Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nineteen years of Columbine

Go down 
+29
evelynssye
katherinex
ChaotixBoy
Draw_It_White
Jenn
Foxofgrey
Tommy QTR
Jea
Oldmare
MysteryMan
Heyheyhey
sscc
haydenschool
VoDKaComeHere
boringguy
23september
Fatheroftwo
Lizpuff
W.A.R.
Kiwik
Lunkhead McGrath
Ainjel
macks_ant86
QuestionMark
04daviszoe
Juicy Jazzy
Screamingophelia
LPorter101
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 64173
Forum Reputation : 0

Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 pm

7:43: The sun sets, It is now night time. Though the sun can set that day, it will never set in the minds of those who remember this event and by all the families affected by this

(was supposed to send this earlier but forgot)
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 pm

After all these years I had a realization that I never thought of....

Eric and Dylan were the only two who were able to say goodbye to their parents and the people they loved in their tapes. The 13 people they killed were not.

Contribution Points : 64173

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Eric and Dylan were the only two who were able to say goodbye to their parents and the people they loved in their tapes. The 13 people they killed were not.

The 13 did say goodbye, though they never realized that it will be the last time they will see their families Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 10:54 pm

haydenschool wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

The 13 did say goodbye, though they never realized that it will be the last time they will see their families Crying or Very sad

You're right Crying or Very sad

I read their goodbye messages and thought it was so different because they knew they were going to die and the rest just just bye, like I will see you later.

I sometimes wonder if Erics parents were gone before he got up.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97793
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 11:42 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I can't help by wonder what the victims families are doing right now. 19 years is a very long time, but one doesn't really completely heal from losing a loved one in such a horrific way.  

I also have to wonder how Eric's and Dylan's family is facing this today.  I actually think they have it just a little rougher then the other families. As their kids were the ones to cause such pain and devastation to so many.

It would be hard to feel guilty about mourning your own child because they killed 13 innocent people. Sad

A lot of the families were visiting the memorial, school and cemetery. Steve Curnow’s father was at his monument when I was at the memorial and Matt Kechter’s parents looked to be at the cemetery along with John Tomlin’s. There were probably countless others too who I wasn’t even aware of.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98344
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 1:32 am

Rachel's friend Mark (her 'big brother') reading a poem to her at her grave today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 6:34 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Regardless of how many people like to try to deny it, Eric and Dylan were victims as well. Maybe not in the same sense as the others, but still victims all the same. Sad

Victims of themselves or victims of society?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   In their case I truly believe it was an equal measure of both.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 6:52 am

I think Dylan's biggest enemy was himself and he was definitely a victim of himself. They both were but they were also victims of society as well. I'll always believe that was one of the core reasons Columbine happened. There were so many times someone in society could have stepped in and tried to stop this from happening. Eric told his doctor he was homicidal and suicidal and she did nothing about it. She just put him on a different antidepressant and never even mentioned it to his parents.

Another example is the school paper that Dylan wrote about killing people and his teacher never even showed it to his parents. The Brown's put in complaints with the police about Eric. The complaints were bad enough for a judge to sign a search warrant for Eric's house but the idiots over at the police station never even got the paper work together to go and search Eric's house.

Robyn bought them the guns and never even asked why they wanted them. Another grown man sold a 17 year old a freaking Tec 9. That same friend brought Eric ammunition late on a school night and never even thought to ask why Eric needed these bullets right then and there. I could go on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Columbine is not Dylan and Eric's fault. It is. They are the ones who went through with killing innocent people and that will never be alright but it was so obvious that these two had problems and not a single person questioned them or took them seriously. And every single time there was an opportunity to step in and do something, no one did.

So yes, they were both victims of society that did nothing to help them, stop them, take them seriously or even notice them. And I feel bad about that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I can't help by wonder what the victims families are doing right now. 19 years is a very long time, but one doesn't really completely heal from losing a loved one in such a horrific way.  

I also have to wonder how Eric's and Dylan's family is facing this today.  I actually think they have it just a little rougher then the other families. As their kids were the ones to cause such pain and devastation to so many.

It would be hard to feel guilty about mourning your own child because they killed 13 innocent people. Sad

A lot of the families were visiting the memorial, school and cemetery. Steve Curnow’s father was at his monument when I was at the memorial and Matt Kechter’s parents looked to be at the cemetery along with John Tomlin’s. There were probably countless others too who I wasn’t even aware of.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  ScreamingO and myself had many back and forth pm's yesterday. I pretty much got a play by play of her activities. So in a roundabout way yours as well. Smile    

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for being my eyes girl! I love you Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 8:07 am

Jenn wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Columbine is not Dylan and Eric's fault. It is. They are the ones who went through with killing innocent people and that will never be alright but it was so obvious that these two had problems and not a single person questioned them or took them seriously. And every single time there was an opportunity to step in and do something, no one did.

So yes, they were both victims of society that did nothing to help them, stop them, take them seriously or even notice them. And I feel bad about that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Completely agree.  

I think this is why the Nikolas Cruz case has snagged my attention. Cruz was far worse then Eric and Dylan combined and many times over. He had SO many issues that were well known to everyone. This kid had been in dire need of help for years. I mean he was drowning in a sea of "red flags". Yet some how he got overlooked. He was either picked on or just pushed aside like he was worthless. Pretty much forgotten about until he finally snapped and killed 17 people.

I feel the blame in both these cases can be cast far and wide, and would land on many shoulders.
Back to top Go down
boringguy

boringguy

Contribution Points : 82485
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 8:18 am

Jenn wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's really cool. I'm thankful for all that Sue is doing. It must be hard for her. I definitely don't blame the rest of E&D's parents for wanting to  separate themselves from all of it, though.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 8:28 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I think this is why the Nikolas Cruz case has snagged my attention. Cruz was far worse then Eric and Dylan combined and many times over. He had SO many issues that were well known to everyone. This kid had been in dire need of help for years. I mean he was drowning in a sea of "red flags". Yet some how he got overlooked. He was either picked on or just pushed aside like he was worthless. Pretty much forgotten about until he finally snapped and killed 17 people.

I feel the blame in both these cases can be cast far and wide, and would land on many shoulders.

Most of the time there's always red flags that the shooter leave. William's case isn't talked about as much since he killed a small number of people but he had been throwing up red flags left and right too, almost as many as Cruz, and no-one intervened.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 8:43 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  ScreamingO and myself had many back and forth pm's yesterday. I pretty much got a play by play of her activities. So in a roundabout way yours as well. Smile    

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for being my eyes girl! I love you Very Happy

You're welcome! I enjoyed meeting DIW too, very kind and just cool in general.

It's snowing this morning, it may not stick but it's super pretty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Most of the time there's always red flags that the shooter leave. William's case isn't talked about as much since he killed a small number of people but he had been throwing up red flags left and right too, almost as many as Cruz, and no-one intervened.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I have heard that William was a known troll, and liked joking around. It's possible that no one realized he was serious until after the fact. Hindsight is a bitch. Sad

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 8:47 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I'm glad you didn't have to throat punch him! Haha Roll
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97793
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 10:03 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I'm glad you didn't have to throat punch him! Haha Roll

I’d heard about that!
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66090
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 10:05 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

that's really creepy, didn't it snow the day after 4/20 in '99 as well?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 10:34 am

23september wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

that's really creepy, didn't it snow the day after 4/20 in '99 as well?

Yea, the snow started after Eric and Dylan’s bodies were removed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I’d heard about that!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Sorry Embarassed

But that was my sage advice to ScreamingO if anyone got out of hand, or if she felt threatened in anyway. Twisted Evil  Glad you were a nice guy, and didn't get hurt! Because I have also advised her once before that the best follow up to the throat punch is a hard kick to the groin. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 12:25 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I’d heard about that!

But that was my sage advice to ScreamingO if anyone got out of hand, or if she felt threatened in anyway. Twisted Evil  Glad you were a nice guy, and didn't get hurt! Because I have also advised her once before that the best follow up to the throat punch is a hard kick to the groin. Haha

I thought a friendly warning was good LOL. He's super nice. We had an interesting day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I’d heard about that!

I thought a friendly warning was good LOL. He's super nice. We had an interesting day.

LOL
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 1:40 pm

The Hidden Legacy of Columbine: Ignorance About School Violence

Oh the irony of the title.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 3:09 pm

I think the first of the funerals were on the 24th.

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 65658

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 6:17 pm

I know we all look at 4/20 and think minute by minute what was happening at that moment in or around the Columbine community “x” number of years ago....but I also tend to think about the victims families on 4/21.  Danny R’s dad getting the news papers, Cassie Bernall’s parents long night of looking out the window where their daughters body laid and they can’t get to her or do anything about it, or the parents of the many other victims who got confirmation of the news they had been dreading but mostly knew to be true by then.  To me this day is just as hard on the families of the victims as 4/20 was...finding out for certain that their loved ones were not ever going to walk through the door of their houses again.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 6:28 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

I stopped reading after saw it mentioned Cullen.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

I stopped reading after saw it mentioned Cullen.
It really is a shame just how ignorant he remains on Columbine (especially with his perceptions of Eric and Dylan, we all know where that goes with him) and continues to brainwash people and feed them false information and he thinks he's so right.
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 59174

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Does anyone feel a bit hungover or sad today?
I stayed up binge watching Columbine related videos last night.
Just felt very involved and aware on the anniversary yesterday.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Oldmare wrote:
Does anyone feel a bit hungover or sad today?
I stayed up binge watching Columbine related videos last night.
Just felt very involved and aware on the anniversary yesterday.

Sent from Topic'it App

Overwhelmed for sure Sad heavy hearted
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 65642

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 10:38 pm

The whole thing was unfortunate. I wish they could have just seen past high school. Hell, only two weeks from graduation once they did this. But they were already so fucked up and hellbent on destruction at that point, there was no saving them in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 81859
Forum Reputation : 475

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 am

I think Eric saw past high school - he wrote his thoughts about how he saw no point in getting a job and going to college and working for the rest of your life so you can retire and then die a few years later... he saw through that.

He was right, that system is pointless, and it's something many teenagers see through.

Perhaps he didn't know there were other options, or if he did, he didn't care. But I think he saw through the system of society pretty far, and that was part of what fueled his hopelessness for the future... there really was nothing in life for him to live for. He wasn't interested in playing that part in society.

I can relate to that, too. I never wanted to follow that path in life and that was always a driving force in my suicidal thoughts/desires. Nobody told me self-employment was a possibility. Took me 35 years to realize I really could do whatever I wanted and not follow the "rules..." they just don't teach you that in high school. So you end up with kids who see through the bullshit but aren't given another option.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 12:46 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
I think Eric saw past high school - he wrote his thoughts about how he saw no point in getting a job and going to college and working for the rest of your life so you can retire and then die a few years later... he saw through that.

He was right, that system is pointless, and it's something many teenagers see through.

Perhaps he didn't know there were other options, or if he did, he didn't care. But I think he saw through the system of society pretty far, and that was part of what fueled his hopelessness for the future... there really was nothing in life for him to live for. He wasn't interested in playing that part in society. 

I agree completely; I've come to this conclusion for quite a while now.

ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 12:53 am

QuestionMark wrote:
EthanEmerson wrote:

I agree completely; I've come to this conclusion for quite a while now.

Eric was a huge pessimist obviously and yeah, of course, everyone knows that. You go to school, work, retire, and then die. But it's what happens in between all that, that is great. Life is full of great things. But doing what he did wasn't a solution. It just made people who wanted to live life and enjoy it, not be able to do that just because some kid saw life as pointless.
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:01 am

EthanEmerson wrote:

I can relate to that, too. I never wanted to follow that path in life and that was always a driving force in my suicidal thoughts/desires. Nobody told me self-employment was a possibility. Took me 35 years to realize I really could do whatever I wanted and not follow the "rules..." they just don't teach you that in high school. So you end up with kids who see through the bullshit but aren't given another option.

Besides, Eric was charming and a smart kid. I'm sure he could have found a purpose and a point in life. He had a strong love for the military. He got rejected by the Marines 5 days before the massacre, which probably even fueled his thoughts on how life is pointless. But he still had a strong love for technology and video games and could have possibly pursued a career in one of those fields and been happy.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:22 am

I'm not convinced Eric's unofficial implied rejection from the Marines made a difference. Nobody even told him he was rejected. The officer left a message for him to call back, and that's all. He told people at school he had been rejected, and I don't think he cared at all. That was just another act.

Here's why.

On April 12th, 8 days before the shooting, Eric recorded on one of the "Basement Tapes" the following:

"For the past few weeks, my parents have hounded me about the things I've neglected: my application to the Marines; my car insurance; my checking account. But they don't know that none of that matters to me."

At the time he recorded that his Marines application didn't matter to him, the recruiter had not yet visited Eric's home. His medication (Luvox) had not come into question . Eric did not care about joining the Marines long before there was even a possibility he may not be eligible. He was playing everyone like a piano.

So, when Staff Sergeant Gonzales visited his home three days later on the 15th, Eric was just going through the motions. He didn't really care.

It's easy to think that his implied rejection added to his rage, but the evidence doesn't support that.

He didn't have a strong love for the military, either - he had a strong love for improvised explosives and weapons and killing. I don't think he would have lasted a week in the actual military. His contempt for authority would have gotten him kicked out.

It's hard to understand Eric when you look at him and analyze his actions through the lens of your own logic, worldview, and reasoning... you have to get out of your world and into his world to understand. He was manipulating everyone to maintain appearances. He had to, if he wanted to go undetected.

He really didn't care about the Marines at all, and his taped statement prior to the home visit proves it.
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:29 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
I'm not convinced Eric's unofficial implied rejection from the Marines made a difference. Nobody even told him he was rejected. The officer left a message for him to call back, and that's all. He told people at school he had been rejected, and I don't think he cared at all. That was just another act.

Here's why.

On April 12th, 8 days before the shooting, Eric recorded on one of the "Basement Tapes" the following:

"For the past few weeks, my parents have hounded me about the things I've neglected: my application to the Marines; my car insurance; my checking account. But they don't know that none of that matters to me."

At the time he recorded that his Marines application didn't matter to him, the recruiter had not yet visited Eric's home. His medication (Luvox) had not come into question . Eric did not care about joining the Marines long before there was even a possibility he may not be eligible. He was playing everyone like a piano.

So, when Staff Sergeant Gonzales visited his home three days later on the 15th, Eric was just going through the motions. He didn't really care.

It's easy to think that his implied rejection added to his rage, but the evidence doesn't support that.

He didn't have a strong love for the military, either - he had a strong love for improvised explosives and weapons and killing. I don't think he would have lasted a week in the actual military. His contempt for authority would have gotten him kicked out.

It's hard to understand Eric when you look at him and analyze his actions through the lens of your own logic, worldview, and reasoning... you have to get out of your world and into his world to understand. He was manipulating everyone to maintain appearances. He had to, if he wanted to go undetected.

He really didn't care about the Marines at all, and his taped statement prior to the home visit proves it.

Huh, did not know that. Thanks for the info.
Also adds to my point of him being charming, very manipulative. And yeah, he had to be. If he showed how he really was on the inside, he would have been stopped long before he even got the chance to even start planning it.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:30 am

Not only was Eric never actually rejected (he never even turned in a completed application so he could not have been rejected) but... here's the kicker.

Psychotropic medication is not an automatic disqualification for service. The military prescribes much of those same medications to soldiers. Prior to the Iraq war in 1993, soldiers could not go into combat on psychiatric drugs. However, after 1993 that changed and many psychiatrists won't even approve deployment UNLESS their patients/soldiers are taking psychiatric drugs. That's scary, right?

Also, today, one out of every six soldiers takes prescription drugs including anti-depressants like Zoloft, anti-psychotics, narcotics, sedatives, anti-anxiety drugs, and amphetamines. And like I said, that has been in effect since 1993.6 years prior to Eric's unofficial 'application.'

So, not only was Eric never told he was disqualified, but the fact that he was taking medication was not an automatic disqualifier in the first place.

Most people don't know this though...
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:31 am

Yep! Totally charming and manipulative!

Hell bent on destruction and willing to do anything to keep it under wraps...
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:32 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
Yep! Totally charming and manipulative!

Hell bent on destruction and willing to do anything to keep it under wraps...

You seem like a cool guy lol, but it sounds like you kind of, commend what Eric and Dylan did. I really hope not.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:34 am

The one thing that confuses me most is that he wrote about how his medication was helping him feel calm, and so he stopped taking it so he could build on the rage. I wonder if he really did stop taking it or if he just took it intermittently, because there was a small amount in his system when they did the autopsy...

It's one thing to stop medication, and another to take it inconsistently... I always wonder if he took it in front of his parents just so they wouldn't catch on... or if he purposely took it sporadically to push himself further over the edge...
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just stating the truth of what I see!
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:35 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just stating the truth of what I see!

Yeah, so am I. I'm saying Eric was charming and manipulative, which he was. But not saying that in a way as a compliment, since he was charming for all the wrong reasons. lol
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 am

Yup. Exactly. He just knew how to get his way with people. He had everyone fooled. It's a great skill to have when you're trying to plan a surprise birthday party... not so great when you're planning destruction...
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:41 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
Yup. Exactly. He just knew how to get his way with people. He had everyone fooled. It's a great skill to have when you're trying to plan a surprise birthday party... not so great when you're planning destruction...

Tbh, if I knew Dylan, I would have been his friend. He had plenty friends and was a very cool and genuine kid. But Eric had few friends for a reason, I believe he just wasn't a fun person to be around, kind of a dick. So idk if I'd have gotten a long with Eric.

Crazy to think if they never did this, they'd be nearly 40 years old today and just be people no one knew about. But everyone knows who Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold are. Very infamous.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:46 am

It does seem that way, yeah... like it would be harder to get along with Eric. For sure. I don't think I would have gotten along with him at all in high school. I wasn't easy to get along with, either. lol
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:51 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
It does seem that way, yeah... like it would be harder to get along with Eric. For sure. I don't think I would have gotten along with him at all in high school. I wasn't easy to get along with, either. lol

It still boggles me what did Dylan see in Eric? Why did he like Eric so much? I think it was because they fed off each other’s anger and despair and both had the dream of NBK.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 am

I think Dylan was pretty loyal to people. Eric didn’t have anyone to connect with and Dylan was this shy and super smart kid who never wanted to let anyone down. As Dylan kept feeling abandoned by his friends, Eric was there.

I’ve read that Eric later in HS would tell Dylan that no one else really liked him. Dylan was probably able to be really angry around Eric and Eric may have been able to be vulnerable around Dylan.

They didn’t seem to have a ton of common interests later in their friendship. They were pretty different.

Just my 2 cents...

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 12:11 am

Tomorrow will be a cold and snowy day.

Rachel and Dylan’s funerals were 19 years ago tomorrow. Both covered by the news. Both drastically different. Rachel had thousands. Dylan had about 12. Some reports say Zach attended, that was never confirmed. His, Nate’s and Brooks”s patents did.

First of 14 funerals. The only one we don’t have info on is Eric’s

Which is sadly prophetic given how unloved and alone Eric felt.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 12:18 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Rachel and Dylan’s funerals were 19 years ago tomorrow. Both covered by the news. Both drastically different. Rachel had thousands. Dylan had about 12. Some reports say Zach attended, that was never confirmed. His, Nate’s and Brooks”s patents  did.

And how much more he's demonized compared to his partner in crime.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 1:13 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Rachel and Dylan’s funerals were 19 years ago tomorrow. Both covered by the news. Both drastically different. Rachel had thousands. Dylan had about 12. Some reports say Zach attended, that was never confirmed. His, Nate’s and Brooks”s patents  did.

Yes, I mentioned in another thread I never quite noticed that Sue calls the massacre "Eric's plan" a couple of times, that makes me feel foolish but while she says she understands Dylan's cruelty and behavior she does seem to place most of the blame on Eric.

People who think Eric was a charming psychopath have never watched the full Eric in Columbine video, at the very least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 7:25 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

To true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Nineteen years of Columbine - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nineteen years of Columbine
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next