Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Austin package explosions leave teen dead

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 7094

PostSubject: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A teenager was killed and at least two women were seriously hurt after a pair of explosions rocked homes in Austin on Monday -- just two weeks after a separate blast which authorities said is linked to at least one of Monday's incidents.

scary Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 pm

ted kazynski 2.0
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:43 pm

indeed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 15534

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:26 pm

eldigato wrote:
ted kazynski 2.0

My first thought when i saw it on the news Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 28847

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
eldigato wrote:
ted kazynski 2.0

They haven't caught the perp yet right?

View user profile
Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:19 pm

eldigato wrote:
ted kazynski 2.0

not yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:04 pm

not yet

In that case an Unabomber Jr situation is not out of the picture.

View user profile
Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:14 pm

wow another bombing just happened *Twitter link removed by staff*
Multiple assets on a reported second explosion 4800 block Dawn Song Dr (2032) reports of 2 patients. Investigation if this is the same incident as already reported or a separate incident underway. More information to be provided when available.

This country is becoming complete anarchy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 58164

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:44 pm

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Fear mounted across Texas' capital on Monday after the fourth bombing this month — a blast triggered this time by a nearly invisible tripwire, demonstrating what police called a "higher level of sophistication" than the package bombs used in the previous attacks.

Two men were wounded in the explosion Sunday night as they walked near a residential street. The three earlier bombings since March 2 involved parcels that were left on doorsteps and blew up when moved or opened, killing two people and wounding two others.

"We are clearly dealing with what we believe to be a serial bomber at this point, Police Chief Brian Manley said, citing similarities among the four bombs. He would not elaborate.

The latest blast occurred in a different part of Austin, and both of the wounded are white, while the victims in the earlier attacks were black or Hispanic.

The police chief said investigators have yet to establish a motive.

"Is this terrorism? Is this hate-related?" Manley asked. He said investigators will "have to determine if we see a specific ideology behind this."

Manley said the tripwire design required a higher level of skill to construct and represents a "significant change": While the earlier bombings appeared targeted, the latest one would have hurt anyone who happened to walking by.

"The game went up a little bit — well, it went up a lot yesterday with the tripwire," Christopher Combs, FBI agent in charge of the bureau's San Antonio division, said in an interview.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:47 am

A package bomb exploded at a FedEx distribution center near San Antonio early Tuesday morning, authorities said.

Local police said an employee suffered a non-life-threatening "percussion-type" injury from the blast shortly after midnight at a FedEx Ground freight facility in Schertz, northeast of San Antonio, and was released at the scene. A Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives representative said there were no injuries.

The package exploded in the facility's sorting area, Schertz police said
The medium-sized package was addressed to Austin, San Antonio NBC affiliate WOAI reported. It contained nails and metal shrapnel, according to the station

The ATF and FBI are also investigating.
The explosion follows a series of four package bombings in the Austin area that have left two people dead and four injured.

Federal agents told The Associated Press the explosion in Schertz is likely linked to the Austin-area serial attacks.

Police originally pointed to possible hate crimes, but the victims have now been black, Hispanic and white and from different parts of the increasingly diverse city. Domestic terrorism is among the variety of possible motives investigators are looking at.

Local and state police and hundreds of federal agents are investigating, and the reward for information leading to an arrest has climbed to $115,000.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:31 am

damn this guy is a mastermind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 am

damn this guy is a mastermind

He will slip up eventually and get caught, hopefully very soon. Sad

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheyAllFloatDownHere

Contribution Points : 12594

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:14 am

After hearing of the second explosion i just knew this was bound to be the start of a serial bomber's campaign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

After hearing of the second explosion i just knew this was bound to be the start of a serial bomber's campaign.

I had the same type feeling. Sad

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Police discovered another package at the same location that they believe is also loaded with an explosive device, San Antonio Police Chief Bill McManus told reporters.

"There was one other package that we believe was also loaded with an explosive device that they are looking at right now," McManus told reporters in Schertz, which is about 20 miles (30 km) northeast of San Antonio.

The individual or people behind the bombings are likely to be highly skilled and methodical, said Fred Burton, chief security officer for Stratfor, a private intelligence and security consulting firm based in Austin.

