Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 14767

PostSubject: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 pm

Investigators later found he had so much ammo left on his rifle and his two pistols, but yet he killed himself after slaughtering 27 people. I know he heard COPS coming but they wouldn't enter the school for another long while. I'm kind of curious on why he decided to kill himself so quick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 20613

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:21 pm

He had spent as much time as he could killing people, and only ended himself when he spotted a police officer down the hall.

View user profile
Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 46211

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:30 am

Imagine a fucked up creature like Lanza in prison. No computer, no being able to tape up any windows he may walk passed, having to talk to other inmates.

I think that was his motivation to kill himself as soon as he thought any police were on site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 25742

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Imagine a fucked up creature like Lanza in prison. No computer, no being able to tape up any windows he may walk passed, having to talk to other inmates.

I think that was his motivation to kill himself as soon as he thought any police were on site.

He probably wouldn't have been sent to prison, but a mental institution.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 am

If he even existed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37259

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:17 am

It still would've been a walking hell for him. He had a burning hatred for therapists and held mental health institutions in contempt.

View user profile
rkp

Contribution Points : 7847

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:52 am

i assume because law enforcement arrived on the scene so quickly. had they been delayed, he might have moved onto another room. he wasn't going to risk being taken alive. it simply wasn't an option. it was very fortunate the police response was so quick, or more lives would surely have been lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31675

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:10 pm

If he even existed.
Of course he existed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
htr63

Contribution Points : 14818

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:40 am

One theory I remember reading about was that mass shootings can be incredibly exhausting for the perpetrator. It was described in Rampage Nation by Louis Klarevas if I remember correctly. A shooting as brief as Sandy Hook can still be remarkably draining, especially when you pair this with Adam's already established malnutrition. If this theory is indeed correct, then it's no surprise that Adam would choose to kill himself so suddenly, despite being able to potentially further his kill count, if only by a small margin. Of course, the presence of law enforcement would further incentivise his intentions, but I believe Adam would have killed himself within a fairly small time frame regardless of the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flanders Darrel

Contribution Points : 8014

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am

If he even existed.
Of course he existed.

Whoever said he didn't exist needs to stop. Of course he did, it was not just some plot by the government, he is real. I'm so tired of hearing people say he isn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:13 pm

If he even existed.
Of course he existed.

Whoever said he didn't exist needs to stop. Of course he did, it was not just some plot by the government, he is real. I'm so tired of hearing people say he isn't.

The whole case is fishy to high heaven. I'm convinced the whole thing was a hoax. Or at least it didn't happen the way it was portrayed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Of course he existed.
Well he doesn't exist anymore. Because that's what happens when you die. You cease to exist.

View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 30604

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:46 pm

The whole case is fishy to high heaven. I'm convinced the whole thing was a hoax. Or at least it didn't happen the way it was portrayed.
What's so fishy about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Of course he existed.
Well he doesn't exist anymore. Because that's what happens when you die. You cease to exist.
Well, at least that's what happens when no one burns the wooden effigy of a hamster required by the magical platypus for you to ride to the gates of Valhalla. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirwais500

Contribution Points : 9829

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 am

He was probably paranoid about the police entering the school so he shot himself so he wouldn't risk getting killed or being taken alive. Sure the police wouldn't actually enter for another five minutes but he had no way of knowing that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaynvink

Contribution Points : 12275

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Someone once said that is was also because his AR15 allegedly jammed but im not sure about this , if anyone knows it then do correct me. Other then that it was of course cause of the fast police respond times

rkp

Contribution Points : 7847

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Well, at least that's what happens when no one burns the wooden effigy of a hamster required by the magical platypus for you to ride to the gates of Valhalla. Sad

Roll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Someone once said that is was also because his AR15 allegedly jammed but im not sure about this , if anyone knows it then do correct me. Other then that it was of course cause of the fast police respond times
This is what the official report says:
Quote :
The Bushmaster rifle was found with the safety in the “fire” position. There was one live 5.56 mm round in the chamber and one PMAG 30 magazine in the magazine well. The magazine contained fourteen live 5.56 mm rounds of ammunition. The rifle did not appear to have malfunctioned when observed by the WDMC van unit, but a CSP-ESU report described the weapon as appearing to have jammed. When tested later, the rifle functioned properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
le4chainorc

Contribution Points : 7889

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 am

he may have done it with the pistol due to it being easier to aim at your own head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:09 pm

he may have done it with the pistol due to it being easier to aim at your own head.
It would have been "safer" for him to have shot himself in the mouth instead of the back of the head (less chance of missing the brain-stem and accidentally paralyzing/blinding yourself). I imagine he shot himself there because he thought it would look cooler or because other shooters shot themselves in that way.

View user profile
Ziamber II
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 20794

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 pm

It would have been "safer" for him to have shot himself in the mouth instead of the back of the head (less chance of missing the brain-stem and accidentally paralyzing/blinding yourself). I imagine he shot himself there because he thought it would look cooler or because other shooters shot themselves in that way.

If his shot didn't kill him, what would probably be his injuries?

imagine if he survives and ended up looking like a crippled space alien? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:07 pm

If his shot didn't kill him, what would probably be his injuries?
His shot would have killed him not matter what; he hit the brain-stem, which controls the body's most basic functions. However, he would have been REALLY messed up if he aimed slightly above or below; If he aimed above he might have damaged his Occipital lobe, blinding himself. If he aimed lower he could have shot his spine instead, paralyzing him from the neck down. Personally, I would have gone the route of least risk and put it in my mouth.

View user profile
Ziamber II
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 20794

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:12 pm

What would have happend if he blinded or crippled himself? I'm sure the cops would have finished him off, remember the first cops to enter Dunblane Primary school kicked Thomas Hamilton so hard it broke his ribs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 pm

What would have happend if he blinded or crippled himself? I'm sure the cops would have finished him off, remember the first cops to enter Dunblane Primary school kicked Thomas Hamilton so hard  it broke his ribs.

At that point it would be a mercy killing.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:07 pm

anybody know if they got phones or computers or even mailboxes wherever adam lanza went

we could ask him

lol
Back to top Go down
04daviszoe

Contribution Points : 30073

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:22 pm

eldigato wrote:
anybody know if they got phones or computers or even mailboxes wherever adam lanza went

we could ask him

lol

You could try a Ouija Board. ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:39 pm

@04daviszoe wrote:
eldigato wrote:

we could ask him

lol

You could try a Ouija Board. ;)

hey adam why are ur eyes so big

hey adam why did u like travis so much

hey adam do u got a computer
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 10480

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Sun May 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Because police entered so quickly. They entered five minutes after the first shots were fired. He actually did shoot and kill for as long as he could and didn't actually kill himself until he was directly spotted by police. He was walking in the hallway outside the classrooms of the slaughter and police had entered and briefly spotted him, Adam likewise also saw them and ducked back into one of the two classrooms where the slaughter had taken place, and killed himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Mon May 14, 2018 1:40 am

Because police entered so quickly. They entered five minutes after the first shots were fired. He actually did shoot and kill for as long as he could and didn't actually kill himself until he was directly spotted by police. He was walking in the hallway outside the classrooms of the slaughter and police had entered and briefly spotted him, Adam likewise also saw them and ducked back into one of the two classrooms where the slaughter had taken place, and killed himself.

It's almost kind of weird to think that it only took him five minutes to kill over two dozen.

View user profile
Oldmare

Contribution Points : 9656

PostSubject: Re: Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?   Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 am

Murder in English had a section devoted to him and the writings he left behind. His shootings were created by pedophile intrest and his inability to ever meet his desire.

He was also bat shit crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Why did Adam Lanza kill himself so quickly?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next