Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Nineteen years of Columbine

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
evelynssye



Posts : 33
Contribution Points : 7378
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Tomorrow will be a cold and snowy day.

Rachel and Dylan’s funerals were 19 years ago tomorrow. Both covered by the news. Both drastically different. Rachel had thousands. Dylan had about 12. Some reports say Zach attended, that was never confirmed. His, Nate’s and Brooks”s patents  did.

First of 14 funerals. The only one we don’t have info on is Eric’s

Which is sadly prophetic given how unloved and alone Eric felt.

And how much more he's demonized compared to his partner in crime.

Yes, I mentioned in another thread I never quite noticed that Sue calls the massacre "Eric's plan" a couple of times, that makes me feel foolish but while she says she understands Dylan's cruelty and behavior she does seem to place most of the blame on Eric.

People who think Eric was a charming psychopath have never watched the full Eric in Columbine video, at the very least.

Yes. Watching Eric for a while on a normal day, he is not cracking jokes left and right and handing out compliments. He's the total opposite. He's observant and serves the occasional somewhat witty comment. I hate how every one labels him right off the bat as a psychopath cause that's all they've heard/read.

_________________
Some one who becomes angry easily, over silly things, subconsciously desires to be loved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2719
Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder what they would think of Cruz considering he committed such a horrible act and then left as though nothing had happened. And still as far as I am aware there's been no hint at what motivated him

Well if you take a closer look into his life you see that he was mentally unstable for a long time, and had to deal with the death of his mother, the loss of his girlfriend, and his expulsion all in a short amount of time, so really the motive is pretty plain to see.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder what they would think of Cruz considering he committed such a horrible act and then left as though nothing had happened. And still as far as I am aware there's been no hint at what motivated him

Well if you take a closer look into his life you see that he was mentally unstable for a long time, and had to deal with the death of his mother, the loss of his girlfriend, and his expulsion all in a short amount of time, so really the motive is pretty plain to see.



Agreed. Cruz had been struggling for a number of years. He was basically a ticking time bomb just looking for a place to explode.

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Tomorrow will be a cold and snowy day.

Rachel and Dylan’s funerals were 19 years ago tomorrow. Both covered by the news. Both drastically different. Rachel had thousands. Dylan had about 12. Some reports say Zach attended, that was never confirmed. His, Nate’s and Brooks”s patents  did.

First of 14 funerals. The only one we don’t have info on is Eric’s

Which is sadly prophetic given how unloved and alone Eric felt.

And how much more he's demonized compared to his partner in crime.

Yes, I mentioned in another thread I never quite noticed that Sue calls the massacre "Eric's plan" a couple of times, that makes me feel foolish but while she says she understands Dylan's cruelty and behavior she does seem to place most of the blame on Eric.

People who think Eric was a charming psychopath have never watched the full Eric in Columbine video, at the very least.

Yes. Watching Eric for a while on a normal day, he is not cracking jokes left and right and handing out compliments. He's the total opposite. He's observant and serves the occasional somewhat witty comment. I hate how every one labels him right off the bat as a psychopath cause that's all they've heard/read.

Exactly, they look at one aspect and think they have him pegged. They see hate when he clearly states that he hates himself the most. I think it surprises people that Dylan wanted to be friends with Eric but seeing how awkward he is, it makes sense. They were really opposite sides of the same coin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
asloversgo



Posts : 90
Contribution Points : 25413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] oh wow it was an interview supposedly given in 2012. See, memory sucks haha

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’m the one that interviewed him for that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

avatar

Posts : 1283
Contribution Points : 42692
Forum Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You know, as I get older, I come to realize just how little I knew about anything - myself or the world around me - when I was 17. The basic elements of who I am now were already there, but they were like the steel frame of a concrete building. So much had yet to be filled in. My mind, my body, and even my soul were still very much under construction.

Being roughly the same age as you are, I feel quite the opposite. Of course I learned new things and got new experiences (especially in terms of the economy, jobs etc) since I was 16. But I remain amazed how much "me" was already there when I was 16. My general outlook on life change little since and almost didn't change any since I was 20.

