Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
UncontinuedProcess
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 15209

PostSubject: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:33 am

I don't know if this has been suggested before but has there been much thought on opening a sub-forum for Anders Breivik's Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting like we have for Sandy Hook,Virginia-Tech and Las Vegas? Seeing it is the deadliest mass shooting by a single individual in modern times, only topping Stephen Paddock's body count by 9 (in terms of the actual shooting and not counting the 8 deaths from the earlier Oslo bombing and the 2 accidental deaths on Utøya).

I think there is alot of discussion that could be had about Breivik, the attacks, his politics/motivations, the aftermath, any new or interesting information about the topic in general.
Although I would be very interested in seeing a sub-board for the Norway Attacks being opened I can understand why it wouldn't be opened as it would be the odd one out compared to the other sub-boards which are all mainly American mass shootings plus a general lack of interest on the attacks themselves and there is probably no point on opening one since it has been almost 7 years since the attacks took place.

I thought to bring this up anyway, food for thought!

Last edited by UncontinuedProcess on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

Contribution Points : 59117

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:56 am

I understand your point but in my opinion it doesn't need its own category because the attack was both a successful bombing and a successful shooting. It cannot fit under one specific title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 15209

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 pm

I see what you mean, hypothetically if a sub-board is created, probably just name it as "2011 Norway Attacks" covering both bombing and shooting, really depends if anybody is interested or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

Contribution Points : 9212

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:40 pm

i remember, I was in Norway when Utøya happened. The boy form our small town died there too.

View user profile
pess1mist

Contribution Points : 8450

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Honestly I feel like if any attack should get a board it's randy stair. other than las vegas, he seems to be the only mass shooter who's actually gotten a lot of attention within the tcc over the past couple of years, and there are still people discussing him to this very day months later, some people even starting their own cult over his ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:22 pm

well, it's "good" to be mass murder in Norway, cuz he will be in jail only for 25 years, and than he is free to go! And he study there, also he sue the prison he sits in (just google this prison, it's like a 3star hotel), and he WON the trial against the prison and won a compensation 40 000 dollars!!! Can you imagine!? He killed 69 people and most of them was a kids!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 30554

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:38 pm

I doubt that Breivik is ever getting out of jail. They can indefinitely extend his sentence by five years at a time once his original sentence has been served.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In regard to the OP, I would be interested in threads about Breivik. There is definitely enough information available on the case to support a subforum but the problem is that there doesn't seem to be much interest in Breivik among the forum's members. Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can post some threads related to the 2011 attack in the "Other Mass Shootings" subforum and if there is enough interest and participation, it will demonstrate that a dedicated subforum should be created.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 pm

He will go out! I lived in Norway 8 years, and I know this country very well. He won the trial against  the prison, he knows his rights lol. He study now and want to be a lawyer.
ps: 77 people he killed, on island he killed 69 and the 8 in Olso.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:08 pm

I remember there was a blog of girl who survived Utoya attack, and It was heartbreaking to read how she described all that happens there, she played dead near the body of her friend, and saw his boots when he checked who is still alive and who is really dead. He was dress as a cop, so kids was sure that he is a cop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37154

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:56 pm

I don't think there's enough demand for a Breivik subforum.

View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 14367

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm interested in discussing Utøya

Far more interesting than Randy Stair imo. I can't research him without feeling uncomfortable.
The whale rape video, God, I want that permanently deleted from my mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 pm

I can help with translation of some of norwegian diaries (victim), articles and etc)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tara

Contribution Points : 14724

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Far more interesting than Randy Stair imo.  I can't research him without feeling uncomfortable.

What's whale rape video about? Stair makes comments about the topic or...? I haven't seen any of his videos, from what I've read about some of them, they were too long and boring. He is altogether a very unremarkable person to me.

OT: I'd like to read more about Utøya (testimonies of survivors) and discuss Breivik's ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Far more interesting than Randy Stair imo.  I can't research him without feeling uncomfortable.

What's whale rape video about? Stair makes comments about the topic or...? I haven't seen any of his videos, from what I've read about some of them, they were too long and boring. He is altogether a very unremarkable person to me.

OT: I'd like to read more about Utøya (testimonies of survivors) and discuss Breivik's ideas.

Lets just say in the video, the whale is not the one getting raped. He was a weird kid however I wouldn't describe him as boring.

I wouldn't suggest watching his videos though, they dont give much information and they are very weird and .. confusing. If you want to know why he did it just watch the video he did for his parents. That's the only video I have found informative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tara

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:31 pm

I can't watch him for more than a few seconds - he comes off as a whiny, narcissistic brat and really grates my nerves. Could you please sum up in a few sentences what explanation he offered to his parents in that video?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Basically he explains that he had a really shitty year 2013 and some guy at his school died and he got into thinking about death and columbine and that ghost squad shit and basically you also get to know he hates his dad for pressuring him to get a job all the time (even when he had one) and for not being personal with him. It made him feel like his Dad never cared to recognize him for who he was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tara

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Thank you. Only a Millennial would shoot people because his dad wouldn't acknowledge his unique personality. Is there any specific reason he targeted his coworkers - were the murders personal or were these poor people killed only because they happened to be in the same place with him when he snapped?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:54 pm

He planned to kill whoever was in the supermarket for no other reason than him having a fascination with the idea of it and he wanted to be with his ghost squad. Possibly also because of gender dysphoria which made him feel like he did not belong in his body.

The thing about his dad is never mentioned as a reason but you can tell he has deep hatred towards him. He basically tells him to go die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37154

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Wat.

View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:15 pm

The day before massacre. Many of them gonna die next day.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This island was a perfect location to mass shooting: no place to run, and police cant reach it, cuz in the most rich country police didn't have a boat and helicopter.

View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Breivik was against multicultural Norway, but most of the killed people and children was Norwegians.

View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 20546

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Thank you. Only a Millennial would shoot people because his dad wouldn't acknowledge his unique personality. Is there any specific reason he targeted his coworkers - were the murders personal or were these poor people killed only because they happened to be in the same place with him when he snapped?
I vaguely remember him having grudge against his supervisor, and expressing a hatred for one of his female coworkers in his journal, so the killings were probably personal. If they weren't, he would probably have committed his attack at a school in order to be more like Eric/Dylan, sorta like Aaron Ybarra.

View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 20546

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:29 pm

I dislike it when people refer to Brevik's victims as "children". It may be true on a technical level, but there's a huge difference between killing a 6 year old and killing a 16 year old.

View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm

for me teenagers are children, and the boy from our commune (Aleksander Aas Eriksen) was 16 years, im 30, so yeah, for me they are children. But I know that Breivek didn't kill a couple 10-12 years children.

View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

Contribution Points : 58422

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Basically he explains that he had a really shitty year 2013 and some guy at his school died and he got into thinking about death and columbine and that ghost squad shit and basically you also get to know he hates his dad for pressuring him to get a job all the time (even when he had one) and for not being personal with him. It made him feel like his Dad never cared to recognize him for who he was.
His Dad is the type of guy who is over 50 and whose Facebook wallpaper is a shirtless photo of himself.

I had posted stuff about Randy on Facebook before and his Aunt (his Dad's sister) sent me these borderline abusive messages telling me how I was the one hurting their family by posting information about Randy and that I was a useless dickhead for not taking the photos down. Alright. I am the one hurting them even though Randy murdered people and committed suicide.

These are the type of people he was related to. Can you blame Randy for hating his Dad?

Aimee Lacroux

Contribution Points : 8721

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:03 am

I have lived in Norway and i doubt he will ever be released. Their are people who will never want to see him get out and he isnt allowed access to the net etc . I can also help with translating as i am fluent if anyone needs this.

munchkinphone
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 am

His Dad is the type of guy who is over 50 and whose Facebook wallpaper is a shirtless photo of himself.

I had posted stuff about Randy on Facebook before and his Aunt (his Dad's sister) sent me these borderline abusive messages telling me how I was the one hurting their family by posting information about Randy and that I was a useless dickhead for not taking the photos down. Alright. I am the one hurting them even though Randy murdered people and committed suicide.

These are the type of people he was related to. Can you blame Randy for hating his Dad?

No, I cant. Hearing about that story when he and his Dad went out and his Dad yelled at him in front of a lot of people was the first thing that made me feel any kind of empahty with Randys mental state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 30554

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm

This island was a perfect location to mass shooting: no place to run, and police cant reach it, cuz in the most rich country police didn't have a boat and helicopter.
I wrote a post a while ago detailing that and how everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for the police.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik   Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:07 pm

I wrote a post a while ago detailing that and how everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for the police.
thx, gonna read it. Well, actually I'm pretty sure that if some day something like that gonna happen again, norske politi will fail again, and there is a several reason why it so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

2011 Norway Attacks (Olso & Utøya)/Anders Behring Breivik
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next