Apparently they found a second bomb at the same place. Shocked

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK

Contribution Points : 18029

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Wow, for a serial killer this guy is attacking at an abnormally high rate. The average cooldown time is about a month, and this guy has attacked five times this month alone. By some definitions that makes him a spree killer........

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Wow, for a serial killer this guy is attacking at an abnormally high rate. The average cooldown time is about a month, and this guy has attacked five times this month alone. By some definitions that makes him a spree killer........

Very scary indeed. Sad

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Wow, for a serial killer this guy is attacking at an abnormally high rate. 

Especially considering what his method of attack is. I have a feeling that this guy made a huge arsenal of bombs in advance and he's sending them out as often as possible.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 pm

The 5th one was found, so hopefully they can get some clue as to who is making them.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:30 pm

@ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The 5th one was found, so hopefully they can get some clue as to who is making them.

maybe, maybe not. the killer probably wore gloves while making them or doesnt have a criminal record so has no fingerprint records. also the inside of the packages probably just has the bomb and nothing else, i doubt they could open it w/o detonating it remotely.
Back to top Go down
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:41 pm

eldigato wrote:

maybe, maybe not. the killer probably wore gloves while making them or doesnt  have a criminal record so has no fingerprint records. also the inside of the packages probably just has the bomb and nothing else, i doubt they could open it w/o detonating it remotely.

I just hope they can find something to go on.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
04daviszoe

Contribution Points : 28129

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:41 am

Austin bomber shot dead as police try to arrest him.

Last edited by 04daviszoe on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dead link; now fixed.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:24 am

A man suspected of a series of deadly bombings around Austin, Texas, blew himself up early on Wednesday on the side of a highway as police closed in on him, police officials said.

Police had tracked the suspect to a hotel near Austin, the state's capital city, and were following him when he pulled to the side of the road and detonated a device, killing himself, Austin Police Chief Brian Manley told reporters near the scene.

I wonder when they will release his identity?  

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:26 am

The bomber, described as a 24-year-old white male, killed himself and injured an officer when he detonated a bomb inside his car as police approached.

While officers say they are not looking for any more suspects they have warned residents to be on the lookout for more suspect packages, saying they do not known where the bomber has been for the last 24 hours.

The reports are now saying he detonated a bomb killing himself. They must have updated it after you posted. scratch

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
04daviszoe

Contribution Points : 28129

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:35 am

The bomber, described as a 24-year-old white male, killed himself and injured an officer when he detonated a bomb inside his car as police approached.

While officers say they are not looking for any more suspects they have warned residents to be on the lookout for more suspect packages, saying they do not known where the bomber has been for the last 24 hours.

The reports are now saying he detonated a bomb killing himself. They must have updated it after you posted. scratch

Yeah, right. THANKSSSS DAILY MAIL.

Thanks for the update though Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:39 am

Yeah, right. THANKSSSS DAILY MAIL.

Thanks for the update though Smile

My skeptical nature was like how did he shoot himself THEN blow himself up? Suspect Haha

Classic case of a reporter likely rushing to get something to the public without checking the facts. Rolling Eyes

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 16510

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:57 am

Bomber has been identified as Mark Anthony Conditt, 23-24, of Pflugerville, TX.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:06 am

Bomber has been identified as Mark Anthony Conditt, 23-24, of Pflugerville, TX.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Has a motive been established yet? I know the media reports are suggesting they were race related attacks. scratch

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheyAllFloatDownHere

Contribution Points : 12594

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:18 am

Its end of the road for him, He was taken out by the tools of his own trade. Did he purposely blow himself up as he was about to get caught by the officer or did he accidentally blow himself up with an unstable device?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:25 am

Its end of the road for him, He was taken out by the tools of his own trade. Did he purposely blow himself up as he was about to get caught by the officer or did he accidentally blow himself up with an unstable device?.

"The bomber, described as a 24-year-old white male, killed himself and injured an officer when he detonated a bomb inside his car as police approached."

Not really sure. But either one is possible. He may have committed suicide, OR the bomb was unstable like the one that detonated in the FedEx place and blew before he could surrender. scratch

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Austin package explosions leave teen dead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next