Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Austin package explosions leave teen dead

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheyAllFloatDownHere

Contribution Points : 9852

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its end of the road for him, He was taken out by the tools of his own trade. Did he purposely blow himself up as he was about to get caught by the officer or did he accidentally blow himself up with an unstable device?.

"The bomber, described as a 24-year-old white male, killed himself and injured an officer when he detonated a bomb inside his car as police approached."

Not really sure. But either one is possible. He may have committed suicide, OR the bomb was unstable like the one that detonated in the FedEx place and blew before he could surrender. scratch

Apparently the reason he was caught was because he was caught on CCTV at a Fedex center, where he delivered some of the Explosive devices. after tracking him to a hotel room in Round Rock they followed him onto the I-35 where they pulled him over and the suspect killed himself and injured an SWAT officer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 39141

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:00 pm

"Exotic" batteries ordered online helped lead authorities to the Austin, Texas, bombing suspect before he died early Wednesday as police closed in, multiple senior law enforcement officials told NBC News.

Austin police and federal agents had been working around the clock with 350 agents to track down the 24-year-old bombing suspect.

Police did not name the bomber, but two law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation identified him to NBC News as Mark Anthony Conditt.

The unusual batteries used in the explosives were the signature trait that allowed investigators to so quickly link the various explosions to the same man, sources said. One senior law enforcement official said the batteries came from Asia.

"These weren't your store-bought Duracells," one official said.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziamber II
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 10230

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Now we have christian terrorist bombers as well as nutters with guns, the USA is going to become more dangerous than parts of Syria and Iraq.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Investigators scouring for leads into the life of the suspected Austin, Texas, serial bomber — who brought the sweeping manhunt to an end early Wednesday after he blew himself up — may find some clues in a 2012 blog.

In a series of posts, author Mark Conditt wrote that he was "not that politically inclined."

"I view myself as a conservative, but I don't think I have enough information to defend my stance as well as it should be defended," it continued.

"The reasons I am taking this class is because I want to understand the US government, and I hope that it will help me clarify my stance, and then defend it."

The blog, titled "Defending My Stance," belonged to a Mark Conditt from Pflugerville, Texas — the name and hometown of the 23-year-old man that law enforcement sources say was behind the deadly package bombings in Austin this month.

Although they were written six years before Conditt detonated a final explosive in his car during a confrontation with police, the op-ed style entries provide a glimpse into the suspect's views.

"Living criminals harm and murder, again — executed ones do not," he wrote in a piece in support of the death penalty.

In a commentary on a deal the government made to release an Al Qaeda terrorist, Conditt was dead-set against it. "I think it is just plain dumb to release a terrorist, much less a senior one — no matter what he can provide," he wrote.

On the issue of gay marriage, he wrote, "homosexuality is just not natural." Commenting on free abortions, he wrote: "If a woman does not want a baby, or is incapable of taking care of one, she should not participate in activities that were made for that reason."

But in another post, he suggested eliminating sex offender registries, saying they punished people who had already served their time or were convicted of minor offenses.

"You have to really hate the guy to make him suffer for the rest of his life," he wrote.

Conditt took community college classes while he was being homeschooled, along with his three younger siblings, according to a post on his mother's Facebook page.

When he "officially graduated" high school, his mother wrote: "He's thinking of taking some time to figure out what he wants to do....maybe a mission trip

Well he decided on a "Mission" of sorts.  Evil or Very Mad

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 13726

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Here are actual blog posts if anyone is interested:

Man those arguments against gay marriage and abortion are just bad Haha

View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Here are actual blog posts if anyone is interested:

Man those arguments against gay marriage and abortion are just bad Haha

Agreed. They seemed very bland, as many people use and argue the same points countless times.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 20112

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:07 pm

"I view myself as a conservative, but I don't think I have enough information to defend my stance as well as it should be defended," it continued.

How long until this guy gets labeled as a "right-wing terrorist even though politics had nothing to do with his crimes?

View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 13726

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 pm

How long until this guy gets labeled as a "right-wing terrorist even though politics had nothing to do with his crimes?

Oh thats already the narrative.

Every time something like this happens both the right and the left rush to frame the other side with the perpetrator. They're either a Nazi or Antifa member

Its funny but sad at the same time.

View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:04 pm

Every time something like this happens both the right and the left rush to frame the other side with the perpetrator. They're either a Nazi or Antifa member

True. The media usually tries to find a way of making everything seem like it was politically motivated. Rolling Eyes

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:23 pm

@W.A.R. wrote:
@QuestionMark wrote:
@ShadowedGoddess wrote:

i hate the old media so much

remember when they said atchison was a neo nazi?
i knew him and he was just a good troll.
his real motive was depression most likely because he probably felt he had nothing else to do and hatred for the school. most likely had some mental disorder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:28 pm

http://wcyb.com/news/nation-world/austin-bombing-suspect-dead-i-35-shut-down

hes dead,killed himself but what if there are more bombers?

notice how they state that hes white even though he kind of looks like he has traces of hispanic in his heritage
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm

eldigato wrote:
remember when they said atchison was a neo nazi?
i knew him and he was just a good troll.

If you listen to those of an SJW persuasion they'll say you can't even joke or troll about such things. I really hate these kinds of people, they have no sense of humor whatsoever.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:18 am

The death of the Austin bomber brought some relief to the Texas capital. But as authorities dig through the evidence, even they acknowledge the motive is a mystery.

Mark Anthony Conditt recorded a 25-minute confession and killed himself in a final explosion, ending a wave of package bombings that terrorized Austin for weeks.

But none of the evidence that investigators have gathered has yet given police many clues as to what motivated the 23-year-old man to embark on a nearly month-long spree of violence.

"It is the outcry of a very challenged young man talking about challenges in his life that led him to this point," Austin police Chief Brian Manley said of the video.

A 25-minute recording was found on Conditt's cellphone when police recovered his body Wednesday morning.

In his confession, Conditt described the components of seven bombs he built -- including, authorities believe, the one he used to kill himself -- and detailed the differences among the bombs, Manley said.

But the video itself failed to shed light on a possible motive. He did not make any references suggesting involvement with terror groups or that the bombings were hate crimes.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Federal investigators on Thursday combed through the home of the 23-year-old they say was behind this month's deadly Texas bombing spree, seeking clues about what motivated his attacks the day after he killed himself in a confrontation with police.

Mark Conditt, an unemployed man from the Austin suburb of Pflugerville, confessed to the three-week string of bombings in a 25-minute video found on his cellphone, police said. Conditt blew himself up with one of his own bombs on Wednesday as police closed in on him in his car.

The video showed a troubled young man, according to Austin Police Chief Brian Manley, but did not outline a clear motive for the attacks that began March 2.

The police department was unlikely to make the video public while the investigation continued, said spokeswoman Destiny Wilson.

Investigators sought further clues from the home Conditt moved into last year and shared with two roommates in Pflugerville, which is within walking distance of his family's house.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheyAllFloatDownHere

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Yeah good ol Vance Stone i knew him for a while and he had a bad childhood, When will the world realise the real cause of all Mass Murders, its mental health.
The world should be putting time into fixing society and helping Mentally ill people instead of exploiting these events for political and ideological gain. The majority of these killers have troubled pasts and are traumatised by everything, from ISIS operatives to Lone wolfs these people are ALL disturbed and the media and society is unaware of this and will always find other things to blame except for the root cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Pink gloves. Investigators trying to track down the bomber caught a major break when surveillance footage from a FedEx store showed a suspect wearing pink construction gloves, the New York Times reports in a look at the hunt for Conditt. After investigators discovered the gloves were sold at Home Depot, they spotted the same suspect in surveillance video from an Austin-area store. Conditt was already a suspect thanks to license plate and cellphone data.

Caught for his love of pink gloves. I wonder why he wore pink ones?  scratch

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheyAllFloatDownHere

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Apparently in the confession video he talks about all he's past troubles and what lead him up to this bombing spree, apparently he talks about the devices he made in detail and according to law enforcement the video contains no mention of terrorism or "hate".

hopefully some form of transcript or video of the confession is released but i doubt it will in todays media.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:34 pm

The death of the Austin bomber brought some relief to the Texas capital. But as authorities dig through the evidence, even they acknowledge the motive is a mystery.

Mark Anthony Conditt recorded a 25-minute confession and killed himself in a final explosion, ending a wave of package bombings that terrorized Austin for weeks.

But none of the evidence that investigators have gathered has yet given police many clues as to what motivated the 23-year-old man to embark on a nearly month-long spree of violence.

"It is the outcry of a very challenged young man talking about challenges in his life that led him to this point," Austin police Chief Brian Manley said of the video.

A 25-minute recording was found on Conditt's cellphone when police recovered his body Wednesday morning.

In his confession, Conditt described the components of seven bombs he built -- including, authorities believe, the one he used to kill himself -- and detailed the differences among the bombs, Manley said.

But the video itself failed to shed light on a possible motive. He did not make any references suggesting involvement with terror groups or that the bombings were hate crimes.

These people are denser than pig shit if they can't figure out what the motive is when the dude is spelling it out right in front of their faces.

View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 26105

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:06 pm

These people are denser than pig shit if they can't figure out what the motive is when the dude is spelling it out right in front of their faces.
ding ding ding
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 24319
Location : The UK/Britain/England/United Kingdom/"Great" Britain etc.

PostSubject: Re: Austin package explosions leave teen dead   Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This guy could've become a meme had he not been blown up.

Don't push me, ’cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head
It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from going under"
It's like 2pac said,
when I die I'm not dead.
We are the martyrs,
you're just smashed tomatoes!"
View user profile

Austin package explosions leave teen dead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2