Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 23294

PostSubject: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:19 am

In case you don't know:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was Mexico's first non gang related School Shooting and while the motive remains unknown it is a fact the perpetrator Federico Guevara had psychological problems however I believe bullying played a part as well.

Footage of the Shooting can be found on Liveleak:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Response to: Tommy QTR   Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:31 am

@Tommy QTR wrote:
In case you don't know:
[Link to the Wikipedia article]
This was Mexico's first non gang related School Shooting and while the motive remains unknown it is a fact the perpetrator Federico Guevara had psychological problems however I believe bullying played a part as well.
[Link to the Liveleak video]
A true Mexican (an) hero we have there !
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 28987

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In case you don't know:

Huh, it was a shooting at a private school instead of a public one. You don't tend to see that too often.

View user profile
STK

Contribution Points : 18070

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:53 pm

I refuse to believe that only one of the people he shot died. I saw the leaked pictures of the victims; those are not the eyes of living beings.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Response to: STK   Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:01 pm

@STK wrote:
I refuse to believe that only one of the people he shot died. I saw the leaked pictures of the victims; those are not the eyes of living beings.
If we don't count the teacher who died, the ones who received NFI (Non-Fatal Injuries) probably just passed out for a reason or an other (Pain etc).

Last edited by CALU on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Giga143

Contribution Points : 9438

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:23 pm

He missed the first time he tried to shoot himself im shocked he manged to kill a single person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Response to: Giga143   Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:25 pm

@Giga143 wrote:
He missed the first time he tried to shoot himself im shocked he manged to kill a single person.
I wonder how did he miss his own head.
That is some Randy Stair level aim right there, even if it looks like he can handle the recoil of his gun pretty well.
Thank god he rushed it (He probably panicked), if he was more calm and focused he might have killed many more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:58 pm

@STK wrote:

They were critically injured by .22s. The kids with his head facing the side bleeding from his nose and mouth is the shooter. The glasses kid had a lot of matter lost but survived in critical condition. The teacher was in a coma for a while then became braindead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:58 pm

CALU wrote:
@Giga143 wrote:
That is some Randy Stair level aim right there, even if it looks like he can handle the recoil of his gun pretty well.
Thank god he rushed it (He probably panicked), if he was more calm and focused he might have killed many more.

Probably his hands were shaking. Also, .22lrs are known for having little recoil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:00 pm

I remember reading somewhere that the shooter was popular but depressed and part of Legion Holk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:04 pm

eldigato wrote:
CALU wrote:
@Giga143 wrote:

Probably his hands were shaking. Also, .22lrs are known for having little recoil.
Even if his hands were shaking it's still weird that he actually managed to fail his first suicide attempt.
His handgun was so close to his head (Just a few centimeters) !
Back to top Go down
STK

Contribution Points : 18070

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:05 pm

CALU wrote:

Even if his hands were shaking it's still weird that he actually managed to fail his first suicide attempt.
If I remember correctly, his gun was out of bullets when he first attempted suicide.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Response to: STK   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:06 pm

@STK wrote:
CALU wrote:

If I remember correctly, his gun was out of bullets when he first attempted suicide.
I don't think so, you can clearly see that the ceiling was being hit by the bullet after he shot.
Watch the camera recording on Liveleak at 0:29 / 0:30 and when he tries to kill himself.
You will see "dust" coming down the ceiling.

Last edited by CALU on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:07 pm

CALU wrote:
@STK wrote:
CALU wrote:

I don't think so, you can clearly see that the ceiling was being hit by the bullet after he shot.

He fired too early. He moved his gun up quick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Response to: eldigato   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:33 pm

eldigato wrote:
CALU wrote:
@STK wrote:
CALU wrote:

Might be.
Anyway, this shooting is interesting:
It doesn't seem to have been very planned and it feels like a "targeted shooting" (Shootings were the victims aren't random, but have been selected by the shooter for a personal reason) and that makes it more interesting.
If he wanted to do the maximum amount of damage he would have aimed more carefully before shooting and maybe even block the doors.
Also, the fact that it look very rushed adds to the speculation that the shooting wasn't much planned.
Maybe the shooting is a result of a very recent (At that time) psychological breakdown ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:35 pm

CALU wrote:
eldigato wrote:
CALU wrote:
@STK wrote:
CALU wrote:

Might be.
It doesn't seem to have been very planned and it feels like a "targeted shooting" (Shootings were the victims aren't random, but have been selected by the shooter for a personal reason) and that makes it more interesting.
If he wanted to do the maximum amount of damage he would have aimed more carefully before shooting and maybe even block the doors.
Also, the fact that it look very rushed adds to the speculation that the shooting wasn't much planned.
Maybe the shooting is a result of a very recent (At that time) psychological breakdown ?

It was too complicated to go back and reload the revolver, he just gave up it seems. He had no beef with the students.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:38 pm

eldigato wrote:
CALU wrote:
eldigato wrote:
CALU wrote:
@STK wrote:
CALU wrote:

Might be.

It was too complicated to go back and reload the revolver, he just gave up it seems. He had no beef with the students.
It's still interesting how he ended the shooting so quickly and didn't carefully aim though.
The fact that he didn't shoot carefully was maybe caused by some negative strong emotion ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 pm

CALU wrote:
eldigato wrote:
CALU wrote:
eldigato wrote:
CALU wrote:
@STK wrote:
CALU wrote:

Might be.

It's still interesting how he ended the shooting so quickly and didn't carefully aim though.
The fact that he didn't shoot carefully was maybe caused by some negative strong emotion ?

He aimed well at the first 3 victims. All headshots. Then he became a bit disoranized and fired at random, hitting the 4th victim in the leg.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 28987

PostSubject: Re: Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting   Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
CALU wrote:

Christ, that must be a real intense couple of seconds. You're all ready to die, and then click, nothing. I can hardly imagine how crazy that would be.

View user profile

Colegio Americano del Noreste shooting
Page 1 of 1