Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Nineteen years of Columbine

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 13669

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:05 pm

7:43: The sun sets, It is now night time. Though the sun can set that day, it will never set in the minds of those who remember this event and by all the families affected by this

(was supposed to send this earlier but forgot)

---STUPID PEOPLE!! Why must so many people be so stupid!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 64743

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 pm

After all these years I had a realization that I never thought of....

Eric and Dylan were the only two who were able to say goodbye to their parents and the people they loved in their tapes. The 13 people they killed were not.

haydenschool

Contribution Points : 13669

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Eric and Dylan were the only two who were able to say goodbye to their parents and the people they loved in their tapes. The 13 people they killed were not.

The 13 did say goodbye, though they never realized that it will be the last time they will see their families Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 pm

The 13 did say goodbye, though they never realized that it will be the last time they will see their families Crying or Very sad

You're right Crying or Very sad

I read their goodbye messages and thought it was so different because they knew they were going to die and the rest just just bye, like I will see you later.

I sometimes wonder if Erics parents were gone before he got up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 44936

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 pm

I can't help by wonder what the victims families are doing right now. 19 years is a very long time, but one doesn't really completely heal from losing a loved one in such a horrific way.  

I also have to wonder how Eric's and Dylan's family is facing this today.  I actually think they have it just a little rougher then the other families. As their kids were the ones to cause such pain and devastation to so many.

It would be hard to feel guilty about mourning your own child because they killed 13 innocent people. Sad

A lot of the families were visiting the memorial, school and cemetery. Steve Curnow’s father was at his monument when I was at the memorial and Matt Kechter’s parents looked to be at the cemetery along with John Tomlin’s. There were probably countless others too who I wasn’t even aware of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 47309

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:32 am

Rachel's friend Mark (her 'big brother') reading a poem to her at her grave today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 66040

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 am

Regardless of how many people like to try to deny it, Eric and Dylan were victims as well. Maybe not in the same sense as the others, but still victims all the same. Sad

Victims of themselves or victims of society?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   In their case I truly believe it was an equal measure of both.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

Contribution Points : 56586

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 am

I think Dylan's biggest enemy was himself and he was definitely a victim of himself. They both were but they were also victims of society as well. I'll always believe that was one of the core reasons Columbine happened. There were so many times someone in society could have stepped in and tried to stop this from happening. Eric told his doctor he was homicidal and suicidal and she did nothing about it. She just put him on a different antidepressant and never even mentioned it to his parents.

Another example is the school paper that Dylan wrote about killing people and his teacher never even showed it to his parents. The Brown's put in complaints with the police about Eric. The complaints were bad enough for a judge to sign a search warrant for Eric's house but the idiots over at the police station never even got the paper work together to go and search Eric's house.

Robyn bought them the guns and never even asked why they wanted them. Another grown man sold a 17 year old a freaking Tec 9. That same friend brought Eric ammunition late on a school night and never even thought to ask why Eric needed these bullets right then and there. I could go on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Columbine is not Dylan and Eric's fault. It is. They are the ones who went through with killing innocent people and that will never be alright but it was so obvious that these two had problems and not a single person questioned them or took them seriously. And every single time there was an opportunity to step in and do something, no one did.

So yes, they were both victims of society that did nothing to help them, stop them, take them seriously or even notice them. And I feel bad about that.

ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:47 am

I can't help by wonder what the victims families are doing right now. 19 years is a very long time, but one doesn't really completely heal from losing a loved one in such a horrific way.  

I also have to wonder how Eric's and Dylan's family is facing this today.  I actually think they have it just a little rougher then the other families. As their kids were the ones to cause such pain and devastation to so many.

It would be hard to feel guilty about mourning your own child because they killed 13 innocent people. Sad

A lot of the families were visiting the memorial, school and cemetery. Steve Curnow’s father was at his monument when I was at the memorial and Matt Kechter’s parents looked to be at the cemetery along with John Tomlin’s. There were probably countless others too who I wasn’t even aware of.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  ScreamingO and myself had many back and forth pm's yesterday. I pretty much got a play by play of her activities. So in a roundabout way yours as well. Smile    

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for being my eyes girl! I love you Very Happy

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:07 am

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Columbine is not Dylan and Eric's fault. It is. They are the ones who went through with killing innocent people and that will never be alright but it was so obvious that these two had problems and not a single person questioned them or took them seriously. And every single time there was an opportunity to step in and do something, no one did.

So yes, they were both victims of society that did nothing to help them, stop them, take them seriously or even notice them. And I feel bad about that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Completely agree.  

I think this is why the Nikolas Cruz case has snagged my attention. Cruz was far worse then Eric and Dylan combined and many times over. He had SO many issues that were well known to everyone. This kid had been in dire need of help for years. I mean he was drowning in a sea of "red flags". Yet some how he got overlooked. He was either picked on or just pushed aside like he was worthless. Pretty much forgotten about until he finally snapped and killed 17 people.

I feel the blame in both these cases can be cast far and wide, and would land on many shoulders.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
boringguy

Contribution Points : 31715

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's really cool. I'm thankful for all that Sue is doing. It must be hard for her. I definitely don't blame the rest of E&D's parents for wanting to  separate themselves from all of it, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31794

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:28 am

I think this is why the Nikolas Cruz case has snagged my attention. Cruz was far worse then Eric and Dylan combined and many times over. He had SO many issues that were well known to everyone. This kid had been in dire need of help for years. I mean he was drowning in a sea of "red flags". Yet some how he got overlooked. He was either picked on or just pushed aside like he was worthless. Pretty much forgotten about until he finally snapped and killed 17 people.

I feel the blame in both these cases can be cast far and wide, and would land on many shoulders.

Most of the time there's always red flags that the shooter leave. William's case isn't talked about as much since he killed a small number of people but he had been throwing up red flags left and right too, almost as many as Cruz, and no-one intervened.

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  ScreamingO and myself had many back and forth pm's yesterday. I pretty much got a play by play of her activities. So in a roundabout way yours as well. Smile    

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for being my eyes girl! I love you Very Happy

You're welcome! I enjoyed meeting DIW too, very kind and just cool in general.

It's snowing this morning, it may not stick but it's super pretty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:46 am

Most of the time there's always red flags that the shooter leave. William's case isn't talked about as much since he killed a small number of people but he had been throwing up red flags left and right too, almost as many as Cruz, and no-one intervened.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I have heard that William was a known troll, and liked joking around. It's possible that no one realized he was serious until after the fact. Hindsight is a bitch. Sad

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I'm glad you didn't have to throat punch him! Haha Roll

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 44936

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I'm glad you didn't have to throat punch him! Haha Roll

I’d heard about that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
23september

Contribution Points : 14360

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:05 am

that's really creepy, didn't it snow the day after 4/20 in '99 as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:34 am

that's really creepy, didn't it snow the day after 4/20 in '99 as well?

Yea, the snow started after Eric and Dylan’s bodies were removed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:20 am

I’d heard about that!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Sorry Embarassed

But that was my sage advice to ScreamingO if anyone got out of hand, or if she felt threatened in anyway. Twisted Evil  Glad you were a nice guy, and didn't get hurt! Because I have also advised her once before that the best follow up to the throat punch is a hard kick to the groin. Haha

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:25 am

I’d heard about that!

But that was my sage advice to ScreamingO if anyone got out of hand, or if she felt threatened in anyway. Twisted Evil  Glad you were a nice guy, and didn't get hurt! Because I have also advised her once before that the best follow up to the throat punch is a hard kick to the groin. Haha

I thought a friendly warning was good LOL. He's super nice. We had an interesting day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:28 am

I’d heard about that!

I thought a friendly warning was good LOL. He's super nice. We had an interesting day.

LOL

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 17465

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 pm

The Hidden Legacy of Columbine: Ignorance About School Violence

Oh the irony of the title.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:09 pm

I think the first of the funerals were on the 24th.

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 15303

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 pm

I know we all look at 4/20 and think minute by minute what was happening at that moment in or around the Columbine community “x” number of years ago....but I also tend to think about the victims families on 4/21.  Danny R’s dad getting the news papers, Cassie Bernall’s parents long night of looking out the window where their daughters body laid and they can’t get to her or do anything about it, or the parents of the many other victims who got confirmation of the news they had been dreading but mostly knew to be true by then.  To me this day is just as hard on the families of the victims as 4/20 was...finding out for certain that their loved ones were not ever going to walk through the door of their houses again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 26019

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:28 pm

I stopped reading after saw it mentioned Cullen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 9155

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:30 pm

I stopped reading after saw it mentioned Cullen.
It really is a shame just how ignorant he remains on Columbine (especially with his perceptions of Eric and Dylan, we all know where that goes with him) and continues to brainwash people and feed them false information and he thinks he's so right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oldmare

Contribution Points : 8296

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Does anyone feel a bit hungover or sad today?
I stayed up binge watching Columbine related videos last night.
Just felt very involved and aware on the anniversary yesterday.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Does anyone feel a bit hungover or sad today?
I stayed up binge watching Columbine related videos last night.
Just felt very involved and aware on the anniversary yesterday.

Sent from Topic'it App

Overwhelmed for sure Sad heavy hearted
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 11792

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:38 pm

The whole thing was unfortunate. I wish they could have just seen past high school. Hell, only two weeks from graduation once they did this. But they were already so fucked up and hellbent on destruction at that point, there was no saving them in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EthanEmerson

Contribution Points : 18879

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:26 pm

I think Eric saw past high school - he wrote his thoughts about how he saw no point in getting a job and going to college and working for the rest of your life so you can retire and then die a few years later... he saw through that.

He was right, that system is pointless, and it's something many teenagers see through.

Perhaps he didn't know there were other options, or if he did, he didn't care. But I think he saw through the system of society pretty far, and that was part of what fueled his hopelessness for the future... there really was nothing in life for him to live for. He wasn't interested in playing that part in society.

I can relate to that, too. I never wanted to follow that path in life and that was always a driving force in my suicidal thoughts/desires. Nobody told me self-employment was a possibility. Took me 35 years to realize I really could do whatever I wanted and not follow the "rules..." they just don't teach you that in high school. So you end up with kids who see through the bullshit but aren't given another option.

Nineteen years of Columbine
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next