pm

I know they have renovated (where the old library entrance was) with lockers, and a window i was told, does anyone have any images ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

Contribution Points : 18778

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm

It has been made to align with the wall next to it, and there is windows over looking the cafeteria. I believe sorotiyalpha has photos where they have put a large blue clock over it.

a temporariy wall with lockers replaced it in August 1999

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here it is now
update credit to sorotiyalpha

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:14 am

Thanks for these!!!
1. Is the wall of lockers gone now?
2. Is image 2 where the clock is where the old library was?
3 what view or place is image 3 taken from?

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:18 am

Its so intense that the main walls and doorways at columbine have remained the same since 1999 ... thought they would have designed the school from scratch or demolish.

spidEr

Contribution Points : 18778

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 am

the temporary wall with the lockers was right in front if it and it was only like that for a few months after the tragedy and it is gone now. There was a window overlooking the cafeteria at one point, but I can't find the photo. I can't confirm 100% but I believe the clock is in front of where the entrance use to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 74360

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Its so intense that the main walls and doorways at columbine have remained the same since 1999 ... thought they would have designed the school from scratch or demolish.

To tear down and rebuild the entire school would have been VERY expensive. So they likely just opted for for the library rebuild/cafeteria refurbishing as that is where most of the murders happened.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 71439

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 am

Did they also do anything with the lockers? Or am I misremembering?

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 16803

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:49 am

To tear down and rebuild the entire school would have been VERY expensive. So they likely just opted for for the library rebuild/cafeteria refurbishing as that is where most of the murders happened.

Also the school had JUST had some renovations done a few years prior, so it definitely was not something they had factored into their budget.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Thank you spidEr so much for the pics and info Smile if you have any more info on it i would love to know:)

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:12 pm

True, i understand that renovating is expensive, but so sad what happened at that location.

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Why would they put a giant clock there ? Does anyone know the symbolism behind that? They could have done something a bit better ((no offence) but something nice could have been there instead of a giant clock.

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:23 pm

True, i understand that renovating is expensive, but so sad what happened at that location.  

No doubt Columbine was an event that destroyed that community as a whole. If I remember correctly there were many who did indeed want the entire school demolished and a new one built. But it just wasn't possible due to the HUGE cost something like that would have been.

Also the fact that Eric and Dylan had wanted, and tried desperately to "take down" the school, is why a lot of people wanted it to be left alone. In their minds if the school was torn down then E&D would have won in a sense.

Still to be a survivor and then to walk back into that school, down the same halls, etc. was the bravest things those kids had likely done in their lives at that point in time.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 pm

E&d could never take down columbine in all honesty, the students were brave and so were the teachers, parents to keep it on the same site. But it would have been nice for a fresh start with a new school with the same name.

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Why would they put a giant clock there ? Does anyone know the symbolism behind that? They could have done something a bit better ((no offence) but something nice could have been there instead of a giant clock.

Well clocks in general could have several meanings. If the clock was stopped at exactly the same time as the library shootings, or if the clock ran backwards, symbolizing the want to "turn back the hands of time" and somehow stop the massacre are just a few examples.

Although I think this was just a giant clock, and didn't really have any symbolism behind it.scratch

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Smile

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Hehe, i know that clock is just a normal clock. I dont get it. Personally i would have liked a beautiful muriel celebrating life and how precious it is, with artwork and things the victims would have liked. A big ( no offence )ugly clock , why oh why. Must have a meaning.

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Hehe, i know that clock is just a normal clock. I dont get it. Personally i would have liked a beautiful muriel celebrating life and how precious it is, with artwork and things the victims would have liked. A big ( no offence )ugly clock , why oh why. Must have a meaning.

I personally thought the ginormous clock was kind of hideous as well. Haha

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:46 pm

Thank god im not the only one lol cant imagine the victims in heaven being impressed with it either ;) to me its as if they ran out of ideas and set a gigantic clock noone could amiss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:18 pm

I personally thought the ginormous clock was kind of hideous as well. Haha

A mural would have been really nice. Especially since many who died were very artistic in their own right. They do have a plaque somewhere in the school I think.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the new library is not connected to the school? When I was there I passed the Columbine Memorial Library, which was adjacent to the park.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:21 pm

I know the class of 2009 was for the 10 year anniversary, but does it strike anyone as odd to memoralize them and not the other classes, those who were there during the massacre?

Devon had said when she was in the theatre after the massacre she is pretty sure Dylan's ghost was in there and paid her a visit. Bright lights came on and she heard foot steps and when she called out his name the lights turned off and there was nothing.

She didn't say it was Dylan, but she said "he" so I assume it was Dylan and not Rachel....

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:23 pm

I know the class of 2009 was for the 10 year anniversary, but does it strike anyone as odd to memoralize them and not the other classes, those who were there during the massacre?

Devon had said when she was in the theatre after the massacre she is pretty sure Dylan's ghost was in there and paid her a visit. Bright lights came on and she heard foot steps and when she called out his name the lights turned off and there was nothing.

She didn't say it was Dylan, but she said "he" so I assume it was Dylan and not Rachel....

I am a firm believer that places can absorb or be imprinted with certain smells, sounds, someone's energy, etc.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:27 pm

I am a firm believer that places can absorb or be imprinted with certain smells, sounds, someone's energy, etc.

As do I. I pick up on energy a lot.

I felt an eerie calmness at the memorial. It was a strange feeling. Like I was very careful and I felt the need to apologize for being there since I didn't know anyone, and I just cried for a good minute. Then I was fine.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 pm

Wow really are there ghosts at columbine? Anyone ever admitted it public?

Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:47 pm

I wouldnt ever stay overnight at columbine, i too believe tragedy stays absorbed into the scene of the crime. Im sure e&d watch students now and think wtf lol thats just me .

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Wow really are there ghosts at columbine? Anyone ever admitted it public?

Just Devon as far as I know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Hmmm if i was a student there i would freak out lol its must be eerie when the school is half empty.
I did see a channeller channel e&d (if you believe that stuff. I watched it for Entertainment) and she said the victims waited for e&d to cross over before they left. Interesting.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Hmmm if i was a student there i would freak out lol its must be eerie when the school is half empty.
I did see a channeller channel e&d (if you believe that stuff. I watched it for Entertainment) and she said the victims waited for e&d to cross over before they left. Interesting.

I don't entirely know what that means. Like they were guarding the school maybe?

When their bodies were removed snow started falling pretty hard. Granted it was probably just Denver weather but it was pretty haunting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm

If you believe in such things, and she wasn't a fraud. Then yes, them supposedly waiting for Eric and Dylan would be a very interesting concept to say the least.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm

I don't entirely know what that means. Like they were guarding the school maybe?

When their bodies were removed snow started falling pretty hard. Granted it was probably just Denver weather but it was pretty haunting to say the least.

That would depend on how she tried to spin it. scratch She may have meant they waited as guardians OR that they waited as a form of forgiveness/acceptance of E&D.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Yes it was interesting because the chaneller said E&d realised their mistake and the victims knew in their soul contracts they would die after they died, so waited for them to cross over. It was forgiveness i think.

Last edited by Aimee Lacroux on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:03 pm

If you believe in such things, and she wasn't a fraud. Then yes, them supposedly waiting for Eric and Dylan would be a very interesting concept to say the least.

I don't know sometimes if you can really talk to spirits that you didn't know in real life. However I have had some VERY vivid dreams of E and D throughout my life since I was 18. I dream pretty vividly and remember 99% of them and people who I never met, or I met once can be in them...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   

Back to top Go down

where the old library was?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next