Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)

Go down 
+4
VoDKaComeHere
QuestionMark
Massoccur
Jenn
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Empty
PostSubject: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Seung Hui Cho killed 30 people in less than 10 minutes at Virginia Tech, had ammo and clips at the ready, 2 powerful handguns and locked plus barred the doors behind him.

In comparison, Anders Breivik had over an hour to kill the amount of victims he did and at any point could have gotten caught. At the rate Seung was killing people he'd have killed at least 100 or more if he had as long as Anders Breivik did. The rate he was shooting his victims at is alarming.

In my mind Seung was the most dangerous school shooter in American history and arguably the most well-prepared mass shooter in general.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 1:03 pm

People at the time said Seung just walked in, didn't say a word and just started shooting everybody. Then calmly walked to the next room and repeated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 1:05 pm

I think Seung harbored a lot of anger towards the kids he went to college with -- and probably the kids he went to high school with.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 1:44 pm

I moved this to Virginia Tech for you. You posted it in the Columbine section ;)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 pm

I posted it in the Columbine section so it would get more attention.
Back to top Go down
Massoccur

Massoccur

Contribution Points : 59233
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:12 pm

I find it interesting how overlooked Cho is because of this reason. If I'm getting my timelines correct, didn't he own his guns for about a year before the attack? Plenty of time for honing one's skills. He had a weapon he knew well and stuck with it. The fact that he barricaded the exits is notable, and very effective in maximizing his kill count.

daniellesmug likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Massoccur wrote:
If I'm getting my timelines correct, didn't he own his guns for about a year before the attack? 

Actually he bought his first gun in February. Two months prior to the attack.

Massoccur

Massoccur

Contribution Points : 59233

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Oh, thank you for the clarification.

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Massoccur wrote:
If I'm getting my timelines correct, didn't he own his guns for about a year before the attack? 

Actually he bought his first gun in February. Two months prior to the attack.
I think he started plotting the shooting sometime in 2006 though. He was just a lot more secretive than Eric and Dylan about it because he never spoke to anybody anyway.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59940

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 3:11 am

He was a lot smarter than Eric and Dylan when it came to making sure he got as many kills as he possible could. He literally devised a plan to delay police intervention by chaining the doors shot and writing up a sign that said “break in doors and bomb will go off” when he entered he had a blank facial expression, said no words and calmly shot each victim repeatedly. He actually shot up classrooms and re entered to find the wounded and finish them off. He killed 30 with two handguns in 10 minutes and than after 10 minutes police broke through the doors, he heard it and killed himself. Eric and Dylan on the other hand went in like hyper young kids, running around yelling taunts at there victims, willingly sparing many and not even shooting most of the people in the room. There was a total of 56 in that library, they only killed 10 and left the vast majority of the room not even wounded. They had more than enough ammo to kill the entire library and more. Than after that, they wandered the halls walking past classrooms full of kids where they could easily have entered and gunned down classroom after classroom, they had all the time in the world, instead they would look in the wonders of the rooms and walk by without even trying to enter. They than killed themselves in the library and would be discovered 3 hours later, they could of killed for 3 hours longer than they did to. So yeah, e&d were very different than Cho. Cho made sure he wasted no time to ensure he got as many casualties as possible.

Kinkeloukaitis likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 12:30 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Eric and Dylan on the other hand went in like hyper young kids, running around yelling taunts at there victims, willingly sparing many and not even shooting most of the people in the room. There was a total of 56 in that library, they only killed 10 and left the vast majority of the room not even wounded. They had more than  enough ammo to kill the entire library and more. Than after that, they wandered the halls walking past classrooms full of kids where they could easily have entered and gunned down classroom after classroom, they had all the time in the world, instead they would look in the wonders of the rooms and walk by without even trying to enter. They than killed themselves in the library and would be discovered 3 hours later, they could of killed for 3 hours longer than they did to. 

I think its been discussed before but IIRC part of the reason Eric and Dylan killed fewer than they could've was due to a multitude of factors, like being disappointed that the bombs didn't go off, to name one.

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 2:09 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Eric and Dylan on the other hand went in like hyper young kids, running around yelling taunts at there victims, willingly sparing many and not even shooting most of the people in the room. There was a total of 56 in that library, they only killed 10 and left the vast majority of the room not even wounded. They had more than  enough ammo to kill the entire library and more. Than after that, they wandered the halls walking past classrooms full of kids where they could easily have entered and gunned down classroom after classroom, they had all the time in the world, instead they would look in the wonders of the rooms and walk by without even trying to enter. They than killed themselves in the library and would be discovered 3 hours later, they could of killed for 3 hours longer than they did to. 

I think its been discussed before but IIRC part of the reason Eric and Dylan killed fewer than they could've was due to a multitude of factors, like being disappointed that the bombs didn't go off, to name one.
Their guns were old too.

Dylan's gun was 15 years old and Eric's were pretty old too.

