Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Nineteen years of Columbine

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 13669

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:18 pm

NOW: On Tuesday April 20th 1999, 19 years ago, Eric David Harris and Dylan Bennett Klebold, both 17 fired their first shots at their High School

---STUPID PEOPLE!! Why must so many people be so stupid!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 65990

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
NOW: On Tuesday April 20th 1999, 19 years ago, Eric David Harris and Dylan Bennett Klebold, both 17 fired their first shots at their High School

Actually Eric had just turned 18 on April 9th.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
haydenschool

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Actually Eric had just turned 18 on April 9th.

Woops, my mistake

Back to top Go down
View user profile
haydenschool

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:29 pm

NOW: Eric and Dylan enter the library to begin their most notable parts of NBK

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31794

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Is it bad that I requested both the Cullen book and Mein Kampf from my school library? 

Making yourself look a little suspicious lol.

View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 64743

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Just left the memorial. Lots of blue and orange. Lots of tears.

haydenschool

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Is it bad that I requested both the Cullen book and Mein Kampf from my school library? 

Making yourself look a little suspicious lol.
lol! Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:47 pm

I can't help by wonder what the victims families are doing right now. 19 years is a very long time, but one doesn't really completely heal from losing a loved one in such a horrific way.  

I also have to wonder how Eric's and Dylan's family is facing this today.  I actually think they have it just a little rougher then the other families. As their kids were the ones to cause such pain and devastation to so many.

It would be hard to feel guilty about mourning your own child because they killed 13 innocent people. Sad

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:00 pm

I can't help by wonder what the victims families are doing right now. 19 years is a very long time, but one doesn't really completely heal from losing a loved one in such a horrific way.  

I also have to wonder how Eric's and Dylan's family is facing this today.  I actually think they have it just a little rougher then the other families. As their kids were the ones to cause such pain and devastation to so many.

It would be hard to feel guilty about mourning your own child because they killed 13 innocent people. Sad

I wish there was a way to send love to them or leave flowers for the parents. I’m sure they are a mess today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 52224

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm

At this moment nineteen years ago, fourteen of the fifteen who died on 4/20 were already died. Dave Sanders was slowly bleeding to death.

By this time, news of the massacre was beginning to spread.

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 8296

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:41 pm

It would be hard to feel guilty about mourning your own child because they killed 13 innocent people. [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wish there was a way to send love to them or leave flowers for the parents. I’m sure they are a mess today.

There are a few Facebook Sue's but her books webpage says she is not on FB so I don't know....

Last edited by Oldmare on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heyheyhey

Contribution Points : 6078

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:41 pm

It would be hard to feel guilty about mourning your own child because they killed 13 innocent people. [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah I wish there was. Must be extremely hard for them.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Contribution Points : 29005

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Roughly 50 minutes passes on pretty quickly. Even though this was a long one.

So next time it will be 20 years. Twenty. Unreal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heyheyhey

Contribution Points : 6078

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:50 pm

I have to agree. I was watching the clock just imagining what would be happening in this moment across the world. It passed way slower than usual, quite odd.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
23september

Contribution Points : 14360

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:51 pm

I can barely wrap my head around it, watching old videos and reading the documents makes it feel like a week ago sometimes. And then you get off the laptop, go out and realize it's 19 years later and all the cars look modern, people dress very differently and no longer walk around with phones the size of a coke bottle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oldmare

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Yeah I wish there was. Must be extremely hard for them.

I've lost three members of my family including my mom to suicide and the build up before the anniversary is usually worse then
the actual day of the loss for me.
I know I get depressed, loose my appetite, have trouble sleeping etc as the date approaches but once there the shadow seems to lift.

Suicide is hard because people do not talk or mention or even acknowledge a loss due to suicide. So grieving a loss by suicide becomes a very lonely place.

I imagine this is even worse for murder/suicides. My heart goes out to them. 💔

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:59 pm

I can barely wrap my head around it, watching old videos and reading the documents makes it feel like a week ago sometimes. And then you get off the laptop, go out and realize it's 19 years later and all the cars look modern, people dress very differently and no longer walk around with phones the size of a coke bottle.

To true. It's a very odd feeling when you immerse yourself so deeply into Columbine, then when you resurface and realize that so much time has actually passed since that day unfolded. So many things have changed, yet sadly some things are still very much the same. Sad

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

Contribution Points : 56586

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:17 pm

I made a post today (like I do every year on the anniversary) on the main Columbine Facebook page and Sue Klebold actually commented on it. She told me thank you for making the page using facts and keeping the truth out there and for including all the victims on the page (I imagine she was referring to Dylan and Eric). At first I thought it was someone pretending to be her, but it actually is her Facebook page.

ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 pm

I made a post today (like I do every year on the anniversary) on the main Columbine Facebook page and Sue Klebold actually commented on it. She told me thank you for making the page using facts and keeping the truth out there and for including all the victims on the page (I imagine she was referring to Dylan and Eric). At first I thought it was someone pretending to be her, but it actually is her Facebook page.

Regardless of how many people like to try to deny it, Eric and Dylan were victims as well. Maybe not in the same sense as the others, but still victims all the same. Sad

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Regardless of how many people like to try to deny it, Eric and Dylan were victims as well. Maybe not in the same sense as the others, but still victims all the same. Sad
Yea, I agree with that.

Oldmare

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:31 pm

Which page is yours [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? There are a few.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 29268

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Which page is yours [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? There are a few.

Sent from Topic'it App
Is there any way that you can take a screenshot, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? I tried going the the Facebook page linked in the rules thread to check it out but for some reason, the comments won't load for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Please. Can someone pm me the link to the group so I can join?

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Please. Can someone pm me the link to the group so I can join?
You want the link for the group? The comment I'm talking about happened on the main Facebook page, but if it's the group you want to join, this is the link to that -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Sent from Topic'it App
This page - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Sent from Topic'it App
Is there any way that you can take a screenshot, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? I tried going the the Facebook page linked in the rules thread to check it out but for some reason, the comments won't load for me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Sent from Topic'it App

This makes me wonder if Sue has ever found her way here and read the threads we have made discussing Dylan. Question

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Sent from Topic'it App

This makes me wonder if Sue has ever found her way here and read  the threads we have made discussing Dylan. Question

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31794

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Victims of themselves or victims of society?

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 pm

6:17 pm. The last of the survivors are out. Many families are still waiting to hear about their loved ones.

It was another day that started beautiful and turned cold.

It may snow tomorrow.

I’m eating dinner and you realize how the world keeps moving forward.

I got to hang out with someone today that I could share the moment with. That was nice. I left flowers. I wish still I would have extended some sympathy to Eric and Dylan’s families today but thoughts will have to do.

Nineteen years of Columbine
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next