Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pess1mist

Contribution Points : 4820

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I had posted stuff about Randy on Facebook before and his Aunt (his Dad's sister) sent me these borderline abusive messages telling me how I was the one hurting their family by posting information about Randy and that I was a useless dickhead for not taking the photos down. Alright. I am the one hurting them even though Randy murdered people and committed suicide.

These are the type of people he was related to. Can you blame Randy for hating his Dad?

You have to keep in mind that his family is still in the grieving process right now. They still aren't ready to accept that their little boy killed 3 people and then himself. For a parent the suicide of a child is already difficult enough, so I can only imagine what it must feel like to have your child whom you raised and tried your best to give a good life ALSO being a murderer. That being said, I don't think that there's anything wrong with what you posted and I don't think that their abusive messages towards you were right either. All I'm saying is try seeing it from their perspective and cut them a little slack. This probably isn't an easy thing for any of them, I imagine it's the same as Sue Klebold seeing Dylan's suicide pic every time she goes on the internet. If anything, the fact that his family was willing to stand up for him even after what he did I think shows that they cared about him a lot more than Randy makes it seem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

Contribution Points : 53917

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 am

Sue would only see the suicide picture of her son if she specifically searched it. I doubt she would. She's already built her own little fallacy where Dylan was lead astray by Eric despite Dylan originally thinking of the plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 24319
Location : The UK/Britain/England/United Kingdom/"Great" Britain etc.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:15 pm

I think there should be a subforum for it. After all, it is the deadliest lone wolf shooting right now.

Don't push me, ’cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head
It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from going under"
It's like 2pac said,
when I die I'm not dead.
We are the martyrs,
you're just smashed tomatoes!"
View user profile Online
Jea

Contribution Points : 5487

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:15 pm

probably he have nice shooting skills, as he killed so many.
Post of girl who survived that day. Can translate it, if someone interested.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View user profile
UncontinuedProcess
Banned until July 30, 2018

Contribution Points : 9401

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 pm

Translate it if you can, would very interested to read it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 pm

okey, gonna do it after will finish my work.
His behavior during the shooting was quite interesting.

Last edited by Jea on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 26105

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:24 pm

okey, gonna do it after will finish my work.
His behave during the shooting was quite interesting.
Thank you for offering to translate. Smile

I remember reading an alleged witness account on Reddit several years ago. I couldn't find that (I believe it was a male and it was also unverified so who knows if it was true) but while searching for it, I found this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:39 pm

I remember reading an alleged witness account on Reddit several years ago. I couldn't find that (I believe it was a male and it was also unverified so who knows if it was true) but while searching for it, I found this.
Tnx, gonna read it!
Breivik was absolutely prepared. His every step was thought out, after he shot most of kids, he walked around the bodies and shot them again, mostly in the head, to be sure they are really dead.

Last edited by Jea on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:42 pm

A pretty good website detailing the exact movements of Breivk and where exactly he killed his victims and how many was killed in the given locations. Also contains images of his complete fake police uniform that day. The website also reveals that he had possession of a shotgun that wasn't used in the attacks at all, never knew about this.

Also heard a rumor that Breivk was apparently "high on drugs" during the massacre and was listening to music while shooting at people (James Holmes style), is there any verification on these claims?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:57 pm

A pretty good website detailing the exact movements of Breivk and where exactly he killed his victims and how many was killed in the given locations. Also contains images of his complete fake police uniform that day.  The website also reveals that he had possession of a shotgun that wasn't used in the attacks at all, never knew about this.

Also heard a rumor that Breivk was apparently "high on drugs" during the massacre and was listening to music while shooting at people (James Holmes style), is there any verification on these claims?  

I manifestet skrev Breivik at han ville lytte til en versjon av sangen «Lux Æterna» under terrorangrepene. Sangen er blant annet brukt i filmen «Requiem for a Dream» og i traileren i filmen «Ringenes Herre: To tårn».

translate: in manifesto he wrote at he gonna listen one of the version of «Lux Æterna» during massacre (actually Norway represent this event as "terrorist attack"). This song was in «Requiem for a Dream» movie and in trailer of Lord of the Ring: Two tower (eee, really?)

But one of his attorney declares that Breivik didn't listen any music that day during massacre.

Last edited by Jea on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 pm

late photo.
wow, he looks better that in 2011.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 26105

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:22 pm

He wrote about music in his manifesto several times as he believed music was important to his training, as part of creating a motivational "ritual."
Becoming and maintaining the position as a self sufficient Justiciar Knight sleeper cell involves the capability to motivate/indoctrinate yourself over a prolonged period of time. Self-financed and selfindoctrinated single individual attack cells, is the backbone of the Knights Templar Europe. The importance of the ability for single cell commanders to be able to keep their spirits and morale up through self-indoctrination and motivation by using specific motivational techniques has been stressed on multiple occasions. I have previously stated that taking long walks/work out while listening to select music is a very efficient way of sustaining your needs in this regard. 3-5, 40-90 min walks/workouts per week has sustained my high morale, confidence and motivation for several years. When you combine this “ritual” with reading the occasional resistance blog you gain all the motivation you will ever need. Repeat these routines on a weekly basis and you will sustain your motivation and moral for as long as is needed. Keep in mind that from the initial planning of your operation to the actual effectuation of it, the time passed can exceed 2 years. The key to stay focused and motivated without taking the unacceptable risk of communicating with other revolutionary conservatives, is to employ successful motivational techniques on your own. I will now show you several music tracks you should acquire as soon as possible which are ideal for the purpose of maintaining a high level of motivation and confidence:

He went on to list several musicians and songs, including the one referred to by Jea, which was mentioned in several articles.
Lux Aeterna by the English composer and musician Clint Mansell
Comment: I love this work. Lux Aeterna means “eternal light” and it really is an appropriate title. I’ve listened to this track several hundred times and I never seem to get tired of it. The track is very inspiring and invokes a type of passionate rage within you. In Lord of the Rings – a good version of this track (Requiem for a Tower version which I think is the best) is performed during the most intense fighting of one of the central battles. Since it has worked for me, it is likely that it will work for you. An invigorating piece of art.

According to the book One of Us, when Breivik was apprehended, he did have his Ipod. I don't know if he listened to music while he was killing but it's possible.
Then he turned and went towards the policemen, keeping both hands at his sides. He had earplugs in his ears, with a lead that went inside his vest and down his body.
‘Lie down!’ shouted one.
‘Down on your knees!’
Several men were pointing their guns at him, with their fingers on the trigger.
‘If you come any closer, we’ll shoot!’
The Delta officers had noticed his bulging vest. Could it be a bomb belt? The leads of his iPod were hanging out. Would he finish them all? The men were preparing to shoot him.
‘It’s not a bomb belt! It’s an equipment belt with ammunition!’ shouted a Delta man from the flank.
‘Lie down,’ shouted one.
‘On your knees!’ roared another.
‘Make up your minds, kneeling or lying?’ responded Breivik.
‘Down!’
He flopped down, first onto his knees and then his stomach.

Yes, Breivik was taking drugs during his preparation and on the day of the massacre. He took steroids and a combination of ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin.
On Day 28 of the trial, Prof Moerland, from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, said medical records showed that on the night after his arrest, he appeared "lightly drugged" and "there were traces of ephedrine".

The professor asked Breivik if he had used an ECA-stack type combination of drugs on the day of the attacks.

"Yes, that's correct," the defendant replied. "I had made it myself with the help of three ingredients and the dosage was about 50% stronger than commercial products."

"You can say that he was lightly to moderately drugged by a centrally stimulating substance - a combination of ephedrine and caffeine," the expert told the court. Breivik said he had tried out different doses of anabolic steroids and ECA before the attacks "to make sure my body could handle it".

Asked if anabolic steroids, used to build up muscle, could have also been a factor in the attacks, Prof Moerland said: "As I see it, the steroids had no supplementary effect but I cannot rule out the possibility that this may have contributed to aggressiveness and agitation."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:55 pm

I'm very surprised he managed to do what he did on July 22 under that amount of drugs he was under. I always imagined taking drugs like those would very risky while trying to execute a major terrorist attack he was aiming for especially with taking dosages over than most legal and commercial products, no wonder people say he was the most well prepared mass murderer with the amount of training and planning he underwent and on the very day itself to successfully carry out his plan while under influence of a strong dosage of drugs. I don't the exact side effects of these drugs or if they even can impair people at all but I always thought it would be a risk factor in foiling the whole plan up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm

As I know the combination of the ephedrine-coffeine-aspirin is using for weight loss and muscle building, because of thermogenesis effect. Some of bodybuilders still using it. So he wasn't "high on drugs", he just tried to be a bit Schwarzenegger. )

Last edited by Jea on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 20112

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 am

I'm very surprised he managed to do what he did on July 22 under that amount of drugs he was under. I always imagined taking drugs like those would very risky while trying to execute a major terrorist attack he was aiming for especially with taking dosages over than most legal and commercial products, no wonder people say he was the most well prepared mass murderer with the amount of training and planning he underwent and on the very day itself to successfully carry out his plan while under influence of a strong dosage of drugs. I don't the exact side effects of these drugs or if they even can impair people at all but I always thought it would be a risk factor in foiling the whole plan up.    

Seems to me his drugs weren't like coke or meth. It was stimulants like steroids. 

It's not that unusual really. Back in WWII Soldiers would be given certain kinds of drugs in order to increase combat performance.

View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 24319
Location : The UK/Britain/England/United Kingdom/"Great" Britain etc.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 am

and was listening to music while shooting at people (James Holmes style)
What music did James listen to?

Don't push me, ’cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head
It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from going under"
It's like 2pac said,
when I die I'm not dead.
We are the martyrs,
you're just smashed tomatoes!"
View user profile Online
UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:16 pm

What music did James listen to?
Don't know what exactly but it was apparently some techno music.

It's not that unusual really. Back in WWII Soldiers would be given certain kinds of drugs in order to increase combat performance.

It may not be unusual for soldiers but for most mass shooters, it's something not really head of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:46 pm

It may not be unusual for soldiers but for most mass shooters, it's something not really head of.

Well Breivik considered himself to be a soldier of sorts, so perhaps he took inspiration from historical drug usage in combat.

View user profile
Tara

Contribution Points : 11124

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Sue would only see the suicide picture of her son if she specifically searched it. I doubt she would. She's already built her own little fallacy where Dylan was lead astray by Eric despite Dylan originally thinking of the plan.

Yeah, Dylan had "brain illness" and was under influence of an evil psycho, according to Sue. I think she's going out of her way to prove that what Dylan did wasn't her fault. I'm not saying that it was her fault, but nevertheless, Wayne and Kathy Harris's behavior was more dignified IMO. If my kid did something like that, I'd probably want to move away from the spotlight too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tara

Contribution Points : 11124

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Seems to me his drugs weren't like coke or meth. It was stimulants like steroids. 

It's safe to presume that it's unusual if soldiers aren't given performance enhancing substances. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 am

Has anyone read the report by the Norwegian government made after the attacks. I think some of it's online but it's in norwegian, any clue on getting any a proper english translation of it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Soon will be released movie about Breivik's massacre: «Utøya 22. juli»

View user profile
JohnWillow

Contribution Points : 4519

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:05 am

I did not notice there was a topic about Norway attacks, so I'm gonna share this.

I was at the time of attacks in Oslo while being a part of a camp for a week, the camp itself was in a small town called Ekeberg which was like 10 kilometers from Oslo, it was on Friday morning when we were riding a bus to Oslo, so we can look at the city, go to the shopping center, get some souvenir from Norway etc

And as we were just getting back to the bus to ride back to the camp place... like 5 minutes later, fellow camp members who were from Norway their phones just started to ring non-stop, like all of the phones just started to ring in a minute, I was really confused and as we were almost back in the camp place I had a feeling that something bad did happen, because their faces said it all to me, I did not understand what they were saying while on the phone because I could not understand a lick of Norwegian language, we were communicating in English, so when the Norwegian kid who was sitting next to me ended the call said to me there was a big explosion in downtown Oslo and I was just lost for words.

When the news came out a few hours later that there is a shooting in a camp, I was just terrified for my life, because I thought our camp can be a target too, but one of the camp creators who was the former police officer in Oslo called two of his friends ex-police officers too to come over for safety and he just shut the main door locked and we were not going outside until we were 100 % safe, we were watching Norwegian news almost all the evening and just getting more and more details, the Norwegian kids where telling to us that in Utoja there was their classmates and friends too. It was so awful.

We were supposed to fly home on Sunday morning from Oslo Airport but for some reason, the plane was canceled, so we took a ship on a Monday morning to get back home. I was so happy to be back home and when I was back, it just hit me at that moment, that there were a lot of people dead, especially kids at my age at that time, then I was just 14 years old.

Next year I was in the same camp in Sweden, and when I was in Stockholm in the one free day what we had, I was just frightened to go inside the buildings, shopping centers... it was pretty much a childhood trauma at that time, now I pay attention when I travel to other countries, but not like before thank god.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Quote :
Breivik has a skirmish with a Turkish friend, whose father destroys Breivik's bicycle in retaliation. Five years later the same father assaults Breivik's neighbour while she walks her dog.

could this have helped developed a hatred for muslims?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Quote :
Breivik and a friend who was adopted from Colombia visit a night club where they are attacked by three Muslims. Breivik is punched in the nose, which breaks one of his nasal walls.

This too
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:19 pm

eldigato wrote:
Quote :
Breivik and a friend who was adopted from Colombia visit a night club where they are attacked by three Muslims. Breivik is punched in the nose, which breaks one of his nasal walls. 
This too
eldigato wrote:
Quote :
Breivik has a skirmish with a Turkish friend, whose father destroys Breivik's bicycle in retaliation. Five years later the same father assaults Breivik's neighbour while she walks her dog.

I'd like citations before I comment.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:37 pm

@QuestionMark wrote:
eldigato wrote:
Quote :
This too
eldigato wrote:
Quote :

I'd like citations before I comment.

https://sites.google.com/site/breiviktimeline/home
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:46 am

eldigato wrote:

Interesting how both those incidents are dated as "unknown". 

If they did in fact happen, it is possible that these incidents helped push him into the far-right, although it would be rather petty and childish of Breivik to hold a grudge for that long.

View user profile
Ivan

Contribution Points : 53917

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:18 pm

late photo.
wow, he looks better that in 2011.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He's aged quite a bit. Now he has discoloration to his beard. Age will eventually catch up with him in the end - they aren't letting him out 20 years after he did this. Norway would become the laughingstock of the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

2011 Norway Attacks/Utøya Shooting sub-board?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2