Not to mention they were 17 and 18 and Seung was 23.
Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 58590
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Tim Kretschmer managed to get 12 kills in school in 3 minutes before police entered and he retreated. It's even better kill ratio, and he get 3 more kills later.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: iffy smell   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 9:49 pm

rabadon55 wrote:
Tim Kretschmer managed to get 12 kills in school in 3 minutes before police entered and he retreated. It's even better kill ratio, and he get 3 more kills later.

Gawd, dude, WHY would you make George Hennard your profile pic? That's just SICK!!!!
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:50 am

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
rabadon55 wrote:

Gawd, dude, WHY would you make George Hennard your profile pic?  That's just SICK!!!!

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 58590
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 am

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
rabadon55 wrote:

Gawd, dude, WHY would you make George Hennard your profile pic?  That's just SICK!!!!

Why not?
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59940

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Ivan wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

Their guns were old too.

Dylan's gun was 15 years old and Eric's were pretty old too.

Not to mention they were 17 and 18 and Seung was 23.
Cho used handguns. The fact of the matter is Eric and Dylan talked about how they were going to kill hundreds, had hit lists with people they wanted to make sure they would kill. Even if the bombs didn't work, so what? That doesn't change the fact that they could of killed all 56 in that library. They went on and on about how they wanted to kill as many as possible but when the day hit that clearly wasn't the case anymore.
And they delay the day of the massacre by a day to get more ammo but they don't delay it when they bombs don't go off - the biggest plot of the plan...completely illogical. so they'll wait a day to get ammo from mark manes...but when the bombs didn't go off if they were smart they would of took them out and tried to figure out why they didn't work and re schedule the massacre.

Eric and Dylan could of walked into that library, flipped up every last table, and shot dead every last person directly in the head. Instead they wasted there time running around the library, yelling insults, and not even shooting most of the people. They even went up to several people, taunted and yelled at them and didn't even shoot them. Than after killing all 56 in the library they could of shot the locks off the locked classrooms, and went into classroom after classroom executing every single last student in each class until swat got to them and THAN commit suicide or die by cop. Instead, they wandered around the school aimlessly, looking into the windows of the rooms, and not even attempting to break in. Instead of killing more, they go to the cafeteria to look at there failed bombs, and than head up the stairs and commit suicide in the library 3 hours before SWAT even entered the library.

I guess they were to stupid to realize that even though there bombs didn't work, they could of clearly  came close to making up for it. Hundreds of rounds of ammo didn't even get used, they did not kill one bully or one person on the shit list, instead just 13 randoms in the library and that was it. They were complete morons the day of and were more talk than action when it comes to what they said would happen vs what actually happened.

Cho, on the other hand actually did make every move he could to ensure he got maximum casualties. He had 10 minutes, Eric and Dylan could of had HOURS. It really doesn't have anything to do with age or the guns, cho was only using pistols, and most people are pretty sure he never even used both at once. With a pistol he killed 30 in 10 minutes. With there shotguns, semi automatic pistol and rifle they could of killed at the very least dozens even though the bombs didn't go off.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70474
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 1:17 pm

rabadon55 wrote:

And with one pistol
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
And they delay the day of the massacre by a day to get more ammo but they don't delay it when they bombs don't go off - the biggest plot of the plan...completely illogical. 

Well there wasn't exactly a lot of time left in the school year at that point. Besides, April 20th was a "significant" date after all. Same day as Hitler's birthday. I do agree that not having a plan B was dumb as hell though.

sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:33 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
And they delay the day of the massacre by a day to get more ammo but they don't delay it when they bombs don't go off - the biggest plot of the plan...completely illogical. 
Well there wasn't exactly a lot of time left in the school year at that point. Besides, April 20th was a "significant" date after all. Same day as Hitler's birthday. I do agree that not having a plan B was dumb as hell though.
Another issue is that there was already a partial detonation of the diversion bombs so if they didn't act in that moment, it's possible that they would never have a chance to act. The police had their fingerprints from the previous arrest and they were also aware of Eric's ongoing pipebomb antics. If they had called it off, Eric probably would have received a visit from the police that day if local officers had any sense at all. It may not have happened that way but there was a good possibility of it and I'm sure that he wouldn't have wanted to risk losing his chance to attack the school.

I also strongly agree with the idea that Eric never gave up on the bombs going off until late into the attack. I think he was always hoping that it would happen and even if most students had already evacuated, physically destroying the school would have been a consolation victory for them.

Edit: Also, assuming that they did decide to try again on a different day, they still would have had to enter the cafeteria and remove the bombs. If they believed that the bombs might still go off, that would mean that they might die in the explosion (or worse, get severely injured and then arrested later on). I believe that when Dylan first entered the cafeteria, he may not have gone near the bombs for fear that they would explode and kill or injure him just as their attack was starting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)   Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seung Hui Cho was the most well-prepared mass shooter (with proof)
Page 1 of 1