Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Lies and cover ups.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:14 pm

I’m trying to pull a few things together. I know a couple years ago Dave Cullen and Kate Battan were supposed to be on Oprah. However the other families protested because no one could refute them. We all know what Cullen lies about but I’ve never really looked into Det. Battan

Have the families ever explicitly laid out what they think is being lied about or what info is being held from them?

The Mausers were pretty open about their meeting with Wayne and Kathy. It was the Mausers realize get?

Lauren’s Mom I know really wants the depositions to be released. She had said in an interview she has a lot to say about them. I think even Sue wants that too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28812
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 pm

I know that the Rohrboughs think there was something majorly hinky going on with Daniel.

But do you mean the police force as a whole and what they lied about? Bc that conversation could go on all day

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I know that the Rohrboughs think there was something majorly hinky going on with Daniel.  

But do you mean the police force as a whole and what they lied about?  Bc that conversation could go on all day

True, It’s a pretty broad topic. I kind of wanted to get a better understanding of what the families were saying they were being lied to about or whatinformation they feel like is being held from them. I know a lot of them are angry at the diversion program as well.

Wasn’t it Danny R’s father who said he has like 60 pages of notes on the basement tapes? What is stopping him from releasing that information to us the public. He has no problem talking about how angry he is. He should be able to talk about what he saw on the tapes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28812
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm

There have been a few people claiming to have all kinds of evidence that would blow the investigation out of the water. So far all have been quiet. Leading me to wonder what kind of bribes they took....or if they actually have anything.

We shall see if Randy ever writes a book

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1184
Contribution Points : 27545
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:08 pm

I don't know about any controversies in the eyes of the families but after reading through a link that was posted by another member recently, the investigation into previous contacts with Eric and Dylan by law enforcement and the website warnings from the Browns and an "anonymous" tipster, I have many of questions about that whole situation. Some things don't make any sense at all if the Browns are telling the truth.

I wrote out a long post which was accidentally deleted before I posted it and that annoyed me enough that I put off mentioning it at all but I really wanted to bring that up.

Does anyone know anything about what the Browns said in response to that investigation? According to the official conclusions, JeffCo basically indirectly but repeatedly called the Browns liars or at least constantly suggested that their memories of previous events were inaccurate. I don't know who to believe and I don't know how any of this would change the story. Why the hell would the Browns lie about these events when they were so adamant that the information be released in the first place?

Here's a link for anyone who wants to read it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd just like to know if anyone knows of any writing/video where the Browns directly addressed the conclusions from this investigation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There have been a few people claiming to have all kinds of evidence that would blow the investigation out of the water.  So far all have been quiet.  Leading me to wonder what kind of bribes they took....or if they actually have anything.

We shall see if Randy ever writes a book


It makes me wonder too...

Could there be more to the Basement Tapes, and that is why they are not released?

I mean we know Eric and Dylan did it, and pretty much we know why.

Yet there is so much that we don't know and the things we don't know would hurt JeffCo and probably the school. It sounds like people are just saying "we know things that will blow the case wide open" but it's been almost 20 years, why not just tell us?




_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't know about any controversies in the eyes of the families but after reading through a link that was posted by another member recently, the investigation into previous contacts with Eric and Dylan by law enforcement and the website warnings from the Browns and an "anonymous" tipster, I have many of questions about that whole situation. Some things don't make any sense at all if the Browns are telling the truth.

I wrote out a long post which was accidentally deleted before I posted it and that annoyed me enough that I put off mentioning it at all but I really wanted to bring that up.

Does anyone know anything about what the Browns said in response to that investigation? According to the official conclusions, JeffCo basically indirectly but repeatedly called the Browns liars or at least constantly suggested that their memories of previous events were inaccurate. I don't know who to believe and I don't know how any of this would change the story. Why the hell would the Browns lie about these events when they were so adamant that the information be released in the first place?

Here's a link for anyone who wants to read it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd just like to know if anyone knows of any writing/video where the Browns directly addressed the conclusions from this investigation.

I also wonder why they would lie about Dylan ratting on Eric and when they were arrested for the van theft and Judy thought it was for Eric's website, why wasn't Zach arrested to? He was KiBBz and he was part of some of their rebel missions, which would have been the only reason Dylan would have gotten into trouble because if it was JUST for the writings on the site, it would have been Eric. Zach and Dylan didn't make any threats towards the Browns or anyone else in this case. I mean Zach and Dylan were jerks to other people yes but nothing that warranted police involvement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28812
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't know about any controversies in the eyes of the families but after reading through a link that was posted by another member recently, the investigation into previous contacts with Eric and Dylan by law enforcement and the website warnings from the Browns and an "anonymous" tipster, I have many of questions about that whole situation. Some things don't make any sense at all if the Browns are telling the truth.

I wrote out a long post which was accidentally deleted before I posted it and that annoyed me enough that I put off mentioning it at all but I really wanted to bring that up.

Does anyone know anything about what the Browns said in response to that investigation? According to the official conclusions, JeffCo basically indirectly but repeatedly called the Browns liars or at least constantly suggested that their memories of previous events were inaccurate. I don't know who to believe and I don't know how any of this would change the story. Why the hell would the Browns lie about these events when they were so adamant that the information be released in the first place?

Here's a link for anyone who wants to read it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd just like to know if anyone knows of any writing/video where the Browns directly addressed the conclusions from this investigation.

Further down on pg 22 is interesting and funny to me. By 2003 which was when the interview took place, Brooks book had been published. Giving Dylan the credit for giving Brooks the information on Eric's website.

Prior to that date it was widely accepted that Aaron was the concerned citizen. But by 2003 no one including Aaron wanted to admit to that and went with the old Dylan train. So.... we all know the original concerned citizen was Aaron. I guess The Browns just wanted to go with what was in the book and make Dylan look better

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't know about any controversies in the eyes of the families but after reading through a link that was posted by another member recently, the investigation into previous contacts with Eric and Dylan by law enforcement and the website warnings from the Browns and an "anonymous" tipster, I have many of questions about that whole situation. Some things don't make any sense at all if the Browns are telling the truth.

I wrote out a long post which was accidentally deleted before I posted it and that annoyed me enough that I put off mentioning it at all but I really wanted to bring that up.

Does anyone know anything about what the Browns said in response to that investigation? According to the official conclusions, JeffCo basically indirectly but repeatedly called the Browns liars or at least constantly suggested that their memories of previous events were inaccurate. I don't know who to believe and I don't know how any of this would change the story. Why the hell would the Browns lie about these events when they were so adamant that the information be released in the first place?

Here's a link for anyone who wants to read it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd just like to know if anyone knows of any writing/video where the Browns directly addressed the conclusions from this investigation.

Further down on pg 22 is interesting and funny to me.  By 2003 which was when the interview took place, Brooks book had been published.  Giving Dylan the credit for giving Brooks the information on Eric's website.

Prior to that date it was widely accepted that Aaron was the concerned citizen.  But by 2003 no one including Aaron wanted to admit to that and went with the old Dylan train.  So.... we all know the original concerned citizen was Aaron.  I guess The Browns just wanted to go with what was in the book and make Dylan look better

That's another interesting thing to look at regarding "cover ups" the protectiveness many people have of Dylan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:29 pm

I saw the scanned piece of paper. You can read the web address... clearly not Dylan's handwriting.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28812
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I saw the scanned piece of paper. You can read the web address... clearly not Dylan's handwriting.
I believe the investigating officer wrote that and iirc he wrote it wrong. So when they tried to find the address they couldn't get to it. And of course no one followed up

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5091
Contribution Points : 49088
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There have been a few people claiming to have all kinds of evidence that would blow the investigation out of the water.  So far all have been quiet.  Leading me to wonder what kind of bribes they took....or if they actually have anything.

We shall see if Randy ever writes a book


I can't wait to read Randy's book. IF it ever gets written.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I saw the scanned piece of paper. You can read the web address... clearly not Dylan's handwriting.
I believe the investigating officer wrote that and iirc he wrote it wrong.  So when they tried to find the address they couldn't get to it.  And of course no one followed up

Thanks Lizpuff! That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There have been a few people claiming to have all kinds of evidence that would blow the investigation out of the water.  So far all have been quiet.  Leading me to wonder what kind of bribes they took....or if they actually have anything.

We shall see if Randy ever writes a book


I can't wait to read Randy's book. IF it ever gets written.

I secretly feel like Randy may have some leaked Basement Tape stuff he can release... I have absolutely no facts to back up my feelings. Just wishful thinking/gut feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5091
Contribution Points : 49088
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There have been a few people claiming to have all kinds of evidence that would blow the investigation out of the water.  So far all have been quiet.  Leading me to wonder what kind of bribes they took....or if they actually have anything.

We shall see if Randy ever writes a book


I can't wait to read Randy's book. IF it ever gets written.

I secretly feel like Randy may have some leaked Basement Tape stuff he can release... I have absolutely no facts to back up my feelings. Just wishful thinking/gut feeling.

Randy having something and releasing it is two totally different things. I am quite sure that Randy does indeed have things that we have never seen before, but my question is why has he waited so long to possibly come out with it? scratch

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There have been a few people claiming to have all kinds of evidence that would blow the investigation out of the water.  So far all have been quiet.  Leading me to wonder what kind of bribes they took....or if they actually have anything.

We shall see if Randy ever writes a book


I can't wait to read Randy's book. IF it ever gets written.

I secretly feel like Randy may have some leaked Basement Tape stuff he can release... I have absolutely no facts to back up my feelings. Just wishful thinking/gut feeling.

Randy having something and releasing it is two totally different things. I am quite sure that Randy does indeed have things that we have never seen before, but my question is why has he waited so long to possibly come out with it?  scratch

Excellent question. I feel like around the depositions we are going to have another slew of evidence released. Could they be under a gag order?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sscc
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1184
Contribution Points : 27545
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I also wonder why they would lie about Dylan ratting on Eric
See, this is part of why I started reading through the report. After reading through, it seems that they were handed two separate handwritten notes with the website written down (one in 1997 and one in 1998) and neither one was necessarily supposed to be from Dylan. In fact, Brooks never really seemed to tell the police that Dylan (or anyone else) handed him a note. He said he got the information at school and he didn't say who informed him of the website until after 4/20.

I don't think the report ruled out the possibility that Dylan did give him the information but I would say that it's possible that he lied about being handed a note in his book. It's also possible that someone (Dylan?) did pass him a note but that this was not the note that Brooks handed to the police because he didn't want Eric to find out that Dylan (or whoever it was) ratted him out. It's very unclear.

The handwriting on the scrap actually belongs to both Brooks and his brother. If I remember correctly, the police say that it was from the concerned citizen in 1997 and the Browns say it was from the 1998 police report.

The whole concerned citizen thing is another major issue. Both Brooks and Aaron denied seeing the website before 1998 when "Dylan" told Brooks about it and Randy and Judy said that they didn't know if Aaron or Brooks had visited it before 1998. How could that be when the police claim to have visited them and been given printed copies of the website in 1997? Why would the entire Brown family lie about this when it's supposedly in the police records? And neither Brooks nor Aaron "remember" reporting Eric's website in 1997. What would be the motive to lie? If anything, wouldn't they want there to be yet another incident where the police didn't take them seriously enough?

Why did they also lie about the date of the snowball incident? Apparently, they even provided proof (in the form of a receipt from fixing the windshield) that it happened a year later than the police concluded that it happened.

I can't remember if that was everything I had issues with but that's already quite a bit of lying going on by someone.


Last edited by sscc on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5091
Contribution Points : 49088
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There have been a few people claiming to have all kinds of evidence that would blow the investigation out of the water.  So far all have been quiet.  Leading me to wonder what kind of bribes they took....or if they actually have anything.

We shall see if Randy ever writes a book


I can't wait to read Randy's book. IF it ever gets written.

I secretly feel like Randy may have some leaked Basement Tape stuff he can release... I have absolutely no facts to back up my feelings. Just wishful thinking/gut feeling.

Randy having something and releasing it is two totally different things. I am quite sure that Randy does indeed have things that we have never seen before, but my question is why has he waited so long to possibly come out with it?  scratch

Excellent question. I feel like around the depositions we are going to have another slew of evidence released. Could they be under a gag order?


I have never hear of anyone being under one, but hell anything is possible.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3637
Contribution Points : 46549
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I also wonder why they would lie about Dylan ratting on Eric
See, this is part of why I started reading through the report. After reading through, it seems that they were handed two separate handwritten notes with the website written down (one in 1997 and one in 1998) and neither one was necessarily supposed to be from Dylan. In fact, Brooks never really seemed to tell the police that Dylan (or anyone else) handed him a note. He said he got the information at school and he didn't say who informed him of the website until after 4/20.

I don't think the report ruled out the possibility that Dylan did give him the information but I would say that it's possible that he lied about being handed a note in his book. It's also possible that someone (Dylan?) did pass him a note but that this was not the note that Brooks handed to the police because he didn't want Eric to find out that Dylan (or whoever it was) ratted him out. It's very unclear.

The handwriting on the scrap actually belongs to both Brooks and his brother. If I remember correctly, the police say that it was from the concerned citizen in 1997 and the Browns say it was from the 1998 police report.

The whole concerned citizen thing is another major issue. Both Brooks and Aaron denied seeing the website before 1998 when "Dylan" told Brooks about it and Randy and Judy said that they didn't know if Aaron or Brooks had visited it before 1998. How could that be when the police claim to have visited them and been given printed copies of the website in 1997? Why would the entire Brown family lie about this when it's supposedly in the police records? And neither Brooks nor Aaron "remember" reporting Eric's website in 1997. What would be the motive to lie? If anything, wouldn't they want there to be yet another incident where the police didn't take them seriously enough?

Why did they also lie about the date of the snowball incident? Apparently, they even provided proof (in the form of a receipt from fixing the windshield) that it happened a year later than the police concluded that it happened.

I can't remember if that was everything I had issues with but that's already quite a bit of lying going on by someone.

The lying doesn't add up. The Browns are known for their embellishing. Maybe not Randy but certainly Judy and Brooks.

I never knew they lied about the date of the snowball incident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28812
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I also wonder why they would lie about Dylan ratting on Eric
See, this is part of why I started reading through the report. After reading through, it seems that they were handed two separate handwritten notes with the website written down (one in 1997 and one in 1998) and neither one was necessarily supposed to be from Dylan. In fact, Brooks never really seemed to tell the police that Dylan (or anyone else) handed him a note. He said he got the information at school and he didn't say who informed him of the website until after 4/20.

I don't think the report ruled out the possibility that Dylan did give him the information but I would say that it's possible that he lied about being handed a note in his book. It's also possible that someone (Dylan?) did pass him a note but that this was not the note that Brooks handed to the police because he didn't want Eric to find out that Dylan (or whoever it was) ratted him out. It's very unclear.

The handwriting on the scrap actually belongs to both Brooks and his brother. If I remember correctly, the police say that it was from the concerned citizen in 1997 and the Browns say it was from the 1998 police report.

The whole concerned citizen thing is another major issue. Both Brooks and Aaron denied seeing the website before 1998 when "Dylan" told Brooks about it and Randy and Judy said that they didn't know if Aaron or Brooks had visited it before 1998. How could that be when the police claim to have visited them and been given printed copies of the website in 1997? Why would the entire Brown family lie about this when it's supposedly in the police records? And neither Brooks nor Aaron "remember" reporting Eric's website in 1997. What would be the motive to lie? If anything, wouldn't they want there to be yet another incident where the police didn't take them seriously enough?

Why did they also lie about the date of the snowball incident? Apparently, they even provided proof (in the form of a receipt from fixing the windshield) that it happened a year later than the police concluded that it happened.

I can't remember if that was everything I had issues with but that's already quite a bit of lying going on by someone.

The lying doesn't add up. The Browns are known for their embellishing. Maybe not Randy but certainly Judy and Brooks.

I never knew they lied about the date of the snowball incident.

Well again wasn't that after Brooks published his book? I think he fudged the date there to make it seem he was closer to E&D than he really was.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5091
Contribution Points : 49088
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm

I think it is way past time for Randy to put up or shut up where Columbine is concerned. IF he has info then release it already and stop just talking about it.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2214
Contribution Points : 24282
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I am quite sure that Randy does indeed have things that we have never seen before

If he did it would've already been released by now. That's my line of thinking anyway.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaylorsMom

avatar

Posts : 161
Contribution Points : 25232
Join date : 2016-01-05
Age : 35
Location : Greene, ME

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 pm

I'm with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on this one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5091
Contribution Points : 49088
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I am quite sure that Randy does indeed have things that we have never seen before

If he did it would've already been released by now. That's my line of thinking anyway.


I somewhat agree with you on that. Randy has done a lot of talking over the years, yet has never released anything. BUT I still hold out hope that he will write the book and give us something, even if it is just his point of view on the whole situation.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hvernon

avatar

Posts : 51
Contribution Points : 16082
Join date : 2016-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Maybe I read the document wrong, but what were the Browns lying about? We know that Brooks states Dylan gave him the name of the website. So, Aaron was the concerned citizen who reported the site to the police. I don't ever remember reading that Dylan was the concerned citizen who told the police. I thought his only connection to this was that he gave Brooks the name of the website. I am confused as to what you guys are saying. Sorry, I am very tired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1184
Contribution Points : 27545
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Lies and cover ups.    Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Maybe I read the document wrong, but what were the Browns lying about? We know that Brooks states Dylan gave him the name of the website. So, Aaron was the concerned citizen who reported the site to the police. I don't ever remember reading that Dylan was the concerned citizen who told the police. I thought his only connection to this was that he gave Brooks the name of the website. I am confused as to what you guys are saying. Sorry, I am very tired.
I haven't read the report in several weeks so hopefully, I still have my facts straight.

The website was reported to the police twice.

According to the police, Aaron anonymously reported the website to the police for the first time in 1997. Aaron doesn't remember reporting the website in 1997 and neither does Brooks. Randy and Judy say they don't know who the concerned citizen was.

Whether it was Aaron or not, the police have records of dispatching someone to the Brown residence a few hours later and they claim that Randy and/or Judy were there with a bunch of pages printed out from Eric's website. The Browns believe the web page printouts in the 1997 file were printed from their printer but they believe that they were given to the police in 1998.

The police also believe that the "scrap paper" with the website on it was originally handed to them in 1997. Aaron and Brooks identified their own handwriting on the paper later on but the Browns believe that although the paper was filed with the 1997 report, they handed that paper to the police when they called them in 1998. They claim to know nothing about the contact about the website in 1997.

Aaron and Brooks both say that they hadn't seen the website before 1998. Randy and Judy also claim that they don't know if Aaron or Brooks saw the website before 1998 even though the police say that they printed out papers and handed it to them during both the 1997 and 1998 visits.

The identity of the 1998 tipster is something I disagree with others on. I still believe that Brooks could be telling the truth about Dylan alerting him to the threats on the website in 1998, but at the same time, if the police are correct about the 1997 anonymous citizen, then Aaron and Brooks were already aware of the website. If anything, it seems like they just found the specific threats against Brooks this time.
 
So, some of the questions are:
-When the Browns first saw the website and why they deny seeing it in 1997 when the police claim they were given printouts at the time
-Who reported it in 1997 and why all of the Browns deny knowledge of that tip despite police conclusions
-How Brooks found out about the website threats in 1998 (told by Dylan, someone else or no one at all)
-If it was Dylan who informed him, whether he handed Brooks a note or told him about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Lies and cover ups.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» US Awakened Cover
» Cover Discussion
» the truth but in lies.
» Beauty lies within. (Forcer please! Please post!)
» Meisalu and Zenke

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: