Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unbiased book about Columbine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Larsn6

Contribution Points : 58062
Forum Reputation : 0

Unbiased book about Columbine  Empty
PostSubject: Unbiased book about Columbine    Unbiased book about Columbine  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 pm

So I wanted to write a book (in Russian) about Columbine, because I think what we have now is not very good (Cullen, Larkin) or too subjective (Sue, Brooks). I have great respect for Sue Klebold and her book, but I think she was very biased in her opinions, which is completely understandable. Besides it’s about her journey as a mother, not a Columbine book. I thought “Well, Tim Krabbe did a great job and he is German, so I can do it too” (I am from Russia). I wrote down a plan and some ideas, but then realized I was basically repeating what was discussed on this forum. I have original ideas about some things, but 70% was already been here. It’s not obvious to general public, but it’s obvious to me as the member of this forum. So I don’t feel like stealing ideas from people, but I really want a book about Columbine or just about Eric Harris. I am not a “fan” or anything, I just want to tell this story without making him an evil psychopath. Who are interested in this? I can sponsor this book (or most of it at least).
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 57542
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Unbiased book about Columbine    Unbiased book about Columbine  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 9:29 pm

Шансы что эту книгу допустят на прилаки где-то около 0, учитывая парад придурков пытающихся повторить "подвиг".

But you can find tons of information here, also I recommend to start your journey with 11k reading.

Larsn6

Contribution Points : 58062

PostSubject: Re: Unbiased book about Columbine    Unbiased book about Columbine  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 2:10 am

Спасибо за ответ! Да, 11k лучше любой книги) Даже если не допустят на прилавки, выпустить хотя бы ограниченный тираж для тех, кто заинтересован. Странно, что участники до сих пор не написали такую книгу,хотя вроде подобная тема уже обсуждалась. Запредельное внимание к Колумбайну в последнее время тоже мотивирует меня искать единомышленников. Сейчас все российские СМИ ссылаются на Каллена. Если тут есть люди, заинтересованные в написании книги, я им с радостью помогу - могу быть соавтором или просто быть спонсором - неважно, главное появится книга, в которой присутствует другая точка зрения.
If somebody interested in writing a book about Columbine, I will gladly help them to publish it. I can co-write it or just be a sponsor - doesn’t really matter, I just need a book with different point of view on Columbine. My biggest problem with other books (Cullen, Sue, Langman, Larkin, Brooks) is portrayal of Eric Harris. And I think majority of people on this forum can agree with me on this.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Unbiased book about Columbine    Unbiased book about Columbine  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 9:03 am

I think that is a good idea. Besides Sue, most of the books written about Columbine are a bit outdated.

I don't think you would be "stealing" things from the forum as long as you turned the ideas into your own thoughts.

Uranus15

Uranus15

Contribution Points : 58962

PostSubject: Re: Unbiased book about Columbine    Unbiased book about Columbine  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 am

I know the publication has already been 3 months, but I still want to comment! I would also like to make a book about Columbine, only that exclusively for Brazil (To show the Brazilian public the Shooting)! I had this idea when the school shooting occurred in Goiânia (As I said, I'm Brazilian) and after reading the inspiration of the shooter with Columbine, I felt a great desire to show "the truth" to the public, since, from what I see, the Most Brazilians have little information about the shooting! And since I really like the subject, it encourages me more! But sometimes I think, what Krabbé really managed to make a "definitive" book, besides Randy's book is coming (And it's going to be translated by Portuguese, like Sue's book). This two factors ends up taking my hopes off , in addition to being a minor! If Randy's book is not translated, I will make a book "with everything" (Opinions, Information and etc ...), but if so, I will not write anything on the subject!
I just made this text to show you how I also have this will, and also that I will support you as much as possible to write a book on the subject!
Hugs!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unbiased book about Columbine    Unbiased book about Columbine  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unbiased book about Columbine
Page 1 of 1