Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Mass Shooting 1835

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
log_1987

log_1987

Contribution Points : 57181
Forum Reputation : 0

First Mass Shooting 1835 Empty
PostSubject: First Mass Shooting 1835   First Mass Shooting 1835 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 5:36 am

The assassination attempt on Louis Philippe I occurred on the 28th of July 1835, in Paris. It was perpetrated by Giuseppe Marco Fieschi. He failed to assassinate the king, however, he killed 18 and injured 22 using the volley gun that he constructed with the help of Pierre Morey.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I consider Fieschi a prototype Paddock. The reason I say that is because he used his volley gun from a high vantage point. Also the volley gun had 25 barrels, Paddock had 21 semi automatic guns, which is doubly interesting when you consider that 4 of the volley gun's barrels burst when fired; but obviously that is just a coincidence.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What I found interesting about the case were the similarities it shared with modern mass shootings. According to some accounts Fieschi wasn't politically motivated, so maybe the parallels should come as no surprise.

For one, the aftermath was a spectacle. It garnered a great deal of public interest. Fieschi revelled in the fame that it brought him. At the trial he talked much about himself, his thoughts, emotions, and habits, much like a verbal manifesto. A biography was written about him; his life was scrutinised. In the void of a clear motivation one might argue that fame was a motive. Perhaps they should have started campaigning for No Notoriety back then.

And like it was for Whitman and Paddock, Fieschi's brain was studied to determine if there were abnormalities that might explain his behaviour.
Back to top Go down
mrbaby56

mrbaby56

Contribution Points : 61345

PostSubject: Re: First Mass Shooting 1835   First Mass Shooting 1835 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Indeed interesting. Thanks for bringing it up... ;)
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: First Mass Shooting 1835   First Mass Shooting 1835 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 8:42 am

Interesting, is there anymore information I can read on this?
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 57386

PostSubject: Re: First Mass Shooting 1835   First Mass Shooting 1835 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Interesting, is there anymore information I can read on this?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 41939
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: First Mass Shooting 1835   First Mass Shooting 1835 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 1:49 am

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS DAWG

I love it, it looks like something out of a cartoon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Mass Shooting 1835   First Mass Shooting 1835 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Mass Shooting 1835
Page 1 of 1