Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Locker and Car Search

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Locker and Car Search   Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm

So I came across an article today and of course.. I lost it.. so I would love to get more information on what happened in 1999 when someone said that Dylan had marijuana in his locker and it was searched along with his car.

I guess there was also either an assistant principal or counselor who was interviewed and said that Dylan was very bright and well spoken, they were the one who searched these things when Dylan was pulled out of class. Was it Peter Hovarth?

I've never really read the full context of what happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lavitax



Posts : 37
Contribution Points : 13522
Join date : 2017-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Locker and Car Search   Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:49 am

Columbine - A True Crime Story by Jeff Kass:

"One month before Columbine, a teacher suspected Dylan had been
smoking pot and Horvath had to call him in. But Dylan hadn’t been
smoking, Horvath concluded: He didn’t have any on marijuana him, he
didn’t smell like marijuana, and he was acting normal. “No way was he
under the influence of marijuana,” says Horvath, who notes that some
teachers are more “paranoid” about these sorts of things than others."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan
Miscellaneous Moderator


Posts : 3599
Contribution Points : 57158
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Locker and Car Search   Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:16 am

How strange that Colorado became a state that endorsed legal purchase of marijuana shortly after this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Locker and Car Search   Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So I came across an article today and of course.. I lost it.. so I would love to get more information on what happened in 1999 when someone said that Dylan had marijuana in his locker and it was searched along with his car.

I guess there was also either an assistant principal or counselor who was interviewed and said that Dylan was very bright and well spoken, they were the one who searched these things when Dylan was pulled out of class. Was it Peter Hovarth?

I've never really read the full context of what happened.


Someone correct me if I am wrong! But to my understanding this was just another way that Dylan and possibly Eric were being bullied. I think both were being harassed with false accusations like this at one point.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Locker and Car Search   Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So I came across an article today and of course.. I lost it.. so I would love to get more information on what happened in 1999 when someone said that Dylan had marijuana in his locker and it was searched along with his car.

I guess there was also either an assistant principal or counselor who was interviewed and said that Dylan was very bright and well spoken, they were the one who searched these things when Dylan was pulled out of class. Was it Peter Hovarth?

I've never really read the full context of what happened.


Someone correct me if I am wrong! But to my understanding this was just another way that Dylan and possibly Eric were being bullied. I think both were being harassed with false accusations like this at one point.

It was. I think Brooks in NEA said that is how people would bully other kids in school and use the administration to do it.

I believe that is where the "watch out for the cream soda" line comes from in from the yearbook. Yumeko talks about it in her video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Locker and Car Search   Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Columbine - A True Crime Story by Jeff Kass:

"One month before Columbine, a teacher suspected Dylan had been
smoking pot and Horvath had to call him in. But Dylan hadn’t been
smoking, Horvath concluded: He didn’t have any on marijuana him, he
didn’t smell like marijuana, and he was acting normal. “No way was he
under the influence of marijuana,” says Horvath, who notes that some
teachers are more “paranoid” about these sorts of things than others."

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2433
Contribution Points : 28987
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Locker and Car Search   Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
How strange that Colorado became a state that endorsed legal purchase of marijuana shortly after this.

Of course it wouldn't have really mattered in this case since Dylan was still a minor.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatheroftwo



Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 32263
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

PostSubject: Re: Locker and Car Search   Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
How strange that Colorado became a state that endorsed legal purchase of marijuana shortly after this.

Of course it wouldn't have really mattered in this case since Dylan was still a minor.

Also to consider, he could be 21 and possession in a restricted area/facility comes into play. Legal to purchase, consume and posses still fall in unique categories in CO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Locker and Car Search
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Winterblossom (mare) and Fireheart (stallion) search for the other halves of their hearts
» Kin [Locker]
» In search of whispers
» Uchiha Kiyoshi [Locker]
» A mare thats in heat...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: