Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MalonsMilk

avatar

Posts : 46
Contribution Points : 9558
Join date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Let's face facts, making a pipe bomb does not automatically mean that a local school shooting means your son is involved. However on the day of the shooting it was Eric's dad that immediately thought it was Eric that was involved in it and their silence after the event is also odd.

I kind of get the feeling that Eric could never keep his mouth shut for too long and even if he couldn't outwardly tell his parents he was planning a mass bombing he did love to hint at things. Eric's dad was obviously worried about him as he created a notebook with some of his thoughts and feelings about some of the things that Eric had gotten up to. This is not a normal practice for most parents.

Despite having resentment for his parents I think he loved them a lot more than Dylan loved his and I think on his final few days he really did hint towards the fact that he would soon be leaving the world. He didn't want to hurt his parents, he didn't want them to feel guilty, I would love to know some of the things he did before the day of the shooting. I bet he was very attentive to both his mum and dad but also kept on hinting about not having a future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

avatar

Posts : 542
Contribution Points : 8615
Join date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:09 pm

I have so many questions to Harrisons. But I think they never will say anything about Columbine, for many reasons, and the main reason is how Eric harmed them (he even didn't had any services, and that says a lot about his parents).

_________________
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."
(с)The Silence of the Lambs, 1991


Last edited by Jea on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2145
Contribution Points : 33806
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 pm

It was Eric who stated that he didn't want to get close to his family nearing April because he didn't want them to miss him

I think Eric did leave a lot of clues. I think though the reports of kids in black trenchcoats might have tipped him off as well

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2145
Contribution Points : 33806
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have so many questions to Harrisons. But I think they never will say anything about Columbine, for many reasons, and the main reason is how Eric harmed them ( he even didn't had any services, and that says a lot about his parents).

We don't know that he didn't have any services, just that none were publically announced.  The family could have done something quiet at home

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need


Last edited by Lizpuff on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

avatar

Posts : 542
Contribution Points : 8615
Join date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have so many questions to Harrisons. But I think they never will say anything about Columbine, for many reasons, and the main reason is how Eric harmed them ( he even didn't had any services, and that says a lot about his parents).

We don't know that he didn't have any services, just that none were publically announced.  The family could have done something quite at home
Oh, so in USA it possible to do at home??? Shocked

_________________
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."
(с)The Silence of the Lambs, 1991
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2145
Contribution Points : 33806
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have so many questions to Harrisons. But I think they never will say anything about Columbine, for many reasons, and the main reason is how Eric harmed them ( he even didn't had any services, and that says a lot about his parents).

We don't know that he didn't have any services, just that none were publically announced.  The family could have done something quite at home
Oh, so in USA it possible to do at home??? Shocked

Technically yes. You do have to inform people that the person has died but there are several religions here in the USA where you don't have a traditional funeral. Some you invite people to your home where the body lies and celebrate then bury them or cremate them the same or next day.

I think with how private the family is, they most likely had him cremated and did a small remembrance for him

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

avatar

Posts : 542
Contribution Points : 8615
Join date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have so many questions to Harrisons. But I think they never will say anything about Columbine, for many reasons, and the main reason is how Eric harmed them ( he even didn't had any services, and that says a lot about his parents).

We don't know that he didn't have any services, just that none were publically announced.  The family could have done something quite at home
Oh, so in USA it possible to do at home??? Shocked

Technically yes.  You do have to inform people that the person has died but there are several religions here in the USA where you don't have a traditional funeral.  Some you invite people to your home where the body lies and celebrate then bury them or cremate them the same or next day.  

I think with how private the family is, they most likely had him cremated and did a small remembrance for him
How interesting. Because on Europe you can't do it at home. You can have some memorial service at home after official registered funeral. You can't have ashes and take it home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4298
Contribution Points : 71236
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have so many questions to Harrisons. But I think they never will say anything about Columbine, for many reasons, and the main reason is how Eric harmed them ( he even didn't had any services, and that says a lot about his parents).

We don't know that he didn't have any services, just that none were publically announced.  The family could have done something quiet at home

That is true. The Klebold's tried REALLY hard to keep Dylan's private and the media still caught wind and I heard the pastor who conducted the service was forced out of town.

Maybe I'm being a pollyanna, and I perhaps come off as a Dylan apologist sometimes but I think Dylan loved his family, he just had a lot of resentment against them. He always had to be the golden boy who did everything on his own... then when he started to feel like he was changing, that this entity took him over (that is from his journal) he couldn't connect anymore. I think Dylan also hinted at NBK to his family and even tried to tell his mom about his anger issues. Sue backed off instead of asking Dylan "you're getting so angry at me and can't control it? What is going on!?"

The Harris's are super private. I think the only way we will ever get anything from them is around the depositions, or if assumptions are true and Wayne is the one who wants to keep everything buried, when he dies, maybe Kevin or Kathy will speak out?

I do think Eric had cries for help, and when they were not listened to and he got away with so much, he got cocky and stopped caring. I think Eric and Dylan really gave each other things they needed to fulfill this destructive goal they had.


I think Wayne having a notebook about Eric was his way of taking care of his son. I'm not so concerned about him calling 911, I'm more intrigued at the time the police arrived at their house vs when they were at the Klebolds. Which has been discussed here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tom called a lawyer because he thought Dylan was involved in a senior prank that could affect his probation and college plans... not because he thought he was involved in a shooting.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Jea

avatar

Posts : 542
Contribution Points : 8615
Join date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:31 pm

It's just because in USA parents very respect their children privacy, on my county until I live in my parent house they have a right to check my room, and etc. It's was so annoying that days, but it's works great )

_________________
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."
(с)The Silence of the Lambs, 1991
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor


Posts : 536
Contribution Points : 13572
Join date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:31 pm

I wonder, if his parents claimed his body, if they where adviced not to look at it.

I mean, his face was like almost detached from the rest of his skull.
They must have gotten a huge warning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MalonsMilk

avatar

Posts : 46
Contribution Points : 9558
Join date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:33 pm

I tend to think that Eric was closer to his parents than Dylan was to his. I know that we'll never see the basement tapes but even Dylan's transcript of 'gotta go, mom' seems so flippant. I can just imagine him saying it with a kind of lighthearted, throw my hands in the air I'm done with this shit kinda schtick.

Eric I can imagine would sound more reserved and humble in his apologies.

We'll never be able to know for sure but I think Dylan's love for his parents had run cold for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2145
Contribution Points : 33806
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder, if his parents claimed his body, if they where adviced not to look at it.

I mean, his face was like almost detached from the rest of his skull.
They must have gotten a huge warning.

I am sure they did. Would you have wanted to look? I would have but regretted it

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor


Posts : 536
Contribution Points : 13572
Join date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:50 pm

I feel like I would have slowly slowly opened the sheet and halfway through been like "NOPE!" and maybe cried and felt ill.

So I would have looked a bit and then later regretted that I didn't take the chance to fully look at him one last time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

avatar

Posts : 542
Contribution Points : 8615
Join date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:53 pm

as a parent I cant even imagine, it's like a worst nightmare in whole world.
nonono

_________________
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."
(с)The Silence of the Lambs, 1991
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4298
Contribution Points : 71236
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I feel like I would have slowly slowly opened the sheet and halfway through been like "NOPE!" and maybe cried and felt ill.

So I would have looked a bit and then later regretted that I didn't take the chance to fully look at him one last time.

It would be something that would haunt me if that was my child.

I hope the Harris's and Klebolds received warning from friends of family when the suicide pictures were leaked. So that they weren't at the store minding their own business and seeing that on the shelves.

I do wonder if the look on Dylan's face in the photo was the same look he had when he was in the casket, the look that Sue talked about. I assume so. I can't figure out if it's a snarl or what... I don't like looking at them too closely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4298
Contribution Points : 71236
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I tend to think that Eric was closer to his parents than Dylan was to his. I know that we'll never see the basement tapes but even Dylan's transcript of 'gotta go, mom' seems so flippant. I can just imagine him saying it with a kind of lighthearted, throw my hands in the air I'm done with this shit kinda schtick.

Eric I can imagine would sound more reserved and humble in his apologies.

We'll never be able to know for sure but I think Dylan's love for his parents had run cold for quite some time.

It's one of three sections from the BT that I would like to see the most.

Sue said in her book that in that final "scene" they were very earnest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2145
Contribution Points : 33806
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I feel like I would have slowly slowly opened the sheet and halfway through been like "NOPE!" and maybe cried and felt ill.

So I would have looked a bit and then later regretted that I didn't take the chance to fully look at him one last time.

It would be something that would haunt me if that was my child.

I hope the Harris's and Klebolds received warning from friends of family when the suicide pictures were leaked. So that they weren't at the store minding their own business and seeing that on the shelves.

I do wonder if the look on Dylan's face in the photo was the same look he had when he was in the casket, the look that Sue talked about. I assume so. I can't figure out if it's a snarl or what... I don't like looking at them too closely.

Usually if a body is going to be seen the funeral parlor will help the body out a bit. Makeup (yuck) and they sew the lips together with a plastic insert so that the mouth is rounded out. They can also glue down the eyelids so nothing happens there

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4298
Contribution Points : 71236
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I feel like I would have slowly slowly opened the sheet and halfway through been like "NOPE!" and maybe cried and felt ill.

So I would have looked a bit and then later regretted that I didn't take the chance to fully look at him one last time.

It would be something that would haunt me if that was my child.

I hope the Harris's and Klebolds received warning from friends of family when the suicide pictures were leaked. So that they weren't at the store minding their own business and seeing that on the shelves.

I do wonder if the look on Dylan's face in the photo was the same look he had when he was in the casket, the look that Sue talked about. I assume so. I can't figure out if it's a snarl or what... I don't like looking at them too closely.