Maybe I'm just immature.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hopefully, we reach a stable equilibrium somewhere along the way
On one hand, I can't say "a stable equilibrium" is what describes my life best. But its still surprising how little really changes despite sudden and great changes in jobs, income etc.


_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

avatar

Posts : 1283
Contribution Points : 42692
Forum Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
NBK was actually originally planned for Monday, April 19 as late as April 11, 1999.


Basement tapes transcripts from a tape recorded April 11, 1999. Eric talking:

He says this is total “KMFDM” and that “there are 7 and 1/3 days left.” He gets an odd look on his face, then says, “Fucking bitches.” He then lists five names and says that he’s going to be “one tired motherfucker come Monday, then BOOM! I’ll get shot and die.”


I wonder what made them change from the 19th to the 20th.

There is a lot of speculation on this. The most widely believed is that they had to push the date back because Mark Manes kept forgetting to get the last of the ammo they needed.

He finally came through on the 4/19. So NBK was the following day on the 20th.

That and the fact that E&D were working on explosives right up till the attack. I'm not sure if they were all finished with that on Sunday 18th. But ammo was probably the decisive factor.

I've been thinking why they chose 4/20 (which I'm sure they knew is both "smoke pot day" and "skip school day") as that day there would be less people in school than on the 21st.

The only real thing that came to my mind is that April 21st was both "Yom Ha'atzmaut" (was Dylan's Mother planning to celebrate it in some way that would hinder Dylan) and "Administrative Professionals Day" (did Teachers in the USA 1990s celebrate it in any way that could hinder their plans?).

Or were just Eric and Dylan uneasy with sitting on the ready made bombs and ammo supplies? Maybe they just thought taht each passing day increases the chances they get caught?

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sane One



Posts : 162
Contribution Points : 35573
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 pm

They had to of picked out that date on purpose. With their bad sense of humor, it just had to have been a date they chose on purpose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1653
Contribution Points : 31892
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 16
Location : My own personal Hell

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They had to of picked out that date on purpose. With their bad sense of humor, it just had to have been a date they chose on purpose.
It was supposed to be on the 19th but the ammunition for Eric's guns arrived a day late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:48 pm

@Sane One wrote:
They had to of picked out that date on purpose. With their bad sense of humor, it just had to have been a date they chose on purpose.

well from what i understand they wanted to do it on 4/19 because that's the anniversary of the oklahoma city bombing but 4/20 worked too because it was hitler's 110th birthday.
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

avatar

Posts : 90
Contribution Points : 16808
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 pm

I have been reading about Brenda Spencer and I wondered if it ever entered their minds that they might have some comparison to her if they committed the crime on 4/19.  I know they wanted to stand out from other school shootings but I would bet they took notice of some of what they would consider “mistakes” of past mass shooters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2719
Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have been reading about Brenda Spencer and I wondered if it ever entered their minds that they might have some comparison to her if they committed the crime on 4/19.  I know they wanted to stand out from other school shootings but I would bet they took notice of some of what they would consider “mistakes” of past mass shooters.

I don't think they knew of that many other school shooters.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

avatar

Posts : 1283
Contribution Points : 42692
Forum Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have been reading about Brenda Spencer and I wondered if it ever entered their minds that they might have some comparison to her if they committed the crime on 4/19.  I know they wanted to stand out from other school shootings but I would bet they took notice of some of what they would consider “mistakes” of past mass shooters.

I don't think they knew of that many other school shooters.

1999 when the internet was small, when wikipedia and google didn't provide comfy lists of schooters or lists of other stuff.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EthanEmerson

avatar

Posts : 116
Contribution Points : 20429
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-11-30
Location : Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - did you interview Castaldo in person, or was it online?

_________________
Could you engage your destiny even if it means launching a war? Arjuna did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Nineteen years of Columbine   Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:52 am

According to a mothers reckoning 19 years ago this morning her and Tom saw the basement tapes for the first time.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
Nineteen years of Columbine
Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Similar topics
-
» About the Dragon Years and aging milestones
» (*゚▽゚)_□Celebrating 20 Years of Arthur(*゚▽゚)_□
» Camber Herd {Pick & Play} (Please! Join)
» Three years later (Open)
» Seth's Minions (All of Them)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: