Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Who do you think originally came up with the plan? And how?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think originally came up with the plan? And how?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Eric doesn't seem like a kid that would have kept a journal until the planning of the shooting. Just something I think though.

IIRC he had his little website up where he doxed people and made threats to Brooks Brown and others. After the van break-in I think he shut it down, though I'm not sure.

If Eric had thoughts "separate from Dylan" he'd have written about them long before he did. Eric was a follower, he couldn't think of this stuff by himself. 

While I agree that Eric couldn't think of this on his own, I have to disagree that Dylan was the one who came up with the idea to bomb the school. Eric got the idea to use bombs from the Oklahoma City Bombing.

View user profile
MalonsMilk

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think originally came up with the plan? And how?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Yes, Eric was very type A! Dylan pitched and Eric ran with it. Being low key, I doubt Dylan would have ever done anything on his own, it was all pure fantasy for him. Eric geared him up to see it through and upped the ante with the bombs and gaining intelligence on the school etc. I think Eric really enjoyed all of it, like one big top secret mission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think originally came up with the plan? And how?   Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Yes, Eric was very type A! Dylan pitched and Eric ran with it. Being low key, I doubt Dylan would have ever done anything on his own, it was all pure fantasy for him. Eric geared him up to see it through and upped the ante with the bombs and gaining intelligence on the school etc. I think Eric really enjoyed all of it, like one big top secret mission.

I agree wholeheartedly. Eric had grown up playing games about being in war and taking out the enemy. He planned NBK out like he had with the all Rebel Missions. In his journal he even says that everything about NBK seemed like a movie to him. Because that is the way he planned it. In my opinion he was playing a roll he designed for himself.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                                                                                         -Friedrich Nietzsche

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
               -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think originally came up with the plan? And how?   Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:10 am

IIRC he had his little website up where he doxed people and made threats to Brooks Brown and others. After the van break-in I think he shut it down, though I'm not sure.
Still not really a journal IMO. Just a rant filled Geocities website that he made to be "cool".

While I agree that Eric couldn't think of this on his own, I have to disagree that Dylan was the one who came up with the idea to bomb the school. Eric got the idea to use bombs from the Oklahoma City Bombing.
Dylan didn't think of bombing the school, that was totally on Eric (who didn't get the idea himself, he got it from the Timothy McVeigh like you already stated).

Dylan did probably think of the shooting part though and that's what they actually did. Dylan seemed to be enjoying himself more than Eric during the shooting too who probably just wanted to do a bombing and kill a few people with guns. I get the impression after the library Eric was pretty disappointed with what actually happened. His bloodlust was quenched and he was left feeling empty. Dylan probably didn't care either way, he got what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee Lacroux

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think originally came up with the plan? And how?   Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:57 pm

I agree that it probably happened gradually... most likely Dylans idea and Eric added to it to spurn it into what it turned out as... Eric always liked the idea of killing someone , Dylan fuelled it , they became a violently focused duo.

Who do you think originally came up with the plan? And how?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2