Usually if a body is going to be seen the funeral parlor will help the body out a bit.  Makeup (yuck) and they sew the lips together with a plastic insert so that the mouth is rounded out.  They can also glue down the eyelids so nothing happens there

I've only been to wakes and funerals with open caskets.

I don't know if it is true that they put stuffed animals around Dylan's head to cover the bullet wound.. That had have been a dichotomy right there.

I think the Bernall's had a closed casket because Cassie didn't look like herself.

I think at Rachel's they opened the casket and everyone had to walk by it as they left... which I think Devon and Brooks talk about, they weren't happy about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rebbie556
Top Contributor


Posts : 287
Contribution Points : 23861
Join date : 2017-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah,but on the other side that’s a good reason e&d’s would be vandalized/destroyed
Btw I read somewhere that his parents stayed in a hotel that day or day after I believe When they weren’t at home .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

avatar

Posts : 542
Contribution Points : 8615
Join date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah,but on the other side that’s a good reason e&d’s would be vandalized/destroyed
Btw I read somewhere that his parents stayed in a hotel that day or day after I believe   When they weren’t at home .
I agree, also there will be no cult of fans on their grave too.
Now after so many years all turned upside down, and E&D have a lot of fans whole over the world, mby because all this admirers wasn't under the table on the library face to face to the shotgun. I had listened Patty's 991 call in good headphones for the first time, and it's so heartbreaking. Really, kill someone who is on the knees, unarmed and laugh about it, don't see nothing heroic in that. Sorry about emotions.


_________________
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."
(с)The Silence of the Lambs, 1991
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jbow89



Posts : 93
Contribution Points : 25260
Join date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:10 am

I only went to one funeral with a closed casket and it was for a child that was killed by a drunk driver.


Also, I always assumed Dylan was closer with his parents than Eric. Didn't Dylan's mom say they watched movies together as a family and stuff? Dylan's family also seemed more open and friendly where as Eric's seemed reserved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan



Posts : 3613
Contribution Points : 58524
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:20 pm

He probably acted the way he did in school pre-massacre including those weird jokes about killing people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

avatar

Posts : 542
Contribution Points : 8615
Join date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:44 pm

well, honestly many teenagers in this age are interested in death, suicide, and etc. But only few can make something awful and crazy. Natural selection, you know, only the strongest one will survive, weak ones gonna die as EandD.

_________________
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."
(с)The Silence of the Lambs, 1991
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milkwood



Posts : 16
Contribution Points : 13006
Join date : 2017-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't know if it is true that they put stuffed animals around Dylan's head to cover the bullet wound.. That had have been a dichotomy right there.


This is true. Sue mentions it in her book. I'm not sure whether they brought the stuffed animals or that this is a service funeral homes sometimes provide in such circumstances where bodies have catastrophic wounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mordupen



Posts : 305
Contribution Points : 11889
Join date : 2017-09-14
Location : I

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't know if it is true that they put stuffed animals around Dylan's head to cover the bullet wound.. That had have been a dichotomy right there.  


This is true. Sue mentions it in her book. I'm not sure whether they brought the stuffed animals or that this is a service funeral homes sometimes provide in such circumstances where bodies have catastrophic wounds.

They were his and the wounds were masked fairly well by the time his viewing or funeral came around.

_________________
"Fangirling over groceries"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 474
Contribution Points : 18485
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Parents have intuition.

Plus the media saying the TCM was involved. He knew his son wore a trench coat.

_________________
They're neither moral nor majority
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milkwood



Posts : 16
Contribution Points : 13006
Join date : 2017-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 pm

Pretty sure some of the live coverage also mentioned pipe bombs during the broadcast as well...would definitely trigger some alarm bells in Wayne Harris's mind...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea

avatar

Posts : 542
Contribution Points : 8615
Join date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Unfortunately, we will never know, because there is no chance that Harrison's will some how shed light on this case and add some missing parts.

_________________
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."
(с)The Silence of the Lambs, 1991
Back to top Go down
View user profile
23september



Posts : 214
Contribution Points : 15010
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:45 am

I think the whole "wayne harris knew what his son was capable of, why else would he call in and tell everyone his son might be involved?" is a little exaggerated.

He came home, the house reeked of propane, he checked the house out and went into erics room, found pieces of the sawn of shotgun and other incriminating stuff he hadn't bothered to hide. It was pretty evident he was involved, and being a military man he probably acted quickly and wanted to save lives by maybe being able to help out by saying it might be Eric.

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebbie556
Top Contributor


Posts : 287
Contribution Points : 23861
Join date : 2017-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:20 pm

Daniel Mauser had open casket even though he was shot in the face by Eric .his face was reconstructed for the funeral .so everything’s possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?   

Back to top Go down
 
Did Eric covertly hint to his parents about NBK?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?
» hint game
» Zoey and Stark (what do think)
» TRICK TO PLAY ON PARENTS!!!
» VOLKOV, Kaily Nicole

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: