Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Northern Illinois University

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Northern Illinois University Empty
PostSubject: Northern Illinois University   Northern Illinois University Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 am

10 years today since NIU shooting.

Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Contribution Points : 59874
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Northern Illinois University   Northern Illinois University Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 am

Has his motive ever been revealed?
Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 58065
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Northern Illinois University   Northern Illinois University Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 7:17 am

Except mental illness (he had stopped taking his medications in last couple of weeks before the massacre) - not. He even removed hard drive from his laptop and it was never recovered so most likely we'll never find out why.

Here's probably most detailed and interesting article on Steven Kazmierczak ever made in my opinion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Northern Illinois University   Northern Illinois University Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Krieg wrote:
Has his motive ever been revealed?

He studied Eric and Dylan along with Cho, so it seems to me he was trying to copycat them.

rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 58065
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Northern Illinois University   Northern Illinois University Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 pm

I doubt it. He might be influenced, but there were a lot of differences between them. He left no manifestos, he had girlfriend(s), successes in schools and universities. He probably didn't want to accept his mental illness, stopped taking medications, plunged into depression. He was getting darker and darker as a person, and decided to execute his "escape from the world plan". He was in need of attention, that's why he choose university stage as the crime place.

I don't deny he was influenced by the Columbine and other mass shootings - I just don't think it was that simple, as he was copycating. In my opinion he had more darker and personal motives to do this. But we'll never know what were they exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northern Illinois University   Northern Illinois University Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Northern Illinois University
Page 1 of 1